Spinarak (¬_¬)
Ariados
Kricketune
Sewaddle (¬_¬)
Swadloon
Surskit (¬_¬)
Masquerain
Smeargle

Nothin' from my testing has managed to work. Swadloon is surprisingly lacking in bulk after eviolite. Ariados did the best for me personally, able to actually damage things, but it wasn't great.

Users:

Spinarak (¬_¬)
Ariados
Kricketune
Sewaddle (¬_¬)
Swadloon
Surskit (¬_¬)
Masquerain
Smeargle

Nothin' from my testing has managed to work. Swadloon is surprisingly lacking in bulk after eviolite. Ariados did the best for me personally, able to actually damage things, but it wasn't great.
thanks.
Also Seismitoad, remove Venomoth from S Rank threats as he is banned.

Presenting: A Standard Scarf Abomasnow Team

Here is a really standard and easy to use team based around Scarf Abomasnow that I used to reach the top of the ladder. I currently have 2 alts in the 1500s using it. It is really effective in this meta, matching up well against most team archetypes. The premise of the team is to stack entry hazards with Klefki and Nidoqueen to weaken the opponents team and help facilitate a sweep with Abomasnow or Fletchinder.

Xatu @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Roost

Xatu is used to prevent hazards from getting up on my side of the field since the team is very weak to them. It is also a very capable Pokemon even without the Magic Bounce. Psychic coverage is fantastic and base 95 Sp. Atk and Speed is nothing to scoff at. Heat Wave is essential to hit Ferroseed and Klefki, two Pokemon that Xatu likes to switch in to bounce back hazards. Roost offers recovery and lets it switch in to weak hazard setters consistently. Giga Drain is useful to hit water types like Quagsire. Abomasnow does deal with water types well so another move could potentially be used in the slot. Dazzling Gleam can be used to hit Sableye, U-turn can be used to gain momentum, Calm mind can be used to function as a set up sweeper & Thunder Wave can be used to cripple things. 224 Speed EVs outruns Chatot and 32 HP EVs hits a life orb number. Also, Shiny Xatu looks super stylish.

Using a Rapid Spinner isn't too good since Sableye can spinblock and beat every spinner in the tier 1 on 1 and using a Defogger is also pretty bad since you have to waste a turn defogging and it will remove your own hazards as well; this team really likes having hazards up on your opponents side of the field to weaken things so Abomasnow can clean up with Blizz spam or Fletchinder can clean up with priority Acrobatics.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Toxic

The best support Pokemon in the tier. Spikes are instrumental in helping wear down teams. Klefki can spread status and Foul Play is used to hit Xatu on the switch and to make sure things cannot set up on it for free. Spikes, T-Wave, and Foul Play are standard. I like using Toxic in the last slot because Toxic is useful to wear things down for another member of the team to KO. Foul Play also accomplishes this task but priority Toxic is so useful to hit something if Klefki is weakened. You can use it to poison something like Vivillon before it can sleep you, breaking a potential focus sash and allowing Fletchinder to revenge kill without worry. Light Screen, Dazzling Gleam or even Flash Cannon can be used in place of Toxic, each filling a different purpose.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Hits like a truck with Sheer Force, LO boosted attacks. Nidoqueen was chosen as the Stealth Rock user since it has very nice synergy with Abomasnow, taking rock and fighting attacks directed at it. Its offensive presence can force switches and allow me to get up Stealth Rock reliably a lot of the time. I was using sludge wave earlier to deal with fairy types but fairy types aren't too threatening to the team with Klefki and Fletchinder so it was switched to ice beam which allows it to OHKO Xatu attempting to bounce back my rocks on the switch. Ice beam also deals a nice amount of damage to Golbat, making sure that it cannot defog with no repurcussions.

