International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a nice match with TYLER from Canada, Ontario. The battle was pretty even, but when it was apparent that I would win, he forfeited the match instead of disconnecting. That's a good sportsmanship right there.

I wonder how he got to 1740~ with a Shell Bell Conkeldurr though.

Making a post to declare that, hurray, I've hit 100 battles! And 36 actual finished ones! That's a very impressive rate of around 1/3 that didn't disconnect. Add in the 11 victories my opponents have taken from me and assume they would have disconnected if I'd gained the upper hand, then that's 1/4 on the dot that didn't disconnect! 25 wonderful souls who actually know how to deal with a loss. Hurraaay, statistics!

Seriously though, I love each of you folks who stick around regardless of outcome.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Just had a nice match with TYLER from Canada, Ontario. The battle was pretty even, but when it was apparent that I would win, he forfeited the match instead of disconnecting. That's a good sportsmanship right there.

I wonder how he got to 1740~ with a Shell Bell Conkeldurr though.
WHoa man dont go revealing strategies and wht not

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just battled someone called Rodrigo from Brazil and I have never seen so much "hax" go someone's way (in his favour) it was just ridiculous... so much so, he even disconnected as the results were going, which was quite nice I suppose.
My guess is he's Volteon.

I now have almost 6 battle videos that will be ready to upload to youtube including my match with lol95 as I will try to include better background music provided it works this time.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Finally managed to crack 1900 after two narrow victories against a 1775 and 1795 player.

First battle I had some parahax against me, but I managed to outplay him and turn it around. The second battle I got a clutch freeze hax on my opponent when going for a despiration Blizzard. He was frozen solid for only one turn, but it was enough for me to win.

I'm so close to 1800, but Shiro* decided to DC on me after a clear 3:0 :D
I would have like 60 completed battles, but I only have 33 by now cause of the DCs :(

Awesome news EE. I've been trying to get above 1850 today but no luck, D/Cs aside people have been getting a lot of hax against me today. I am starting to have fun though, rage quits seem to be less often now (fingers crossed) and I'm having to really think hard in order to win battles.

Cybertron i'm so sorry. I cd'c you when it was almost finished (2-0 for you i think) My father truned off my router :S (i'm playing a lot so he ies angree xD) y know you will not trust me xD but it's true

Cybertron i'm so sorry. I cd'c you when it was almost finished (2-0 for you i think) My father truned off my router :S (i'm playing a lot so he ies angree xD) y know you will not trust me xD but it's true
Wow! Where have I heard that one before? :evan:

Welp, I'm back again, didn't start working straight away like I thought I would, although I AM employed (yay.) Anyway, time for some more matches! Maybe I can push my way through the DC's and hit 1700 at some point today.

Too bad about that fastest disconnection time competition thread being shut down. I would've enjoyed turning mild frustration into something, you know, more fun.
Gratz on the job, now you can rack some points and hopefully not encounter d.cers.
So far everyone I fought d.ced on me, all of them high 1600+ and even 1500s.
Atleast I know what it will be like to be at a vgc.

Gratz on the job, now you can rack some points and hopefully not encounter d.cers.
So far everyone I fought d.ced on me, all of them high 1600+ and even 1500s.
Atleast I know what it will be like to be at a vgc.
Thanks!
Haha, and so far 10 DCers in a row, all ranging between 1411 and 1900. I haven't finished a fight yet, though I've won them all relatively easily with Amoonguss being the only thing to go down most of the time. Heh.

Unfortunately, while you know what it was like at the VGC2011, the metagame changes between each, depending on the allowed Pokemon. 2012 is gonna have pretty much everything released thus far, excluding certain Legends, of course. That's gonna be completely different from this.

I just wish I would have played smarter in my first actual VGC match in Atlanta. I feel like I could've won it if I'd gone straight for the TR, rather than trying to stupidly counter what I thought would come out, instead of focusing on team synergy. Ah well~

Matty, 2nd place in worlds 2011 has just ragequited on me, so then i've ragequited against someone called HD with 1800+ rating that has flinched me 4 times in a row. Sorry if any of you are HD, but i was so pissed. I admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)