SM UU Keldo+Latias Balance

Introduction

Hi everyone, this is my first RMT on this account! I made this team a couple of weeks ago and have noticed it struggles against quite a lot of things in the meta, most notably Clefable and other Fairies.
Therefore, I decided to post it here and see if there was anything I could do to fix it^^

The Team

Keldeo

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Keldeo was the main reason I wanted to build the team in the first place. Having been a threat in ORAS and XY OU, and one of my overall favorites, I just had to try it in the new Gen, not to mention it has a great typing and can dish out a lot of damage. Hence why I chose the Specs set, simply to hit as hard as I can with my Hydros and Secret Swords.

Latias

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 136 Def / 52 SpA / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Latias was the second Pokemon I chose due to the fact its typing works so well with Keldeo's, meaning that the two can function very well together. Latias serves as a check to opposing Keldeo, Raikou, other Water types (except Sharpedo) and most Grass types. Honestly,it just checks so much in the meta at the moment that I just had to choose it, especially since Soul Dew is available for use. I chose a rather bulky set so that it could wall quite a few things while also dealing damage. It also functions as my hazard remover.

Scizor

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

As you can probably tell, the previous two are weak to Fairies, therefore I needed a resist. The first thing I saw that resisted it was Scizor and I immediately chose it, since the previous two resist its main weakness, which is Fire. I went with the bulky Roost+SD set so that it could dish out damage and also heal itself, It serves as my Fairy check and sweeper if the opportunity arises.

Krookodile

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Krookodile was my next choice, since I realized I needed a secondary Electric check (in this case, immunity) for Keldeo and Aerodactyl, as well as Togekiss. I also needed a Scarfer, so it was a win-win situation with this one. Krookodile has done quite well, due to its high Attack and decent Speed after the Scarf boost and Moxie, a truly amazing Ability for a Scarfer. Plus, it gets Knock Off, which is very useful and has somewhat of a surprise factor if people don't expect me to outspeed them.

Togekiss

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss serves as my main defensive wall and haxer. It slows down opposing Pokemon with Thunder Wave and we all know how annoying ParaFlinch gets. This thing's job is to be my second Fighting resist and a Dragon immunity, whilst annoying my opponents. It can survive for quite a long time and helps out a bunch against the likes of Latias and Krookodile, to name a few. Plus, it resists Knock Off.

Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Roost

Aerodactyl is the last member of the team and overall, I feel, the weakest link. I chose it because I needed a strong and fast sweeper, and a Taunt user. The set itself is pretty standard, with two STABs, Roost for longevity and Taunt for those pesky status users and healers.

Conclusion

Overall, I think the Pokemon that needs to go is Aerodactyl. I'd also like a way to deal with Fairies outside of Scizor, as quite a few of my team are weak to them. And perhaps a better Taunt user? A Rock setter? Post your thoughts below!

Thank you for reading, have a good day!^^

Hey my man,

cool looking team you got right there though there still are a few things that can be fixed here.

The team has a pretty offensive vibe already and honestly a few spreads on here don´t really cut it. For example there´s not really a reason to run these many defensive EVs on lati and sacrify the great speed tier, seeing as you are mostly checking the mons you want to cover with lati anyways.
So I´d start with running 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe on latias.

Next up running scarf krook is kinda off on this team and you would be better of using smth like Rocky Helmet > scarf, simply because that allows you to run Stealth Rocks>Super Power and Taunt>Stone Edge. Rocky helmet lets krook deal with spinners like forry more reliably and makes sure hazards are there to stay. On top of that it lets you chip away on mega aero. This way krook provides way more for your team in terms off utility, while still providing the resistances you initially drafted it for.
Obviously Intimidate>Moxie aswell on this krook set.

Seeing as you lost your scarfer with those changes and are lacking in speed control now, it would be a good idea to run Scarf>Specs on your keldeo. This offers you great speed control and mostly takes over the role your krook had on the old version of the team. You might wanna consider running Hp Bug> Icy wind here to hit stuff like starmie or tsareena, while still covering lati.

