It's Time for Trick... Room ;)

I'm using that team in UU and it doesn't dissapoint me. I like it, but I guess it can be improved a bit. Anyway, I would like to present my team. I appreciate any help. Anyway, that's the team:

Uxie @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
~ Trick Room
~ U-Turn
~ Stealth Rock
~ Psychic

It's pretty standard lead. It sets up Trick Room and Stealth Rock. U-Turn for fast switch to not waste precious Trick Room rounds. Psychic for reliable STAB, but I guess I'm ready to replace it. Maybe Taunt won't be a bad idea ? Yawn isn't bad option also. I'm not sure about this one. Anyway, standard.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers

Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpD / 152 SpA
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
~ Trick Room
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Recover

You may be surprised by Download - yes, it's quite situational, but it works for me. Porygon2 in my second Trick Room user and bulky sweeper in one. It saved me many times when situations were really tight. Anyway, after Download boost it 2OHKo many, many opponents pokemon. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for famous BoltBeam combination. I invested in Special Defence, because Uxie takes strong physical hit if neccesary.

Claydol @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
~ Trick Room
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Explosion

Standard Trick Room Claydol. It works, but I'm thinking about Solrock in that spot, just for Staraptor. In most situations I'm just activating Trick Room and after that this guy ends his life with a BOOM. Earthquake/Stone Edge together has really good coverage. I like this guy alot anyway. If I need to replace this guy, only for pokemon which has access to Explosion and Trick Room. I just love too much idea with Exploding in Trick Room. It comes in late game, sets up Trick Room, explodes and after that one of my sweepers ends the job.

Machoke @ Life Orb

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch
~ Payback

First sweeper. My best answer against Hail teams and especially that fat Stallrein, which is hard as hell to kill. That guy kills it in one shot with SR up. Also that Confusion helps here alot. But I'm seriously thinking about Guts to use Toxic Spikes as a free boost. Earthquake is for Nidoqueen and Nidoking, ThunderPunch deals with flyers and PayBack hits those Psychic types and Froslass on switch hard enough. To be honest I started testing this guy - previously I had here Golem, which was one of my Explosion users, which worked more then well enough. But Hail was too annoying for me. But it's always cool to use NFE pokemon ;).

Cacturne @ Life Orb

Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Atk
~ SuperPower
~ Dark Pulse
~ Energy Ball
~ Destiny Bond

It's my second sweeper. This guy OHKO or 2OHKO all UU metagame with Toxicroak being the only exception. This guy is my mixed sweeper and he does his job more then well enough. With those attacking EVs SuperPower OHKOes Tauros with Intimidiate factored in. It also rapes Chansey and Houndoom which thinks that they resist my attacking moves. Dark Pulse and Energy Ball together is really deadly STAB and not many pokemon switches on this guy safely. Destiny Bond is my last resort move when I'm ready to sacrifice Cacturne or something troubles me. Anyway, it helps my team alot and most people expect Cacturne being physical.

Camerupt @ Life Orb

Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Atk
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ HP Grass
~ Explosion

My last sweeper and star of my team. Camerupt is such a beast under Trick Room and many teams are especially weak against it. This guy hits as hard as Cacturne, if not harder with stronger STAB combination then Cacturne. Those HP EVs gives me enough bulk to survive one super-effective hit from Raikou after Calm Mind not named HP Water and I easily OHKO it back with Earth Power. Also those Attacking EVs guarantee, that something will die with me, when I don't need Camerupt anymore. Anyway, this guy hits hard, really hard and it's not even funny to try switching on this guy. Milotic takes 42-45% from Earth Power, so it's not safe when SR is up. If I hit it with HP Grass or Earth Power on switch, it's 2OHkoed.

Anyway, here's my team. You may be surprised with no Ursaring or Marowak, stars of most Trick Room teams. I used that team in old UU and I rebuilt it a bit to fit it more in new UU. I like using uncommon pokemon and this team shows it and still they work. Also that team is more unpredictible then standard TR teams, which helps in sweeping alot. I hope you'll like that team. Cheers.

Man, those card images are way to huge! It's hard to really get the RMT, with them, probably standard Smogon / PE2K sprites would be nicer next time. I like to use the icons myself, but that's just me ^_^

First off, I don't think that Uxie actually learns Taunt, I may be wrong but the Smogon page doesn't seem to indicate that it can learn it, so it's probably a no go. Even if it did, I wouldn't replace Psychic, Psychic is a great move for those Crobat who get clever and try to Taunt you first up. You don't fear U-Turn, so you are pretty much free to Psychic or Stealth Rock first up as many will be scared of Psychic and U-Turn out anyway. You pretty much have a free choice there, those situations are generally 50/50, but Psychic is the supirior choice generally, as you are sure to get it off. I would simply keep Uxie the same, although Yawn + Trick Room is a nice combo, I don't really see where on the moveset you would fit it.

