Issue with Saving Shoddy

Ok, so, I recently preformed a software update on my Mac OS X and all of a sudden, my shoddy wouldn't open.
So I deleted it.
And when I tried to redownload it, it would open and I could go on servers, but it would not save in my hard drive..
Suggestions?

Did you select the Save option when downloading (as opposed to Open or Run or whatever the name Safari uses is)?

@D-Rat can you specify the question a little more? When you try to save a file, where does it go, or what opens? When downloading Open/Save should not make a difference.

@Jumpluff - It shouldn't make a difference between Save/Open. When you "open" a file, it saves it in your temp directory so it's still on your harddrive and opens it. It deletes it when it is done with the file, whereas save, you keep the file when done.

Well, when I try to download off the site, there is a little boox icon and beside the box is says "download".
So, I press download. and the program opens. but it doesn't save on my hard drive.

Is that a little clearer?
I can try to add some more info if you guys want :)
Thanks for your help ~~

@Jumpluff - It shouldn't make a difference between Save/Open. When you "open" a file, it saves it in your temp directory so it's still on your harddrive and opens it. It deletes it when it is done with the file, whereas save, you keep the file when done.
Yes, I know -- if he's having problem saving it, the fact it's saving but in the temporary directory, then deleting afterwards, could be the issue.

D-Rat, what browser are you using? Safari? Which version?

ETA: Alright, since you are using OS X, I will assume you are using Safari; correct me if I'm wrong. If no prompt is appearing when you click Download on other sites, open Safari Preferences (I think it's in the Safari menu heading), go to General, make sure a location is set for your Downloads folder, etc. If it seems unique to Shoddy Battle's site, let us know.

Ok, so I made sure it was set to "downloads"
and I tried re downloading shoddy, but it seems to download into my "temporary" folder
weird..

I moved the shoddy file to my hard drive and it seeming to stay there, but the file is called shoddybattle.jnlp

whats that extension for?

.jnlp is the Shoddy Battle launcher. (Stands for Java Network Launching Protocol.) To launch Shoddy, run that file or create a shortcut that links to it and use that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)