ORAS OU LizardAndSavior (Reqs MScep squad)

Greninja

• Total voters

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The team:

FWG and Steel/Fairy/Dragon. This team was originally made to whittle down/trap MScep switchins and then proceed to snatch souls. This team got me my reqs for Gren suspect. Any feedback is appreciated, sorry for this fairly unnecessary section. :]

Feel free to ignore the nicknames.

LizardAndSavior (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (Naive if Rock Slide)
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain/Rock Slide

Ever since ORAS release I wanted to use this mega, and I finally got around to building a team. Pretty standard Mega Sceptile set here, I originally chose Leaf Storm + Giga Drain so I could have the ability to nuke and just have basic grass STAB + recovery. The reason I added Rock Slide as a potential move is because this team is very weak to CharY, a very threatening mon in the current metagame which otherwise (in conjunction with 1 or 2 other mons) destroys this team.

zzz (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The reason I added Rotom as oppose to any other mon that could make a nice FWG core is that it can eat up hits, very good pivot which also provides status and not a lot really enjoys switching in vs this due to fear of burn or giving me a free switch into another mon. Acts as a switchin vs quite a few offensive threats that might otherwise tear a massive hole in this team. Rotom is such a standard mon, keeps a lot of common threats in check.

NiceCounter (Heatran) @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

This set is slightly unusual. I originally had SpD Rocks tran here but I think this Heatran helps Mega Sceptile more because it can switch in vs and trap some of the things which wall or take on Mega Sceptile well. Sylveon for example, even the Specs set can take a Leaf Storm fairly well but Heatran can easily switchin vs Sylveon (bar HP Ground) and fire off a Magma Storm to trap it and kill it. Not a lot can switch in reliably vs this and (with other teammates) usually just ends up whittling down things like Keldeo. This set is also quite fun to use vs stall, which is a massive issue for this team.

Leftovers can sometimes lure people into thinking that it may be SpD Tran which can be very helpful due to things like Metagross coming in to get off the mega and fire off a Hammer Arm. Max speed tran also helps me out vs fast Mega Scizor which is also a massive issue for this team. This set whittles down the majority of its switchins and helps other mons to take on or sweep the rest of the opposing team. My team is also fairly weak to Mega Gardevoir/Diancie. Admittedly this isn't much of a counter as it dies to EPower/Focus Blast but it can allow you to pull doubles.

Magma Storm is also very spammable as there are few non-resists that switchin vs this tran, and most of those get trapped, taunted and toxiced.

DefogIsTrash (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

I went for the Pursuit set on Bisharp because my team was quite weak to some common threats and it allows me to whittle/knock out a lot of threats. Mega Metagross for one. One of the best megas right now, Sucker Punch does a ton to it so the majority of the time players aren't staying in, reveal Pursuit and that's another threat down. Also helps out vs MGardevoir because they don't want to take a Sucker Punch/Iron head. This can also trap a few mons which stop Mega Sceptile spamming Leaf Storms everywhere. Pursuit is arguably one of the best moves in the game in my opinion. Bisharp in general provides a nice steel typing for my team and is one of the best Knock Off spammers in OU. It can also prevent people defogging, which other options for this slot don't. Charizard (either) threatens my team severely so ensuring rocks are up is a very nice way to cripple it.

FatFuqnFairy (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower/Thunder Wave

Clefable is a very good mon. Provides a fairy for a nice steel/fairy/dragon trio and has an excellent support movepool. The reason I have 12 speed evs is because some things like Poison Jab Conk can run enough speed to outspeed this, ensuring the 2hko with jab after a little prior damage. I went with Max/Max because it lets be best take on Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, Latis and quite a few other threats in the metagame. As Heatran is running a Magma Storm set, this was left to be my rocker. I put flamethrower on because of the potential steel switchins like Excadrill, Bish(takes a lot from Moon but potential defiant), Metagross, etc. Thunder Wave cripples potential switchins and also stops things setting up all over this. This mon + Rotom are able to check a fair amount of the physical threats this metagame as it is.

Blue>Red (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Earthquake/Roost

Latios completes my little Fairy/Steel/Dragon trio, acts as a temporary switchin for certain threatening mons like Keldeo and Defogs while keeping up a lot of offensive pressure. I put Earthquake on because it helps me cover mons like Heatran which otherwise can switchin vs this thing happily and set up rocks/toxic/whatever. As Clef has (potentially) flamethrower and Heatran being on this team HP Fire was hardly needed. Roost helps this become a slightly better switchin vs mons like Keldeo because EQ variant is whittled easily due to lack of recovery. With Heatran and Clef covering mons like Ferrothorn and Scizor and this set having EQ (potentially) very few things can nicely switch in vs this monster's dual STABs. Also gives a bit more speed to the team.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/jnhQMQgv
This team isn't exactly amazing, I'll leave it up but I wouldn't honestly recommend using it. :/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)