Have you considered Life Orb on Porygon2, it's a little unconventional but will help you to hit harder and grab what might be some ever so crucial KOes. You do also have recover so it's not like you can get the health back. It's a bit unconventional, but might work. I just get a bit iffy when people have weak attackers on Trick Room teams, whether they are setting up Trick Room or not it just seems like a waste of precious turns. I really like the idea of Guts on Machoke, I think it might really help it sweep. You really can bolster it's attack and it's defence and really rip through teams, Give it Flame Orb instead, ad I believe that it can learn Close Combat, so give it that over DynamicPunch, and you should be set =)

As sets, Camerupt / Cacturne also look cool. I worry a little about the amount of power they carry with them, but if you are confident that they are doing well then I am happy to believe you. In short, I do like this team, but I am a little unsure as to it's strengths / weaknesses, I can't see any obvious threads, but that's probably because I'm a little tired. Are there any specific Pokemon that you have been having problems with? Post back here if there is and I will try to give you a more concise in-depth rate then!

Man, those card images are way to huge! It's hard to really get the RMT, with them, probably standard Smogon / PE2K sprites would be nicer next time. I like to use the icons myself, but that's just me ^_^
Personal preference ;). I'm always using those cards in my RMT threads. Anyway, I like them, but I may looks for smaller ones ;).

First off, I don't think that Uxie actually learns Taunt, I may be wrong but the Smogon page doesn't seem to indicate that it can learn it, so it's probably a no go. Even if it did, I wouldn't replace Psychic, Psychic is a great move for those Crobat who get clever and try to Taunt you first up. You don't fear U-Turn, so you are pretty much free to Psychic or Stealth Rock first up as many will be scared of Psychic and U-Turn out anyway. You pretty much have a free choice there, those situations are generally 50/50, but Psychic is the supirior choice generally, as you are sure to get it off. I would simply keep Uxie the same, although Yawn + Trick Room is a nice combo, I don't really see where on the moveset you would fit it.
Hmmm I thought it learns... anyway I don't think it's good choice after all, especially when most UU leads are faster then me, making Taunt useless in many situations. Yeah, Psychic is my best bet against Crobat and I think I'll stay with my set.

Have you considered Life Orb on Porygon2, it's a little unconventional but will help you to hit harder and grab what might be some ever so crucial KOes. You do also have recover so it's not like you can get the health back. It's a bit unconventional, but might work. I just get a bit iffy when people have weak attackers on Trick Room teams, whether they are setting up Trick Room or not it just seems like a waste of precious turns. I really like the idea of Guts on Machoke, I think it might really help it sweep. You really can bolster it's attack and it's defence and really rip through teams, Give it Flame Orb instead, ad I believe that it can learn Close Combat, so give it that over DynamicPunch, and you should be set =)
Hmmm... interesting idea with Life Orb on Porygon2. I think I'll try it - it's bulky enough anyway to handle one hit or two if neccesary. About Guts - 80% attacking boost sounds beastly, but with priorities running around Machoke would have hard time after one use of Close Combat. Also it would made Ambipom quite annoying, as I switch with Machoke on it quite comfortable. Also that confusion saved me a few times. I'm not sure, both No Guard and Guts are both good choices. I need to think about this seriously, but I'll try that Guts option. And yeah, it learns Close Combat, I checked it.

As sets, Camerupt / Cacturne also look cool. I worry a little about the amount of power they carry with them, but if you are confident that they are doing well then I am happy to believe you. In short, I do like this team, but I am a little unsure as to it's strengths / weaknesses, I can't see any obvious threads, but that's probably because I'm a little tired. Are there any specific Pokemon that you have been having problems with? Post back here if there is and I will try to give you a more concise in-depth rate then!
To show it's power, that Camerupt 2OHKo offensive Azumarill with... Fire Blast if SR is on the field. I need a bit prediction on beginning of the matches, but if I get one kill or two, I can start with Explosion rampage, which eats any stall for breakfast. Cacturne also deals 60% with Energy Ball on Max HP/Max SpD Steelix, so it deals quite a punch. And if I see something really bulky, I can just explode or D-Bond that target. I trust these guys enough ;).

