In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I think (just beat the 6th Gym):

Emboar: Nitro Charge is awesome is the early game and Arm thrust is good too. He does lose a bit of power later on, since he doesn't get any good STAB moves until he evolves into Emboar, but after that, he's great.

Mirohoggu: He's hard to train as a Minezumi, but he gets good moves like Crunch early on (lv. 16). when he evolves, he becomes quite a powerhouse for the 3rd gym. However, he becomes increasingly useless after that, until he becomes a nuisance. I ditched him after gym 5.

Hiyakki: I love this guy. You can evolve it at lv. 22, when it gets Boiling Water, and then it can rip apart a lot of Pokemon with it. I actually swept the Electric Gym with it at lv. 25.

Hahakurimo: This one surprised me. You can get it at lv. 15 as a Kurimiru, and it has two strong STABs with it already for the early game, Bug Bite and Razor Leaf. You'll have to wait until after the 5th Gym to get its best attacks: Leaf Blade(lv. up) and X-Scissor(TM). Its typing hurts a lot though and he doesn't have any coverage outside of Slash.

Pendoraa: You can get it together with Kurimiru, but it is quite weak. After it evolves, however, you have quite a Pokemon in your hands. You can get Megahorn at the 6th Gym City, and he'll rape everyone with it. He also has access to Smooth Over, which covers 3 types that resist Megahorn.

Riguree: To early to say. I still haven't evolved it, but he swept the 6th Gym with Charge Beam regardless.

Yabakuron/Dasutodasu: When you get Yabakuron (Just outside the town fot he fourth gym,) it is amazingly useful, acid bomb decimates a pokemon's special defence, and a good sludge decimates it's remaining health. If you're planning on keeping it a special attacker, Breakable armour is incredibly useful ability, as it boosts Dasutodasu's mediocre speed into something useful for sweeping entire teams of gym leaders, if not, it gets tedious and to be honest, it's barely worth keeping, but can be ok if you can tolerate the lack of any level up moves that aren't poison or normal type.

Denchura: Used to death, but by god when you get to the 6th gym and have electra ball, you'll be overjoyed at how you outspeed EVERYTHING in the gym and destroy them in one hit.

I just beat the E4 this afternoon so I'm taking a break and reading up on what I've missed over the past few days. I was fairly overlevelled in my run since I only did it with 5 pokemon but I found that I struggled enough to make the elite four challenging.

I used the following:

Denchuura (Bug/Electric): Really fast. Signal Beam and Volt Change are really good STAB moves for when you get him and he evolves pretty quickly if you slap an EXP share on the first one you catch in the Electric Rock Cave. I used him as a lead and found that he baited a lot of fire and rock attacks so I'd always volt change out of those users to members of my team that could take the attack and counter back. Compoundeyes Thunder provides a lot of extra Oomph and you can have it by the 7th gym if you buy the TM. He's still not that bad without it because Electra ball is ungodly powerful as well. Mine was running Thunder/Signal Beam/Electra Net/Volt Change for the elite four but I think that if I had had enough heart scales I would have liked to swap out Electra Net for T-wave. He'll be learning Energy Ball when I find the TM on Route 13. I'm looking forward to Bug Buzz in a few levels as well. Easily the core member of my team. He's the hit that keeps on hitting.

Hihidaruma (Fire): Glass Cannon. I probably should have swapped him out for the ghost candle earlier. I'm definitely not satisfied with his performance during the E4. I tend to play a bit bulkier in game when I can so I don't think he and I really meshed well.

Zuruzukin (Dark/Fighting: I used this guy as a tank with the Rugged Helmet and a lot of times he would simply NOT DIE EVER. Overconfidence was the ability I chose but later in the game I started thinking that Shed Skin Rest and Cheer Up would have been really nice too. STAB Brick Break and Crunch hit a lot of pokemon pretty hard early on and he can learn a whole wealth of TMs by the time you get to the E4 though his STABs are usually his best options I found. After a few too many run-ins with 2x effective fighting attacks I picked up...

Burunkeru (Water/Ghost): Surf and Shadow ball are pretty good STABs. Mine had Blizzard for the dragon gym since I was noticeably lacking in the ice department. His last slot was Recover and I found he got many opportunities to use it thanks to water, normal and fighting immunities. He was pretty easy to train too since a lot of the plasmas would send out their normal types vs him and then withdraw and he'd get a free Surf off on something else. He's a bit on the slower side but he's definitely got the bulk to handle hits, especially from the special side.

