Landorus

This is what that set can do to Pokemon in Sandstorm (assuming Sand Power is a x1.5 boost, correct me if I'm wrong).

Stone Edge vs. Standard Skarmory: 143 - 168 (42.8 - 50.3%) 88% chance to 2HKO w/ SR
Stone Edge vs. Standard Bronzong: 99 - 116 (29.3 - 34.3%) 4HKO with Leftovers
U-turn vs. Standard Bronzong: 93 - 109 (27.5 - 32.2%) 4HKO
Earthquake vs. max/max Swampert: 277 - 362 (68.6 - 89.6%) Possible OHKO with Spikes
Earthquake vs. max/max Hippowdon: 231 - 272 (55.0 - 64.8%) 2HKO
Earthquake vs. max/max Celebi/Shaymin: 129 - 152 (31.9 - 37.6%) 3HKO w/SR since Sandstorm cancels Leftovers

Here's what it does to Pokemon with +2, Jolly, LO, and max Atk in Sandstorm.

Stone Edge vs. standard Skarmory: 223 - 289 (73.4 - 86.5%) nearly a OHKO with SR
Stone Edge vs. Standard Bronzong: 170 - 338 (50.3 - 59.2%) 70% chance to 2HKO with SR assuming it comes in on the Swords Dance and has Leftovers
Earthquake vs. max/max Swampert: 479 - 564 (100%) OHKO
Earthquake vs. max/max Hippowdon: 399 - 469 (95.0 - 111.7%) 71.4% chance to OHKO

Don't deny the power of a double STAB'd Earthquake coupled with a STAB Stone Edge. I didn't do anything for Explosion since it no longer halves the opponent's Def and you don't really need it. I'll do defensive calcs after I eat.

Edit: Now that I look at it, you don't neccesarily need to run Life Orb. This is how much it will do to Swampert while it's holding a Yache Berry.

369 - 434 (91.3 - 107.4%) 47.7% chance to OHKO

So basically just use Tyranitar to get Sandstorm up and hit your counters for a bit of damage and sweep with ease.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Great insight, guys. Those damage calcs look very promising, DDRMaster. Randorosu sure is powerful...lookin' forward to seeing your defensive calcs as well. I'll add these calcs, along with the Choice Band set posted by joshe, into the OP of this thread. Thanks again!

These are all with 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe with Jolly. Randorosu should put the last EVs in Def instead of HP since it would reach 320 if it put them in HP. This means that it will switch into SR 8 times and die if it doesn't take any other damage.

Standard Bronzong Gyro Ball (132 BP): 159 - 183 (49.8 - 57.4%) 2HKO with SR or Life Orb recoil
Standard Bronzong Explosion (doesn't cut Def anymore): 195 - 229 (61.1 - 71.8%) 2HKO
Standard Swampert Ice Beam: 292 - 343 (91.5 - 107.5%) OHKO after SR or Life Orb, 2HKO with Yache Berry
max Attack, Jolly, CB Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. Yache: 218 - 256 (68.3 - 80.3%) OHKO after 2 hits of SR
Adamant does 74.6 - 88.1% so it could possibly OHKO through Yache Berry after SR

I have to go but I might do some more calcs later. Right now, it seems like this thing has no true counters and Mamoswine is one of its best checks. Definitely not the new Garchomp but it comes close.

unfortunately Explosion got nerfed so it doesnt get the defense drop, but i think i heard somewhere sandPower was a 2x boost on ground rock and steel type moves

Rock Slide can be an option over Stone Edge on the Encourage sets. It gets boosted to 98BP (as opposed to 100BP from Stone Edge) and has a 10% higher accuracy.

WOAH BEAST.This thing is just monterous 0_o and hurray for troll speed.Sadly explosion is near useless this gen so i dont think it even deserves a mention as a noteworthy move.I would probably go with something like Agility instead which could be particularly effective aginst Offensive faster and frailer teams while SD would plough through Stall.

Earth type Pokémon aren´t inmune to t-wave this gen, and paralysis reduces speed by 75% instead 50%. I only found that common errors.

I tried using Randorosu on PO to little success. It's completely owned by bulky waters with Bulk Up, and has surprisingly little power with Rock Polish. I've yet to use Swords Dance but anything fast would probably snipe it.

