ORAS LC Little Cup wifi

Hello! I recently used this team for the Little Cup wifi tournament held this weekend and acheived 27W and 18L with a rating of about 1620ish. Overall I am satisfied with how the team performed to an extent, but I am looking for advice on how to get to the next level, taking you through some of the thought process behind this team. The competition was 3V3 singles, no eviolite allowed, and no bans.

General Notes: Struggled most in higher tiers (1660 and higher) , no specific counter to any slurpuff set, never brought out misdreavus in the team.

The team is as follows:

Scyther@focus sash

Adamant, Technician

196 attack, 252 speed, 56HP

-Aerial Ace

-Brick Break

-Swords Dance

-Quick Attack

Arguably the best pokemon of the team, I found myself bringing scyther every match. He was a strong fighter and his priority and speed ensured that even at one HP, I would have a chance to sweep through teams. The focus sash is important as it let me OHKO other non sashed scyther and brick break sneasel. The main weakness I had to deal with scyther was protecting the sash from fake outs and avoiding stealth rock. Scyther was always brought out as my last pokemon. Also, I never really used swords dance, so I think U- Turn may have been the better option.

Chinchou@choice scarf

Timid, Volt Absorb

224 Speed, 232 Sp. Attack, 52HP

-Dazzling Gleam

-Surf

-Thunderbolt

-Volt Switch

A standard scarf chinchou except for the timid nature over modest. I didn't realize how fast it was without scarf, so I used timid to be precarious. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch are obligatory. Surf over hydro pump because of accuracy. And dazzling gleam because my porygon had ice beam anyways and Dazzling Gleam did more for me. My main selling point for chinchou was its ability to protect scyther, but after using it I realized how much power it really had. It outspeeds unscarfed scyther and OHKO's with thunderbolt. Bulky enough to take Ice shards aimed at scyther, but dies to knock off from sneasel after one knock off.

Porygon@Lum Berry

Modest, Trace

236 HP 236 Special Attack

-Tri Attack

-Thunder Wave

-Ice Beam

-Recover

Porygon was a good addition to the team as it gave a huge surprise factor. My reasoning of Ice Beam over shadow ball was that I had misdreavus on my team. Trace made it a good lead and it did some work when thunder wave is put into play. Tri Attack for Stab. The Lum Berry was supposed to be for a surprise factor but as I climbed the ladder, I found less people willing to inflict status. If I could change two things it would be berry juice instead to give porygon bulk, and change recover to something since porygon never got the chance to recover anyways.

Gligar@berry juice

Careful, Immunity

236Attack 236Speed

-Earthquake

-Substitute

-Roost

-Acrobatics

A subroost set. The goal was to set up subtitutes as quickly as possible to trigger berry juice then use acrobatics at will. I wanted gligar to be bulky which is why I chose careful nature, but it ended up being detrimental in that I should have chosen an offensive nature anyways. Despite this, gligar pulled through in some matches and provided a semi check to tangela and shut down fliers.

Scraggy@Rocky Helmet

Jolly, Shed Skin

36 HP 36 Defense 36 Special Defense 232Speed, 88Attack

-drain punch

-knock off

-fake out

-dragon dance

Scraggy was either very good for me or really bad. The main problem was I tried to do too much with it. The main purpose I brought it was to take care of sneasel, but I found other ways to alleviate sneasel. Rocky helmet was for chip damage, but it rarely attracted anything short of fake out. Dragon dance is not as effective for this set as drain punch and knock off are more supportive and defensive. Overall, I think I would have replaced scraggy with life orb meditite.

Misdreavus @Oran Berry

Bold, Levitate

EV's: Don't exactly remember, but it was way too technical to be effective :/

-Shadow Ball

-Toxic

-Pain Split

-Protect

Arguably my worst pokemon, as I didn't bring it out except for a couple matches where it performed decently. A toxic set and aimed to be defensive which was the worst mistake I could have made with it's more offensive power. Bold was a bad nature to begin with, and timid would have been preferred, in retrospect. I found pain split to be too weak for low level pokemon. Toxic would have been better replaced with thunder wave or will o wisp. Shadow ball was the only good move that helped mitigate everything wrong with this set. Overall, I would have replaced misdreavus completely, or change its set

Umm Scyther is NU not LC and Misdreavus I think is PU.
As The Avalanches put it, both scyther and misdreavus were fair game for this tournament. Also, while there are bans from certain pokemon, in this tournament the only eligibility requirements are that the pokemon be a 1st stage evolution. Also only eviolite is banned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)