League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Blaze is definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with. In terms of crowd favorites, I'm rooting for CLG.eu to take the win, although honestly the competitive scene here is so vast that any one of these teams has a good shot at the prize. I'm thinking back to the 2009 WCG when it was just CLG and SK Gaming as the two powerhouses of the entire competitive League scene - I'm happy to see the game mature so much since then.

I haven't been keeping up with international regionals, but I do know that all three American teams were forced to reveal some of their tricks a little early - TSM probably was hurt the least, revealing Dyrus's Jayce; however, Dignitas revealed their poke comp strategy against CLG Prime and CLG in turn had to break out their triple teleport+promote comp against Curse in the third place match. I'm sure they've got other tactics in store, though.

I think M5 is the obvious favorite, especially if CLG.EU can beat Azubu Frost in the OGN finals this coming weekend. Other than that, Azubu Frost or Blaze will be top competitors, along with CLG.EU and TSM, although TSM has the weakness that they literally cannot defeat M5 on LAN events. They might be able to overcome the Korean teams and they have proven they can beat CLG.EU before (though the games were very close and I think CLG.EU has improved more than TSM has in the interim), but as soon as TSM gets matched up against M5 it's curtains for them.

TSM probably was hurt the least, revealing Dyrus's Jayce;.
Dyrus streamed a lot while he was learning jayce, so it's possible that everyone knew already (your point still stands though obviously!)

I personally think M5 will win worlds, but i don't really think we can know because most eu and na teams haven't played the likes of WE and the azubu teams before. I would like to see a CLG.eu win since snoopeh is the only brit who plays competitively, but in reality I don't really care haha

I'll root for TSM just because I have to root for an NA team and they seem strongest to me. Not a fan of their personalities though.

Just had three games in a row as Graves that were pretty funny. The first game I don't have a pic for, but I got an unofficial quadra (missed it by a few seconds) around 3 minutes in. Our jungle Maplhite went to try to steal their red, and their jungler and mid went to stop him, and shortly after bot lane went up too. I chased, Malphite ran towards mid and circled around towards dragon. All 4 chasers trapped Malph in dragon, but our mid and support were right behind them, and I dashed through the wall and just picked them off one by one. I had a BF Sword at 4 minutes.

Their Sona pretty much spoonfed me and my Sona, and I think Graves was either trolling or gave up because his build hurts to look at. Olaf's ganks were pretty bad too, even giving me double buffs somewhat early. Weirdest thing is that the team blamed Irelia for the loss...

This one I found amusing because our Yi just destroyed Jax in lane somehow. I actually had a rough start because a level 2 gank from Ali got both me and Sona killed, and then me failing to Exhaust in time got me killed again a few levels later. Managed to make a comeback thanks to some nice ganks by Voli and a couple stupid decisions by Ashe.

Kinda wish my friends weren't such dicks about the wins, though...

currently qualified teams for the season 2 championship:

North America
Team Solomid (Dyrus / TheOddOne / Reginald / Chaox / Xpecial)
Team Dignitas (Crumbzz / IWillDominate / Scarra / imaqtpie / Patoy)
Counter Logic Gaming Prime (Voyboy / HotshotGG / bigfatjiji / Doublelift / Chauster)

Europe
Moscow Five (Darien / Diamond / Alex Ich / Genja / Pepper)
SK Gaming (Kev1n / Aranaea / Ocelote / YellOWStaR / Nyph)
Counter Logic Gaming EU (Wickd / Snoopeh / Froggen / Yellowpete / Krepo)

China
Invictus Gaming (Pdd / illuSioN / Zz1tai / kid / XiaoXiao)
World Elite (CaoMei / CL / Misaya / WeiXiao / if)
Taipei Assassins (Stanley / Lilballz / Toyz / Bebeisadog / MiSTakE)

Korea
[Circuit Ladder Winners]
[Regional Finals Winners]

South East Asia
[Regional Finals Winners]

so how about some predictions for the three teams still to qualify? i know a lot of people are confident moscow five will take this tournament but anything could happen...i've got my money on m5 and clg eu to perform strongly, with dark horses clg na and iG. koreans should perform strongly but i don't think they're capable of winning at this point in time

just some notes i've been making on this tournament

Team Solomid have been exerting complete dominance over the NA scene for the last 5 months, not dropping a single match, but they are definitely mortal, dropping games to curse and clg. they have performed poorly against the asian teams and have yet to beat M5 at all. the consistency of Dyrus and Xpecial will win them games against teams that are prone to throwing.

