Luvdisc analysis for supporter in xy doubles

After seeing this statergy, have your opinions on this underrated fish changed

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I would just like to point out, that in NU singles, the take on luvdisc seems to be something that resembles a rain "sweeper" but if you take a look at those offensive stats, you will see that luvdisc is more geared towards a fast supporter pokemon.

I would like to present to you folks a plausible stratergy to use with this adorable little fishy in the xy doubles meta game.

Base stats:
43 / 30 / 55 / 40 / 65 / 97

Possible EV spreads:
Taking a look at these stats, it's best are speed and special defence, followed by defence then hp. Being a supporter rain pokemon, it would be wise to invest in its bulk and defences, so 252 hp and 126 defence and sp. defence with the scraps on sp attack seems to be work well (from my experience anyway) Or, if your team is not a rain one, you may want to take some of that hp and put it into speed.

Abilities:
Swift swim / Hydration

Either work decently, both of them require rain, so, as stated before, luvdisc's place is most certainly in the rain, being a supporter, you may want to consider using swift swim, as a heal pulse going first and saving your teammate is better than it going last and trying to heal your dead teammate's body.

Moves:
Scald / Aquajet / Waterpulse
Heal pulse
Attract / Sweet kiss / Toxic
Safeguard / Aqua ring / Lucky chant

Your first move is to either deal chip away damage if you have nothing better to do, chance getting a status or finishing off an opposing pokemon while your partner deals with the othe one
Heal pulse is for healing your teammate, simple as that
Your third move is to try and prevent the enemy from doing anything, or to deal damage while you support your team
Your third move is to support your team after your dead, or to make you stay around just a little bit longer

Hold items:
Focus sash: this will allow you to take a hit if your up against pokemon that out speed you and heal your teammate
Leftovers: this, coupled with aqua ring will prolong your existence

Statergy:
Lead with a pokemon who can setup rain, switch into a non setup sweeper and luvdisc and have luvdisc support the sweeper with heal pulse and status moves and your golden.

Weaknesses:
Anything that can outspeed you while rain is up / anything that can take a hit from your sweeper

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Luvdisc is far too frail to be viable in anything but LC. Additionally, that set is full of gimmicky options I would not be caught dead using. In the future, please test your ideas before proposing them. Locked.

You can check the viability rankings list or the suspect metagame discussion thread for ideas of good strategies in the doubles metagame, or head by the mentoring subforum or #mentor on irc for more personal help if you wish to learn more about doubles. Good luck in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)