ORAS OU mega-scizor with t-spikes support pls come to brazil :] - peak 1700

yo. i am bored with ou so i decided building teams accordingly to the usage stats. this team was an effort to cover the most used pokemons in the 0-1500 points or so. thats the result. i believe it can go higher than 1700 but i didnt tried, as im building another team to cover the 1695-1800 usage list. i played it in regular ou ladder, but i believe it can be ok at suspect ladder aswell.

into the teambuilding proccess:

scizor is my favourite 'mon, best mega, and can switch reliably into big ou threats, like weavile, tyranitar, excadrill, diancie etc.

added scarf tyranitar because it beat common defoggers like zapdos and latios. is also good against chansey, gengar and heatran (to an extent) which had high usage below 1500. it became "less necessary" for this purposes as i got higher.

then i added clefable because is the best pokémon in the tier and synergizes well with its partners. good for mega-man, dragons in general and keldeo.

kyurem-black have good offensive synergy with mega-scizor, is a monster against stall and deal with lots of high usage pokémons, like rotom-wash, bulky grounds etc. im using lo four attacks to lure ferrothorn and skarmory, which walls me so far.

bandorus is the mandatory ground type and ground immunity. helps breaking with raw power and prevents excadrill from 6-0in me.

tentacruel is here because it spins, checks azumarill, serperior and is a secondary answer to keldeo. appreciates tyranitar support in killing hazar controllers, so i can click toxic spikes - it is not used much tho.

in depth, team is like

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

mega scizor is so good omg. it can pivot, take hits from weavile, tyranitar, diancie and excadrill and pressure defensive builds. set is pretty standard, smogon dex evs with swords dance and u-turn > knock off because i pivot more than i set up

swords dance: needed to pressure things like defensive lando-t, skarmory, gliscors, ferrothorns, jirachis and etc who will try to get free turns from you
roost: i swith it to a lot of attacks :]
bullet punch: best move in the game
u-turn: pivoting and getting advantage of weavile

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

standard scarftar has coverage to nail 6 of 10 most used pokémons at 1500-1695 range. isnt the best answer to some, but can hit heatran, excadrill, ferrothorn, and is always good versus latios, gengar and talonflame. Is my primary answer against birds in general, and starmie too.

Crunch: solid for neutral damage most of time D: and as a emergency button against mega metagross.
Pursuit: second best move in the game
Stone Edge: surprisingly, i dont click it just in front of birds. when it hits, is good to just dish out damage before dying
Superpower: i never actually clicked it, but can be handy against heatran and specially ferrothorn, which are kind of pain

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

BEST POKEMON lol is a blank check to not-so-strong special and physical attackers, like starmie and rotom-wash. is a reliable sr setter which will be around for the entire game. performance is good against common sr setters and defoggers, helps me not straight losing to keld and char x and twaves volcaronas for me.

Stealth rock: i decided not going for CM because i have other wincons and i wanted my other possible pokémons (tyranitar, landorus) with other roles. CM clef and offensive sr lando could work i guess
Moonblast: standard
Thunder Wave: pretty much mandatory to keep keldeo, charizard x and volcarona at bay, otherwise i just lose.
Soft-Boiled: sr with recovery is godsent.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

ITS A BEAST! murders landorus-t, heatran, rotom-wash, non-scarf excadrill, ferrothorn, garchomp, and can live one hit from talonflame and kill it. outspeeds azu, reks def starmie, skarmory and gliscor. those are all in the top 20 usage for 1500 ladder lol

ice beam: a must. if i find a bulky ground lead, i just send it to get a good start.
earth power: standard coverage D: outspeeds max spe heatran and adamant excadrill, so thats good
fusion bolt: standard coverage too
hidden power fire: only less common move in this set. i added it because lures steel types that otherwise are hard to beat, like scizor, ferrothorn and skarmory. it ohko scizor, but the other two need some chip damage first. 2hko in the worst scenario :]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

excadrill rolls over me so i slap landorus. i didnt want to be standard, so i'm using band because it also gets me immediate power, which i feel i needed. its fucking strong

earthquake - standard. band eq does tons of damage to neutral
stone edge - neutral coverage again
knock off - utility
u-turn - pivoting

