SM OU Mega Lopunny Balance (Para spam version 2)

Hey guys back here again with another para spam team. This team isn’t the best if you’re really playing to win. But for stuff like ladder, room tours, or even friendlies, it’s the perfect team to annoy the hell out of your opponent. May your ELO prosper and your enemies suffer.

The defensive backbone of the team is still based around clefable + ferrothorn, just like my last RMT but the other mons have changed somewhat. The last mon can really be anything but this is the version I like the most.

TEAM BREAKDOWN

my anaconda (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows

Ah, good old zygarde. Most broken mon in the tier imo. This is my primary wincon vs many balance teams, sub to avoid status and leech as well as preventing almost every revenge killing from revenging you. Unless it's like a mega gardevoir or something. Coil lets me boost my atk so I can hit harder, while also letting me raise my defense so things like tapu bulu’s horn leech and lando-t’s earthquake don’t break my sub. Glare is what makes my Zygarde set unique. It allows you to glare switchins like scizor, clef, lando-t, tang, quag, or even mega slowbro. After they are para’ed it becomes a lot easier to set up on them or beat them 1v1 due to para hax. Scizor, clef, lando-t, are the easier ones to break through with hax. Tang, quag and mega bro are a bit harder to hax your way through, but not impossible. And of course last move thousand arrows, the move that makes zygarde as broken as it is. STAB 90 base power isn’t weak, and it allows you to hit any flying types that would be immune to ground type attacks. I run 188 hp so chansey can’t break a sub with a seismic toss, 252 atk with adamant nature so you can break better. 48 speed so you can outspeed a paralyzed scarf lele, and 20 spdef so gastrodon never breaks your sub with scald meaning you can sub up on it with ease.

spiky toy (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Next we have my spiker of choice, Ferrothorn. Ferro is my hydro pump and koko switchin (assuming no hp fire). Power whip hits things like fini, who can't be statused and is a nuisance to my team overall, and rain mons like Mega pert. Spikes to wear down the opposing team so something like mega lop or scarf lati can clean late game. Spikes also help chip switchins to zygarde such as tang, scizor, mega bro, and even unaware clefable. With enough hazards up, many zygarde switchins actually get 2hko’ed in the switch. Leech seed for recover and chip on your opponent's non grass types. Thunder Wave to para stuff like MMedi and heatran on the switch and help zygarde set up on those mons easier. The speed control is also very nice for zygarde because I don’t have dd on the zygarde.

the feel of feet (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

Next we have my fast mega can break through balance with enough hazards up as well as destroy offense. People really underestimate this mon, but it’s a lot stronger than people think and with a few full para’s, mons that would wall mega lop like clef, get 3hko’ed with ease . Return is my normal stab of choice, 102 base power means it’s gonna hit like a truck. It's also the highest base power normal stab move lop can learn so why not use it. High jump kick is my fight stab of choice, 130 base power is crazy strong, 2hkoing most mons that don’t resist and ohkoing those that are weak to fighting. The 90% accuracy and 50% crash damage kinda sucks sometimes, especially if they have protect. But at least you don’t have to worry about crashing through ghosts due to mega lop’s ability Scrappy. Thunder wave to para things that would usually come in on lop for free such as clef, pex, or even skarm. After they are para’ed it gives your lop a good chance to break through them the next time they come in. Last move is for supporting the team. Many times, vs fatter teams, lop just isn’t enough to break through your opponents team by itself. Zygarde is the best guy for that job. However, sometimes your opponent has many zygarde checks, all of which can weaken, cripple zygarde before it can rip apart your opponents team. Healing wish lets you heal up your zygarde so you can try again after their zygarde answer is already, weakened, or even dead.

P.S. You also outrun and ohko some of those modest mega zams running around. Keep in mind that modest zam’s are usually only run on balance type builds, so don’t just stay in with lop vs every zam you see.

piss is yellow (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Next we have my rocker, clefable. This set was pretty common in oras but less used now due to the twave nerfs. I still use it on my team because yellow is a good color. Stealth rocks because have no other rocker on my team. Moonblast for stab damage and to hit Mega Sableye and well as zygarde. Soft-Boiled for longevity so you can switch in on greninja’s dpulses and zygarde’s tarrows consistently over the course of the game. Nothing too surprising over here.

