Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every Mega needs +60 in a stat, a new ability, a new type, and 3 new moves. No legit Mega gets all of those at the same time. Scizor only gets slight stats boosts, and the most extreme cases are Blastoise and Heracross with 3 new moves and a new ability (as well as 60 Atk for Heracross but eh)

Also how is Weezing a Flying type in any way? Because it floats? That's not flying, it's why he has Levitate. Flying would give more weaknesses than resistances espescially because Weezing resists Fighting, Grass, and Bug already.

For something totally unrelated: Why does that Mega Octillery not have Aqua Jet? Perfect for something with such low speed, Trick Room or not.

And Archeops is just barely missing stats. 75/140/65/112/65/110 -----> 75/180/85/126/85/110
That's +40 Atk, +20 Def, +14 SpA, +20 SpD, 6 points missing. Not to be rude but people need to check their math (and/or not being so fussy about stats and just allotting them by 5's or 10's)

Last edited:
Rules specifically stated only one mega. You ignored those rules. Be thankful either of them are submitted.

I have a concept for Hitmonchan which fits the boxing thematic really well, as well as the fact that Hitmonchan is the defense-leaning Hitmon. It involves lowering Hitmonchan's speed [The opposite of what I did for Hitmonlee], and giving it Analytic, making Mega Hitmonchan a 'Counter-Puncher'.
Sorry, thougt they were still allowed since I saw Mega Xs and Ys for both Golduck and Slowbro

Just a reminder to people thinking up Mega Hitmonchans:

Remember Hitmonchan has access to Agility. Don't make it hit *too* hard unless you're making it slow, or else Hitmonchan could be almost unstoppable after an Agility, especially if it's getting even more power from Iron Fist.

I'm personally being very cautious with my speed for Hitmonchan. I want Agility MegaChan to be an option as a late-game cleaner, although it loses the advantage of Analytic when it does this. [Unless running Revenge]. Hence, it sacrifices power for the speed.

Qwilfish

Original Base Stat Total: 65 / 95 / 75 / 55 / 55 / 85 ---> 65 / 105 / 115 / 55 / 95 / 95

That's exactly what the google doc says^

What's it's type? Ability?
The Google Doc REALLY needs to be fixed.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't really like Ninjask's new Mega at all. It has very little reason to be used at all. You said that now it can revenge kill Charizard X:
252+ Atk Ninjask Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 302-356 (101.3 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
which is true but:
252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Psycho Boost vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 300-355 (100.6 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Deoxys-S is just a much better choice, doing only slightly less damage with Life Orb. Also to get Ninjask in you have to take 50% of your health away, which is not exactly dandy. Deoxys-S is also way more unpredictable since it has a huge movepool, with things like Magic Coat, Spikes, Superpower, Elemental Punches, Ice Beam, ect.
+1 Jolly Charizard outspeeds neutral natured Deoxys, and Deoxys never runs neutral nature because it outspeeds ScarfChomp, a common set.

That being said I agree that Ninjask is a shit mon in general, and the mega hardly makes it any better imo. It's hard to buff unless you give it like +50 attack and actual good movepool, like eq/superpower/stone edge and/or rock slide/etc. And a good ability.

Also, the char X is calc in incorrect, every good char X nowadays runs at least 120 HP EVs.
That's not true. It's very relevant. DD CharX still runs the traditional 252/252/4.

Just a reminder to people thinking up Mega Hitmonchans:

Remember Hitmonchan has access to Agility. Don't make it hit *too* hard unless you're making it slow, or else Hitmonchan could be almost unstoppable after an Agility, especially if it's getting even more power from Iron Fist.

I'm personally being very cautious with my speed for Hitmonchan. I want Agility MegaChan to be an option as a late-game cleaner, although it loses the advantage of Analytic when it does this. [Unless running Revenge]. Hence, it sacrifices power for the speed.
It does lose out on LO so unless it gets +50 Atk it's not going to be too much trouble. For all improving his bulk could be worth, Hitmonchan still has a puny 50 base HP. Seems susceptible to revenge killing with all the priority going around, specifically to Talonflame.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
+1 Jolly Charizard outspeeds neutral natured Deoxys, and Deoxys never runs neutral nature because it outspeeds ScarfChomp, a common set.