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes

tentacruel did a better job than i expected, really. its main job is to keep grass types away, prevent setuping with acid spray, and layering situational toxic spike for great help in the long run. its spread makes it live psychic from mega alakzam (idk if 100%, but it did once lol), fire blast from char-Y and gengar shadow ball from full, if needed. its main job is check/wall clefable, azumarill and keldeo.

scald: standard. good thing is that this spread outspeeds defensive lando :] does not ohko, though
rapid spin: very important because kyurem-black is worn down way fast with hazards + lo recoil, and scizor do not appreciate them either
acid spray: sludge bomb can be used to handle serperior better i guess, but i prefer acid spray because tentacruel is not strong anyway, and acid spray prevents clefable calm mind sweep
toxic spikes: knock off can be used here, but i like t-spikes. it helps mega scizor late game cleaning, is good to worn down threats like keldeo, and team have kyurem-b to destroy common poison types that erases them.

so my conclusion is
that the team does well in its job of covering some of the most used pokémons in the ladder. it have some dam' glaring weaknesses like a well played charizard Y, Charizard X and Volcarona (and certainly many others), but still fun to use :]

importable is here http://pastebin.com/ysYzpwHC

and replays are there
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-469233835 - early forfeit
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-468978362 - kyurem-black
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-468950724 - scizor-mega
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-468941317 - t-spikes
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-468906732 - scizor-mega and landorus

I think you need to change acid spray on tentacruel to sludge bomb. You don't won't serperior to switch Into acid spray get +2 Spdef and then subseed your team to death.

Hi. Nice team you have got.

Looking at your team, here are some threats I found:
  • Medicham-Mega can 2HKO every single member in your team
  • Tornadus-Therian also 2HKOs your entire team - if it doesn't miss
  • Keldeo is annoying since your main checks to it do not have reliable recovery

Hence, here are some suggestions to deal with these threats:

PhysDef > Band
I understand why you want to run Bandorus but PhysDef Lando-T is so good for your team, checking important threats, acting as an important pivot. Big threats to your team that PhysDef Lando-T checks include Sand Driller, MMedicham and MLop. Thanks to it, you can come in safely on a High Jump Kick or a Iron Head, chipping them with Rocky Helmet in the process, discouraging them from attacking you further. Intimidate is a really handy ability too, allowing you to go into Clef pretty safely afterwards. In general, this provides much needed defensive utility for your team, allowing you to deal with big physical threats in the metagame more reliably so opponents don't plow through your team easily.

Calm Mind > Stealth Rock
Since you now have Stealth Rock on Lando-T, you can run CM on Clef instead, giving you a secondary wincon that can be used to win games even when MZor faints.

Choice Specs > LO; Draco Meteor > Fusion Bolt; Timid Nature > Rash Nature
Since you're running an All-out Attacker mostly-Special set, you might as well run Specs for extra damage and no recoil. This allows you to surprise some opponents with Specs-powered Ice Beam/Dracos, dealing a lot of damage in the process. Since it's now a Specs set, it doesn't really make sense to run a Physical move so you might as well run Draco instead. Also, with the additional power of Specs, you can afford to run a positive Speed nature, outspeeding any mon below 95 Base Speed and even non-positive Speed nature Base 100s.

>

Latios was chosen over Tentacruel as your hazard remover as it does a better job checking Keldeo thanks to reliable recovery in Recover. This allows it to come in multiple times on Keldeo, healing off the damage taken, which Tentacruel can't do. Although this change makes you miss out on Clefable and Azumarill, MZor already checks these mons so it doesn't really matter. Latios is also a decent source of Speed for a pretty slow team of yours, allowing to revenge kill mons below 110 Base Speed such as Keldeo and Zard Y. What's more, with a solid SpA stat and LO, its Dracos are not something to joke about, dealing massive damage to things that don't resist / aren't immune to it.

