Long time no team (Gen IV Mixed Tier Trick Room)

Hey Smogon, its been a while since I've posted a team. My friends and I recently have discover mixed tier, (2 OU/BL, 2 UU, 2 NU) and I've been trying to make a decent Trick Room team for it. For rating purposes, however, please assume threats as if it were an OU team (as you never know what 2 OU's are going to be used). Any criticism would be great!

My Team at a glance:

My team not at a glance:

Bronzong@Leftovers
Sassy
0 Spe IV
Levitate
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 SpD
Trick Room
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Explosion

I use Bronzong as a lead, which is pretty Standard for Trick Room. I use Sassy over Relaxed and Specially Defensive over Physically Defensive so that I can take Fire Blast from Azelf better (After Lefties, there is a pretty slim chance for Azelf to 2HKO). This leaves me more vulnerable to Machamp, but I can switch to Slowbro for that. Heatran causes me problems, but I can usually set up rocks while he sets up rocks predicting a switch, Trick Room while taking a Fire Blast, then Explode. 'Pert and Aerodactyl don't really scare me, as I can take surfs from 'Pert and Stone Edges from Aerodactyl all day.

Dusclops@Leftovers
Relaxed
0 Spe IV
Pressure
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Trick Room
Will 'o' Wisp
Night Shade
Pain Split

Practically Dusknoir without the attack stat and little loss in defenses. Dusclops covers my team's Scizor weakness and is a very reliable trick roomer. Will o Wisp gives my sweeper and easier switch in, Night Shade is an attempt to do damage to any opponent and hit ghost switch ins, and Pain split takes advantage of Dusclops' awful HP stat to heal itself for later and slaughter any blisseys.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Relaxed
0 Spe IV
Own Tempo
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Surf
Ice Beam/Psychic
Slack Off
Trick Room

My team really suffers against opposing Machamps, so I needed a counter, and Slowbro was perfect. Slowbro is slower than Machamp so it'll only take half power paybacks, DynamicPunch does barely any damage and own tempo prevents me from being confused, Bullet Punch is resisted and Slowbro can hit back with STAB surfs. Also, Slowbro is a reliable trick roomer, so after its taken care of the lousy Machamp, it can trick Room up.

Ampharos@Life Orb
Quiet
0 Spe IV
Static
252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
HP Ice
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Focus Punch/ Signal Beam

Ampharos is the first of three sweepers on my team. HP Ice and Thunderbolt are used for BoltBeam coverage, Focus Blast is to hit Magnezones and Lanturns who wall this as well has Tyranitars, and Focus Punch is used for Chansey/Blissey, while Signal Beam can be used to hit Celebi harder. I use Ampharos over Magnezone for better coverage, as Magnezone's movepool is absolutely awful.

Rhyperior@Life Orb
Brave
0 Spe IV
Solid Rock
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Def
Swords Dance
Fire Punch/ Megahorn
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Rhyperior is a great poke for any Trick Room team. Its whopping base 140 attack and low speed help it beat many teams in Trick Room. Generally, I like to bring Rhyperior on a weakened poke, Swords Dance, and wreak havoc. STAB Quakedge gives great coverage, while Bronzong, the only poke that walls this, is hit by Fire Punch, which is used over Megahorn for not only better power on Bronzong but also accuracy.

Honchkrow@Life Orb
Brave
0 Spe IV
Super Luck
132 HP/ 252 Atk/ 128 SpA
Sucker Punch
Drill Peck
SuperPower
Heat Wave

Honchkrow is the last sweeper on my team, and is my SkarmBliss breaker. Superpower hits Blissey while Heat Wave hits Skarm. Drill Peck is used over Brave Bird so that I am not worn down too quickly due to LO recoil and BB recoil, and Sucker Punch is used for another STAB move as well as allowing Honchkrow to function outside of Trick Room as well.

That's my team, please rate!

I think it's a great team for covering weaknesses and hitting hard but there is one flaw:
the clause that limits repeated use of the same item more than once.
you have 3 life orbs & 3 lefties.
Go for something like 1 life orb, 1 lefties, 1 mystic water etc.
But altogether it's a pretty sweet team nice job man!

Sorry for double posting but other than signal beam and sucker punch cresselia will wall you all day. So I think cresselia is your biggest counter.
Something to deal with her would be best.
Just some advice.
Noobz that's me!!!!!!