That being said I agree that Ninjask is a shit mon in general, and the mega hardly makes it any better imo. It's hard to buff unless you give it like +50 attack and actual good movepool, like eq/superpower/stone edge and/or rock slide/etc. And a good ability.

That's not true. It's very relevant. DD CharX still runs the traditional 252/252/4.
No it doesn't, good players will tell you to use 120 hp zard 252 atk 136 speed adamant zard X as it is the best dd set right now. Jolly Zard X is horseshit that is rarely used on a higher level of play and tbh that ddance spread right now is even barely being used by noobs.

Poison Flying makes sense if and only if council changes Muk to a Water type and Garbodor to a Ground type, you know, because of that water-air-land pollution shit.
It would actually be awesome and I fully support this, expecially because all three typings are widely unexplored typings.

I have an awesome idea for Jynx but it's hard to explain without making submissions, and i fear it would be somewhat hard to code(it's a field effect a bit similar to Dark Aura), but w/e

It does lose out on LO so unless it gets +50 Atk it's not going to be too much trouble. For all improving his bulk could be worth, Hitmonchan still has a puny 50 base HP. Seems susceptible to revenge killing with all the priority going around, specifically to Talonflame.
I'd be more worried about bulk up annihilating everything after a setup. Bolsters its presumably lacklustre defence and sends its attack sky high, with high jump kick in mind. But then, with all the new mega threats it's hardly going to be the most broken thing we see.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For Hitmonchan, I really just wanna do the same as I did to Hitmonlee: just buff what's available. Give it Iron Fist, more attack, more speed, and a bit more bulk.

No it doesn't, good players will tell you to use 120 hp zard 252 atk 136 speed adamant zard X as it is the best dd set right now. Jolly Zard X is horseshit that is rarely used on a higher level of play and tbh that ddance spread right now is even barely being used by noobs.
Jolly DDZardX is still a legit sweeper, not "horseshit", since it outspeeds Jolly Scarf Exca and Lando-T, which adamant can't at +1. It's definitely not horseshit. Bulky DD (which uses a different spread than your 120/252/136) and offensive DD are both legit sets and you're disregarding them. I do agree however that non-Adamant DD doesn't show CharX's full potential as a fucking scary sweeper/wallbreaker.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
For Hitmonchan, I really just wanna do the same as I did to Hitmonlee: just buff what's available. Give it Iron Fist, more attack, more speed, and a bit more bulk.

Jolly DDZardX is still a legit sweeper, not "horseshit", since it outspeeds Jolly Scarf Exca and Lando-T, which adamant can't at +1. It's definitely not horseshit. Bulky DD (which uses a different spread than your 120/252/136) and offensive DD are both legit sets and you're disregarding them. I do agree however that non-Adamant DD doesn't show CharX's full potential as a fucking scary sweeper/wallbreaker.
jolly dd isn't a thing, ask any tour player, OU expert or anyting. It's a niche set used on the ladder to beat revenge killers, which it does only to lose to every goo d quagsire stall team at the top of the ladder. Offensive DD is that spread, that is the priary spread for offensive dd, and aside from more hp investment, there really is no other standard bulky dd set

Qwilfish

Original Base Stat Total: 65 / 95 / 75 / 55 / 55 / 85 ---> 65 / 105 / 115 / 55 / 95 / 95

That's exactly what the google doc says^

What's it's type? Ability?
The Google Doc REALLY needs to be fixed.
That is not the current google doc it literally says that in the OP so don't come to me with problems about the original doc because they've already been addressed.

Mega Mantine nice catch on Archeops, but DW that's an old submission I make sure in the final draft all the BST are the original plus 100

Poison Flying makes sense if and only if council changes Muk to a Water type and Garbodor to a Ground type, you know, because of that water-air-land pollution shit.
It would actually be awesome and I fully support this, expecially because all three typings are widely unexplored typings.
They don't need to be the literal types of what they represent (also because Flying != air). Grimer and Muk are one of four Pokémon that learn it by level (others being Tentacool and Tentacruel) while Weezing and Garbodor can't at all.