lati's ass (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Next is my choice scarf user, latias. It’s a very fast scarfer in the current meta only getting outsped by things like scarf greninja and hawlucha. Draco, and Psychic are main stabs for killing mons that are weakened, or weak to dragon or psychic. Draco also guaranteed kills kartana after 1 spike or 2 rounds of rocks or 1 instance of iron barbs which is important to note. Twave lets me cripple things, I can’t kill because the resist my attacks or they aren’t weakened enough. Last move healing wish so I can give my zygarde a total of 3 lives when combined with mega lop’s healing wish. This makes my zygarde the wincon of almost every game, because no matter how good ur zygarde answer is it can’t beat 3 zygarde's especially if it’s para’ed. On a side note vs more offensive teams, zygarde is less good and it's more up to mega lop to pull through. In those situations, healing wish can be used to revive mega lop or even clef or ferro.

anal beads (Thundurus) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last mon, can be many things really. I’ve tried variants with mimikyu, hexgar, tyranitar, or even volbeat. I like Thundurus the most however because it adds knock off support to my team which helps a lot vs things like shuca koko or wisp tran. Not only that, with prankster thunder wave, I’m able to cripple many things that even lati can’t outspeed. Things like hawlucha or even kingdra in the rain. Only real downside is that I can’t para dark types with it (rip prankster nerf) and you can’t para lele either. Thunderbolt is my basic electric stab, and hp ice lets me hit most grounds that are immune to electric. Electrium Z is really nice as a surprise 1 time nuke because Thundurus isn’t really that strong and many things are just straight up ohko’ed when they expect to at least eat 1 hit. Things like toxapex, sg magearna, kartana, and even tapu lele.

I’ve really been loving para spam teams because of how fun they are to play (and how not fun it is for my opponent). I’ve been getting kinda bored of the tier lately, which I guess everyone probably has as well due to the staleness of the meta. Playing para spam is the only thing that gives me the motivation to ladder anymore (OLT will too). I guess it's something about putting your life (points, but that's basically your life tbh) on the line in a gamble vs your opponent. The heart pounding rush of adrenaline when you’re betting your luck vs theirs. When the game leaves your control and it's all down to the system to see if you win or lose. To be full para’ed or to not be full para’ed. On a side note, it’s also really funny to rob people of their wins after you para them 10 times in a row.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-764203000

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-763523748

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-754251537

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-753893171

Keep in mind some of the ones up there are older replays with different variants on the team that I tried throughout the team building process.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768067786

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768074943

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768074457

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-768066477

Threats:

Most suicide leads are kind of an issue due to the fact that lop doesn't have fake out. Things like lead drill and lead lando-t are both really annoying. You can lead lop and bluff fake out vs lead drills tho. Only works higher up on the ladder. A lot of set up ground types also give me issues most concerning being zygarde. If my opponent is dd groundium or dd steelium or even banded iron tail, I could be in trouble because my clef would be either weakened or dead and I have no other switchins to that monster (ban broken zygarde). However, as long as they’re not a sub variant, I can revenge them with latias assuming I hit draco. Also if it's chipped a little bit and has not set up a dragon dance yet, or isn’t dragon dance at all. HP ice from thundurus does around 80 to even bulk invested zygardes. Next problem is toxic spikes. Tspikes only really has 1 viable user in toxapex and many people are opting to put toxic over tspikes on pex. Thank god. As you can see I don’t have a toxic spike absorber or a defogger so tspikes really ruin my day. So do webs, but that playstyle less common nowadays with veil/screens being the most common cheese found on ladder. Last but not least, Mew. Mew is really really annoying for this team. Both ferro, and clef are unable to get up hazards vs it, and it can even burn ferro. It’s a very good switchin to lop, as it walls and threatens lop with a wisp. Even if I twave it on the switch with lop, synchronize means that I get para’ed too. Same thing with zygarde. It switches in very well, threatens zygarde with an ice beam, and I can’t glare it unless I want to get para’ed as well. Thundurus doesn’t help much vs it either. Yes, you can knock off lefties and drop a gigavolt havoc on it, which kills after a knock off. But ice beam does a good 50% and without your z move you are completely walled by mew as well.

Those are the main weaknesses that I saw when playtesting the team, but there may be more weaknesses that I have missed, so don’t afraid to point those out. Constructive criticism is always appreciated. I hope you guys liked it anyways. Thanks for reading!

Pokepaste here if you wanna steal:

https://pokepast.es/03c3090705718639

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)