Hi! Pretty solid team. Just a nitpick but Seismic Toss is outclassed by Night Shade. This means you can hit Ghosts who switch in. Gl with your team.

Alright, thanks a lot guys!

@Danmire- Fixed, thanks for telling me =)

@Noobz- Can't afford to use anything besides Lefties and LO, Lefties for maximum healing and LO for maximum power without being choiced. Also, Cress does seem to pose a problem for my team, I'll slash in Megahorn on Rhyperior

@Plusle- Fixed, thanks!

Hm, now this I've seen only once before in a warstory.

There are other items out there that could work. For example, Rhyperior could use Choice/Muscle Band, Ampharos could use Choice Specs/Wise Glasses, and Bronzor could do a Trick set with... Choice Scarf. Talk about an idea, a Bronzor that slows the opponent with a Choice Scarf.
Just my 2 cents.

@Puffins R Cool Thanks for the feedback! Muscle band/wise glasses gives only a measly 10% extra power, while a choice item is a definite no in trick room, because Trick room is based on set up, switch out, and sweep, and a choice item has the risk of being walled by Skarm/other physical walls on the physical side and Bliss on the special side. I'll definitely try the choice scarf idea over explosion sometime.

You noted in Slowbro's description that he was slower than Machamps and will only take half damage from Payback, but under Trick Room Slowbro would be faster. If you really are worried about Machamps, you may drop Ice Beam for STAB Psychic. You may also need a supporter in this team, but with the 3 walls, it probably isn't necessary.

I'm also curious as to why you're using Dusclops over Dusknoir. Lower speed? (although there isn't much slower than Dusknoir anyway) The sake of using an NU pokemon?

Just my 2 cents, but this seems to be an extremely effective Trick Room team!

You noted in Slowbro's description that he was slower than Machamps and will only take half damage from Payback, but under Trick Room Slowbro would be faster. If you really are worried about Machamps, you may drop Ice Beam for STAB Psychic. You may also need a supporter in this team, but with the 3 walls, it probably isn't necessary.

I'm also curious as to why you're using Dusclops over Dusknoir. Lower speed? (although there isn't much slower than Dusknoir anyway) The sake of using an NU pokemon?

Just my 2 cents, but this seems to be an extremely effective Trick Room team!
Thanks for the rate! Thats a good point about Slowbro vs. Machamp; I generally set up Trick Room after killing it, so I'll slash Psychic in. Dusclops is just there essentially for using an NU poke, as this is a Mixed Tier team, and I didn't think there would be too much of a risk dropping Dusknoir for Dusclops

Maybe this combination doesn't happen to often, But Adamant Arcanine using an expert belt/ life orb, with thunder fang and flareblitz, can OHKO bronzong. And turn around and potentially OHKO SloBro. Not as devastating as Cressalia, but still would hurt.

Maybe this combination doesn't happen to often, But Adamant Arcanine using an expert belt/ life orb, with thunder fang and flareblitz, can OHKO bronzong. And turn around and potentially OHKO SloBro. Not as devastating as Cressalia, but still would hurt.
OHKO Slowbro? a max attack Arcanine holding a Life Orb will do 30-36% damage on his Slowbro with Thunder Fang. Plus he has Rhyperior who is also a full stop to Arcanine.

You only need 128 SpA EVs to OHKO Defensive Skarmory 100% of the time with Stealth Rock down. With 252 SpA EVs, you will never OHKO SpD Skarmory even with Stealth Rock, so there is no reason to maximize that stat since you are using Heat Wave only for Skarmory.
Put the other EVs into HP to help it take hits better.

OHKO Slowbro? a max attack Arcanine holding a Life Orb will do 30-36% damage on his Slowbro with Thunder Fang. Plus he has Rhyperior who is also a full stop to Arcanine.

You only need 128 SpA EVs to OHKO Defensive Skarmory 100% of the time with Stealth Rock down. With 252 SpA EVs, you will never OHKO SpD Skarmory even with Stealth Rock, so there is no reason to maximize that stat since you are using Heat Wave only for Skarmory.
Put the other EVs into HP to help it take hits better.
Alright, thanks guys! As said, Arcanine can't touch Rhyperior, who will just set up all over it. Changed the EV's of Honchkrow, thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)