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

This thing forms such a great defensive duo with Klefki. Prankster status moves can pretty much keep any sweeper in check. Prankster taunt + wisp allows it to stall break. I chose a specially defensive spread since Sableye does have priority wisp to deal with physical attacks. Knock Off > Foul Play since you can recover up on Nidoqueen after knocking its Life Orb off. Sableye can block rapid spin and you can also use it to prevent a defog with priority taunt by predicting the switch to their defogger and switching this in.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Fletchinder has nice synergy with Abomasnow since it can take the fire and steel moves targeted at it and in return Abomasnow can take water moves launched at Fletchinder. Having a hard hitting priority move to check things that that are faster than Abomasnow such as a +1 Vivillon is invaluable. I originally had HP investment on it in order to take hits from the likes of Mawile better and although it was useful I switched to a straightforward 252 atk / 252 spe EV spread since opposing Fletchinder are a huge threat to this team and I want to be able to outspeed most variants or force a speed tie at the very least in case I am unable to paralyze it with Klefki. Fletchinder is also the teams Knock Off absorber. It can switch in to Knock Off users such as Pawniard and Sableye and proceed to threaten them with a hard hitting Acrobatics or a crippling burn from Will-O-Wisp.

If there is one member of the team that can be changed it is probably this. I have seen a variant of this team with Basculin in place of this. It offers the fastest priority in the tier and hits like a truck with Adaptability. You can also potentially balance out the team by adding something like a Quagsire to take hits but the defensive core of Sableye + Klefki can handle pretty much everything and having a offensive Pokemon in this slot is so useful because it can abuse the entry hazards to the fullest, forcing switches and just hitting hard. If you choose to not use Fletchinder then opposing Sableye can be annoying to the team.

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Finally, the star of the show. Abomasnow is an amazing wallbreaker and late game sweeper. I just click Blizzard with this 90% of the time. Ice Shard offers nice utility for picking off weakened, faster threats. Giga Drain and Earthquake for coverage.

Last edited:
I know people LOVE Scarf Abomasnow, but this set is also really great. Oh my lord.

Abomasnow @ Assault Vest
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake / Hidden Power Fire

Is that so? Do you have a set that I could use?

I've found this set quite useful. Although it gets walled by most things, (Klefki) you're really only gonna be setting up sticky web anyway.

Ariados @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sniper / Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn / X-Scissor
- Sticky Web
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak

Ok posting from a phone here so forgive me if its quick.

With all of this Abomasnow discussion I thought I might leave what I have found to be the best Abomasnow set which is Sub + 3 Attacks. This set is very effective at subbing up on opponent walls and doing damage to evrything with its amazing coverage. Soundproof is used to become a full Chatot counter and also because the hail doesnt really help many teams:

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Eviolite Swadloon is legit. Solrock and Lunatone put in work on the physical and special spectrum respectively. Not sure which one I prefer though. Solrock gives you STAB, Lunatone gives you set-up.

I think this set deserves some love:

Volbeat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Encore
- Baton Pass
-----
Volbeat is a great lead that can shut down many other leads while carrying out its duties. Zero IVs in attack to reduce confusion damage; this set has a defensive spread only because it's not going to be attacking. Use Substitute on the first turn to negate any statuses, and use Encore to trap the opponent in the move or any other non-damaging attack. Then, Tail Glow only twice and baton pass to a special attacker (I use Trick Room Lampent and LO Lunatone for this). However, this set does not come without flaws. If your opponent starts with an attacking lead (e.g. Basculin), you will be forced to switch out. In addition, Magic Bounce Xatu negates Encore which may or may not force you to switch out. Sableye will Taunt you 99% of the time, but use Substitute first to determine whether it will or not (I have seen quite a few Sableyes that do not have Taunt). However, if these Pokemon are eliminated, Volbeat is free to pass Tail Glows to his teammates and help them sweep without the need of setting up themselves.
---
^I'm sorry if that description didn't make sense but in general Volbeat is a great lead on a special-attacking team.

Mediocremons is too offensive to pull off a Baton Pass. Your opponent will be trying to attack you almost all the time.

