I'm Doing This Quite Often - RMT

Trying to perfect a new team. I would love to hear the awesome feedback of this community.

Idea is simple. Set up Stealth Rock, weaken stuff by shuffling. Come in with Starmie and spread damage. When they send in something troublesome switch to an appropriate counter or let them get the kill. Weaken the team enough to get a sweep with CS Togekiss.

14 Points For Ugly (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Absorbs hits, sets up Stealth Rock, and shuffle my opponents team.

Reoccuring strategy?
---

Serene Grace (Togekiss) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 16 HP/240 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
- Tri Attack

Dangerous as fuck! 384 Speed to outspeed Jolly Weavile. People usually expect the Baton Passer or Plot Sweeper but this is just as dangerous.
Flinch, Burn, Paralysis, and Freeze, what a yummy combination. Takes care of quite a few Pokemon very well I believe.
---

30,000 Space Fucks (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/120 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

Status absorber and annoying as fuck to take down. BoltBeam for Dragons, Gyara, and friends. The boost from Charge Beam is very welcomed.
---

Dracula Mountain (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

Originally I added him to get rid of Pokemon that could trouble Starmie. Trapping has been quite useful in a lot of cases (Metagross, Heatran, Magnezone). I loved this guy until I met up with Choice Scarf Infernape :(
Still fearsome.

---

Boxcutter Facelift (Hariyama) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 72 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Cross Chop
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Defensive dark resist and phazer. Take it to the guns with Hariyama!
---

Rustic Raver (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Spins, stalls, and attacks. Helps Togekiss out. Adds to my Lucario weakness.
---

Threat list:

Tyranitar - Togekiss destroys him with an Aura Sphere. Dugtrio and Mamoswine can deal some severe damage with STAB Earthquake.

Gyarados - With Stealth Rock down not much of a problem. Cresselia has Charge Beam, Starmie has Thunderbolt, Dugtrio has Rock Slide, and Mamoswine has Stone Edge.

Infernape - Dugtrio, Mamoswine, Togekiss, and Starmie all deal SE damage. I'm really hurt by the fact I do not have a Dragon to really counter him.

Azelf - Dugtrio can Sucker Punch it to hell.

Electivire - This is troublesome since without Earthquake Bronzong can't do much to it.

Heracross - Togekiss, Dugtrio, and Mamoswine all carry SE attacks to deal damage to it.

Salamence - Cresselia, Mamoswine, and Dugtrio can damage it with Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Stone Edge, and Rock Slide.

Togekiss - Starmie can hit it with Thunderbolt, Mamoswine with Ice Shard and Stone Edge, Dugtrio with Rock Slide. Not considering Cresselia for this.

Gengar - My only hope is to outspeed him with Starmie and hit him hard or to hit him really hard with Togekiss. Dugtrio can always Sucker Punch him.

Garchomp - Sole reason why I have Mamoswine on my team. If that fails than Ice Beam from Cresselia ought to do it.

Lucario - As long as he does not have Stone Edge Togekiss can get to him first. Really of no trouble unless he has a Swords Dance in and thats when I panic.

Starmie - Cresselia.

Weavile - Togekiss outspeeds it and Bronzongs survives its hits.

Dugtrio - Ice Shard Mamoswine. He really hurts Cresselia and Starmie with Sucker Punch.

PorygonZ - Togekiss can take care of it hopefully.

Machamp - I'm relying on Togekiss, Dugtrio, and Mamoswine to take care of it.

Snorlax - No sure way of hitting it.

Zapdos - Mamoswine cripples it.

Suicune - Starmie can hit it hard.

Breloom - Togekiss, Mamoswine, Dugtrio, and Cresselia do a great job of stopping him.

Slaking - Hax.

Ninjask - I need a phazer to kill him off with Stealth Rock.

Metagross - Dugfuckingtrio.

Heatran - Dugtrio does an excellent job, Mamoswine hits it hard, Togekiss 2HKOs it as well as Starmie.

Jirachi - Dugtrio, Mamoswine, and Togekiss hit it very hard.

Dragonite - Mamoswine, Dugtrio, and Cresselia can hit it for SE damage.

