Skarmory (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird​

This thing is the best lead in pokemon right now. Set up SR and Spikes and then everything has an easy sweep. I don't lead with this in team preview (I lead with Jumpluff), but I always lead with this in game.

[pimg]453[/pimg]
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed​

This thing almost never actually sweeps an opposing team. However, it can revenge and weaken other Pokemon so that my other Pokemon have an easier time sweeping. It works in weakening generally bulky Pokemon, like Skarmory and Hippowdon. It plays pretty much the same way every game; basically Close Combat / Crunch until they send in a revenger. Usually their revenge will be a problem Pokemon (i.e. Keldeo, fast Jirachi, etc) and then you just weaken them with ESpeed so that the other Pokemon can sweep.

[pimg]466[/pimg]
Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick​

Now Weavile is used to kill off things like Starmie before it can spin. It also revenges some dragons and it can revenge things like Landorus and Venusaur in a pinch. You play it like Lucario, basically revenging shit or just using super effective moves until you get something to switch in like Keldeo or Jirachi. Either way, you get chip damage on it and then you sweep with SD Scizor.

However, Weavile by itself can sweep, especially DragMag, Sun, or teams that rely on Slowbro / Celebi / Heatran as a defensive core.

[pimg]212[/pimg]
Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

This thing is probably the best standard Pokemon that anyone can use right now. The only check for it that people use is Keldeo / Tentacruel / Jirachi / Landorus-t, which my other Pokemon deal with really well. so you can just SD late game and then sweep with bullet punch **usually**. Furthermore, you can set up on locked moves like outrage etc. It also works as a great revenger to things like Terrakion, Mamoswine, Weavile, and any frail Pokemon.

[pimg]381[/pimg]
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This thing really is a good lure. It lures in Heatrans and Jirachis and proceeds to kill them, and, if they try to then wall it with Skarmory / Forry, proceeds to kill them too. Also, you can set up Dragon Dance on locked Keldeos and other similar Pokemon and then proceed to sweep teams (because nobody has something that can outspeed Latios after +1). The good thing about this is that, if they don't know the team, then they're forced to save their TTar / Jirachi until late game, but by doing so gives me a favorable endgame as Latios will then have very few real counters left (i.e. bulky Pokemon such as Hippowdon and Skamory), giving me an easy sweep.

[pimg]189[/pimg]
Jumpluff (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Powder
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb​

If you see a bunch of annoying Pokemon on the other team then you usually can't sweep, but what you can do is get off a fast sleep then get off an acrobatics. This'll usually cripple 2 of their annoying Pokemon, which usually means that they'll lose to some of my other Pokemon.

If they don't have a bunch of annoying pokemon (i.e. sun) then you usually just wait till end game when things are slightly weakened and then you sleep something SD and then win with Acrobatics.

In terms of resistances, this brings another water resistance to the table as well as another Fighting resistance to the table, allowing it to be a shaky Keldeo check. Furthermore, it's great speed allows it to revenge weakened Pokemon like 20% Garchomp.)

Final Look:
[pimg]227[/pimg][pimg]453[/pimg][pimg]466[/pimg][pimg]212[/pimg][pimg]381[/pimg][pimg]189[/pimg]​

Lead with Skarmory.

If you're playing a rain team, then they'll almost always have Politoed, and then you can use SR on the first Scald / Surf / Hydro Pump. Then you should always use Brave Bird on the second turn because they'll switch in their Starmie / Tentacruel and you'll take out at least 50% of their health and you have a free switch-in to something that can prevent the spin.

If you're playing a sun team then you just start out using Brave Bird (because they'll either lead with Ninetales and switch to Forry / Xatu / Donph or lead with Forry / Xatu / Donph) and once you weaken their spinner you usually have weakened their only bulky mon so Jumpluff sweeps.

If you're playing a sand team then you set up hazards and brave bird if you see a spinner. If they don't have a spinner then that's probably good game.

If you're playing a weatherless team and they don't have an annoying lead (i.e. taunt mew) then you just use SR + Spikes and that's probably good game as well.