>

Rotom-W was chosen over Scarf TTar as it complements your team really well defensively. Not only does it form a VoltTurn core with MZor and Lando-T, but it also has good defensive synergy with them, resisting one anothers' weaknesses. By pivoting around, you generate momentum, which means you will generally have the upper hand over your opponents, making them react to your moves. TTar was chosen as the replaced mon as - like you said - isn't really doing much for your team anymore. This is pretty much due to the fact that your team isn't weak to Psychics - the main target of TTar's Pursuit. I chose to run 128 Speed EVs on Rotom-W to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and burn it with Wisp before it runs down your team at +2.

Here are the sets:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hi. Nice team you have got.

Looking at your team, here are some threats I found:
  • Medicham-Mega can 2HKO every single member in your team
  • Tornadus-Therian also 2HKOs your entire team - if it doesn't miss
  • Keldeo is annoying since your main checks to it do not have reliable recovery

Hence, here are some suggestions to deal with these threats:

PhysDef > Band
I understand why you want to run Bandorus but PhysDef Lando-T is so good for your team, checking important threats, acting as an important pivot. Big threats to your team that PhysDef Lando-T checks include Sand Driller, MMedicham and MLop. Thanks to it, you can come in safely on a High Jump Kick or a Iron Head, chipping them with Rocky Helmet in the process, discouraging them from attacking you further. Intimidate is a really handy ability too, allowing you to go into Clef pretty safely afterwards. In general, this provides much needed defensive utility for your team, allowing you to deal with big physical threats in the metagame more reliably so opponents don't plow through your team easily.

Calm Mind > Stealth Rock
Since you now have Stealth Rock on Lando-T, you can run CM on Clef instead, giving you a secondary wincon that can be used to win games even when MZor faints.

Choice Specs > LO; Draco Meteor > Fusion Bolt; Timid Nature > Rash Nature
Since you're running an All-out Attacker mostly-Special set, you might as well run Specs for extra damage and no recoil. This allows you to surprise some opponents with Specs-powered Ice Beam/Dracos, dealing a lot of damage in the process. Since it's now a Specs set, it doesn't really make sense to run a Physical move so you might as well run Draco instead. Also, with the additional power of Specs, you can afford to run a positive Speed nature, outspeeding any mon below 95 Base Speed and even non-positive Speed nature Base 100s.

>

Latios was chosen over Tentacruel as your hazard remover as it does a better job checking Keldeo thanks to reliable recovery in Recover. This allows it to come in multiple times on Keldeo, healing off the damage taken, which Tentacruel can't do. Although this change makes you miss out on Clefable and Azumarill, MZor already checks these mons so it doesn't really matter. Latios is also a decent source of Speed for a pretty slow team of yours, allowing to revenge kill mons below 110 Base Speed such as Keldeo and Zard Y. What's more, with a solid SpA stat and LO, its Dracos are not something to joke about, dealing massive damage to things that don't resist / aren't immune to it.

>

Rotom-W was chosen over Scarf TTar as it complements your team really well defensively. Not only does it form a VoltTurn core with MZor and Lando-T, but it also has good defensive synergy with them, resisting one anothers' weaknesses. By pivoting around, you generate momentum, which means you will generally have the upper hand over your opponents, making them react to your moves. TTar was chosen as the replaced mon as - like you said - isn't really doing much for your team anymore. This is pretty much due to the fact that your team isn't weak to Psychics - the main target of TTar's Pursuit. I chose to run 128 Speed EVs on Rotom-W to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and burn it with Wisp before it runs down your team at +2.

Here are the sets:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n
Hi, I was reading through your rate and just wondering, wouldn't it make more sense to use Kyurem>Kyurem-B? Kyurem has higher SpA and always 2hkos clef with Ice Beam, I don't think having less bulk is too big of a deal.

Hi, I was reading through your rate and just wondering, wouldn't it make more sense to use Kyurem>Kyurem-B? Kyurem has higher SpA and always 2hkos clef with Ice Beam, I don't think having less bulk is too big of a deal.
It's definitely a viable option. As such, it would depend on the user, whether he wants the surprise factor (of Kyurem-black) or the additional power (of regular Kyurem).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)