Mamoswine - Bronzong resists or is immune to all of its attacks and hits hard with Gyro Ball.

Gallade - Hard to counter until his set is determined.

Yanmega - Fucking shit, another one that is hard to counter.

Kingdra - Residual damage.

Roserade - Mamoswine, Dugtrio, Cresselia, and Togekiss hit it SE.

Scizor - Togekiss deals SE damage, the rest of my team hits it neutral.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You could use Gliscor over Bronzong, and lead with Togekiss to help with your Lucario weakness, but then you wouldn't have a sleep move anywhere on this team.

If you do switch to Gliscor, I would change Cresselia's EV spread to 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpDef. This will stop CB Garchomp from 2HKOing you with Outrage (well, it will still have a 4% chance), which could otherwise hurt your team a lot, since Mamoswine can't switch in.

I would use Mamoswine a Jolly nature, and use Ice Fang instead of Peck. Ice Fangs higher BP will let you OHKO max HP / Def Gliscor, while outrunning Adamant SD Lucario.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Watch out for CBWeavile and CBTar (to a lesser degree because of Dugtrio) since you lack a dark resist and your only pokemon that can kind of take a hit from both is set to boom early on. I'd consider Machamp > Mamoswine. Mamo doesn't really fit your team and you have no reliable way of taking down his counters, so you would be better off filling that spot with an important defensive piece.

Though if you keep Mamoswine consider Blizzard. It 2hkos Skarmory which reduces the number of pokemon that can safely switch in on Life Orb Swine to 2 (zong and cressy). But I would definitely drop Peck, especially if you're running adamant, since heracross outspeeds you as of now. Also dedicating a moveslot to taking out Heracross is kind of useless when you can just trap and kill it with Dugtrio.

You could use Gliscor over Bronzong, and lead with Togekiss to help with your Lucario weakness, but then you wouldn't have a sleep move anywhere on this team.

If you do switch to Gliscor, I would change Cresselia's EV spread to 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpDef. This will stop CB Garchomp from 2HKOing you with Outrage (well, it will still have a 4% chance), which could otherwise hurt your team a lot, since Mamoswine can't switch in.

I would use Mamoswine a Jolly nature, and use Ice Fang instead of Peck. Ice Fangs higher BP will let you OHKO max HP / Def Gliscor, while outrunning Adamant SD Lucario.
Gliscor would give me another Ice weak :(

Watch out for CBWeavile and CBTar (to a lesser degree because of Dugtrio) since you lack a dark resist and your only pokemon that can kind of take a hit from both is set to boom early on. I'd consider Machamp > Mamoswine. Mamo doesn't really fit your team and you have no reliable way of taking down his counters, so you would be better off filling that spot with an important defensive piece.

Though if you keep Mamoswine consider Blizzard. It 2hkos Skarmory which reduces the number of pokemon that can safely switch in on Life Orb Swine to 2 (zong and cressy). But I would definitely drop Peck, especially if you're running adamant, since heracross outspeeds you as of now. Also dedicating a moveslot to taking out Heracross is kind of useless when you can just trap and kill it with Dugtrio.
I'll replace Mamo. This brings one thing to mind who to use? Lucario, Hariyama, or Machamp?

Lucario is the faster of the 3 and has a huge list of resistances. With Starmie resisting Fire and Fighting, Togekiss and Bronzong being immune to Ground he seems like an excellent choice.

Hariyama has the option of Phazing and this is something my team would like a lot. Hariyama also gets Bullet Punch. But then there is the issue of which moves to run.

Machamp has a high attack stat and awesome ability but is really slow.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While adding a 3rd Ice weakness isn't normally good, look at your other two pokemon with an Ice weakness. Dugtrio and Togekiss are both fast, and situational. They're not pokemon you're going to fall back on to switch into very many threats at all.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
There is no reason to use so much Speed on Hariyama, because it won't outspeed anything of consequence relative to it anyways; invest in its defenses, because even though it has 144 base HP, its 60 base Defense is markedly unimpressive. A Choice Band Tyranitar's Crunch will make quick work of it otherwise, especially since it has no recovery outside of Leftovers. Electrics are formidable to face, especially Raikou, so you might want to make Dugtrio Jolly so it outruns it.

