ORAS LC LC Balanced team

its weird to call it balanced.. in fact I have no idea what to call it.... all I know is with this team my LC rating shot like a rocket in a afternoon from 1000 to (currently) 1370s by using just this team in ladder it works so well!, I have won like 15 straight with this team

Mini Ryu (Riolu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Blaze Kick
- Copycat
Normal Riolu set, I picked in blaze kick as grass is one of my teams major weaknesses if Fletching dies, it is a fucking boss with copycat able to set up, then strike hard with priority, or able to use opponets moves that might be usefull right back at them. it is truly a unique pokemon

Gale force (Fletchling)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

normal Fletching set, not much to say that could be said, it hits hard with Acro and u turn along with swords dance and roost to heal hits many pokemon hard, cant take too many hits however.. its the only downside to this awesome pokemon

Babae (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Roost

Dis is my Bae, literally Defog for rocks and webs, toxic to punish a ton of pokemon that are bulky such as chinchou, spritzee, and others, along with knock off to get rid of annoying berry juicers such as tirtouga or Dwebble

Magnet (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I picked scarf over any other set due to me really neededing something fast and powerfull specially, flash cannon hits the annoying Spritze hard, and diglett hard (which is a check to it) along with most other pokemon, but just be warned of the move your stuck on... also HP ground to counter Electric types and its biggest check CHINCHOU

Crush (Tirtouga) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 212 Atk / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash
Tirtouga I picked berry juice recov set as it works well for almost every pokemon with sturdy, it is a great and powerhouse sweeper used to stop fletching, and if boosted, chinchou if It can.. literally if its boosted the only thing that stops it is Ferroseed

Electrifiying (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
Bulky Chinchou, I picked this over scarf cause I needed another bulky mon that can hit many pokemon, this thing tanks hits well and it is a good ground counter if its faster than the pokemon that is.... but instead it makes a good blocker to electric and the many volt switchers

now I know some of the majors checks against my team so I try to balance a way to beat them

Chinchou is a Major and HUGE check to my team, but I found that Riolu hurts hard with HJK and does massive damage to chinchou, and that scald and volt switch don't OHKO if its the bulky set, other than that I have almost no check to this

Spritzee- this thing is annoying, what do I do? well Magnemite, is my major counter, along with Tirtouga and Fletch

Ferroseed- this fucking thing is majorly annoying due to its abilty to tank everything I can throw at it minus one pokemon, my Riolu, which I packed in to purposely screw it over

(update) Larvesta after going through many rounds of LC I find can screw me over if Tirtouga dies and Fletch dies.. especially bulky Eviolite set, it is tough to destroy with my team

anychecks I might have missed please comment below, I'm new to this tier (and this is the first team I posted on RMT so I don't know EXACTLY how this forums works)

Lastly here are some awesome and nail biting replays involving this team-
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-304688396
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-304683629

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo whats up dude, pretty flames team if i say so myself.

As you stated, you have major issues with Spritzee and Ferroseed. Specifically you have trouble breaking through most defensive cores, like PorySpritz. You also don't do well against other offensive yet still defensive mons, like Snubbull. First things first, as someone who absolutely loves to use Riolu, your set is kinda shit. Eviolite is kinda worthless since Riolu isn't living too much anyway and is normally 2hkoed by neutral attacks anyway. But KOing Spritzee can easily be accomplished with a more flames set that doesn't have recoil. Try using Roseli Berry Iron Tail Riolu. With that set, you lure in Spritzee and Snubbull, can Swords Dance on their respective STAB moves, and KO with Iron Tail (HJK and a +2 Iron Tail KOs Spritzee, while a +1 Iron Tail OHKOes Snubbull, meanwhile both fail to KO with their STAB moves.
You don't really need Blaze Kick, since Blaze Kick is only really relevant for Foongus, and you have a Fletchling and a Vullaby on your team.

Next, I really think that you could use something more offensive than Vullaby, or at the least change around its set. You could try out a Stunky, but that makes you super weak to Diglett. Instead, my suggestion would be swapping up its set. Getting rid of Toxic for Heat Wave or Brave Bird makes you slightly less weak to Ferroseed, and gives you tons more offensive prescence. Both have their benefits, Heat Wave obviously just shits on Ferroseed while Brave Bird is good to take on things like Mienfoo or Timburr. Either way its up to you on what yout hink is best for your team.

Onto your Ferroseed weakness, I'd recommend swapping a few moves around for it. It really doesn't need Toxic at all, as LC is a hyper offensive metagame right now and Toxic doesn't really do much. You're better off running either Now, Magnemite is kinda just thrown onto your team. You don't really need it. Like at all. Its a poor thing to switch into Spritzee, which you honestly lack right now (kinda fixed with Roseli Riolu but its not the best set to switch into, you'd much rather lure it in to blast through it). I'd suggest trying out Honedge over Magnemite, as Honedge lets you not only have a reliable switchin to Spritzee that damages it and can threaten teams, it also beats Abra, which is something your team could use better checks for seeing as you are running a Riolu on your team.

Riolu @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick

Thanks all feedback helps, ive noticed spritzee to be a problem, which is why I carry toxic, I made it blaze kick as he is literally my ONLY Ferroseed counter, and actually hurts ferro so much... and also I need a counter for grass man, once Fletch dies that's it for grass coverage

Also Toxic is my main counter to.... Spritzee XD literally because it hurts it so much, also I have Magnemite to counter them well

I do agree about abra being a threat, but I need Magnemite in there as ive seen how much he can do, hes been able to do soo much and I need a powerhouse special mon on my team somewhere, otherwise I'm two reliant on Physical mons (5-1 counting vullabys knock off)

so yeah that's where I stand.... also my new threat list has a little fucker called Larvesta on it...

also I found a new pokemon that can stall the heck out of me, updating threats list :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)