Shanderaa (Fire/Ghost): I picked this guy up as I was heading into victory road so I have no idea how well he fares up until this point. I told myself I wouldn't catch a candle until after I knew I would be getting a dusk stone and that didn't happen until I was already walking up to victory road. Not a whole lot of Good STAB from levelling up, unfortunately. You should have the Shadowball TM before he even begins to approach the level he'd learn it naturally. He hasn't seen a whole lot of use thus far but he has been useful for his fire immunity. The glaring dark weakness he shares with Burunkeru is mostly made up for by Zuruzukin's ability to come in on dark moves and take hardly any damage because of his 4x resists.

Hahakurimo (Bug/Grass): Very good early on. Mine evolved at level 21 because I spent a lot of time grinding Zuruggu and Darumakka to catch them up to my group after I caught them. Leafblade, Slash and X-Scissor give him very nice coverage and the 4x resistance to ground was useful in the fifth gym. Filled his last slot with False Swipe just to make my job easier since I was pretty over levelled early on. I replaced him when I caught Denchuura because he has a lot of weaknesses that weren't really helping me at the time.

Meguroko (Dark/Ground): I had some trouble levelling him up at first and so I ended up ditching him. I think I would have liked having him around instead of Hihidaruma had I given him a better opportunity to do his thing.

Doryuuzu (Ground/Steel): It was pretty late when I caught one of these and so I ended up leaving him in the box. I should have used him to replace Hihidaruma because he still packs a punch but he can take a hit as well thanks to the steel typing.

Hatoopoo (Normal Flying): I used it as an HM slave and a sacrifice. Often Volt Changing to him when I wasn't sure what pokemon to send out instead.

I chose Smugleaf as my starter and ended up ditching him by level 25 or so.

On my next playthrough in English I'll probably pick up Pignite at first, ditch him later and just go through with a team of Denchuura, Doryuuzu, Zuruzukin, Burunkeru, Shanderaa and have the last slot for an HM slave.

Overall I was really impressed with how well the game plays and very glad that Cut and Strength were rarely used or even necessary.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Since people were asking about Desukan I'll comment. If you catch it's prevo early when you first get access to that part of the desert, I immagine it's pretty tough to train. I caught it because it was cool but didn't train it until I got to the cemetary. I gave it lucky egg and pretty much got it evolved pretty easily and quickly in the cemetary. After it evolves to Desukan it learns Shadow Ball pretty quickly, and his spatk isn't bad. His physical bulk is great against fighters, and he was always my switchin against them. However, he's really not very good. His only good move is shadow ball, he has crap speed, and he's still 2HKO'd pretty easily by anything special.

Meh, he looks so badass and it hurts me to be honest about him, but he sucks, I give him low-middle tier.

Unlike most of the players that have posted on this thread, I don't really level my Pokemon and change them everytime I get a chance. So my Pokemon never really level up. Not to mention I use Max Repels and spend a lot of time dodging trainers (even if it means resetting if I accidently meet one). So most of my Pokemon experience is of a higher difficulty, eg. I am always 10-20 levels lower than the enemy (was lvl 30-40 for E4), so I believe my decision of tier placement will be slightly different.

Daikenki
- Left this guy in the daycare as soon as possible and when I got it back out around 6th gym or something, it was really pathetic, even though it was the same level as the rest of my team. Never used this guy in the E4. Mid Tier.

Haderia - Intimidate helps a lot early game because everyone is using physical moves. You get Take-Down really early and it's power is absurd. Crunch is also good and it gets Dig later so you'll get perfect coverage. Not to mention you can also teach this thing TWave and it is bulky enough to get it off. Good for early-mid game but after that it's overshadowed. Mid Tier.

Reparudasu - Fakeout and near the fastest TWave early game is a godsend. Pursuit is OK at the start but I replaced this guy later on since it can't do enough damage and too frail. Mid Tier.

The Three Monkeys
- Useful for the first gym but that's about it. Low Tier.

Hatooboo - I used this thing for Fly but replaced it with Aekeosu later on. This thing saved my life in the flying gym because The opponent keeps using Razor Wind so I would just Fly and dodge it while he missed and this repeated until I won. Low-Mid Tier.

Zeburaika - More of a utility Pokemon than anything else. TWave/Flash/Light Screen gave it good support for the E4. Mid Tier.