May be a scrap suggestion, but may I suggest priority abusing Hitmontop over Hariyama? It's pretty sturdy, gives you 2 priority moves (fake out too), resists Dark, Gives Mach punch which could potentially stop Lucario. Not to mention he gets Bullet punch too if thats worth anything.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I loved this guy until I met up with Choice Scarf Infernape :(
Still fearsome.
It may not have been Scarfed...Infernape will outrun your Dugtrio everytime unless you go Jolly. Unfortunately you'd lose the ability to assure a 2HKO on Blissey and an OHKO on Metagross/Tyranitar.

You're very Raikou weak as Great Sage mentioned, so I'd suggest that you give Bronzong Earthquake > Explosion. This will give you a semi-reliable counter as Earthquake is an easy 2HKO. On that note, I noticed you've left Magnezone out of your threat list, even though he is really harsh on this team. Once he throws up a Sub, you're gonna struggle to get it down without taking a lot of damage. Your only hope is to go to Hariyama and use Whirlwind, but you'll be losing nearly 70% of your health in the process. Swampert>Bronzong would solve all your Electrical problems provided HP Grass/Grass Knot is absent, so that's definately one to consider. You already have a Garchomp/Mamoswine counter in Cresselia so Bronzong isn't bringing too much to the team other than sleep.

Your Hariyama EV's are terrible...you have no chance of countering Tyranitar with 156 Defence. The standard is:

76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def @ Impish nature.

This will give you 448 HP/321 Atk/240 Def meaning you'll be taking 24-29% from CBTar Crunch, rather than the 39-46% you're currently taking. Bullet Punch/Ice Punch is also an illegal combination. Emerald Tutor + DP Egg move = Nope.

There is no reason to use so much Speed on Hariyama, because it won't outspeed anything of consequence relative to it anyways; invest in its defenses, because even though it has 144 base HP, its 60 base Defense is markedly unimpressive. A Choice Band Tyranitar's Crunch will make quick work of it otherwise, especially since it has no recovery outside of Leftovers. Electrics are formidable to face, especially Raikou, so you might want to make Dugtrio Jolly so it outruns it.
Whoops I wrote it down as Speed instead of Defense. My mistake >.>

May be a scrap suggestion, but may I suggest priority abusing Hitmontop over Hariyama? It's pretty sturdy, gives you 2 priority moves (fake out too), resists Dark, Gives Mach punch which could potentially stop Lucario. Not to mention he gets Bullet punch too if thats worth anything.
Ill run Hitmontop a bit later to see how that works.

It may not have been Scarfed...Infernape will outrun your Dugtrio everytime unless you go Jolly. Unfortunately you'd lose the ability to assure a 2HKO on Blissey and an OHKO on Metagross/Tyranitar.

You're very Raikou weak as Great Sage mentioned, so I'd suggest that you give Bronzong Earthquake > Explosion. This will give you a semi-reliable counter as Earthquake is an easy 2HKO. On that note, I noticed you've left Magnezone out of your threat list, even though he is really harsh on this team. Once he throws up a Sub, you're gonna struggle to get it down without taking a lot of damage. Your only hope is to go to Hariyama and use Whirlwind, but you'll be losing nearly 70% of your health in the process. Swampert>Bronzong would solve all your Electrical problems provided HP Grass/Grass Knot is absent, so that's definately one to consider. You already have a Garchomp/Mamoswine counter in Cresselia so Bronzong isn't bringing too much to the team other than sleep.

Your Hariyama EV's are terrible...you have no chance of countering Tyranitar with 156 Defence. The standard is:

76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def @ Impish nature.

This will give you 448 HP/321 Atk/240 Def meaning you'll be taking 24-29% from CBTar Crunch, rather than the 39-46% you're currently taking. Bullet Punch/Ice Punch is also an illegal combination. Emerald Tutor + DP Egg move = Nope.
Well Shoddy doesn't mark it as illegal so I figured I'd get away with it :P
Read above for my EVs >.>

Glad to know my idea of Swampy > Zong was right :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)