Late game Sweep - Ninjask (OU RMT)

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT POKEMON I SHOULD REPLACE AND THE MOVES, LET ME KNOW.

NINJASK IS A STAPLE MEMBER SO IT NEEDS TO BE ON THE TEAM AS A LATE GAME SWEEPER AND NOT A BATON PASSER

now that I got that out of the way....
Rotom-f @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP/252 Def/160 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Discharge
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Shadow Ball

My lead and dual screener, It can easily set up at least 1 of the 2 screens and then proceed to annoy you with 30% chance of paralysis.

The EV's give Rotom the perfect balance of HP, Def and SpDef which makes rotom able to take physical or special attacks well enough to set out a screen, I considered using cresselia but T-tar and Scizor just completely destroy it.

Discharge has a 30% chance to paralyse which is quite high. once the opponent is paralysed, I can set up another screen or switch out depending on the situation.
---
Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Modest nature (+SpAtk,-Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass

dragon pulse, earth power and fire blast have perfect type coverage, the hidden power of choice is hidden power grass to hit swampert.

it can outspeed all pokemon with a base speed of 120 and a +speed nature, it can also outspeed all pokemon with a base speed of 125 UNLESS they have a +speed nature.

Once the battle simulator for the 5th gen games come out, I will use shanderaa instead of heatran
---
Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Speed,-SpAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

The EV's allow scizor to outspeed Adamant T-tar and bulky variants of suicune and to hit hard with a base 90 priority move.

Superpower lets scizor super effect pokemon like blissey, Registeel, Forretress and heatran who scizor would struggle to kill them (expecially heatran)

Bullet punch and X-Scizor Are STAB attacks and have good coverage with Superpower, despite this: zapdos can switch in on a +2 bullet punch and OHKO with Heat Wave (not sure, Have not tested that)

---
Starmie (M) @ Life Orb
Ability:
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Speed
Timid nature (+Speed,-SpAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Surf also provides a good weapon to use against Infernape and Heatran but since this set is for walling and attacking when needed. With Thunderbolt, Starmie is a good counter to Gyarados, without it: gyarados can easily switch in and then hit back with a +1 Stone edge or Earthquake. Recover keeps Starmie at high health, which lets it perform its countering and spinning duties reliably throughout a match.

The EVs are made for survivability while still taking advantage of Starmie's good Speed. 252 Speed EVs are used to Speed tie with opposing Starmie and Azelf.

Rapid spin makes the ninjask sweep possible as stealth rocks chip of at 50% health each time it switches in

---
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Recover / Substitute
- Seed Bomb

a baton passer that can help ninjask out a lot when it need to take down bulkier pokemon like vaporeon

252 EV and substitute gives it 101 HP subs that blissey can not break with seismic toss, the EV's allow it to have 404 HP and 328 Speed which gives it the balance of Speed and Bulk

Recover and Leftovers make it possible to pass a +4 to ninjask sometimes but which is better, instant recovery or more bulkiness?

---
Ninjask (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- X-Scissor

The EV's are just for all-out attacking and taking out weaking foes
after a Speed boost and Swords Dance, it has 612 Atk and 628 Speed which is very powerful.

By the time ninjask comes out, the opponents pokemon will most likely have around 2-3 pokemon left and they would be weakened enough for ninjask to finish them off.

Unfortunatly, Life orb and Stealth rock (if it is up) will be taking off chunks of it health and ninjask does not have much health anyway.

Something worth mentioning, after a speed boost: ninjask Can OUTSPEED EVERY SCARFED POKEMON that is not named Deoxys-S and it never uses a choice scarf anyway.

Aerodactyl: Can outspeed all of my pokemon except for ninjask and can be a big threat to my team with taunt and stealth rock

Azelf: even though I can outspeed azelf, It has explosion, stealth rock, taunt and powerful attacks making it dificult to predict. despite

Blissey: once scizor goes down, it is very easy for blissey to start spamming wish since flygon and ninjask lacks the super effective moves AND blissey can just T-Wave them. A pain to deal with.

Jirachi: with serene grace and a very good movepool, it will annoy me A LOT with paraflinch and other status moves.

is also powerful and can be a little bit unpredictible with both physical and special attack

Machamp: on paper, I should be able to take out machamp easily.
In reality, It's 100% accurate DynamicPunch and Stone Edge prove to be make me struggle to take it down. ninjask has the best chance of taking it down and it risks being hit by stone edge.

Togekiss: the same as jirachi except it only uses physical moves and it a lot hits harder

Vaporeon: Has Wish, protect and has a few other useful things to annoy me with. other then that, easy to deal with if I can use physical attacks

If there are more threats that I need to add, let me know and I will add them

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your descriptions are awful. You didnt say why you picked them or what they do for the team, and you didnt explain the EV's.
Ninjask is probably the worst sweeper ever. EVER (!)
It loses half its health when it comes in. And ever lead will be getting rocks up against you since you have a rotom lead. (never really explained why rotom either, lol) Also, you have no spinner.
And a Steel resists every one of Ninjasks moves, most of which are very weak.
To sum it up: Lol

After Empoleon gets an agility up, it can do some serious damage to your team. I'm still thinking of something to remedy this, so i'll let you know when i think of it.

You know that metal claw's secondary effect only has 10% chance of happening, don't you? And that ninjask takes 50% damage when coming in? and that ninjask can't survive an attack with the remaining health (even with 100%!)? Don't you want to remake your team?

um...just why did you put NINJASK as your late game 'sweeper'? Metal claw's secondary effect has a 10% chance of happening! It's too frail,and it loses 50% of it's health coming in. And why did you put ROTOM as a lead!? With that as your lead, everyone will be getting rocks up. and your team has a terrible weakness to fire. If your flygon and heatran die, an opponent's heatran comes in and devestates you (yeah, sure, you have rotom, but that is probably going to die too).
Let's just say you have some serious editing to do.

Um...I apologize. I'm sorta busy and I just dropped by to check out.
The "star" of the team is meant to be Ninjask. Here is all what I have to say:
I don't have anything against an offensive Ninjask. It has an incredibly Speed, further boosted by Speed Boost, and Swords Dance to boot.

HOWEVER, even with a Choice Band, Ninjask's Attack is barely passable (I use Swords Dance Life Orb).
zdrup is correct. Metal Claw only has a 10% chance, and even then, it's only half the boost that Swords Dance gives. Oh well, nice try. Finally, it's true that Stealh Rock is extremely common. Without any way to prevent it coming at you, combined with Ninjask's Life Orb, you only get five (weak) attack AT BEST.

If you still really want to utilize Ninjask...well...Ninjask, Scizor, and Celebi all have Baton Pass, so that's something.

One last thing: Calm Mind + Leaf Storm isn't so hot.

Ok, I'll make celebi a baton passer to help ninjask get some boosts.

I tested this team on pokemon lab and it did worse then I expected.

I'll do some editing and explain the EV's better

Kudos to you for using SD Ninjask. Its unexpected which can net you many kills. However, it does get easily knocked out, so beware of setting up Swords Dance!

Try Bug Bite over X-Scissor on Scizor because Bug Bite is 60 power and is powered up by Technician to 90, higher than X-Scissor's 80.

Don't have much else to rate.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)