If you can't beat 'em, join em: RM stall team

I keep getting my shit wrecked by stall teams, so I decided to try it out myself. And it's been working rather well so far.

Hippowdon @ leftovers

Sandstream
252HP/ 16ATK/ 252 DEF
Impish

Slack Off
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Roar

Sets up Stealth Rock and Sand Storm. Heals itself and blows things into spikes.
I'm thinking Gliscor could go here since it is faster and has taunt, but then I won't have the sand stream....

Skarmory @ leftovers

Keen Eye
252 HP/ 96 ATK/ 156 DEF/ 4 SPE
Impish

Roost
Roar
Spikes
Brave Bird

Sets up Spikes and blows things into spikes. Also adds another wall against physical attacks and heals itself to boot.

Suicune @ leftovers

Pressure
252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPE
Bold

Sleep Talk
Roar
Rest
Surf

Solid status absorber and physical wall. Roar to switch things out (that's getting old).

Rotom-w @ leftovers

Levitate
252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPD
Bold

Discharge
Shadow Ball
Rest
Sleep Talk

Another sleep talker and tank. Also my rapid spin blocker. I'm thinking maybe I should go with Special defense over physical defense....

Tentacruel @ leftovers

Clear Body
252 HP/ 56 DEF/ 200 SPD
Calm

Surf
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Ice Beam

My rapid spinner to survive against other stall teams. Also sets up toxic spikes and makes a decent special wall. I'm strongly considering starmie though since it heals itself...

Blissey @ leftovers

Natural Cure
252 DEF/ 40 SPA/ 216 SPD
Calm

Wish
Protect
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam

Standard special walling Blissey with hax wave to mess up ScarfTrans.

The only pokemon I've run into that really messes me up is freaking Breloom.

I see what you mean about Breloom causing problems. Heatran could also be problematic at times. I suggest replace Rotom with this:

Dusknoir
@ Leftovers
Careful | Pressure
252 HP, 204 Special Defense, 52 Attack
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Pain Split
- Confuse Ray/Substitute

This will help in many ways that Rotom cannot. Pressure stalling will help run down the opponent's precious PP on their powerful attacks. Earthquake will take out Heatran who thinks it can switch in and absorb a Will-O-Wisp. Shadow Sneak for some needed priority. Pain Split for some extra HP and draining the opponent's. The final slot is up to you. Confuse Ray can cause even more switches, adding to Stealth Rock/Spikes damage, or possibly cause them to hurt themselves if they stay in, allowing you to switch or Pain Split. Substitute works well with Pain Split, lowering your HP in order to steal the opponents.

You may want to run a bulky-Gyarados or Salamence, as they both can take hits from both sides of the spectrum: Intimidate will lower opponents Atk and have HP and SDef Evs and it will be able to take Special Attacks. Youll also have something that still has salvagable attack to hit hard

Get rid of Roar on Hippowdon, and replace it with Stone Edge. Three phazers is more than enough, and Hippodowdon needs something to hit flying types or levitators. Also nails Gyarados and Zapdos on the switch.

Although it normally doesn't make a difference, get rid of Roar on Skarm and replace it with Whirlwind, so you don't have to worry about Mr. Mime on Baton Passing teams.

Don't put thunder wave on blissey. You should be trying to kill shit with toxic, particulary since you're using toxic spikes. Use toxic instead, and put flamethrower or seismic toss with it.

Shove calm mind on cune instead of roar - crocune is an absolute beast.

Get rid of Roar on Hippowdon, and replace it with Stone Edge. Three phazers is more than enough, and Hippodowdon needs something to hit flying types or levitators. Also nails Gyarados and Zapdos on the switch.

Although it normally doesn't make a difference, get rid of Roar on Skarm and replace it with Whirlwind, so you don't have to worry about Mr. Mime on Baton Passing teams.

Don't put thunder wave on blissey. You should be trying to kill shit with toxic, particulary since you're using toxic spikes. Use toxic instead, and put flamethrower or seismic toss with it.

Shove calm mind on cune instead of roar - crocune is an absolute beast.
Well, making crocune, although i agree is beast, would knck him down to one PHazer, just pointing out ( I agree with you, just you said earlier that two was good)

Also, why put Toxic on Blissey if almost everything coming in is gonna get poisoned anyway? Perhaps try a Counter Bliss, as going with status isnt going to help...

Because you cannot ever always count on getting two layers of toxic spikes up. Also, you need a way to hit flying types and levitators.
Two is good, but I play stall and I only use one. Calm mind over roar isn't as big of a deal as the other changes, but it's what I would do.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Don't replace Roar with Stone Edge, Stone Edge can probably help you with things like Gyarados and Salamence but generally you should not be staying into these pokemon, and Roar would be needed to shuffle around your opponents pokemon into Stealth Rocks or Spikes, so defenitly keep Roar on Hippowodon. Shed Shell on Skarmory would help out alot, because once skarm is gone to Magnezone you will have major problems with Ice moves, and pokemon such as Mamoswine and Weavile, so I would suggest Shed Shell > Leftovers. Something that is immune to Fighting and Ground moves is a good pokemon, but I don't think the Rotom you are using is exactly the best one to use here, so I would suggest using Rotom-O, you can keep the same EVs and Nature, but 2 SleepTalkers is enough, so I would suggest using Discharge / Shadow Ball / Overheat / Reflect or Light Screen, this will ensure you more coverage against things like Scizor and Lucario, because Fighting won't hit Rotom, so I would suggest trying it out. Toxic Spikes isn't always needed in a Stall Team, Spikes and Stealth Rocks and Roar pokemon can always take down pokemon by just forcing switch ins and switch outs, and repeat the proccess, so if you don't really mind the loss of Toxic Spikes on the team, replacing Tentacruel with Starmie would be a good idea, it will ensure more coverage against MixApe, and handle Gyarados too, I would not suggest going BoltBeam though, you should probably go something like Surf / Thunderbolt / Recover / Rapid Spin, so you don't lose to opposing teams Spikes.

The last thing is that Blissey, I don't really thing Thunderwave and Ice Beam are effective on a stall team Blissey, Blissey will probably need Seismic Toss / Ice Beam / Wish / Protect, Seismic Toss will only be the only thing changing so you won't lose against pokemom that might try to stall you.

Because you cannot ever always count on getting two layers of toxic spikes up. Also, you need a way to hit flying types and levitators.
Two is good, but I play stall and I only use one. Calm mind over roar isn't as big of a deal as the other changes, but it's what I would do.
but you can usually count on getting one layer up, so most of the opposing pokes would already be statused. HOWEVER, if he chooses to take up tentacruel, then running toxic or TWave is a viable option.

Thanks alot, guys. I'm going to try some of those changes out now. A question though. If I were to put in say a Gyarados, where would it fit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)