Project Little Cup Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Workshop will be taking place in 15 min in #littlecup on IRC. We will be building around Skrelp which gained a huge boost with the introduction of its Hidden Ability, Adaptability.

The teambuilding workshops happened and it was really successful thanks to the help of plenty of users like Mambo, cityfolk, Aerow, Fiend Hound, Infamy, ZoroarkForever, Eren Yeagar and more people (sorry if I forgot you), really glad it turned out to be good and the result of all two hours of teambuilding was a really solid team which is this:

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 40 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Icy Wind

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 44 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Synthesis

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day / Toxic / Wild Charge

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 76 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Vullaby (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpA / 116 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Here are the logs of the workshop: http://pastebin.com/mJxtRZuW

Wish I could of been there to help. Looks like a solid build, little bu timburr weak and fletching weak, especially with diglett support though

I thought I said this already but w/e

You can now post what you want us to build around for the next workshop!

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
With all of the hype surrounding it lately, I think it would be really neat if we built a solid Sticky Web team. As an added part of the request, it would be even more special to have the perfect middle ground for it: Not necessarily a team that nearly requires Webs to be viable, but also not just *insert 5 S/A+ Pokemon here* + Web setter. if we could find the best mix of Pokemon that become good with Webs, and Pokemon that simply just improve, I think we could have something fun. Here's my idea of a core we can build around:

+

Cranidos is a very underused Pokemon. He hits super hard and can use any item it wants decently well. However, it does have some issues with speed. With Surskit around providing webs, Cranidos can do its job much more freely. I was originally going to use Spinarak instead of Surskit, but Surskit's higher speed is much more helpful for handling troubling opponents like Drilbur and Archen. Admittedly, Spinarak has a niche in handling non Stone Edge Mienfoo better. Thoughts?

Last edited:

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to suggest Klink because why not? It gets Shift Gear, a great boosting attack, and Gear Grind, which hits twice to break sturdies/sashes. It has Wild Charge for coverage as well and I've never seen it in this metagame. Its bulk is pretty decent and it gets 16 attack. Let's be original, let's play Klink.

Klink @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Shift Gear
Klink can't get Gear Grind or Wild Charge because they're level-up moves and Klink is genderless, resulting in an inability to breed for the aforementioned moves. Pretty much makes Klink a worthless Pokemon in LC.

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Klink can't get Gear Grind or Wild Charge because they're level-up moves and Klink is genderless, resulting in an inability to breed for the aforementioned moves. Pretty much makes Klink a worthless Pokemon in LC.
Ah, I didn't know. Thanks.

doomsday doink

Nominating Swords Dance Pancham

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker / Iron Fist
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Zen Headbutt

Monster of a sweeper, with literally 0 switch-ins due to the versatility of its coverage moves. Mold Breaker is almost mandatory with Gunk Shot so Pancham can deal with Trubbish, while a Zen Headbutt variant can afford to run Iron Fist; however, Pancham then misses out on OHKOing Sturdy-mons. I'm not sure what the best EV spread is, if it's more bulk-oriented or speed-oriented, so I stole this one from zeriloa's post in the metagame thread. Definitely a cool set.

I love all the new ORAS Stuff I loved Pumpkaboo I loved Pancham I loved Skrelp, but i think personally that for good players like the ones that are building that are not much of a challenge, I have being using a Mon that i liked the most , it can setup screens and keep your hazard clean of Hazards(sticky webs) the mon of the Week Is Natu as I want a real challenge for the community builders

Nominating Houndour+ SD Riolu. SD Riolu is just so interesting, and with Houndour, it has the support it needs to crack past Gastly, Pumpkaboo, and Abra.

Voting time, here are stuff you can vote for (added Wynaut because I thought I posted about it and Wynaut?):
  • Surskit + Cranidos
  • SD Pancham
  • Natu
  • Houndour + SD Riolu
  • Wynaut
Voting ends after a week, Mambo and I will decide on a time again (will most likely be the same as last time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)