ITT we recommend books.

I have to say my favorite book has to be Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. If you haven't read it I highly suggest it.

The Saga of Seven Suns is pretty good as far as sci-fi/fantasy goes and it's one of the few series that IMO really fits the label. It has a lot of sci-fi elements but the core of the book seems rather fanciful with liquid metal people living inside giant gemlike ships in the center of gas giants with no real explanation of their technology.

If you're also into sci-fi I HIGHLY reccomend the Dune books if you have not read them. It actually makes a decent bit of sense to go from the earliest book in the dune timeline to the latest in the dune timeline, but I read from the original to the five Frank Herbert sequal books, then the Kevin J. Anderson/Brian Herbert trilogies (One is based around the butlerian jihad, the other is based around the events leading directly to the first book. Imo the former is much more interesting) then the two finale books that went off of Herbert's old notes to finish the first storyline.

Also, if you're not afraid of being a total nerd the starwars scifi heap of death also has a lot of good books, Zahn's are fundamentals though, you MUST read the Thrawn trilogy in order to understand half of the shit that goes on in those books. If you jump right into Legacy, Swarm Wars, or New Jedi Order you will get lost really fast. Start with the Thrawn trilogy and possibly the X-Wing/Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron books because they don't require as much backstory. The only books I can recall that were absolutely abysmal in the entirety of the starwars universe are the Medstar books and The Crystal Star.

I have to say my favorite book has to be Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. If you haven't read it I highly suggest it.
Definitely seconded, Ender's Game is amazing.

Also good are Good Omens, and most other stuff by Terry Pratchett.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)