Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
A pretty common M-Metagross set. This is what my team is built around, and I basically just clear everything that threatens it so I can come in and sweep. I have a thing for steel types, and it can counter the annoying fairies taking over the metagame. Ice punch is for dragons basically (mainly chomp). Zen Headbutt is obligatory STAB, Metoer mash is probably the best Steel type move Metagross gets, with that chance of a +1. BP is for STAB+Priority

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

My defogger and Metagross support. Draco is for killing stuff like Physical tanks, Psyshock is to kill Chanseys etc and Healing wish is mostly for my metagross, but sometimes for other pokemon too. I gave it lefties since.. well, I like orb didn't seem to fit too well. I kind of want to switch my EVs around to make it more defensive.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

My lead Pokemon, my stealth rock setter and poisonman. Also eats up physical hits, while dishing out damage. I usually conserve it, just setting up rocks and poisoning or withdrawing according to the situation. Dragon tail is to get rid of setups.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

This is a part of my team I'm quite unsure about. I do not know if I should run a Will-O-Wisp set or this set. Brave Bird is main STAB with priority. What I do with this, is basically try to free switch/switch into a pokemon that is sure to switch, Dance and sweep stuffs. The bad thing is, well, sometimes I usually waste the dances. Flare Blitz is for Fire STAB, and priority roost is done on predicted switch ins to negate stealth rock damage/any other damage. As usual, the reason it got into the team is because it pressures a few of Metagrosses checks

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
This thing made its way into the team because it pairs up quite well with Metagross, scaring ground types with Ice beam. Earthpower is for coverage against rock and steel (usually switch out, but just in case) Fusion Bolt is for anti-water. Roost is to negate life orb damage.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Again, another pokemon that pairs up well with Metagross. The standard TrapMagnet, for killing steel types, especially Skarmory and scizor. Flash cannon is for Fairy types and opposiong Kyurems. Volt switch is to gain momentum when I'm not sure what my opponent will switch into and T-Bolt is obligatory STAB for Flying and Water types

So yeah, thats the team, I really would like to get some suggestions to improve. Thanks. (Also yea I am pretty noob so uh maybe this team is pretty bad I dunno)

Hi! Nice team.
You can test Pursuit instead of Ice Punch or Bullet Punch in Mega Metagross, and change Kyurem-B by Keldeo, a good switch for Weavile, and taking advantage of Pursuit against Lati@s and other Psychic-types.
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I hope I have helped, have a nice day.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
A pretty common M-Metagross set. This is what my team is built around, and I basically just clear everything that threatens it so I can come in and sweep. I have a thing for steel types, and it can counter the annoying fairies taking over the metagame. Ice punch is for dragons basically (mainly chomp). Zen Headbutt is obligatory STAB, Metoer mash is probably the best Steel type move Metagross gets, with that chance of a +1. BP is for STAB+Priority

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

My defogger and Metagross support. Draco is for killing stuff like Physical tanks, Psyshock is to kill Chanseys etc and Healing wish is mostly for my metagross, but sometimes for other pokemon too. I gave it lefties since.. well, I like orb didn't seem to fit too well. I kind of want to switch my EVs around to make it more defensive.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

My lead Pokemon, my stealth rock setter and poisonman. Also eats up physical hits, while dishing out damage. I usually conserve it, just setting up rocks and poisoning or withdrawing according to the situation. Dragon tail is to get rid of setups.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

This is a part of my team I'm quite unsure about. I do not know if I should run a Will-O-Wisp set or this set. Brave Bird is main STAB with priority. What I do with this, is basically try to free switch/switch into a pokemon that is sure to switch, Dance and sweep stuffs. The bad thing is, well, sometimes I usually waste the dances. Flare Blitz is for Fire STAB, and priority roost is done on predicted switch ins to negate stealth rock damage/any other damage. As usual, the reason it got into the team is because it pressures a few of Metagrosses checks

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
This thing made its way into the team because it pairs up quite well with Metagross, scaring ground types with Ice beam. Earthpower is for coverage against rock and steel (usually switch out, but just in case) Fusion Bolt is for anti-water. Roost is to negate life orb damage.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Again, another pokemon that pairs up well with Metagross. The standard TrapMagnet, for killing steel types, especially Skarmory and scizor. Flash cannon is for Fairy types and opposiong Kyurems. Volt switch is to gain momentum when I'm not sure what my opponent will switch into and T-Bolt is obligatory STAB for Flying and Water types

So yeah, thats the team, I really would like to get some suggestions to improve. Thanks. (Also yea I am pretty noob so uh maybe this team is pretty bad I dunno)
Hey Blank, this is a cool team. I noticed from the get go that while type synergistically you covered a lot of threats, this team has trouble breaking stall, sand and hazard spam. Let's get to it.