Earth type Pokémon aren´t inmune to t-wave this gen, and paralysis reduces speed by 75% instead 50%. I only found that common errors.
Please, stop believing every silly rumor you hear. It's been proven time and time again by people that own the game that t-wave does NOT paralyze ground types.

Very interesting. The Swords Dance set is absurdly deadly, with Encourage boosting the power of all it's moves. The mixed set is also quite promising. Base 101 speed makes a solid scarfer in the OU environment.

One look at this Pokemon and you're sold, thanks to it's wonderful offensive stats, awesome Speed, and a wide variety of powerful moves at it's disposal.

Hate the design (i mean the genies look so lazily done theyre just recolors of each other geez nintendo), love everything else

I especially love the base 101 troll speed and its access to sd and explosion

The best Randorosu I've been able to use so far:
Randoorusu @ Life Orb
Ecourage ftw. Adamant nature.
252 atk / 252 speed / 6def
~Rock Polish
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~U-Turn

Let's face it, explosion sucks. U-Turn is ana amazing move in this set, especially when paired with any bulky water (Burunkeru comes to mind). Earthquake has the raw power to OHKO shit like crazy, such as Garchomp, special Burunkeru, Daikenki, and of course, everything that's weak to it.

with all of this talk about explosion killing everything, you guys are keeping in mind that explosion does not half defense anymore right?

with all of this talk about explosion killing everything, you guys are keeping in mind that explosion does not half defense anymore right?
I'm pretty sure most aren't.
Explosion is horribly weak, imo. It can't even OHKO Quagsire. Dammit, Quagsire!

Edit: true story here. I wanted to KO a freaking Flygon, so I explosion'd. My opponent switched to Quagsire, and it took ~70% damage. I dunno what EV spread was it running, tho.

People, don't overlook Knock Down. I understand why you would since it does have a measly 50 BP, but add a Swords Dance and Sand Power boost, and it's pretty decent (basically as strong as Rock Slide). However, the ability to ground a flying Pokemon and kick it's ass with a double STAB Swords Dance Earthquake is unbelievable. In the little experience I have using it, his most common switch ins are flying types like Gligar or Skarmory who either resist or are neutral to Rock attacks. Smack them down with Knock Down and go to town. Hardly anything is safe when this thing goes on a rampage.

Here's my set:

Randorosu @Yache Berry
Jolly
HP 4 / ATK 252 / SPE 252
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Knock Down

Yache lets him take Ice Beams, Fangs and Shards with relative ease and perhaps even allow a free setup pending opponent. Substitute blocks status helps with setting up SD. Earthquake and Knock Down are for terrorizing.

People, don't overlook Knock Down. I understand why you would since it does have a measly 50 BP, but add a Swords Dance and Sand Power boost, and it's pretty decent (basically as strong as Rock Slide). However, the ability to ground a flying Pokemon and kick it's ass with a double STAB Swords Dance Earthquake is unbelievable. In the little experience I have using it, his most common switch ins are flying types like Gligar or Skarmory who either resist or are neutral to Rock attacks. Smack them down with Knock Down and go to town. Hardly anything is safe when this thing goes on a rampage.

Here's my set:

Randorosu @Yache Berry
Jolly
HP 4 / ATK 252 / SPE 252
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Knock Down

Yache lets him take Ice Beams, Fangs and Shards with relative ease and perhaps even allow a free setup pending opponent. Substitute blocks status helps with setting up SD. Earthquake and Knock Down are for terrorizing.
Ditch Substitute as this set needs the coverage. Bulky grass types (Celebi mainly) can take the repeated EQ and Knock Down does sad damage while they Leech Seed and Leaf Storm in your face.

U-Turn lets him knock them around as well as scout. Also 89/90/80 is decently bulky, you might consider adding some Hp in there out of his attack (Since he's boosting with SD anyways he doesn't really need to go max).

All in all Knock Down on the switch is a decent strategy as it (might) cripple the Rotom-A (Heat in particular) as well as Skarmory and Gengar (again assuming Knock Down also works for Levitating Pokémon). This could allow you a free turn to Swords Dance as they run to something that isn't reliant on it's EQ immunity to stop you. Then, depending on the switch in you can Attack or scout with U-Turn.

Once Encourage Randorosu is released I think this set could be beastly.