Also, Garbodor should not be the one with the worst defensive typing of all of them. It already does, now counting Mega Muk, but I'd rather not make it worse.

That is not the current google doc it literally says that in the OP so don't come to me with problems about the original doc because they've already been addressed.

Mega Mantine nice catch on Archeops, but DW that's an old submission I make sure in the final draft all the BST are the original plus 100
Where is the current doc?

Last edited:
They don't need to be the literal types of what they represent (also because Flying != air). Grimer and Muk are one of four Pokémon that learn it by level (others being Tentacool and Tentacruel) while Weezing and Garbodor can't at all.

Where is the current doc?
It's private right now as I don't want to crowd this thread with stuff from the doc I'll show it as soon as it's finalized and will try to trickle out a few more Megas with write ups.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Also how is Weezing a Flying type in any way? Because it floats? That's not flying, it's why he has Levitate. Flying would give more weaknesses than resistances espescially because Weezing resists Fighting, Grass, and Bug already.
Weezing can be considered part flying because it represents air pollution, and flying is the closes thing we have to an "air" type. I personally would only back it up if we made Mega Muk part Water (which is too late, but water pollution) and Mega Garbodor part Ground (land pollution). Still, I think Fire / Poison with Levitate is the best.

Also I have to echo the concerns with Mega Ninjask. I don't see it doing much as long as Deo-S is here, as I feel he does it much better.

Weezing can be considered part flying because it represents air pollution, and flying is the closes thing we have to an "air" type. I personally would only back it up if we made Mega Muk part Water (which is too late, but water pollution) and Mega Garbodor part Ground (land pollution). Still, I think Fire / Poison with Levitate is the best.

Also I have to echo the concerns with Mega Ninjask. I don't see it doing much as long as Deo-S is here, as I feel he does it much better.
Still not buying it. They represent different forms of pollution, doesn't mean they have to be the literal types.

Plus Poison / Ground is a mediocre defensive typing. I feel that the point is to make viable Megas for everything rather than design everything flavour-wise.

Why does everyone want Poison/Fire? What justifies that? It's a poison cloud designed to look like a germ. Where's the fiery bit coming from?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why does everyone want Poison/Fire? What justifies that? It's a poison cloud designed to look like a germ. Where's the fiery bit coming from?
I think it's because of Flamethrower and maybe Explosion that people want the extra Fire-type. Or perhaps it's because Poison/Fire with Levitate would be the best defensive type in existence.

Last edited:
Mostly because it learns some Fire moves, and gas is combustible, plus Explosion like Valmanway said. And not everything has to be absolutely perfect flavorwise, it's not like we're changing it to a Grass type or some shit. :/

I think it's because of Flamethrower and maybe Explosion that people want the extra Fire-type. Or perhaps it's because Poison/Fire with Levitate would be the best defensive type in existence.
Lots of things learn explosion and/or flamethrower that aren't fire.

And poison/fire + levitate still has weaknesses to Rock, Psychic, and Water. I really don't understand why this is so desired.

Okay, I'm going to explain mega Ninjask more in-depth as there is some negativity towards it. First of all we had to ensure that mega Ninjask wasn't bulky enough to set up easily because of speed boost which if mega Ninjask was strong enough would be pretty broken. But you guys are forgetting a couple one important thing about Ninjask.

Typing change: Ninjask gets a very different typing upon mega evolving not only does this give Ninjask better attacks but it turns the time before mega evolving into a prediction war v. the opponent since ninjask though not bulky can take resisted hits your opponent has to predict of Ninjask will stay the same or mega evolve allowing Ninjask to get off a swords dance pretty easily. Also mega Ninjask is immune to t-wave making impossible to cripple.

It's not the best mega but there are reasons to use if over Deoxys-S and Ninjask is a pain to balance because of speed boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)