Threats:

1. The standard Skarmory - Chansey - Quag cores that are found on stall are major annoyances to your team. In theory most of the stuff on those builds is threatened by Kyurem-B but Chansey hard walls it and barring a freeze / multiple Fusion Bolt crits Chansey will win one on one. Metagross obviously pressures it but Chansey has no reason to stay in on a potential hammer arm and just goes to skarm or quag, you can trap skarm but they often run shed shell for mag and quag really doesnt care about your gross set:
    252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 151-178 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  2. Excadrill looks very threatening when it comes in because between all three of EQ Iron Head and Rock Slide it can 2hko everything, obvs in practice it probs won't sweep you but you don't have many answers or any to switch in
  3. Manectric and Raikou to a lesser extent are extremely annoying, and Thundurus destroys you with any of Tbolt / hp ice / Focus miss because although latias can take a hit or two (two hp ices after rocks) it can't check it long term given it's also the keldeo switch and has no recover
  4. CharX is extremely threatening at +1 because Chomp is OHKO'd and you have no answer after that tbh, I guess BB after a forced Flare Blitz but that's sketchy
Changes:
  1. Azumarill > Magnezone, this helps a lot against sand, char x, and gives some nice power to break stuff down plus switch into heatran. losing zone hurts your matchup against steels though so i recommend changes to gross' set as well:
  2. I recommend Hammer Arm > Bullet Punch because while Diancie is threatening you really like being able to beat ferrothorn 1v1 as well as skarm without helmet or counter and without zone its really important to be able to beat those two. I also recommend Grass Knot > Ice Punch on Metagross. To be honest you have way redundant coverage given you already have a Lati and Kube which hit roughly the same targets with Draco and Ice Beam, and this change helps the matchup against quagsire so metagross can continue hitting stall.
  3. Recover > Healing Wish on Latias, to be honest hw is nice but your scarf keldeo switch once latias has been taken out/worn down is tflame and against fatter builds you really want to have recover so you can defog consistently and negate chip. I know you kept lefties for keeping it healthy but latias is so weak without a life orb that it really needs the damage output to stay relevant, especially when latios is better. keeping latias here is better tho imo because electrics are a pain for you and latios gets worn down way more quickly
  4. Endure > Toxic on Garchomp, toxic is nice for walls and all but you have gross kube and azu putting pressure on opposing walls, things like hippo and landot arent switching in very easily on your team.
That's about all I got for you, sound team but I feel like these changes help your matchups against the threats I mentioned. GL

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Hammer Arm

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Hi! Nice team.
You can test Pursuit instead of Ice Punch or Bullet Punch in Mega Metagross, and change Kyurem-B by Keldeo, a good switch for Weavile, and taking advantage of Pursuit against Lati@s and other Psychic-types.
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I hope I have helped, have a nice day.
Thanks, but I think Kyurem is a better check to Chomp and LandoTs. Will try Keldeo too though. Thanks again
Hey Blank, this is a cool team. I noticed from the get go that while type synergistically you covered a lot of threats, this team has trouble breaking stall, sand and hazard spam. Let's get to it.

Threats:

1. The standard Skarmory - Chansey - Quag cores that are found on stall are major annoyances to your team. In theory most of the stuff on those builds is threatened by Kyurem-B but Chansey hard walls it and barring a freeze / multiple Fusion Bolt crits Chansey will win one on one. Metagross obviously pressures it but Chansey has no reason to stay in on a potential hammer arm and just goes to skarm or quag, you can trap skarm but they often run shed shell for mag and quag really doesnt care about your gross set:
    252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 151-178 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  2. Excadrill looks very threatening when it comes in because between all three of EQ Iron Head and Rock Slide it can 2hko everything, obvs in practice it probs won't sweep you but you don't have many answers or any to switch in
  3. Manectric and Raikou to a lesser extent are extremely annoying, and Thundurus destroys you with any of Tbolt / hp ice / Focus miss because although latias can take a hit or two (two hp ices after rocks) it can't check it long term given it's also the keldeo switch and has no recover
  4. CharX is extremely threatening at +1 because Chomp is OHKO'd and you have no answer after that tbh, I guess BB after a forced Flare Blitz but that's sketchy
Changes:
  1. Azumarill > Magnezone, this helps a lot against sand, char x, and gives some nice power to break stuff down plus switch into heatran. losing zone hurts your matchup against steels though so i recommend changes to gross' set as well:
  2. I recommend Hammer Arm > Bullet Punch because while Diancie is threatening you really like being able to beat ferrothorn 1v1 as well as skarm without helmet or counter and without zone its really important to be able to beat those two. I also recommend Grass Knot > Ice Punch on Metagross. To be honest you have way redundant coverage given you already have a Lati and Kube which hit roughly the same targets with Draco and Ice Beam, and this change helps the matchup against quagsire so metagross can continue hitting stall.
  3. Recover > Healing Wish on Latias, to be honest hw is nice but your scarf keldeo switch once latias has been taken out/worn down is tflame and against fatter builds you really want to have recover so you can defog consistently and negate chip. I know you kept lefties for keeping it healthy but latias is so weak without a life orb that it really needs the damage output to stay relevant, especially when latios is better. keeping latias here is better tho imo because electrics are a pain for you and latios gets worn down way more quickly
  4. Endure > Toxic on Garchomp, toxic is nice for walls and all but you have gross kube and azu putting pressure on opposing walls, things like hippo and landot arent switching in very easily on your team.
That's about all I got for you, sound team but I feel like these changes help your matchups against the threats I mentioned. GL

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Hammer Arm

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower
Thanks a lot, especially for the Azu suggestion. I knew I had to switch Zone for something, didn't quite know what. I'll try these out and see how they work. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)