Lucario sexy time. :D

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's the money you could be saving by switching to Geico. :) (OU RMT)

Now that I have your attention....

This is a team build around one of my favorite new Pokemon Lucario, trying eliminate or severely cripple his counters and checks. Hope you enjoy. <3

Team at a glance:

In Depth

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/48 Satk/4 Spd
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
---

Standard Swampert lead, sets rocks and beats most top leads, can also Scout opposing lead like Jirachi, block explosion from Metagross with Protect. That’s why I chose Protect over Roar since I believe this team doesn’t need the phasing all that much. I went with EQ and Ice Beam to hit both sides as hard as possible, and to have check for Salamence. The Evs are simple, 240 HP Evs hits a leftover number and the 216 Def hit’s a jump point in Defense. 4 Spd Evs lets me outspeed other Lead Swamperts by one extra point, this lets me beat them much more easier, the rest into Satk.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---

Comes into something that it could beat and scouts with u-turn, this allows me to easily predict late game because I now know his options, bullet punch for revenge killing or to do loads of damage, pursuit lets me trap those pesky ghost that makes Lucario job harder so he wouldn't have to worry about that, superpower for those steel pokes that expect either Bullet Punch or U-turn (like opposing Lucario and Heatran) on the switch for massive damage with in turn help Lucario job much easier. The Evs are simple here again 248 Evs instead of 252 so Scizor wouldn‘t take as much damage from Stealth Rocks, 252 Atk Evs is obviously to increase Scizor’s damage input, no speed evs because when I face opposing CB Scizor I want to go last to have the adavantage in U-turn and Superpower match-up

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/4 Spd/66 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---

Primary Gyarados/Heatran/Gliscor counter who are hard counters for luke. Vaporeon adds a much needed water absorbing ability on a team that doesn't have much water resists and wish support so my team can further help Lucario on his sweep, wish is to heal Vaporeon or a teammate who needs it so they can in turn help Lucario out, protect to help Vaporeon to live longer and scout opponents in turn, Surf is his primary attack to deal with the likes so Heatran and Gliscor and HP [Ele] is primary for Gyarados and other bulky waters. The 188 HP Evs hit’s a Leftover number which helps Vappy live longer, 252 Def Evs is for Vaporeon to take most physical attacks, 4 in Speed to outrun other Vaporeons and the rest into SAtk so Vaporeon can hit harder.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
---

The centerpiece of the team, the Pokemon that this team revolves around, my main sweeper….. can rip though teams and beat much of the common pokemon in the metagame by either 2hko or just destroying them altogether, After my team has weaken or eliminated some of Lucario’s problems and open the game up for him Lucario can destroy teams with just one Sword Dance. Close Combat and Extremespeed are obviously his main attacks, a 120 BP STAB coming from one of the best offensive type and the best priority is nothing teams should laugh at. Crunch is to deal with those ghost that scizor didn't finish off and to keep Ghost from walling this set. 252/252 is for Lucario to be as strong and fast as possible to help him complete his sweep. I try to keep Lucario hidden as long as possible so teams wouldn’t catch on to my plan.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 Atk/252 Spd/218 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
---

My main wall breaker and the dangerous Pokemon in OU, with this set he's capable of 2hkoing almost every Pokemon in the OU metagame, Draco Meteor and Outrage are his main attacks while Fire Blast and Earthquake are to deal with those steel Pokemons who resist dragon attacks. He also a very important part of my team, can weaken or beat Lucario checks and counters with his powerful attacks, Salamence usually nets 2 kills a game which open the game for Lucario to sweep and can be real hard to take out with Dual Screens behind him. The 252 Spd Evs to to maximse speed so he could beat or tied any +natured Base Speed 100 or lower pokemon. The rest are to balance Attack and Special Attack.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Thanks to Hyunwoo95 for this idea, anyways primary Lucario counter, can't risk a 50/50 change to either win or lose due to losing a speed tie with my Lucario, anyways he outruns other Lucario and ohko them with overheat. He also adds speed to my team which needs it and can hit other Pokemon hard with his decent 339 Sp. Atk. With his unique typing and movepool Rotom can coming in to most Steel types that could give Lucario trouble and shut them down. Trick lets me have the potential to ruin some pokemon like Snorlax/ Blissey who would wall this set, can also switch to Calm minders like Latias and Suicune and ruin their day too by tricking them an useless item. Anyways EVs here are simple, the standard 252/252 for max speed and power. (I’m also considering changing the EV spread to 66 HP/192 Spd/252SAtk and the Nature to timid to combat opposing Adamant Lucario even after tricking the Scarf…. Sounds good to you smogon?)