Dageki - This thing is a god. It is bulky enough to get a few Bulk Ups up and by then Brick Break just rapes everything. You can get it really early game and it will last you the entire game, I promise. High Tier.

Darumakka - You don't even need to train this guy and he is already useful. I was stuck in the ice gym so I got my Darumakka from my box. It 2HKO everything and didn't even get OHKO back. Best thing was it was only Lvl. 18! High Tier.

Aekeosu - You get this thing so early and it already OHKOs everything with its stab Pluck and when you get Acrobat it power just doubled (assuming you don't hold items). Acrobat/Crunch/Rock Slide/U-Turn should allow you to solo late game. High Tier.

Onondo - Caught this thing in Victory Road and it helped a lot in the E4. Dragon Dance + Dragon Claw basically swept the rest of the E4 that Dageki couldn't. Mid Tier (You get it too late but still strong).

Reshiram - Once you get this thing, N and the other boss should be piece of cake. Doesn't even matter if the rest of you Pokemon are sub lvl 40s (like me). Uber Tier.

Denchuura ...but I think that if I had had enough heart scales I would have liked to swap out Electra Net for T-wave.
You can buy the TM for $10k in either the 4th or 5th gym city, which is probably easier.

I've used a lot of the common ones in my playthrough (going for 8th badge now), so I'll support as follows:

High: Meguruko (provided you get it at the lowest level for Bite vs Assurance at the start, and keep Crunch when offered Trickery), Nageki and Denchura. (Even if my Denchura is bloody Adamant...)

Mid: Jarooda, Gamageroge (Water/Ground is nice, but you have to be careful with the Grass types nearby, and his best special Ground STAB is Mud Shot if you have to go in that direction. Based on what I've seen, I'd rank Burungeru and certainly Daikenki ahead of it.

Unranked because of event-ness: Victini.

Well, I've dumped out my party multiple times, and started fresh, so I think I can weigh in on some of these Pokemon.

- I really tried to love this Pokemon, since it was hyped for so long. I just couldn't do it. That's not to say that Tsutarja is a bad Pokemon. It's bulky enough to set up Growth on more than a few Pokemon, and can Grass Mixer its way to victory, but its complete lack of coverage just put me off. If I could start off with one from Dream World, with Perversity, than I think I would have had a much better run with it. (Low to Mid tier)

- Haven't used it past an HM Slave. I rarely try out the next generation's Rattata, since it usually ends up disappointing me (looking at you, Bidoof.) It does look pretty nice though, move-set wise. Detect, Hypnosis, Super Fang, Hyper Fang all before Level 30? Not bad at all. If you evolve straight off the bat (something I rarely do, since I like getting stronger moves faster), you can fit Confuse Ray into a move-slot and generally annoy the CPU. (Mid tier)

- I saw Choroneko and I tried to make it work. Really did, I'm telling you. Between low Attack (50), or pathetic defenses (41/37/37), I just couldn't do it. I got it to Level 17 and gave up on it. Between paper-thin defenses, and a below average Level Up move-pool, I dumped it for the next Pokemon I could find. (Low tier)

- I genuinely don't see why the Elemental Monkeys catch so much flack. Beginning of the game, when you're against the Gym-type you're weak against (obviously, in my case, Fire), this monkey is a god-send. Early on, you'll notice a lack of offensive Water-type Pokemon. Otamaru is decent, and it evolves quickly into the tank-ish Gamageroge, and that's about it as far as offensive Water-types go for the first couple of Gyms. Purotoga, and its evolution Abagoora are powerful, but so slow to use, and it'll be a while before they learn Shell Break. Cheer Up is great for Hiyappu and Hiyakki, and with a move-set of Cheer Up/Boiling Water/Crunch/Grass Knot, there's rarely a Pokemon that it can't O/2HKO. (Mid to High tier)

- When I first saw Mamepato, I was thinking that it would be the next Starly. Damn, was I disappointed. No Physical Flying-type attacks until it hits Level 50, and what does it get? Mother. Fucking. Sky. Attack. Are you kidding me? Not even Brave Bird?! This thing evolved for me, then I threw it in the box. Massive disappointment here, and I can only hope that Pokemon Grey improves on Mamepato. Not like it could get any much worse. (Low tier)

- Hey, it's something decent! Shimama and Zeburaika aren't appreciated enough. Zeburaika have passable offensive stats (100/80/116), Motor Drive (or Lightningrod), Wild Volt, Nitro Charge, Pursuit, and Quick Attack, which is enough to get you through the game pretty easily. (Mid tier)

That's all I've got for now. I'll do six more tomorrow evening.