>>>

The next change would be to replace talonflame>togekiss.
Here me out on this one: The basic structure of your team was mostly looking like offense already, and honestly talonflame would be a great fit, offering a win condition that doesnt require too many changes. SS is an absolute nuke and tflame synergises really well with the rest of the team, as they provide reliable hazard removal and cover most of
talons weaknesses pretty well.

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Last but not least, you got absolutely no reason to run taunt maero at this point, so you should go with the AoA aero. Pursuit especially helps on this team, as it allows you to have some way of revenging latias which is otherwise somewhat problematic. Eq hits mons like bisharp or cobalion and does decent damage in general.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

That should be about it, I hope you give these changes a go and best of luck on the ladder :)

Hey my man,

cool looking team you got right there though there still are a few things that can be fixed here.

The team has a pretty offensive vibe already and honestly a few spreads on here don´t really cut it. For example there´s not really a reason to run these many defensive EVs on lati and sacrify the great speed tier, seeing as you are mostly checking the mons you want to cover with lati anyways.
So I´d start with running 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe on latias.

Next up running scarf krook is kinda off on this team and you would be better of using smth like Rocky Helmet > scarf, simply because that allows you to run Stealth Rocks>Super Power and Taunt>Stone Edge. Rocky helmet lets krook deal with spinners like forry more reliably and makes sure hazards are there to stay. On top of that it lets you chip away on mega aero. This way krook provides way more for your team in terms off utility, while still providing the resistances you initially drafted it for.
Obviously Intimidate>Moxie aswell on this krook set.

Seeing as you lost your scarfer with those changes and are lacking in speed control now, it would be a good idea to run Scarf>Specs on your keldeo. This offers you great speed control and mostly takes over the role your krook had on the old version of the team. You might wanna consider running Hp Bug> Icy wind here to hit stuff like starmie or tsareena, while still covering lati.

>>>

The next change would be to replace talonflame>togekiss.
Here me out on this one: The basic structure of your team was mostly looking like offense already, and honestly talonflame would be a great fit, offering a win condition that doesnt require too many changes. SS is an absolute nuke and tflame synergises really well with the rest of the team, as they provide reliable hazard removal and cover most of
talons weaknesses pretty well.

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Last but not least, you got absolutely no reason to run taunt maero at this point, so you should go with the AoA aero. Pursuit especially helps on this team, as it allows you to have some way of revenging latias which is otherwise somewhat problematic. Eq hits mons like bisharp or cobalion and does decent damage in general.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

That should be about it, I hope you give these changes a go and best of luck on the ladder :)
heya,
despite me being here for a while, i'm not that good at competitive and haven't been playing much so i'm probably off on this, but
wouldn't it be better to run Flame Body>Gale Wings on Talon? Talon has a great speed tier already, and if you keep Gale Wings it's just a one time priority Brave Bird, whereas Flame Body would cripple attackers such as Bisharp and M. Aero, imo.
Is there something i'm missing?

heya,
despite me being here for a while, i'm not that good at competitive and haven't been playing much so i'm probably off on this, but
wouldn't it be better to run Flame Body>Gale Wings on Talon? Talon has a great speed tier already, and if you keep Gale Wings it's just a one time priority Brave Bird, whereas Flame Body would cripple attackers such as Bisharp and M. Aero, imo.
Is there something i'm missing?
While the Gale Wings nerf did for sure hurt tflame and flame body is also an option now, priority supersonic strike and bb still give tflame reliable tools to revenge
kill or straight up nuke stuff. I see where you are coming from with your ideas and there are certainly places when Flame Body is the better alternative, Gale Wings is
still a really solid option on a lot of teams though.

While the Gale Wings nerf did for sure hurt tflame and flame body is also an option now, priority supersonic strike and bb still give tflame reliable tools to revenge
kill or straight up nuke stuff. I see where you are coming from with your ideas and there are certainly places when Flame Body is the better alternative, Gale Wings is
still a really solid option on a lot of teams though.
Ohhh, i see what you mean, tbh i didn't notice the Flyinium Z -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)