Defensive Threats

Blissey Scizor, Lucario (if without TW and FT) and Salamence. (Rotom can trick her too)

Bronzong Scizor, Rotom, and Salamence

Celebi Scizor, Rotom can beat it.

Cresselia Scizor, Rotom, Lucario

Donphan Swampert, Rotom, Vaporeon.

Dusknoir Umm, tricky though Rotom can handle it, and Lucario and Crunch it.

F
orretress Salamence, Vaporeon, Rotom.

Gliscor Swampert, Vaporeon, Rotom(to some extent)

Gyarados – Vaporeon should handle it with ease, as well as rotom

Hippowdon Swampert, Vaporeon, Rotom

Jirachi
Tricky little guy, usually scout with protect from Swampert and handle it from there. Rotom generally.

Rotom-A Standard rotom kill be outspeed and KOed by Lucario, My rotom can deal with defensive rotoms.

Skarmory
Salamence, Rotom, maybe Vaporeon.

Snorlax Scizor, Lucario, Salasmence if he’s weakened.

Suicune
Rotom generally would deal with it. Calm mind Sleep talking ones are walled all day and night by Vaporeon.

Swampert Tricky, my Swamp can take him down or just rely on my Vaporeon or Salamence.

TentacruelSwampert, rotom, Vaporeon.

TyranitarEveryone except Rotom. >_>

Vaporeon
Rotom, my vaporeon, Lucario.

ZapdosHmm, can be a *****. Depends, most likely Rotom or either Swampert or Salamence.

Offensive Threats

Azelf
Swamert using Protect, rotom, Scizor

Breloom Rotom, Scizor or Salamence

Dragonite Salamence or Swampert.

Dugtrio Umm, Swampert, scizor, rotom, Vaporeon can revenge kill it. Though only Luke fears him.

Electivire Swampert, Salamence, even Lucario.

Gallade Never seen him, maybe Swampert, Vapoeron, Scizor and Salamence can get rid of him.

Gengar Non-scarf ones can be dealt with rotom, otherwise Scizor most often .

Gyarados Vaporeon, and rotom

Heatran Vaporeon can Swampert can deal with it..

Heracross Swampert, rotom, Scizor and for non stone edge Heracross then Salamence can beat it.

Infernape Vaporeon, rotom, and my priority users.

Jolteon Rotom can revenge kill it, can my priority users can kill him if weaken, without HP Grass then Swampert.

KingdraVaporeon can wall him, rotom, Swampert I guess.

Lucario Rotom, and maybe Salamence.

Machamp Rotom, difficult to counter due to dynamic punch.

Magnezone- Can be a *****, Swampert can handle these without HP Grass, Rotom can revenge kill it.

Mamoswine Scizor, rotom, Swampert.

Metagross Rotom, Swampert, maybe Scizor

Porygon-Z
Rotom, Scizor, Lucario,

Salamence
I have to rely on SR/LO recoil can kill it with my priority users.

Scizor
Rotom, Swampert, Lucario and set up on him if locked to Pursui.

Starmie Rotom, Vaporeon, Scizor.

Togekiss Rotom, Swampert can ignore his TWs, Lucario can’t get flinched, Scizor

Tyranitar Pretty much everything. lol

Weavile Scizor, Vaporeon, Swampert, rotom(Revenge kill it)

Yanmega- Never see it, Scizor can beat it. Lucario can set up for the most part, rotom.

Zapdos – A ***** as I mentioned but rotom can deal with it.

Wow. I congratulate you for having the most standard team possible. This teams got all the top threats in the metagame.
Don't get me wrong, this is a great team.

Most sets are standard and don't need help much.

If you don't really need Duel Screens, I suggest using Rotom's Choice Set.