About main problems... when I had Golem in Machoke spot, Spiritomb was 2OHKoed with SR up by Earthquake. Now to be honest I find it troublesome, especially CM versions. CB Staraptor may be troublesome, if it switches in when TR ends, but it's not often situation fortunately. Also SpecsRoserade is really troublesome, especially when Cacturne is dead. But Uxie and Porygon2 survive a hit, so I can handle it if neccesary. Also all-attacking Azumarill is troublesome, but most of them are Choice Banded, so I can handle them without problems. I guess that's it - I didn't found any other weaknesses on that team and they're not that horrible to start with. But I guess I need to fix that little Spiritomb weakness, which only exists against Rest/Sleep talk CM Spiritomb, but I beat them anyway with some trouble.

Thanks for your rate, it was helpfull ;).

I can see certain Pokemon can be problematic in certain situations, but I guess the majority of issues can be solved neatly by simply sacrificing one of your mons and setting up another Trick Room, such is the nature of Trick Room teams. You seem to have alluded to this in your most recent post anyway, so i think the hard attacking threats will be easily dealt with in that way, just be selective over what you choose to sacrifice. You also have plenty of Trick Roomers so it's not that you're liekly to "run out," your team is built in a nicely balanced way.

Guts on Machoke will really help you with Spiritomb, because Will-o-Wisp versions won't be able to function properly, and Calm Mind Dark Pulse versions will likely be 2HKOed without being able to do anything back to you. Machoke is definately bulky enough to take a couple of Dark Pulse / Shadow Sneak from omb and hit back, with Guts and Earthquake Spiritomb will not win that battle lol.

Apart from that you seem to have no further problems so I will stop waffling on, congratulations on a nicely built Trick Room team! If you need any help on any other help you may discover I'll be happy to continue to help.

I can see certain Pokemon can be problematic in certain situations, but I guess the majority of issues can be solved neatly by simply sacrificing one of your mons and setting up another Trick Room, such is the nature of Trick Room teams. You seem to have alluded to this in your most recent post anyway, so i think the hard attacking threats will be easily dealt with in that way, just be selective over what you choose to sacrifice. You also have plenty of Trick Roomers so it's not that you're liekly to "run out," your team is built in a nicely balanced way.
Thanks for your compliment. I had one idea with testing mixed sturdy grass type like Venusaur with Swords Dance and Leaf Storm to deal with physical walls. It would help in defensive way my team, but that Cacturne worked anyway. But I don't think it will be needed. Only if I'll find something, which rapes my team. And I didn't found anything like this yet.

Guts on Machoke will really help you with Spiritomb, because Will-o-Wisp versions won't be able to function properly, and Calm Mind Dark Pulse versions will likely be 2HKOed without being able to do anything back to you. Machoke is definately bulky enough to take a couple of Dark Pulse / Shadow Sneak from omb and hit back, with Guts and Earthquake Spiritomb will not win that battle lol.
Ok, you convinced me enough ;). I'm going to try Guts Flame Orb Machoke or Life Orber with Guts. If CC drops will be to troublesome, I may try Cross Chop is neccesary, but I don't like it's not perfect accuracy.

Apart from that you seem to have no further problems so I will stop waffling on, congratulations on a nicely built Trick Room team! If you need any help on any other help you may discover I'll be happy to continue to help.
If you see something really troublesome, you may say it ;). I found a little problem with Technitop, when it switches on my sweepers, but I always switches Claydol or Uxie on it. But if I'll find something really troublesome, I'll ask for help. And thanks for your rate and positive opinion about my team ;). And I changed pictures from cards on standard one. To somebody else - Any other ideas ?

Guts machoke is a no and I would say machoke is a complete no if it wasn't for the confusion rate and rammification free stab move.

That moveset on Machoke has horrible redundant type coverage especially since he can run a better moveset for UU.
Hariyama is by far the better option as it can run guts or thick fat

-Close Combat/CrossChop
-Payback
-Ice Punch (If EQ is used for NidoQKing why not use Ice Punch? It hits grass SE as well)
-Bullet Punch/ EQ (for Muk or Drapion)/ Move of Choice

252 Att/76 HP EVs or 204 if you want to run leftovers and then put the rest in whichever stat you want him to be bulkier in.

I cannot believe hail is that much of a problem to justify using Machoke over the significantly more powerful and bulkier Harimaya

My only input is to NOT run Guts on Machoke. Confusion can save you in so many situations, and unwelcome Defense boosts are bad.

Also, there isn't THAT much Toxic Spikes. Stealth Rock is much more common.
I am curious, why don't you run Stone Edge on Machoke? It can learn it, right? Its another way to take advantage of No Guard.

When you think about this... it's outclassed by Hariyama if you run Guts and DynamicPunch is the only thing which makes it unique. I forgot about our sumo-pokemon ;). But still I'm going to try Guts option, but with Hariyama. I still think it's not a bad idea. But thanks for that suggestion, I think it's going to help here, especially against Spiritomb.