Not Offense:
Overwhelm counters until something has an easy sweep. For example, if they have a Tentacruel as their Scizor counter, then the goal of the game is to sac Lucario and Weavile to kill Tentacruel so that Scizor can have an easy sweep.

Offense:
The goal is to get an easy set up with something (and therefore a sweep) by forcing them to revenge you with a choiced mon. For example, if they have a Scarf Keldeo, then Latios sweeps easily, while if they revenge Latios with a CB Scizor then my own Scizor sweeps easily.

Lucario - Gliscor, Landorus-t, Tentacruel, Garchomp, Landorus, Gyarados
Weavile - Scizor, Jirachi, Skarmory, Water-types, ESpeed mons
Scizor - Heatran, Jellicent, Fire Punch Jirachi, Water types, Thundurus-i
Latios - Scizor, Hippowdon, Landorus-t, Skarmory
Jumpluff - Steel types

Jumpluff (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skarmory (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

shoutouts to IDM even tho you all still shit on luff

Scarf heatran looks like it could come in on any of your team members after you kill a poke and spam fire blast. You do have Latios but that would get worn down really fast. I suggest either a choice scarf terrakion which adds a scarfer to your team and can out speed at ko heatran, or you could just change the set of Latios to HP fire, dragon pulse, psyshock, and roost. Sorry for the crappy rate but I'm on my phone right now!

Oh and I meant to say you can replace lucario with scarf terrakion!

Lucario on ssbm's team is the offensive Scizor and Jirachi set, and replacing it would mean that practically any sort of Scizor would make him lose the game.

Anyways, this is a really cool team and the offensive synergy is solid, so I can't really recommend any Pokemon without making you weaker to something. The Latios set fixes really well on this team. Keep in mind that all your Pokemon are using 504 EV's, so adding an EV to each Pokemon could, in fact save you a game in that 1-HP-left type moment. I question the lack of Pursuit on Weavile; Pursuit lets you actually trap Starmie and Lati@s which is the main draw of actually using Weavile in the first place. Ice Punch is the most readily replaceable move on Weavile from past experiences, so I would definitely make that swap. I also question using Skarmory without a spinblocker.. Forretress, Donphan, and Tentacruel just seem too troublesome to your team without a spinblocker, so I would try out Azelf @ Focus Sash with 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe and moves of Stealth Rock / Taunt / Fire Blast / Psychic or Psyshock and a Timid Nature. The reasoning for this is simple: you can beat all the afforementioned spinners while Weavile allows you to trap Starmie which this set cannot hit. Azelf also lets you outspeed Jolly Dragonite, Lead Terrakion, and other troublesome boosters that can set up on you Turn 1 which your team has a problems with revenge killing due to the fact that you lack a Scarfer. Although you do lose Spikes, the ability to outspeed other leads that set up on you is too precious for your team. You're very weak to Stealth Rock, so I definitely encourage making this switch. Azelf is also cuter. You could run Thunderbolt, but you can't really beat Tentacruel without a Psychic STAB, so I recommend the latter due to the fact that you have Weavile. Lastly, try out 28 SpDef on Weavile instead of Attack to life a Life Orb Hydro Pump from Starmie if you're desperate to switch in. Besides these changes, this is easily the funnest and best team I've seen you produce. Good luck x)

p.s. why didn't you wait to post this at post 1000

p.s.s edit

I forgot to mention that you should definitely try out Ice Punch instead of Crunch on Lucario. Disposing of opposing Landorus-T is definitely wanted on your team since it is just annoying for all of your Physical sweepers. I've used one against your team previously and I eventually won with Landorus-T and Skarmory walling most of your team. Weavile and Jumpfluff own Jellicent, so being walled by it isn't that bad! Now that's all! :toast:

@ Dat Bulk Though

thx for the rate but scarf terrakion makes me 6-0d by scizor so /:
ur right about scarftran but usually i just lure it with eq or i wear it down with hazards though it is annoying!

@ princess

hi ily

i think you're right about weavile if i change lucario to ice punch, because then i won't need to rely on weavile to kill gliscor / landorus. i'm not completely sure about azelf because this team really likes spikes, but i'll def test it or maybe even aerodactyl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)