Rotom-H@Choice Scarf
Modest, 252 Sp. Atk 252 Spd 6 Hp
~Thunderbolt
~Overheat
~Shadow Ball
~Trick

It still counter Lucario like yours. High speed allows him to be a good revenge killer, if Scizor can't Bullet Punch for some reason. Trick would be good for messing up CM Suicune and Latias, which is always fun. What really makes this set stand out is that extra punch you get from the special side, as Vaporeon won't be sweeping teams.

Or, you can swap Rotom out if you want to put it on wifi with a Choice Scarf Heatran. It shares great synergy with Salamence and Scizor, and lures Surfs for Vaporeon to soak up. If you get a Heatran, then you'll have a team with the most OU pokemon I've ever seen.

The team looks really solid, but overall, my main advice is to test the team on Shoddy and find the threats on the team. Then you can change the team accordingly.

Good luck with the team.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Hmm, Scarfed Rotom-H sounds sexy. This team isn't the fastest out there, so the speed boost it gives is appreciated. And can mess up stall. I'll defiantly will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Bump, please help. :(

I'll get working on the threat list and the pokemon who most trouble me when I have access to a computer. (Wii-net posting ATM)

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
Bump, updated it a little. Please rate/help me someone.

I'm getting sad, will no one rate it because this team sucks so bad? Because I'm 9-0 so far with it. >_<

Or is it because it's bland and unoriginal?

There's not much to recommend about this team; with your wall-breakers, counters handled and team support, you have a solid, all-around team. If there are any threats that I can think of off the top of my head, I would be wary of Substitute Gengars, as they can easily catch your switch-ins (usually Scizor) off-guard and them him off with his Special attacks. As for Magnezone, Scizor makes a great lure for him, but I would be wary, as players will normally keep Magnezone until Scizor Pursuits or Bullet Punches someone to death and then essentially finish your Scizor off for free.

A phazing Zapdos, like one I use on my team, can especially dick up your team, especially since Salamence takes 25% every time due to Stealth Rock (I personally think your Swampert lead is perfect for the role, btw, since Lucario heavily resists the rocks), but I don't know who else can take Salamence's place as a wall-breaker. All of these problems are slight, though, as your team has great synergy and isn't going to allow your opponent any chances to set up or shuffle your team around. So, keep up the good work.

By the way, are you a member of Smash World Forums by any chance? You won't recognize me because I use a different identity on that site, but I think it's cool to find other people who love Smash Brothers and Pokemon. Cool stuff.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
There's not much to recommend about this team; with your wall-breakers, counters handled and team support, you have a solid, all-around team. If there are any threats that I can think of off the top of my head, I would be wary of Substitute Gengars, as they can easily catch your switch-ins (usually Scizor) off-guard and them him off with his Special attacks. As for Magnezone, Scizor makes a great lure for him, but I would be wary, as players will normally keep Magnezone until Scizor Pursuits or Bullet Punches someone to death and then essentially finish your Scizor off for free.

A phazing Zapdos, like one I use on my team, can especially dick up your team, especially since Salamence takes 25% every time due to Stealth Rock (I personally think your Swampert lead is perfect for the role, btw, since Lucario heavily resists the rocks), but I don't know who else can take Salamence's place as a wall-breaker. All of these problems are slight, though, as your team has great synergy and isn't going to allow your opponent any chances to set up or shuffle your team around. So, keep up the good work.

By the way, are you a member of Smash World Forums by any chance? You won't recognize me because I use a different identity on that site, but I think it's cool to find other people who love Smash Brothers and Pokemon. Cool stuff.
Cool, I'm glad you like my team.

Also, yes I'm smashboards and love Brawl (and Brawl+ too). :)

You have like the top 5 most common used pokes, and vaporeon who just annoys some teams.

Great team, a nice thing for vaporeon is ice beam over surf, you get near perfect type coverage, bar lanturn and magnezone, both who a physical vaopreon should run away from. Also, a salamance will hapily come in after a hidden power, and you wack it with ice beam, same with flygon, and gyrados, vice versa, and it does more damadge to gliscor. I had this vaporeon set, and I neaver made use of surf, Heatran just switches out and can't do much anyway, ice beam makes more sense in my mind and the bolt beam combo gives you something not standard on your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)