Team Dignitas have never played on the world stage before, but they have a lot of cheese up their sleeves from Scarra which should be able to trip some teams

Counter Logic Gaming Prime are a historically strong team, but they still haven't displayed what they're capable of with their new roster, especially former MVP Voyboy but they have learnt a lot in korea and the korean teams have said that they fear CLG the most outside of korea, mainly due to Doublelift and Chauster, touted to be the world's best AD/support combo

Moscow Five are untested on the world stage but have shown to be one of the most disciplined and strongest teams outside of korea, due in part to the tactical engine that is Alex Ich and Diamond. their ONE weakness live appears to be CLG.EU, though they haven't played against the asians yet

SK Gaming have a lot of experience between the five of them but as a team they are still fairly new and must fight very hard to match the international behemoths like TSM and the Azubu teams. the raw mechanical skill of Kev1n and Ocelote means that a game can snowball heavily in their favour

Counter Logic Gaming EU are also untested on the world stage. they seem to perform as well as Froggen is playing, which is a double-edged sword at times but they are, in my opinion, the best team in the world in standard fives play

Invictus Gaming came out of their slump with a roster shuffle and most importantly, the reacquisition of Pdd and should bring us some classic asian early-game aggression

World Elite haven't been performing well lately but any team with Misaya and WX is not to be underrated as these two carry very, very hard when they need to

Taipei Assassins have a lot of tactics hidden from the public, and work together like a well-oiled engine, reminiscent of M5, but they are prone to throwing games, keep an eye out for Stanley

Azubu Blaze / Azubu Frost / Xenics Storm / Najin Sword are the big four korean teams, only two of them will play at the season 2 championship. expect consistent, exciting play from all four teams, players to watch include Captain Jack, MakNooN and Nolja

and i don't know very much about the Singapore Sentinels at all, though they have been dominating the SEA region and i fully expect them to qualify
I've been watching the Chinese scene a lot, so here are my thoughts:

WE and iG are not the same teams that showed up at IEM Guangzhou. I don't think they'll get very far. They seem to be stuck in the "win lane win game" mode.
TPA has probably the best teamwork in the world, though recently they haven't been practicing much. If they get it together, they can probably get pretty far. Their laning is okay at best. I don't know about international play though - they've lost a lot (CLG.eu in the showmatch, Legion and 4Not in the Leaguecraft ggClassic). They do scrim CLG a lot and I hear they consistently beat them.
The Garena league isn't all that strong - TPA and SGS pretty much stomp everyone, and then TPA stomps SGS.

CLG.eu has a lot of international experience (probably the most of any team). They've played pretty much every team in Europe and the top teams in NA, and they've been practicing in Asia (Korean teams, WE, TPA).

I'm rooting for M5 and CLG.eu.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
TSM's success depends heavily on which Reginald shows up to play - the best mid player in North America Reginald or the overaggressive 1300 elo Reginald.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Blaze is definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with. In terms of crowd favorites, I'm rooting for CLG.eu to take the win, although honestly the competitive scene here is so vast that any one of these teams has a good shot at the prize. I'm thinking back to the 2009 WCG when it was just CLG and SK Gaming as the two powerhouses of the entire competitive League scene - I'm happy to see the game mature so much since then.

I haven't been keeping up with international regionals, but I do know that all three American teams were forced to reveal some of their tricks a little early - TSM probably was hurt the least, revealing Dyrus's Jayce; however, Dignitas revealed their poke comp strategy against CLG Prime and CLG in turn had to break out their triple teleport+promote comp against Curse in the third place match. I'm sure they've got other tactics in store, though.
Actually you are wrong about CLG, they used that comp in their very first game at the regionals, just with Sivir, which was then banned like every game, CLG most likely wanted to show off that comp, otherwise they had no reason to use it in the very first game.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
CLG had to reveal their Sivir comp early because it was better safe than sorry for them. More important to survive the earlier round than not.