I've heard that Kojondo (the fighting kangaroo) was pretty good. If you're able to get Victini early because you have the ticket, that should be good aswell.

And what do you guys say about Zoroark, Bainabara, Chillachino and Iwaparesu? I'm just starting the game, and I plan on getting them later...

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's posted. There's going to be a lot of errors, but read the OP please. Credits to jumpluff for her sprites. :D
Why should Victini be unranked, when its available fairly early in the game, to everyone with WiFi?
Explain this event to me real fast. I'm thinking that Victini can be tiered like the trade-evolve mons.

I've heard that Kojondo (the fighting kangaroo) was pretty good.
However he doesn't appear until Victory Road so you won't get a lot of time to work with him. I wasn't very impressed with the one that the fighting-type E4 Used. It does get a very good variety of moves though so I'm sure a player could put it to better use if they really needed. It would be lacking in the EVs incident on your other pokemon that you've been using up until this point though. The game really does make it quite easy to pick up a new pokemon and start using it immediately though so as long as you're willing to train it to 50 for its evolution (the E4's highest level pokemon is 50) then you'll probably be fine.

And what do you guys say about Zoroark, Bainabara, Chillachino and Iwaparesu? I'm just starting the game, and I plan on getting them later...
No comment on Zoroark.

Bainabara evolves late and doesn't get a whole lot of coverage. You're pretty much limited to Ice and Steel for attacking and mirror shot isn't the best. Lots of fighting and rock moves flying around doesn't help either. I too thought about using this one but decided to just teach Blizzard to something and live without the liability of an ice type.

Chillachino seems like it'd be better with its dream world ability. There are a lot of fighting moves floating around though so it probably wouldn't fare very even then. Without skill link you're really gambling every time you use sweep slap or rock blast. The support movepool is good but that doesn't help a whole lot in game.

Iwaparesu
is another case where its ingame usefulness would be a lot higher with the dream world ability. It does learn some decent moves though. There are better pokemon with good defenses available and they're a lot faster too.

Having used a shitload of pokemon in-game (around 30 so far.... it's been a hell of a ride) I'll just post my opinions on ones that stick out. Again, these are just my opinions.

Yorterri and its evos: High tier, very useful in the beginning of the game, easy to catch, and its final evo isn't half bad. It has a pretty decent movepool too.

Zebra and its evo: mid tier. Its electric attacks are pretty powerful, but it's just too frail. Its evolution isn't half bad, but I would recommend the spider over him if you want an electric type.

Geodude 2: High tier. Bulky and hits hard. Gets rock blast at level 10 iirc and is a very useful normal resist. It's kind of disappointing you have to trade to get his final evo, but you don't really need it.

Leperadesu
: Low tier. Big disappointment. Frail, and lacks any powerful moves until the higher levels. It will just hold your team back.

Rankurusu: Low Tier. Takes too long to evolve and until then, its just a deadweight on your team.

Mamepato and its evos: Low Tier. Nothing spectacular, certainly not staraptor tier in-game bird.

Pantslizard: Mid tier. Its decently powerful, learning very strong moves like Hi-Jump kick and being a fighting type immune to psychic is always good. The only down side is that it evolves at level 39, so most of the game you're going to be using its first stage, which isn't bad, but is probably inferior to Nageki...

Nageki: High Tier. Seriously, I love this guy. Try him out.

Crocodark: Mid tier
. Not much to say, he's not the greatest thing ever, but he's not bad at all.

Candelier: Low Tier
. How can something with such high attack power be low tier? Well its just the fact that you can't access his power till so late in the game. Until then you're stuck with the shitty candle. Not even worth picking up for the ice gym.

Grass Deer: Mid-Low Tier. The only times I ever seriously used it was for jump kicking team galactics shit. Every other situation I had a better pokemon for.

Basurao: High Tier. Get the end-game traded one. Its surprisingly fucking awesome. Bulky, strong, and fast, and gets boosted exp thanks to the in-game trade.

