Lopunny Dicussion

OFF TOPIC (kinda)
What I want to know is why Lopunny can learn the punches but Floatzel, which actually has arms cannot even learn Ice Punch.

Watch out for Gyarados.
Thunderpunch should replace Mirror Coat, otherwise Gyara will love switching in on you, use its Taunt and start sweeping.
you have a point, however, this is kind of pointless as not only are you faster, but can either charm it, or simply switch to a counter, who will be all too glad to take the taunt and kill gyarados.

and to even the least bulky of gyarados, thunderpunch won't be an OHKO without serious investment of attack EVs.

@Cactuar: In case you haven't noticed, Lopunny does indeed have arms. Look around it's neck area.

Lopunny is taking a Boxer's stance! :D I'd have to do some youtube searching but i'm certain I could find an anime ep subbed with Lopunny using an Elemental Punch attack.

Well, now that I see your team, you have WAAAAAY too many Psychic type Pokemon. That leaves you wide open to Bug moves. Since you have 3 Psychic Pokemon, I reccomend choosing 1 and sticking with it. If you like BPing, I say keep Espeon and lose Gardy and Zam.

Well, now that I see your team, you have WAAAAAY too many Psychic type Pokemon. That leaves you wide open to Bug moves. Since you have 3 Psychic Pokemon, I reccomend choosing 1 and sticking with it. If you like BPing, I say keep Espeon and lose Gardy and Zam.
where the fuck did this come from

this is a discussion about hobunni, not a RMT

If find this quite amusing, if Cactuar didn't think Lopunny's arms were arms, then what DID he think they were? I know where my money is.

That said there are a whole list of armless Pokemon that get Sucker Punch as well as the few Pokemon that get Iron Tail despite not actually having a tail.

Cactuar, those things on the front of Lopuny's body (beneath the face) in DP are in fact arms and those things below the frills are elbows and not...

Cactuar, those things on the front of Lopuny's body (beneath the face) in DP are in fact arms and those things below the frills are elbows and not...
...not boobs.

Anyway, Lopunny is weird. It's got a decent variety of both physical and special moves with not a particularly spectacular Attack or Sp. Atk stat. It's also a natural Switcheroo user since it's got Klutz.

By the way, don't just think about the first Switcheroo. If you start with an Iron Orb and switch it onto a Specsmence, you can then switch-out Lopunny for later and then Switcheroo the Specs onto something like a Ninjask or Bulky Gyara.

Lopunny @ Iron Orb
Stats: 252 Speed, rest split between HP and Atk | Jolly
Klutz
----------
Fake Out
Switcheroo
Sky Uppercut/Fire Punch/Thunderpunch/Ice Punch
Healing Wish

Fake Out for free damage, Switcheroo is obvious, an attack to counter whatever your team is weak against, and Healing Wish to re-use something else once Lopunny has done it's damage.

By the way, don't just think about the first Switcheroo. If you start with an Iron Orb and switch it onto a Specsmence, you can then switch-out Lopunny for later and then Switcheroo the Specs onto something like a Ninjask or Bulky Gyara.

Lopunny @ Iron Orb
Stats: 252 Speed, rest split between HP and Atk | Jolly
Klutz
----------
Fake Out
Switcheroo
Sky Uppercut/Fire Punch/Thunderpunch/Ice Punch
Healing Wish

Fake Out for free damage, Switcheroo is obvious, an attack to counter whatever your team is weak against, and Healing Wish to re-use something else once Lopunny has done it's damage.
You make me feel so silly. I hadn't even considered the possibility of reswitching their items altogether! Specs on Hera or Weavile would be so satisfying (even an Iron Orb on Weavile...mwahahah). I think I'm taking Ice Punch since no one else has an Ice or Dragon move to cover Mence et al. Sky Uppercut would be nice to have as another Dark counter, though.

As far as EVs go, I think I'll run 128 HP, 128 Atk, 252 Spd. Basic, yes, but I think that should balance out. If there is a more specific spread that I should use, let me know. I'm not so good at making EV spreads, but at least I came up with something.

Question about the chain, though: how would I get Fake Out, Ice Punch/Sky Uppercut and Switcheroo all on the same Lopunny? Tyrogue/Hitmonchan gets Fake Out and IP/SU; Persian gets Fake Out and Switcheroo; Hypno gets IP and Switcheroo. I can't seem to find a workable chain! =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)