LC Doubles and Triples Discussion

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
(Obligatory that I make the thread, considering I'm LC's biggest multibattle fan, just saying)

LC Doubles and Triples are your standard doubles and triples, with Little Cup-legal Pokemon allowed. They make a nice distraction from singles, and the metagame is new and unexplored, meaning it is very fresh. Global effects become more powerful than ever, and for once, Rain Dance, Sunny Day and Trick Room push Sandstorm to the back.

Discuss the new metagame, your thoughts, predictions, and experiences!

P.S.: SUCKER PUNCH CHINCHOUUUUUUUU

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will not pretend to be a scholar of Little Cup, let alone Little Cup Doubles/Triples but here is my post. Personally one of my favorite Strategies in any doubles meta is TR. For this I see Yuniran being pretty big.

Yuniran
@ Life Orb / Evolution Stone
Magic Guard
236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect / Recover / Hidden Power Fighting

This thing has a monstrous 105 SpA base with the low speed of 20 to back it up in TR. Magic Guard gives it immunity to status damage, weather damage, and LO recoil. Evo stone can be used if you want to keep it bulky. This thing will have a lot of trouble with Scyther, Missy, and Weavile though.

I will not pretend to be a scholar of Little Cup, let alone Little Cup Doubles/Triples but here is my post. Personally one of my favorite Strategies in any doubles meta is TR. For this I see Yuniran being pretty big.

Yuniran
@ Life Orb / Evolution Stone
Magic Guard
236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect / Recover / Hidden Power Fighting

This thing has a monstrous 105 SpA base with the low speed of 20 to back it up in TR. Magic Guard gives it immunity to status damage, weather damage, and LO recoil. Evo stone can be used if you want to keep it bulky. This thing will have a lot of trouble with Scyther, Missy, and Weavile though.
Dangoro, munna, Dokkora, Purotooga,tamagetake, tesshiido, gear and riguree also benefit from trick room.

I thought, why not make a list of LC trick room pokes?
note that thisis only Gen V

Dangoro, Dokkora, Purotooga,tamagetake, tesshiido, gear and riguree also benefit from trick room.

I thought, why not make a list of LC trick room pokes?
Riguree and munaa especially, because they get access to the beloved doubles/triples ability telepathy. So you can run them alongside a powerful eq abuser... like o say, gobitto, or ryhorn. Could even run the dreaded trick storm in beside hippopotas

anyone for a Gen V only, Little Cup, TrickStorm team?, since there are a lot of those pokes that dont take Storm damage and are slow, like (here we go again):
Dangoro, Purotooga, tesshiido, gear, gobitto and many more

Sun. Eruption Cyndaquil + Vulpix + No insta rain = doom. Also snover dies to fire. Hippopotas is the only threat.

I am pretty sure Eruption will still hit harder than HP grass.
70*2=140
150*1.5=225

Eruption has the bigger number. A much, much bigger number if it's Flash Fire Cyndaquil and you Lava Plume with Vulpix first.

I'm a big fan of Gravity, I'm considering building a team around that.

No Follow Me Riolu or Fake Out Kojofu discussion? Kojofu gets Wide Guard too, in addition to being fast enough to outpace a few Fake Outers.

No Follow Me Riolu or Fake Out Kojofu discussion? Kojofu gets Wide Guard too, in addition to being fast enough to outpace a few Fake Outers.
Like Meowth, Aipom, and Chimchar?

Fake Out is the same priority as Follow Me, and Riolu is meh fast.

Where's Snover+Magic Guard Abra[/Other Blizzzard user]? It was great last generation, like Abomatwo, and Magic Guard is great with Sashprotect and Hail practically guaranteeing a kill.

Like Meowth, Aipom, and Chimchar?

Fake Out is the same priority as Follow Me, and Riolu is meh fast.

Where's Snover+Magic Guard Abra[/Other Blizzzard user]? It was great last generation, like Abomatwo, and Magic Guard is great with Sashprotect and Hail practically guaranteeing a kill.
Abra doesn't learn Blizzard.

Yeah, but if hippotas switches in, it probably wont die whereas snover definitely will.
Yes, yes it will. It will always kill. Unless you've been dropped to 1-2 HP or something by priority.

70*2=140
150*1.5=225

Eruption has the bigger number. A much, much bigger number if it's Flash Fire Cyndaquil and you Lava Plume with Vulpix first.

I'm a big fan of Gravity, I'm considering building a team around that.
Well... its 150*1.5*.75 technically, since its doubles. Still more powerful than hp, but not by such a margin

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No TR discussion? A lot of teams last Gen used Makuhita + TR Shuppet leads to great success, only falling to silly things like Shuppet being flinched by Dark Pulse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)