Gear and its evo: High Tier. Another one that surprised me, gear is excellent in-game. Its gear grind attack is basically a 150 base power move (50 base power steel that hits twice), and just having a steel type available in-game is always a plus. Yeah, its another late bloomer as far as evolving goes, but it still manages to fuck shit up.

I saw the tier list and had these things to say re. tier ordering:

• Darumakka should be above both Meguroko and Doryuuzu. You get it around the same time as Meguroko, except Darumakka hits a hell of a lot harder, especially when it gets Flare Blitz. I've already argued its flaws, but I still think its raw power and insanely powerful STAB puts it up there.
  • Meguroko is better than Doryuuzu for reasons I've touched upon. I'd also like to add that Doryuuzu gains EXP slowly.
  • Gear should be raised a bit. Not much, but I think it's definitely better than Monmen. It has a shallow-as-hell movepool, but Gear Change gives it some decent offence and it has the resistances that come with the Steel-typing.

Explain this event to me real fast. I'm thinking that Victini can be tiered like the trade-evolve mons.
When you get to Hiun City, you go to the far dock and take a boat to an island. You face 4 or 5 Plasma grunts then can capture Victini @ lv 15. I used it from 3rd Gym onwards, so it should definately be included. (It has access to 2 STAB moves in Confusion and Complete Burn, along with Quick Attack for Priority as soon as you catch it)

It learns Nitro Charge fairly early after that, which is great, but...

It gets no good STAB Psychic moves. The best is Zen Headbutt, but that's learned at lv 49. It has a ton of Fire typed options to pick from as it levels up (Purgatory, Flare Blitz etc), but you pretty much need TM's to fill its other slots, otherwise it's outclassed attacking wise.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When you get to Hiun City, you go to the far dock and take a boat to an island. You face 4 or 5 Plasma grunts then can capture Victini @ lv 15. I used it from 3rd Gym onwards, so it should definately be included. (It has access to 2 STAB moves in Confusion and Complete Burn, along with Quick Attack for Priority as soon as you catch it)

It learns Nitro Charge fairly early after that, which is great, but...

It gets no good STAB Psychic moves. The best is Zen Headbutt, but that's learned at lv 49. It has a ton of Fire typed options to pick from as it levels up (Purgatory, Flare Blitz etc), but you pretty much need TM's to fill its other slots, otherwise it's outclassed attacking wise.
So it's a WiFi event right? That's what I need to know more than anything, to be honest, though this helps a lot.

Opinion from someone who hasn't played the games yet: shouldn't Chillarmy ('s evo) be a bit higher on that list? Well... while its basic form doesn't really have many tools to play with, you could evolve it after it learns Sweep Slap (or Wake-Up Slap) and teach it Bullet Seed and Rock Blast as soon as possible - and you're looking at a chinchilla capable of using three 185 BP moves (one of which it gets STAB on) 12.5% of the time. Even though its stats make it just a fluffier Ambipom.

...I guess.

Opinion from someone who hasn't played the games yet: shouldn't Chillarmy ('s evo) be a bit higher on that list? Well... while its basic form doesn't really have many tools to play with, you could evolve it after it learns Sweep Slap (or Wake-Up Slap) and teach it Bullet Seed and Rock Blast as soon as possible - and you're looking at a chinchilla capable of using three 185 BP moves (one of which it gets STAB on) 12.5% of the time. Even though its stats make it just a fluffier Ambipom.

...I guess.
You make a good point, I never noticed it got Technician. The only thing I'm wary of is the 12.5%. Normal / Grass / Rock doesn't set the world alight with its type coverage. But what I do like is its experience growth. (800,000 to level 100 makes it an easy to raise and powerful option, and base 115 speed is very nice)

Also, just putting this out there, but Jaroda should be top tier IMO, if only for the E4. Mine was level 53 or so during the E4 (lower than their levels) but it has decent bulk and resisted alot, so I was able to stall and abuse Coil. Basically, Jaroda swept 3/4 E4 in this way.

Also, just putting this out there, but Jaroda should be top tier IMO, if only for the E4. Mine was level 53 or so during the E4 (lower than their levels) but it has decent bulk and resisted alot, so I was able to stall and abuse Coil. Basically, Jaroda swept 3/4 E4 in this way.
A Pokemon is placed on how well it can do the entire ingame. The E4 is only a small portion of the game and for the rest of the time, Jaroda is inferior.