Speaking of which, Sivir isn't even a core in that splitpush comp - she just happens to be the best backdoorer / pusher adc in the game but is also perfectly replaceable.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
So how do I not suck at this game?
Ok an extension of this I guess but is ~20 assists a good benchmark for a tank? I've been playing a fair amount of premades with my friends for the last few days. (they're OP) I've been going with essentially the same build of Merc's Treads, HoG + Philo Stone, Glacial Shroud -> Frozen Heart, Reverie. After that I don't have a single clue of what I'm doing and just blow my money on bunch of wards and spam them, or get one of those big items like Aegis of the Legion even though I don't have much clue of what they do. Also most games i end up feeling like I didn't do particularly much, at least nothing noticeable.

I'm obviously new and therefore FTP so I've been playing Taric. Most guides just tell you to ward a lot? And the guide ends up being a 'how to ward' guide >_>

So I like AP Teemo.

I feel unclean...
It's funny that everyone was trashing AP Teemo a few pages back, because he's actually really strong now.

A 0.4 AP ratio on his E means that you can hit just as hard with autoattack poke as an AD Teemo can (assuming you get off relatively few autoattacks) while your Q hits much harder and your ultimate is an absolute monster. He won't be 100-0ing anyone, but his mushrooms do incredible damage late-game and Deathfire+Q+auto+Ignite can combo someone from around 70-80%.

He loses out to regular Teemo if you're prone to long engagements early-game where you're having autoattack wars. AD Teemo also has better sustain. Still, AP can absolutely shut down certain lanes and his late game is just terrifying.

Yeah, I have only played him three times but all three times I've won my lane. I think you should only pick him after the enemy top has picked and only against a few certain enemy champs. I absolutely crushed a Cho'Gath my first game. Went like 13/2 and carried my team. Second game I was crushing a Mordekaiser and then my botlane fed hard and one of them dc'd. Third game I thought they were going Kayle top so I picked him. Ended up Kayle went support and I was against Darius top. I would suggest never going against Darius. I feel like if he were any good he would have ROFLstomped me. I was able to play smart and stay ahead of him in CS and take his tower first but I think it was because he was too predictable. Finished 6/5/6 but lost because our Corki let the enemy Sivir go 18/4.

Darius is ridiculous by the way. I think he should have some more burst. And his passive (teemo's poison plus movequick on a passive) is a little weak. They should buff that. /sarcasm

But AP Teemo is fun because it is really fun to harass your enemy and blind them out of last hits. Also fun to win jungle teamfights because of your Ult.

Edit: The reason I felt AP Teemo had a bad stigma is because those are usually the freemo feeders.

Teemo should completely derp on Darius...he has no gap closer or sustain. Just take potshots at him when he goes in to lasthit.

A friend of mine recently turned me on to the idea of support Warwick. I decided to give it a try.

I've played about six or so games and I've won five of them. He's easily one of the most fun supports I've played.

Obviously never played J4 Support.

AoE Knock-Up
AoE Slow
AoE Percentage Armor Pen
AS Booster
Def Booster
E acts as ward for side brush
and finally his force-enemy-to-flash-ult.

No idea why he isn't used.

A friend of mine recently turned me on to the idea of support Warwick. I decided to give it a try.

I've played about six or so games and I've won five of them. He's easily one of the most fun supports I've played.
I dunno about support Warwick. He only really has the suppress and his W, (and the attack speed boost if halved for teammates). AD caries appreciate both of those, but Warwick has no way to help his lane partner defensively. His other skills, Blood Scent and Hungering Strike, don't really help him support at all. If you're really into using an offensive support, I'd just stick with Blitzcrank or Nunu. Warwick is much better suited to jungling, where he can make better use of his amazing sustain from Q and good ganks thanks to E/Ulti and he still gets plenty of assists. (although take that with a grain of salt, since I'm not even 30 yet)

Teemo should completely derp on Darius...he has no gap closer or sustain. Just take potshots at him when he goes in to lasthit.
He should. But in reality Darius is OP as fuck and can just run right at you if you move in to Blind him. His grab and spin attack still hit and he wins exchanges because of his stupid damage and passive.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A worse version of katarina that has a way stronger laning phase, two forms of crowd control, and whose ult can't be canceled. Wait worse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)