-Roar
-Rest

Spr 2s 248.png

Tyranitar
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Roar

The role of Snorlax on this team is to take a sleep inducing move, and then dish out whatever damage it can. Snorlax is the best Pokemon overall at taking sleep inducing moves because there are no Pokemon who use sleep moves that threaten it with a super effective move, with the exception of Poliwrath, but you won't be seeing that in OU often. Sleep talking Snorlax is a good pivot to most Pokemon in the game and it supports its teammates here nicely. It's the main counter to Nidoking which threatens most of the other Pokemon on this team, depending on its move set. It likes to stay near full health in the event of getting p-hazed out a lot and accumulating spikes damage.

The role of Tyranitar here is to trap the ghost types for Snorlax, Charizard, Forretress, and Venusaur, as well as getting psychic types out of the way for Venusaur and Charizard. These three moves plus roar are perfect for what the rest of the team has trouble dealing with overall. Ideally you don't want any status besides paralysis on Ttar or else it's longevity decreases quickly. The normal resistance is appreciated as opposed to using Umbreon; having a second p-hazer is also useful to help with racking up spikes damage, or neutering baton pass threats.

Raikou's role is to add some extra defense to the others while spreading paralysis, p-hazing baton pass threats, and accumulating spikes damage. Reflect is useful especially in the case of Marowak, because the only two Pokemon you will normally be switching into Marowak are Forretress and Venusaur, and both take a decent chunk without reflect up. The reflect also helps Charizard set up belly drum in the face of certain physical attackers, as well it helps switching any Pokemon into a physical attacker much easier.

Venusaur has an important role on this team and helps Charizard out greatly. Light Screen is arguably the better screen of the two that Charizard can set up under without worrying about being taken out by a surf or thunder, with the exception of a critical hit. Venusaur also covers Charizard's weakness to water, and the immunity to poison is nice for switching into Suicune or Cloyster with toxic. Not only that, but it threatens to put a Pokemon to sleep, so you can usually guarantee a switch if you bring Venusaur in at a good time. Venusaur is also the main counter to Machamp on this team, so if they have it, ideally you want to put Machamp to sleep, for it it gets too many curses under its belt it can become quite a problem.

Forretress has the goal we all know that is setting up spikes and removing them. Toxic is the Best choice for this team simply due to the fact it can make Starmie, Cloyster, Snorlax, Rock and ground types, and many other Pokemon easier to handle over time. Toxic and Spikes on this team is crucial and it gives Charizard an easier time to take out its targets. Explosion needs no explanation, but on this team that power is too good to give up for another move, it threatens many switches which can also be used to an advantage.

Charizard is who should be dealing out the most damage, that is the goal of this team. Get it out on the field carefully and try to wreak as much havoc as you can. The standard belly drum set is preferred here over something like hyper beam, due to the team being rather slow overall, not hyper offensive. With the screens up Charizard is hard to deal with, because the typical counters no longer are able to counter it. Charizard doesn't want to lose its leftovers to thief, because if it is forced to switch out, the goal is to get it back up near full health where it can make another run. Charizard obviously doesn't want to take status in most scenarios unless you can see the trade off being worth it.

This is a solid team and a lot of fun to use, it has some obvious weaknesses, but that is the price when using two BL Pokemon in OU. Forretress or Raikou are usually my starters.

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
There is a lot of cohesion between your Snorlax / Charizard and Tyranitar moveset choices, but I wondered how often did you felt in Forretress vs. Forretress match-ups? I always thought Cloyster was one of the most consistent picks for a Charizard draft (unlike Forretress, it is one of the best Starmie bait-killers), although Crunch Tyranitar still makes a solid job against it in long games regardless. Too bad it (likely) forgoes the Spin support on this team, but at least it gives you a solid backup vs. Marowak and discourages Golem / non-Giga Forretress' spin attempts.

I'm pretty sure you considered this option at some point, but I really like Hidden Power Ice Raikou here. It doesn't necessarily covers everything, but at least it discourages free Nidoking / Marowak openings against your team, especially with Spikes support. I like how the Venusaur is used here, it doesn't try to be a budget Exeggutor, and it really generates solid openings for Charizard with Light Screen, without being too much exposed against Machamp / opposing Tyranitar. Overall I think this is a solid draft with a couple of edits here and there

It started off with hidden power ice, I have considered putting it back on to cover the ground weakness, I'll experiment with HP ice again to compare it against more teams. Forretress vs Forretress can be tricky if the opponent is running something like hp fire/toxic with Starmie as a partner or the like, but usually Forretress is just set up for Charizard and if I have light screen up, I can usually take something out, or it forces a switch for something else to take a fire blast. Due to this team playing rather slow I think the rapid spin support is nice to have, I imagine it would do well with Cloyster+explosion, but Forretress can still explode on Starmie and whittle it down with toxic so I don't think I'll switch that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)