I am curious, why don't you run Stone Edge on Machoke? It can learn it, right? Its another way to take advantage of No Guard.
I was surprised, because trust me, I wanted to use Stone Edge, as it's superior in coverage, but it isn't on the Shoddy Battle list on Machoke (maybe someone forgot to put it there ?). So that's why I put ThunderPunch as a filler. Because yes, I admit it, it's a filler. And for me Rock Slide is... meh. But I guess maybe it's not that bad option anyway.

About Toxic Spikes - maybe Toxic Spikes aren't that common, but they stil exists. And it's fun to use opponents move for your huge advantage.

And thanks for your rates guys anyway.

I replaced Machoke for Life Orb Guts Hariyama and put Life Orb on Porygon2. Any other ideas ? Hariyama works great right now.

Thought I would input on your team after you helped me with mine so much :)

Anyways, what I have noticed when playing my team, is that Stall teams are a major problem, especially when your TRers are damaged. In particular you mentioned Spiritomb, and my team is having the same problem (haven't found a solution to Spiritomb yet).

My suggestin is that you put a Leech Seeder somewhere on the team. You probably don't have the room, but it can seriously annoy the heck out of the teams that use hail (you have Hariyama so I guess you are okay if you want) What I run (sorry, I found Cacturne very fragile and had to replace her :( ) is a Venusaur with the following set.

Venusaur w/Black Sludge (useful if running item clause)
252HP, 6 Defense, 252 Special Attack (nature +SpAtt or +SpDef, -Spe)
-Leech Seed
-Energy Ball
-HP Fire
-Substitute

Yeah, it's like the Stallerin of Grasses. Except it gets rid of the grasses and waters that really bug this team (like Azumarill, which can get rid of Cacturne rather easily, even with a resisted hit). What is nice about this set is how it destroyes it's counters so well. Abomanasnow comes in expecting to blizard and gets a HP Fire to the face. Shaymin comes in on a predicted leech seed and falls to the same thing. Registeel can be seeded, and repetitively hit with HP Fire till it dies. And of course, this acts as a great switch in for waters.

Hope I helped. I'll see if I can find something for Spiritomb (if it stays in UU) for your team as well as mine.

Thought I would input on your team after you helped me with mine so much :)

Anyways, what I have noticed when playing my team, is that Stall teams are a major problem, especially when your TRers are damaged. In particular you mentioned Spiritomb, and my team is having the same problem (haven't found a solution to Spiritomb yet).

My suggestin is that you put a Leech Seeder somewhere on the team. You probably don't have the room, but it can seriously annoy the heck out of the teams that use hail (you have Hariyama so I guess you are okay if you want) What I run (sorry, I found Cacturne very fragile and had to replace her :( ) is a Venusaur with the following set.

Venusaur w/Black Sludge (useful if running item clause)
252HP, 6 Defense, 252 Special Attack (nature +SpAtt or +SpDef, -Spe)
-Leech Seed
-Energy Ball
-HP Fire
-Substitute

Yeah, it's like the Stallerin of Grasses. Except it gets rid of the grasses and waters that really bug this team (like Azumarill, which can get rid of Cacturne rather easily, even with a resisted hit). What is nice about this set is how it destroyes it's counters so well. Abomanasnow comes in expecting to blizard and gets a HP Fire to the face. Shaymin comes in on a predicted leech seed and falls to the same thing. Registeel can be seeded, and repetitively hit with HP Fire till it dies. And of course, this acts as a great switch in for waters.

Hope I helped.
I didn't have problems with heavy stall, a bit of prediction and explosions fix that quite easily. Now I can handle Spiritomb thanks to Hariyama, which deals minimum 45% to max/max Spiritomb with EQ. But yeah, it needs to sacrifice quite a bit of health to kill it. But still I don't know how to fix it, but anyway it's not that troublesome anymore.

Yeah, I thought about changing Cacturne for bulkier grass type, because I found being in deep trouble facing SubPunching Azumarill and hard hitting water types like Life Orb Milotic, against which I needed to break sub or just sacrifying something on switch and finishing it with another sweeper. But still it works fine, this guy is important member in wall breaking. But I think I'll test here bulkier grasser. But not Venusaur for one reason - it's too fast for Trick Room. 80 doesn't cut it. But there's a way - Vileplume, which is not much less bulkier then Venusaur and has 50 speed to work with under Trick Room. Maybe Swords Dancer or your Offensive Leech Seeder. Dunno, but I'll try that option. And thanks for answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)