ORAS OU Mega Lopunny Team

Hello guys :3
(Sorry if my english is bad,i'm a brazilian girl,and "google translate" its a bad translate,so i'm using my english,i think that is the enough to understand)
I'm new in Pokémon Showdown,i'm still learning some things (if you have a text explaining some mechanics of the game,i will like).
I've created a team based on my Favorite Pokémon,Mega Lopunny,Lopunny don't have the ability to OHKO all pokémon in the game (obviously),and also,in some pokémon,Lopunny can't "OHKO" without Fake Out,for that reason,in my team,i have good defensive pivots,to switch Lopunny for it,making her only OHKO one pokémon,and after,getting out (except if the next Pokémon Lopunny can OHKO without Fake Out),also,my team have Pokémon that can cover Lopunny weaknesses.

Landorus-Therian
Messengelato (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian is the Stealth Rock setter that i choose,setting Stealth Rock in the field,Lopunny can OHKO other Pokémons much more easy,many times without need the Fake Out. That EVs,nature,ability and item maden it a good physical wall,that i can use to switch from Lopunny after a battle,how already explain my strategy with Fake Out.
Bisharp

Hootcake (Bisharp) (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Bisharp its a good Psychic,Fairy and Ice check/counter,covering some weaknesses of Landorus-Therian and Mega Lopunny. That EVs,nature,ability and item make it bulky physical pokémon,252 atk EVs and Black Gasses can make it OHKO many pokémon,also 252 HP can helpulf to use Swords Dance without be very punished,and OHKOing much more easily,i don't use 252 speed EVs because want to use principally the Sucker Punch,iron head and knock off are ocasional moves. (4 Speed EVs is to rarely outspeed a Pokémon with 70 base speed
Rotom-Wash

Chateau (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Rotom-Wash its a good special wall,that can check/counter many Water,Ground and Fire pokémon,covering Landorus-Therian,Bisharp and Amoonguss weaknesses.That EVs,ability,nature and item make it a good special wall,with a little of physical defense. His moveset its a basic moveset for a Rotom-Wash,Hydro Pump its your main STAB move,used to hit Ground and Fire types,Volt Switch can form a VoltTurn core with Landorus-Therian,also can be used to kill weakened Water-Types,and switching to other pokémon (that i go use) after the kill,will-o-wisp and pain split given a little of stall power.
Amoonguss

Chouxvailer (Amoonguss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoonguss its a good mixed wall,it can wall and stop many Pokémon,weakening to other Pokémon kill it more easily,also it can stop (slow,but can stop) Ferrothorn and Water and Ground pokémons. That EVs,ability,nature and item maden it a mixed wall,also with a good stall power,Regenerator is because i only use it to weaken some pokémon,and switch to other Pokémon kill,so regenerator can heal it,to me use this tactic many times,leftovers + giga drain maden it a good stall pokémon,HP fire can hit 4x dmg pokémon such as Ferrothorn and Scizor,and Spore its a good move to use.
Latias

Magileine (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog
Latias its a Special Sweeper pokémon,my second option,because can hit Physical Walls that Lopunny can't hit (such as Tank Garchomp). That EVs,ability,nature and item causes it to hit the more as possible,also having the more speed as possible,to outspeed the many Pokémon as can. Psychic is my main STAB move,Draco Meteor can OHKO dragon-types,and squish other pokémons without a good defense (such as Weavile),the the fall of the SPA is not a problem,because i have good defensive pivots to remove Latias from the field after was required to use Draco Meteor. Defog its a extremely good move,that removes boring hazards from the field,and healing wish can heal the hp of my pokémon after Latias can't battle anymore.
Mega Lopunny

Carry (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Return

The best for last,Mega Lopunny its my main pokémon in the team,i decided to base the team around the powerhouse of Mega Lopunny becauses i love it,haha. Mega Lopunny its a extremely good physical sweeper,that can "OHKO" many Pokémon with Fake Out,it have a insane speed,also a insane attack,AND ALSO,STAB moves with a insane power. My strategy is to use Mega Lopunny to "OHKO" a Pokémon with Fake Out + Return or High Jump Kick ,and after,leave the field,switching to a defensive pokémon,and when i can again,use Mega Lopunny to "OHKO" other Pokémon with Fake Out + Return or High Jump Kick,power-up punch is used to breaken a little of walls,also used to kill a extremely weakned Pokémon,receveing the boost off attack,helping to kill other pokémon without need the Fake Out. I don't like to use Ice Punch because don't is a STAB move,so it only can hits decent,return almost always can hit the same damage.

Importable
Carry (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Return

Hootcake (Bisharp) (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Chouxvailer (Amoonguss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Chateau (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Magileine (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Messengelato (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hey there,

Your team currently handles a lot of stuff well with the members it has, but I can also think of some stuff that it struggles with. Status, especially Will-O-Wisp from rotom or sableye, is very annoying to switch into. Your current amoonguss set also leaves you open to certain fairies that can beat it, like gardevoir, max atk diancie, and clefable. You are also very limited to switching in on lo kyurem, which can come in on amoonguss, lando, and rotom and your only ice beam resist is bisharp. Considering some of these issues, I came up with a way to fit clefable and rework the team, but I feel it changes your team too much, so instead, I will instead just optimize your sets to better handle things you struggle with.

