SM OU Mega Zam + Terrakion Balanced Team

Hey guys, i've created a team with MegaZam+Terrakion Core, i've battled sometimes, and i think my team is very nice, because it's the way i like it. First of all, i'm not english, so, i'm so sorry if my english is very bad, i don't like to use Google Translate. Secondly, i really like firepower on my teams, i love dmg, i love fast KOs, i love speed, but i really love defense too, pokémon like chansey are my favorite, chansey is a good wall, has utility, has a form of reliable recovery, has a good dmg with seismic toss, anyway, chansey has 1001 utilities. This is a basic team, the standard format 3 sweepers and 3 walls (including a support) , a mixed wall, a special wall, and a physical wall (Although both chansey, ferrothorn and toxapex handle both types of dmg). I love the fact that my team can switch many times without losing a pokémon for this, this gave my several forfeits, but i get the feeling it's incomplete, i will explain it better now.
The Teambuilding Process
- Mega Alakazam was the first pokémon i chose, why i love it, yes, i always choose the first pokémon of my team based on the love that I feel for him, but obviously i do not choose non-viable pokémons, kazam is a good special sweeper, with an absurd speed and special attack.
- Terrakion was the second pokémon i chose. Mega Alakazam is very fragil but very fast, also, mega alakazam is weak against Special Walls, Dark,Ghost,Psychic and Steel Types, and Faster Threats. Terrakion deals with Dark and Steel types, and Special Walls, while being able to bait and weaken or defeat some Ghost and Psychic types, especially Psychic-types, Terrakion is also some bulky, compensating the fragility of Mega Kazam.
- (Battle Bond) Greninja was the third pokémon i chose. Greninja is dark-type, completing the Psychic/Dark/Fighting core, Greninja deals with Psychic and Ghost types, problem for both Terrakion and Mega Kazam, Greninja also weaken some problematic Fairy-Types, especially Tapu Fini, Greninja is very fast and can provide an easy late game sweep, while also providing momentum for both Terrakion and Mega Kazam with U-Turn.
- Ferrothorn was the foruth pokémon i chose. Ferrothorn provides utility support with Spikes, Leech Seed and Thunder Wave, while also beating some Fairy-Types with Gyro Ball, but your main role is to counter/check some of Mega Kazam checks, especially Physical Attackers such as Mega Scizor.
- Toxapex was the fifth/sixty pokémon i choose. Before Toxapex, i had chosen Landorus-T, forming a Thorn+LandT core, but i don't like the lack of recovery of Landorus-T, for that i chose Chansey as my Special Wall (and stealth rock setter, supplying the lack of Stealth Rock setter without Landorus-T), and Toxapex became my Physical Wall, and i really like the absurd recovery of Toxapex with Leftovers+Regenerator+Recover, and your utility with Toxic, Scald and Haze too, but i don't like your lack of dmg.
- Chansey was the sixty pokémon i chose. How already said, i really like chansey, chansey provides many support conditions, namely Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock and Natural Cure. Chansey completes the core Mixed/Physical/Special Walls core.
The Sets
Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic - Substitute - Signal Beam - Hidden Power [Fire]
Mega Alakazam - Psychic is your main STAB move, that i preffer than Psyshock. Substitute avoid Sucker Punch and Status moves, while being extremely useful if i predict a switch, Signal Beam hits Psychic and Dark-Types, while Hidden Power Fire hits Steel-Types, especially (Mega) Scizor and Ferrothorn, i don't like the Focus Blast (for dark and steel) + Shadow Ball (for psychic) set.
Terrakion @ Rockium Z Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature
- Close Combat - Stone Edge - Swords Dance - Quick Attack
Terrakion - Close Combat and Stone Edge are your best STAB moves, Rockium Z Continental Crush OHKOes some Pokémon without to rely with the low accuracy of Stone Edge, while also OHKOing some Pokémon that Stone Edge can't OHKO, Swords Dance boosts your Attack to higher levels, extremely useful especially if i predict a switch, while Quick Attack revenge kill some weakened pokémon, most notably the terror of Dugtrio.
Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump - Extrasensory - Dark Pulse - U-turn
Battle Bond Greninja - Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse are your stronger STAB moves, U-Turn provides offensive momentum, Extrasensory powerful hits Fighting-Types, while also being able to KO some Poison-Types, remembering Greninja is Water-Type, struggles against Grass-Types, and a lot of Grass-Types are Poison-Types too, Extrasensory also does a good dmg against Tapu Fini, most notably Extrasensory KOs Toxapex, Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes - Leech Seed - Gyro Ball - Thunder Wave
Ferrotorn - Spikes... Is spikes, durr... Leech Seed provides recovery, while annoying a lot, Gyro Ball is your only STAB move, especially KOing Faster Threats like Mega Kazam, and Fairy or Ice-Types, Thunder Wave weaken a lot of threats, while helping Ferrothorn to beat some pokémon 1x1.

Toxapex @ Leftovers Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD Bold Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald - Haze - Toxic - Recover
Toxapex - Scald is your only viable STAB move, dealing a little dmg even against super effective pokémon, becaming viable with the 30% burn chance. Haze stops pokémon that try to set up against the passivity of Toxapex, Toxic cripples some pokémon, especially Walls, being his only way to defeat them, recover helps toxapex to became always healthy.
Chansey @ Eviolite Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD Bold Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave - Seismic Toss - Stealth Rock - Soft-Boiled
Chansey - Maximum DEF investment is needed, why without this Chansey is KOed even by an Feeblas Tackle, haha, and eviolite boosts your Defenses, that means chansey doenst need SpD investment. Twave cripples faster threats, Seismic Toss is your only away of dmg, Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, and Soft-Boiled recover Chansey's HP.
Problems
Strong Wallbreakers such as Mega Medicham are problematics, untouchables pokémon such as Mega Beedrill and Tapu Koko too, but most notably, Fighting-Types, Grass-Types and Ground-Types, are really problematics, Heatran too.

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey. Im not english too and I am in mobile so sorry, I am spanish.
First, fix the toxapex sprite is too big. In my second rmt "the zoo" I had to fix all aprites because were 32x32 but they look like 300x300, I think it is because you use wikidex sprites.
Second, your team lacks a ground type and a ground inmmunity, you need maybe a landorus, but idk where to put it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)