Knock Off and its usefulness in RU

Knock Off, a move rarely seen in RU and with the huge amount of eviolite pokemon and choiced pokemon it is strange it is not seen more often. Many pokemon such as Mandibuzz, Drapion, Tangrowth, Crawdaunt, Clefable, Sandslash(Waste of time), Hitmonlee, Scyther, Absol, Gallade, Uxie, Mesprit, Crustle, CoFAG, Escavalier, Accelgor, Cryogonal, and Archeops can run Knock Off.

Who can run knock off effectively?

Which Pokemon are hindered most by knock off?

Which teammates benefit from knock off?

Is Knock Off worth using in RU? If is, why? If it isn't, why not?

Knock Off is pretty useless in this tier. As MoP stated, all of the Pokemon you mentioned have a plethora of other options to use. Not to mention, a lot of the Pokemon that can learn it, such as Archeops and Accelgor, are offensive Pokemon, and risk being KO'd if they use Knock Off. The only Pokemon that would really be hurt greatly by it would be Eviolite users, the only common ones being Munchlax, which is an absolutely terrible Pokemon that should never be used anyway, and Ferroseed. The only Pokemon you mentioned that doesn't have much better options to use or doesn't get KO'd by every move in existence is Mandibuzz, who mot likely won't have room for it anyway between running Whirlwind / Roost / Toxic / Taunt. Overall, Knock Off is a pretty bad move in RU and should really never be used.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Knock Off is a terrible move, even for a filler. It really only shines in LC, where removing baby mon's Eviolite or Oran Berry would really screw them over.

Whoa there, it definitely isn't a terrible move. I don't think knocking off an opponent's choice item, eviolite, leftovers or life orb (any item, really) is ever unhelpful. However, I do agree that knock off is surprisingly hard to fit in ANY set. It's frustrating, since I always liked the idea of neutering an opposing poke by removing its item.

So who are the best users of knock off that don't mind having it in their movesets?

Knock Off is actually decent on Sandslash. It greatly helps it deal with Ghost-types, especially Misdreavus, because they will be worn down more easily. Sandslash can prevent Spiritomb from using Trick on it or recovering HP from Leftovers, and like other people said, knocking off the Eviolite from Pokemon such as Roselia is also really beneficial. Not sure why no one has mentioned Knock Off on Escavalier, I believe that's a viable option as well as Escavalier doesn't really have many other necessary options. Overall, there's nothing really special about Knock Off, it's not that useful—it was better when stall was around, I guess.

Knock off really isn't tha good anymore. I though can remember a couple rounds ago when knock off was more prominent. That's when Munchlax, Gligar, and Tangela was used. It was really useful in downgrading these Pokemon's defenses. Now since they are less seen ergo Knock is too. Though it can still get the occasional Munchlax, Roselia and Rhydon which they use effectively. It seems easier to me however to target them super effectively rather than get rid of Evoilite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)