After two play-through here are my thoughts on the guys I've used:

Tsutarja: I found good old smugleaf really useful early, but he had some problems keeping up later. Mid-High tier

Mijumaru: Wotter fared better than Smugleaf. He gets some really useful moves and has great all around stats. High tier

Minezumi: Get some good moves early, but still a derp. Mid-Low tier

Yorterrie: I didn't use him a whole lot, but he certainly seemed to hold his own. Fighting his evos late game was definitely not easy exp. Mid-High tier

Choroneko: Possibly the worst pokemon I've ever used. The only thing it could do was die. Raised it two levels and then boxed it. Completely outclassed by the doggie. Ass tier

Munna: Really good once it gets psybeam and usable through the entire game. High tier

Mamepato: NO physical flying attacks and only quick attack for normal STAB, still he did come in handy even stuck with only special attacks. And he's pretty quick with decent physical bulk. Mid tier

Shimama: This thing died ALOT. It also grew very slowly and was stuck with charge(?) until I made it to victory road. I stuck with it for the whole game, but won't do so again. Low tier

Mogurew: This guy was awesome. Great learnpool and great stats. Quick and able to take a hit with fantastic typing. Top tier

Otamaro: Until he evolved he was a little troublesome to raise and needs some TMs to reach his full potential. Still, I found myself relying on him more and more in the late game. Water/Ground is fantastic typing. Mid-High tier

Fushide: Surprisingly useful. Fast and bulky with good bug moves. He grows pretty quick. His STABs aren't the best, but he held his own. Mid-High Tier

Churine: Sleep powder and leech seed early on with butterfly dance via heart scale. She only had grass moves, but was able to sweep entire teams via status and set-up moves. High tier

Desumasu: Was hard to raise early, but once he evolves he can really be an asset. Good movepool and decent special attack. I'd definitely use him again. Mid-High tier

Aaken: Awesome until he gets below half health. No good rock moves for awhile either and can't learn fly until it evolves which was a little annoying. Mid tier

Gobitto: I was really disappointed in Golembot. I had to use a heart scale just to get its only physical ghost move and had to TM to get a ground move. Slow and not bulky enough to make up for it, plus he dosen't get all of the fun status moves the other ghost do. Low Tier

Monozu: Extremely hard to raise, won't fully evolve until after the E4, and hustle makes it unreliable. Still great learnpool if you have the patience for it. Mid-Low tier

A Pokemon is placed on how well it can do the entire ingame. The E4 is only a small portion of the game and for the rest of the time, Jaroda is inferior.
I wouldn't go so far as calling it 'inferior'. It gets good STAB options on both the Physical and Special sides early on, a decent boosting move in Coil and better bulk than either of the other two starters. Plus it has access to recovery in Leech Seed (which now has +1 priority iirc), and Grass has some useful resists to Gym leader typings such as Electric and Ground.

In the scheme of things, there are other Fire and Water types that are very good options in-game which are accessable early on, but not many Grass types.

I disagree with several things:

#1:

Everyone I've seen on this thread is giving this thing praise, as it utterly destroys In-Game with 3 moves. The fourth can be Fly, or Reflect, or anything you want it to be, frankly. No-one's aid anything bad, unlike, say, Wotter, being underwhelming to some.

Top Teir, needs a bump-up

#2:

No. This thing is not High Teir. It's utterly useless until it hits Lv 36, and learns Coil, to make up for lasklustre defense and hitting power. A starter should not have to set up to hurt things. A starter shouldn't be totally outclassed from about Lv 15 -> 36. Even then, I've only seen praise for Smuglord at the E4.

Low/Mid Teir

#3:

Remember I said Sumgleaf was outclassed from about Lv 15. This is why. Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Growth are good to start with, outclassing Smugleaf. Evolve it at Lv 26, after learning Giga Drain. Get Butterly Dance over Growth at Lv 28. Destroy In-Game. It's like Coil, but with Sleep Powder support. Oh, and did I mention the Base 110 Sp.Attack? Base 90 Speed isn't bad either, with Butterfly Dance. Did I mention you can get it after just the 2nd badge?

Oh, and mono-grass isn't bad, when you're setting up in their face. Then there's a certain TM... Dream Eater...

Needs to be higher than Sumgleaf. Probobly Upper-Mid.

Bottom Teir. No-one has given this thing any love. It's horrendous.

#5:

Again, everyone loves Elecaspider. Compoundeyes Thunder? Yes please.

Upper-Mid at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)