ORAS UU Mega Blastoise - Hazard Stack

Hello!

I build a team for UU and I wanted to combine Hazards with a balanced team. It worked out pretty well, although I'm not that high on the latter with it, unfortunately. I started from a Fairy-Dragon-Steel core, because that is so good. From an offensive point of view, I chose for M.Blastoise, Toxicroak and Mamoswine. I will explain why I chose this mons.

1. Forretress
Forretress is an obvious choice on a hazard stacking team and it's the steel part of my core as well. He provides me with a bulky spinner, so I can run 4 offensive moves on my Stoise. Gyro Ball for fairy types and to deal with Mamoswine, who is otherwise a problem for my team. T-Spikes and Spikes to hazard stack, and rapid spin to remove opponent's hazards. This is 1 of my 2 physical walls. I need another one, because Darmanitan and Entei laugh with this wall.

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

2. Druddigon

This is my secondary physical wall and it helps me to deal with Darmanitan and Entei, who are pretty common in this tier. Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin provide me with some extra chip damage on these sweepers. I can punish my opponents to for switching out by clicking glare and paralyzing the incoming counter to my Druddigon. Stealth Rocks helps me with my hazard stacking tactic. Dragon Claw for STAB and Roar for phasing set-up sweepers and giving my opponent's pokemon some nice chip damage due to hazards. Fairy's are a problem for Druddigon, but I have my Forretress to switch in on that.

Spiky Mikey (Druddigon) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

3. Florges

One of the most important members of the team is Florges. She provides me with some special bulk and more important Wish passing to my other walls and to my bulky sweepers if need (very handy for Stoise). Aromatherapy heals all statusses on my team and Moonblast (STAB) hits pretty hard. Florges helps to deal with the likes of Hydreigon, for example.

Flower Power (Florges-Blue) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

4. Mamoswine

Each team in UU should run Mamoswine. That beast hits like a truck. He provides me with some nice priority in ice shard. It has become a little bit less useful after the Salamence ban, but it certainly wins me games. Icicle Crash and Earthquake hits nearly every pokemon in UU very hard, and knock off helps me to deal with fat mons who like to switch in like P2 and Cresselia.

Mamosh (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

5. Mega-Blastoise

Captain of the team is M-Blastoise. As I have Forretress as my spinner, this monster have a moveset who hits every single mon in the tier for super effective damage, except for fairy's. correct me if I'm wrong. Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere become also STAB because of my mega launcher, so I hit even harder. Most of the times I open with him, because people do not expect it and I can nuke some thing to start of with.

JCreamz (Blastoise-Mega) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

6. Toxicroak

My last mon is Toxicroak. I added him to the team because of 2 main reasons. First reason, Blissey, big problem for my team. After he revealed that he does not have t-wave, I'm super safe to switch this thing in and start to set-up if het decides to stay in, or hit someone else hard if he decides to switch. Substitute helps me to see what his plans are if I switch in on Blissey or avoid a incoming t-wave. Secondly, I need him to hid fairy's hard with poison jab, but I can't bring him in safely. :)

Vaseline (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

To conclude, my biggest problem on the team is Forretress. That thing is setup fodder for days, maybe I should tweak my hazard setting strategy a bit, and choose another pokemon, while putting rapid spin on Stoise. I also thought to maybe replace Toxicroak by Conkeldurr, and than remove Forretress by adding a better Steel type, who better handles Sylveon and Florges. Does anyone have ideas for me? Please bring it up!

Thanks a lot!

Personally, I prefer heracross over toxicroak in the last slot. Heracross can also set up on blissey with sub or sd, but can fire off a close combat which is much stronger than drain punch. Heracross can't do a whole lot to fairies without stone edge or EQ, but with much more powerful stabs, access to guts or moxie, and more natural bulk (which may matter if you run sub), I think it's a better choice. Coverage for fairies isn't important enough to keep toxicroak imo since they aren't too physically bulky naturally. Typically you will see a different typing such as chesnaught (heracross get aerial ace) or suicune/cress (heracross gets close combat/megahorn, respectively).

Toxicroak does offer a great scald immunity, but heracross fills in as arguably an even better switch in to scald with guts which makes it hit a lot harder than toxicroak. I like to run choice band for immediate power, but you could run something else if you want to run sub or sd. You could even build a bulkier heracross to avoid getting your sub broken, but i feel that running swords dance or a choice band would be a good fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)