Ice Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with Ice Breath could you not minimize the Spe Attack stat by having a negative nature to that stat? Then you could focus on the Ice Breath user being a wall of sorts and have him hit a Competitive Spirit Pokémon in a team battle for max attack.

Maybe to break defensive boosters, which are a more common with some rain dance teams becuase of hydration. Can also be an option to break through curses and calm minders. Tag along a ditto, and you will never have to worry about things setting up on you again... its till sort of gimicky though. 80 base power isn't bad at all though.

Well, with Ice Breath could you not minimize the Spe Attack stat by having a negative nature to that stat? Then you could focus on the Ice Breath user being a wall of sorts and have him hit a Competitive Spirit Pokémon in a team battle for max attack.
It doesn't work that way: Ice Breath negates stat drops. You are reducing the actual SpA stat through a -SpA nature like Impish.

Hence, Ice Breath does LESS damage when used with a -SpA nature.

It doesn't work that way: Ice Breath negates stat drops. You are reducing the actual SpA stat through a -SpA nature like Impish.

Hence, Ice Breath does LESS damage when used with a -SpA nature.
That's what I meant. I want it to be as low as possible because I'm attacking my own Pokémon in a double battle. An Adamant Beartic or something of that nature could do it.

Abusing Terakion's Heart of Justice in doubles is pretty common in cartridge's doubles and actually works, despite Terakion having horrible weakness to priority.

I'm excited to try out Tauros, +6 Rock Slide should deal about the same as Terakion's +4, without being so predicable and having to do it on the first turn.

If Kyurem had this move, it could abuse it after lowering its Special Attack to -6 after repeated uses of Draco Meteor. But it doesn't.

But what does has this move, however, is Smeargle. Technician Choice Scarf Smeargle could abuse this after Mew passes +6 Special Attack to it.

Speaking of Mew, Mew could abuse this after using Overheat.

What do you mean an inferior CC/HJK, Banryu? Nageki doesn't get either of these moves and on something as physically bulky as Nageki (Bulk Up) it seems more appropriate to have Mountain Storm to hit other stat-uppers as opposed to Focus Punch (ease of prediction) or Brick Break (slightly weaker anyway). On Ice-types Frost Breath usually is inferior unless your team member needs a specific counter to a certain stat-raiser (for example, in the case of AP+CP Sigilyph Frost Breath is invaluable in breaking through its tankish Defenses). Cryogonal would also have some minor use as a Specially Bulky Dual Screens set-up Pokemon, where another bulky Pokemon could be brought in against it to stat-up in its face. Sadly, the handful of 'mons this could shut down have resistance to Ice (eg. Chandelure).

Throh could make good use of Storm Throw to ignore Porygon2 and others' Eviolite.

Frost Breath seems like it would be a great move in Ubers, as there are many Calm Mind users there and many of them are also weak to Ice. However, other than Lapras, Cloyster, Abomasnow, Froslass, and Moody Glalie, the users aren't that good. Abomasnow can use Leaf Storm followed by Frost Breath. I think they made Kyurem unable to learn this move so that it couldn't abuse Draco Meteor and Frost Breath with its higher offensive stats.

I think they specifically designed this so it CAN'T be abused like that. Really makes you wonder why they came up with it in the first place.

I think Tauros or Primeape are good targets for that attack, in double battles of course.
I dunno, neither really has much bulk. If your attack for that round is hitting a Primeape or Tauros plus an opponet's... you may not get a hit off with the attack boost.

if you have an Anger Point Bouffalant/Tauros with a pokemon (preferably low Sp. Atk to minimize damage) that knows this in a double battle, if your Bouffalant/Tauros has good HP and SpD EV investment and possibly a good way to recover health (like ChestoRest), this would be an awesome way to max out his Atk. sadly, Bouffalant has lackluster speed to sweep but decent enough defenses to take the hit, while Tauros has good speed to at least sweep some slower threats, but lacks the defenses to take the hit. even more sadly, they're the best users of the Anger Point-Ice Breath combo

if you have an Anger Point Bouffalant/Tauros with a pokemon (preferably low Sp. Atk to minimize damage) that knows this in a double battle, if your Bouffalant/Tauros has good HP and SpD EV investment and possibly a good way to recover health (like ChestoRest), this would be an awesome way to max out his Atk. sadly, Bouffalant has lackluster speed to sweep but decent enough defenses to take the hit, while Tauros has good speed to at least sweep some slower threats, but lacks the defenses to take the hit. even more sadly, they're the best users of the Anger Point-Ice Breath combo

...Bouffalant doesn't get Anger Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)