This thing was a beast when i was testing it out, able to really tear through teams that lost their primary sweeper this is the set that i used:
@ Yache berry
Jolly
4HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
~Swords Dance
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Outrage

Obviously the catch to this set is Outrage in the last slot, i don't know why i choose this in the last slot, whether i was worried about the potential of a dragon-infested metagame or whether it was just complete ignorance to the fact that he got explosion. Regardless, this move actually had positive results in my battles. I know being locked into an outrage for 2-3 turns is a total turn off for anyone and it is kind of gimmicky just to look at, but from experience in using this over explosion i found this set to be very effective. Abilities are for preference i personally used sand strength because i wanted to try and take advantage of any sandstorm teams that i thought would be aplenty.

This thing was a beast when i was testing it out, able to really tear through teams that lost their primary sweeper this is the set that i used:
@ Yache berry
Jolly
4HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
~Swords Dance
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Outrage

Obviously the catch to this set is Outrage in the last slot, i don't know why i choose this in the last slot, whether i was worried about the potential of a dragon-infested metagame or whether it was just complete ignorance to the fact that he got explosion. Regardless, this move actually had positive results in my battles. I know being locked into an outrage for 2-3 turns is a total turn off for anyone and it is kind of gimmicky just to look at, but from experience in using this over explosion i found this set to be very effective. Abilities are for preference i personally used sand strength because i wanted to try and take advantage of any sandstorm teams that i thought would be aplenty.
Outrage? What!? It's pretty obvious that this GENIE would never get Outra- WHAT THE HECK HE ACTUALLY DOES GET OUTRAGE!!!

It may be useful to counter some Dragons, but it is too situational for a move that locks you in.

Outrage is pretty meh anyway,since it is locks you in.

I have been using a BulkUp set with EQ, Stone Edge and Explosion. The great thing is that people wont expect you to blow up after you BulkUp two or three times. Nets an average of 2Ko's per match.

I think it is the best of the three genies.

Randorosu @Yache Berry
Jolly
HP 4 / ATK 252 / SPE 252
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Knock Down
This seems kind of redundant if you ask me as you are easily going to Ohk0 most Flying Types anyway so how does it help?Besides most of the time you aren't going to get enough time to Both SD AND knock down something on the switch so what would this achieve that a simple SD set already does not?
Another thing...Does knock down work on Levitating pokes as well?

Knock Down has ridiculous usage. Bring in SD Randorosu, but use Knock Down first. Your opponent's number one counter will most probably be a Flying-Type, and with its immunity removed, your opponent may shit his pants. This is a golden opportunity to mindgame your opponent to switch or stay in, and you can Swords Dance. From there you can start smashing the stuffing out of everything.

Outrage is useless; Earthquake and Stone Edge in Sandstorm hit every single Pokemon harder than Outrage besides Torterra, Breloom, Claydol, and Flygon, none of which besides Breloom are popular right now. Fly also hits all of those Pokemon even harder than Outrage, although it's a bit risky. The fact that you lock yourself into Outrage just means that you can easily be revenge killed by any Steel type or anything faster with an Ice attack.

This thing is a beast in Sandstorm, even if you're not using Choice Band or Swords Dance. A Choice Scarf set can easily clean up with its Double STAB'd Earthquake or can make you go 6-0 if your opponent doesn't have something resistant/immune to it or Hippowdon (at one point I 2HKO'd my opponent's Nattorei with Earthquake and swept the rest of his team).

Knock Down should work wonders for this since it's only counters are things that resist EdgeQuake and Hippowdon. The former of which needs to use Levitate most of the time so it's then succeptible to Earthquake.

Ditch Substitute as this set needs the coverage. Bulky grass types (Celebi mainly) can take the repeated EQ and Knock Down does sad damage while they Leech Seed and Leaf Storm in your face.

U-Turn lets him knock them around as well as scout. Also 89/90/80 is decently bulky, you might consider adding some Hp in there out of his attack (Since he's boosting with SD anyways he doesn't really need to go max).
I'll try out U-Turn once the simulator is back up, because I did occasionally run into Celebi. The ability to block status was nice, but I'm sure I'll find a way around it. I am curious, though, as to what extra HP accomplishes. I'm running Jolly, so he's already strapped for power, even with Swords Dance and Sand Power.

Also, YAY! Glad people like my Knock Down idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)