SM Doubles OU Lightspeed Assault Team

Lightspeed Assault
This is my doubles team built for hyper offense and maximum speed. The objective is to overwhelm the opposition with constant OHKOs and the occasional 2HKO while making sure that they're always moving first. The majority of the team itself are capable of eating a single hit without fainting through either items or stats in the event of a failed KO or on the rare occasion they don't move first.

The Team

Tsareena @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Play Rough
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
Tsareena is here for utility. It makes up one half of my anti-priority strategy. It forces out physical attackers with Trop Kick. With the Assault Vest it often surprises special attackers going for the kill on it. Perfect partner for Minior as it shrugs off a Shell Smashed EQ. And it serves as my spinner. She's the team's swiss army knife and anchor. She's also the only one not here to make quick kills. Even so, her offensive loadout sometimes steals one or two of them.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Lunge
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
Pure rapid fire offense. I chose Adamant as it already out speeds most things, so ramping up its attack with Beast Boost on each kill is much more useful. Scarfed because she's a glass cannon with plenty of weaknesses. U-Turn is so I can get her out of sticky situations when I'll need her later while Lunge is her actual offensive bug move.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Brave Nature
- Curse
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
Against Trick Room teams Snorlax effectively serves the same setup sweeper purpose as Minior, except it absorbs hits much better. I chose immunity over thick fat because Toxic is more dangerous to it than raw damage.

Minior-Blue @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Setup sweeper. Usually the first one out along with Tsareena, since Tapu Lele can't protect it. If the opponent doesn't remove it turn one they'll generally suffer severe punishment for it. Rock slide over Stone Edge for the increased accuracy, full team attack, and chance to flinch.

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
The second half of my anti-priority strategy. In addition it serves as my primary special sweeper. Two stabs plus coverage in Shadow Ball and Energy Ball.

Salazzle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic
I suspect this is the weak link on the team. I needed another fast special sweeper and Salazzle seemed the best, but the way my team synergizes, by the time Salazzle is the right choice I've usually lost. The exception being when I can have Pheromosa U-Turn it into a fire move.
Conclusion
Currently sitting at a 30 game win rate of about 53% with the team and looking to find any flaws I'm overlooking. Also looking for a decent replacement for Salazzle.
Tsareena @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Play Rough
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick
Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Lunge
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Brave Nature
- Curse
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
Minior-Blue @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
Salazzle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Welcome to doubles! I'm afraid to say that your team is, well, unviable. You would need to replace at least 3 mons to reach a competitive level against good players, which would basically be a new team. Admittedly, the dou ladder is quite bad, and any well-built team should easily go 25-5 or better, so what you see there aren't good representations of the meta as a whole. I guess the largest problem is that you simply aren't using mons at a high enough power level compared to what's available in the tier. For example, Tsareena is cleanly outclassed by Tapu Bulu, Snorlax by Mega Kangaskhan, and Pheromosa by Deoxys-Attack (not that making these changes would be a cohesive team). Another huge issue is that you're running moves like toxic and rapid spin, which are useless from a doubles standpoint due to the fast paced nature of the format. Hazards do minimal damage compared to the turn you waste setting them, and toxic gets similarly outdamaged by regular attacks. Instead, you need to be using Protect, the most important move in any doubles format. Protect is all but mandatory on everything but choice users and certain supports/fake out users as a prediction tool for double targets, turn stalling, and preserving mons while your partner removes other targets.

There isn't a viability rankings for SM Doubles yet, but things you should look into are Mega Salamence, Charizard Y, Heatran, Shaymin-Sky, Zygarde/Lando T, Deoxys-Attack, Jirachi, the Tapus, and more that I can't all mention. We also don't have sample teams either, but I suggest you take a look at the teambuilding competition http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-teambuilding-competition-week-5-votin.3587522/ for examples, and here are some of my own: http://pastebin.com/Sadb2wsa http://pastebin.com/emTRNz3u

I wish you good luck learning and playing doubles, and happy holidays!

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this. Thank you. And I've found the move set advice to be really helpful. Salazzle has actually been more useful with the additional move and Tsareena is anchoring the team even better. As for the team change advice, while it's appreciated, the problem is that it's making an entirely different team with an entirely different strategy.

Anyways, thanks again for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)