Is every nature viable for atleast one pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking, and with all of the natures we have in the game, is every single one (excluding the duplicate neutral ones) suitable for atleast one pokemon competetively?

Lonely (+Att, -Def) Electivire, Infernape, other mixed sweepers
Brave (+Att, -Spd) ..?
Adamant (+Att, -SpA) Basically every CBer..
Naughty (+Att, -SpD) Infernape, other mixed sweepers with low SpD

Bold (+Def, -Att) Very popular nature here.. basically on every single wall in the game that exclusively uses special attacks.
Relaxed (+Def, -Spd) Bronzong, MixPert
Impish (+Def, -SpA) Basically on every single wall that exclusively uses physical attacks.
Lax (+Def, -SpD) This one, I'm not so sure of. It is a terrible nature. The only pokemon I can see pulling this off is Tangrowth, who would probably prefer Relaxed if he really wants a mixed set.

Timid (+Spd, -Att) Fast special sweepers such as Azelf, Alakazam, Gengar, etc.
Hasty (+Spd, -Def) Infernape? Lucario?
Jolly (+Spd, -SpA) Fast physical sweepers such as Staraptor and Weavile.
Naive (+Spd, -SpD) Magnezone perhaps?

Modest (+SpA, -Att) Good for specs pokemon such as Salamence, and also special sweepers that don't have a very important speed stat, such as Porygon Z.
Mild (+SpA, -Def) This nature seems to be good for Choice Scarf Azelf, although Rash would probably be better for that.
Quiet (+SpA, -Spd) Tyraniboah is something that comes to mind, but that's all I can think of.
Rash (+SpA, -SpD) Good for mixed Life Orb sets that focus on Special Attacks.

Calm (+SpD, -Att) Cresselia sometimes, Empoleon
Gentle (+SpD, -Def) Cannot think of a single pokemon that can pull this off. This, like Lax, is a horrible nature.
Sassy (+SpD, -Spd) ?
Careful (+SpD, -SpA) Cradily

And then we have the neutral natures.. which I can not think of a single pokemon that doesn't have a better nature to choose.

Your thoughts, additions?

I'm also curious as to why +Def natures are almost always chosen over +SpD natures. Basically every wall in the game, including special walls, have +Def natures. Why is that? Is the threat the physical side of the metagame poses higher than that of the special side of it?

I think mainly due to the fact Blissey can wall anything special.

I suppose something like Glalie could work with a lot of natures.

Well basically, all -spd nature could be helpful on a Trick Room team. After it depends if you have physical or special sweeper, wall, mixed, etc...

Brave-Swampert, Snorlax, Rampardos,Hariyama, Dusknoir

Lack speed does not really hurt them that much.

I need help finding a good poke for modest even if its uu or whatever. I have an awsome mild ditto in my sig but i cant think of anything to breed with it.

Brave, as said before is best used on Trick Room Sweepers.

Sassy and Careful both work for Snorlax, as he needs all the SpD that he can get, but doesnt mind losing speed or Special Attack. If you run Fire Blast, Sassy is the choice.

The +/- Def/SpD natures are more or less useless (Lax/Gentile). Almost always, anything that needs a + (s)def Nature is only going to use one attack Stat, so the corresponding nature is always better. There are not a lot of mixed sweeper walls). I suppose a Defensive Lucario (Lax) with both Physical and Special Attacks could make some use of that, but outside of that, there is not much room for these poor natures.

Fine will put it this way,You get Brave Dusknoir,Rampardos you can still do something with them you get a Modest Rampardos or Mild Dusknoir you are screwed

I haven't seen a use for gentle, and hardy, docile, serious, quirky, and bashful are completely useless and should never be used.

Mistranslations. They were already there in ADV and Serebii didn't recognize them while playing D/P. I don't know what they really were.

Gentle, lax, and neutrals are the only "useless" natures. Sassy is mainly for mixed things like lax that don't care about the speed drop, as is brave. Also, naive is used for things like mixed gar/infernape.

Gentle and Lax... what about a power-trick pokemon? I don't think anyone made a good power-trick pokemon yet, but thats the only time I think it would be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)