My first suggestion is to use Lum Berry on bisharp, with an ev spread of 252 atk / 4 def / 252 speed (with an adamant nature). Lum berry allows you to be much capable of breaking through rotom or sableye by absorbing their will-o-wisp once. While sucker punch is indeed your main move vs faster mons when you need to sweep, bisharp also needs speed to outrun more slower and bulkier mons with the much stronger knock off or the steel-typed iron head. With max speed you can ensure you outrun azumarill (jumping the 200 speed tier in general, including 0 speed base 80's like mega venusaur), crawdaunt, any non-jolly tyranitar, and most rotom-wash. While bulk is nice when affordable, it is certainly not necessary for bisharp, and the speed is much much more useful. Even if you don't like max speed, I urge you to try it as 0 speed is really much to slow to properly be sweeping with bisharp, and I have a lot of experience with using sd bisharp in the past.

Secondly, you should use a Bold Nature on amoonguss, with the same EV spread, and clear smog > sludge bomb. Bold is important to help you switch into max atk diancie, and also allows you to tank a psyshock from modest mega gardevoir, meaning you can get off a spore on it or a switch-in early game. Clear Smog makes amoonguss a much more consistent answer to CM clefable, as with only sludge bomb, you won't be able to get pasted it once it gets enough calm mind boosts, even with spore and potential crits (0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 230-272 (58.3 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery).

You are also very weak to scizor and mega heracross. Physically defensive rotom gives you more options against these two, and is in general better than specially defensive rotom in this metagame. The evs can just be the standard analysis dex spread, nothing fancy necessary, since you also have lando-t to check fast mega scizor. Lando-T should use stone edge > knock off since its a more consistent move that allows you to hit substitute m-heracross and flying types like zard and talonflame as well, and knock off isn't necessary for anything specifically (and may actually be counterproductive for a bisharp sweep).

Finally, in the latias slot, you have some room to change things around based on how the team is playing. You didn't give much detail about how important healing wish is, so I thought it would be worth mentioning that using roost > healing wish might be better for the longevity. In this case, LO Latios will likely perform better than latias. Also, another option is to use surf > psychic since its a very good move in the current metagame to hit tyranitar, heatran, and bulky ground types, although it isn't as strong as psychic neutral stab. If you choose to keep psychic, you can also try out psyschock instead, which can deal some better damage vs specially defensive walls.

That's all I have for now, good luck with the team! :D

Hey there,

Your team currently handles a lot of stuff well with the members it has, but I can also think of some stuff that it struggles with. Status, especially Will-O-Wisp from rotom or sableye, is very annoying to switch into. Your current amoonguss set also leaves you open to certain fairies that can beat it, like gardevoir, max atk diancie, and clefable. You are also very limited to switching in on lo kyurem, which can come in on amoonguss, lando, and rotom and your only ice beam resist is bisharp. Considering some of these issues, I came up with a way to fit clefable and rework the team, but I feel it changes your team too much, so instead, I will instead just optimize your sets to better handle things you struggle with.

My first suggestion is to use Lum Berry on bisharp, with an ev spread of 252 atk / 4 def / 252 speed (with an adamant nature). Lum berry allows you to be much capable of breaking through rotom or sableye by absorbing their will-o-wisp once. While sucker punch is indeed your main move vs faster mons when you need to sweep, bisharp also needs speed to outrun more slower and bulkier mons with the much stronger knock off or the steel-typed iron head. With max speed you can ensure you outrun azumarill (jumping the 200 speed tier in general, including 0 speed base 80's like mega venusaur), crawdaunt, any non-jolly tyranitar, and most rotom-wash. While bulk is nice when affordable, it is certainly not necessary for bisharp, and the speed is much much more useful. Even if you don't like max speed, I urge you to try it as 0 speed is really much to slow to properly be sweeping with bisharp, and I have a lot of experience with using sd bisharp in the past.

Secondly, you should use a Bold Nature on amoonguss, with the same EV spread, and clear smog > sludge bomb. Bold is important to help you switch into max atk diancie, and also allows you to tank a psyshock from modest mega gardevoir, meaning you can get off a spore on it or a switch-in early game. Clear Smog makes amoonguss a much more consistent answer to CM clefable, as with only sludge bomb, you won't be able to get pasted it once it gets enough calm mind boosts, even with spore and potential crits (0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 230-272 (58.3 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery).

You are also very weak to scizor and mega heracross. Physically defensive rotom gives you more options against these two, and is in general better than specially defensive rotom in this metagame. The evs can just be the standard analysis dex spread, nothing fancy necessary, since you also have lando-t to check fast mega scizor. Lando-T should use stone edge > knock off since its a more consistent move that allows you to hit substitute m-heracross and flying types like zard and talonflame as well, and knock off isn't necessary for anything specifically (and may actually be counterproductive for a bisharp sweep).

Finally, in the latias slot, you have some room to change things around based on how the team is playing. You didn't give much detail about how important healing wish is, so I thought it would be worth mentioning that using roost > healing wish might be better for the longevity. In this case, LO Latios will likely perform better than latias. Also, another option is to use surf > psychic since its a very good move in the current metagame to hit tyranitar, heatran, and bulky ground types, although it isn't as strong as psychic neutral stab. If you choose to keep psychic, you can also try out psyschock instead, which can deal some better damage vs specially defensive walls.

That's all I have for now, good luck with the team! :D
Thank you for the suggestions,i already try,and it's working too better :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)