It's a revolving door of Pokemon!

So, I was working on a team that used traps to penalize an opponent, and U-turn/Volt Switch to keep the heat on and try and force switches as frequently as possible. It wasn't working with the traps (though I'd LOVE to find a way to fit 'em back in), so I kept part-B, as it was working well; here goes...

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly, Regenerator
252Atk/252Spe/6HP
- Fake Out
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge
- Hi-Jump Kick

My dedicated lead. Works well for the most part, though it tends to fail against Aipom and has a 50/50 chance against other Mienshao. Stone Edge is for Fighting/Rock coverage, and OHKOs Gengar; a common switch-in for people trying to make me recoil myself to death.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Hasty, Levitate
252Atk/4SpA/252Spe
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Walled by Skarmory, but who cares? I noticed Hydreigon had decent mixed-sweeping stats, similar to TTar's, so I'm giving this a try...and sofar it's working out quite well for me. Draco Meteor is strong enough without an investment, and it means I don't have to switch out after I use it. I'm also playing with the idea of Life Orb, Dragon Pulse, and Flamethrower...but I don't need the fire move...that and Work Up...

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Timid, Lightningrod
252Spe/252SpA/6HP
- Flamethrower
- Thunder/Volt Switch
- HP Grass
- Switcheroo

Manectric? in OU? This thing is a beast, and most frequently, my MPV as well. This thing is my all-purpose counter to all sorts of things. People forget its access to Flamethrower and leave out Ferroseed and Scizor all the time, and switcheroo seems to catch all sorts of people off guard...I even stole an Air Balloon form an Excadrill switch-in. HP grass is for Gastrodon and Quagsire..assuming they didn't get my specs.

I'm still indecisive about Thunder VS Volt Switch, though. Thunder is beautiful in rain (and psuedo-STAB in Flamethrower is nice for when sun is out), but Volt Switch has such great utility...I'm constantly switching between these two moves, trying to find my favourite...

Staraptor @ Life Orb
Adamant, Intimidate
- U-Turn
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird

Generic beatstick. Not much to say here. He's primarily in here for U-Turn access, and Intimidate...I'm toying with adding Roost into the moveset over Double-Edge, though. He mostly comes in to Intimidate a threat, KO the occasional Scrafty, and be fodder for an easy switch mid-late game.

Deoxys-S @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Pressure
252SpA/204HP/52Spe
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Absolutely amazing...this thing gets taunted ALL the time. I went full-special because Psyshock lets me psuedo-mixed sweep...Focus Blast trumps Superpower, though...I don't want to NEED to switch. EVs let me outspeed jolly Excadrill in sand and OHKO with Focus Blast (luck permitting). Thunder over here makes the transition

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
Calm, Sturdy
252HP/152Def/104SpD
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

The newcomer, and worth his weight in gold. Spin helps my Staraptor stay around longer, and the lack of Gyro Ball (and, thus, a Spe- nature) gives me an edge against Ferrothorn and Bronzong. Light Screen also helps with my ailing SpD weakness (read Ice Beam, Psychic, and other moves that are usually specially oriented).

Retired:

Whimsicott @ leftovers
Impish, Prankster
252HP/252Def/6Spe
- Encore
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- U-Turn

The black sheep of my team...literally...it's here SOLELY to stop Gorebyss, who sweeps my team without a second thought...or whomever she baton passes to, who then sweeps my team.

...seriously; that's about all this thing is meant to do...

With her gone, I need a new way to get past Shell Smash...

The team works well ehough, for the most part. I get my fair share of wins and losses, but what REALLY gets me is Shell Smash. Every time. Literally.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I've been working on a team similar team and I'll say one thing. You NEED a rapid spin and entry hazards. With all the switching entry hazards will wreck you quickly. I recommend forretress (which has volt switch)

Forry does sound completely awesome, but the only place I could see him going is over Whimsicott, which leaves me completely helpless against Shell Smash. Any suggestions thusly? I NEED to be able to get past Gorebyss...

Just a fyi, I use a smashpass team and the sheep doesn't scare me at all. If I see sent out on my Byss I ALWAYS Ice Beam it. Then I SmashPass when its dead. If you want 2 good pokes that kill smash, use a ParaShuffle D-Night or a Skarmory with Whirlwind.

Those things screw me over a lot.

lol manectric. try a NP thundurus over it.

On scarf Deo, use thuderbolt over thunder, cos rain isnt always up. also, use psycho boost over psyshock

what kind of set is that on hydreigon? if ur gonna go mixed, go salamence. if u dont want to, use a specs set, it fits with this team.

on staraptor, use reckless. it's the only reason to use it in OU. I use an agility set on it, same as yours but without u-turn, with Lefties. definently test it, it's a good lategame cleaner.

use lefties over rocky helmet on forry, for obvious reasons. gl

I'm actually not looking to replace Manectric; it works very well for what it does. Access to a fire move and Switcheroo means more to my team than a little extra speed, and more SpA. Besides; Lightningrod.

I'm actually quite fond of Psyshock because it lets me TECHNICALLY mixed sweep without any real investment. If I was going to go with Psycho Boost, I'd likely scrap Focus Blast for Superpower, since I'm gonna be switching out more often with Deoxys that way anyways; I'll give it a shot.

That Hydreigon is a mixed set I'm working in. His mixed sweeping stats are comparable to TTar's, and this set works fairly well for me sofar...though I'm pondering changing the moves up a little. I'm not swapping him out for Mence, though; Mence isn't part dark (thus, resisting psychic moves coming at my Mienshao), he's even MORE weak to Ice, and he makes spinning more integral. In a nutshell; if Mence went on, Staraptor would likely come off...and Starry fits the team too well.

Speaking of Staraptor...I'll give Reckless a shot; should I switch over to Jolly for that, then, or is Adamant fine still?

And Rocky Helm is there for use with Light Screen on Forry. Unfortunately, 4-move syndrome says I can't toss Pain Split on...a damned shame, too...I'll give elfties a (tentative) try, though.

I can see you have done an excellent job of covering common weaknesses, congratulations on your part. If you replace Whimsicott, use a Pokemon without a weakness to ice, or Gengar HP(Ice) can sweep half your team. As for shell shash, I have trouble with it too. If you do notice a shell smash potential user, try to save Deoxys until he comes out. Thats all I think that could help you out.
Good Luck, Dragone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)