Any good Aromatherapy/Heal Bell walls? looking for some since Sableye sometimes won't be able to Taunt Quagsire to prevent Toxic and w/e

EV

Banned deucer.
Any good Aromatherapy/Heal Bell walls? looking for some since Sableye sometimes won't be able to Taunt Quagsire to prevent Toxic and w/e
Lickitung can run Heal Bell. It has three decent abilities: Own Tempo to block Chatter bs, Oblivious to block Taunt, and Cloud Nine to shut down weather. Wish for recovery, Protect, Toxic, Dragon Tail, Seismic Toss, and Body Slam are all good secondary moves on it.

Edit: Wish is illegal with Cloud Nine fyi.

Last edited:
Lickitung can run Heal Bell. It has three decent abilities: Own Tempo to block Chatter bs, Oblivious to block Taunt, and Cloud Nine to shut down weather. Wish for recovery, Protect, Toxic, Dragon Tail, Seismic Toss, and Body Slam are all good secondary moves on it.

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald / Surf
- Rain Dance
- Rest / Roost

I've been testing out Swanna recently and let me just say that this thing is so good. It speedties with Basculin as being the fastest Pokemon in the tier. It can use Rain Dance to boost itself and spam 100% accurate Hurricanes and rain boosted Scalds. It can also act as a status absorber since Hydration cures it of status while rain is up which is especially noteworthy since Klefki cannot inhibit its sweep with a priority Thunder Wave. Rest provides an instant 100% recovery in the rain but Roost can also be used as a reliable form of recovery outside the rain. Surf can be used over Scald for a bit of extra power. Defog is also a viable option.

To demonstate how hard this hits:
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quagsire in Rain: 185-218 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- 70.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Unless you have a dedicated special wall like Eviolite Lickitung, there is not much that wants to switch in to this, especially since Scald does have that 30% burn chance and Hurricane does have that 30% confusion chance.

This can function as a great stand alone sweeper or as a member of a dedicated rain team. It deserves B Rank at the very least in my opinion.

Also, Swanna is an excellent offensive defogger, having the fastest Defog in the tier and having great coverage with Scald + Air Slash/Hurricane/Ice Beam. It also has Roost for recovery and is immune to Spikes and Sticky Web, unlike most spinners. As senable mentioned, it has great offensive presence, is great support for Rain teams and is tied with Basculin for being the fastest Pokemon in Mediocremons. It could rise to A rank IMO.

Recently I've been testing out this Swanna set that functions similarly to Mixed Offensive Defog Shiftry. The beauty if this set is that if you get prior damage on Quag, it can 2HKO both variants of it, as well as having a chance to OHKO Max HP Nidoqueen.

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
Hasty Nature
- Surf
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost/Ice Beam

4 Atk Life Orb Swanna Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Quagsire: 173-204 (43.9 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Nidoqueen: 330-393 (85.9 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Recently I've been testing out this Swanna set that functions similarly to Mixed Offensive Defog Shiftry. The beauty if this set is that if you get prior damage on Quag, it can 2HKO both variants of it, as well as having a chance to OHKO Max HP Nidoqueen.

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
Hasty Nature
- Surf
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost/Ice Beam

4 Atk Life Orb Swanna Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Quagsire: 173-204 (43.9 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Nidoqueen: 330-393 (85.9 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
Why not use Surf vs the Quag? I'm yet to see a Quag that is not Unaware.

Why not use Surf vs the Quag? I'm yet to see a Quag that is not Unaware.
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quagsire: 138-164 (35 - 41.6%) -- 74.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Quag can eventually stall you out of LO and Brave Bird can catch it by surprise on the physical side.

I've been toying with this idea for a while now - is rain stall viable?

we've got great stuff like Parasect, Swanna, and Klefki to work with, so wouldn't it work great in theory?

Your thoughts?

I've been toying with this idea for a while now - is rain stall viable?

we've got great stuff like Parasect, Swanna, and Klefki to work with, so wouldn't it work great in theory?

Your thoughts?
Golduck and Poliwrath are very good Swift Swim sweepers and Basculin appreciates the additional boost along with Adaptability. Klefki and Sableye both have priority Rain Dance and are both very good in general in MM, so Rain is more than viable.

Edit: Derp. I read the question as "Is rain still viable?" Rain is still viable, rain stall is not viable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)