Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently working on implementing this as mod for Showdown here on my Github Repo. If anyone wants to help on development PM me. However, I cannot be able to host it because I don't have time to have a server. If anyone volunteers to host this please follow the instructions listed on the README file.
btw, nightsitter on acestriker19 's original thread it said that every Pokemon can mega evolve with Abomasite, but now we have Pokemon that have 2 megas (arcanine, articuno,...) what will our mega stone be for these pokemon?
Agreeing with Jay that regular Megas should use Abomasite, X Megas should use Charizardite X, and Y Megas should use Charizardite Y. Thanks so much 00001111a for working on coding!

Mega Mantine, your Suicune submission only added 90 points to the BST, so I threw 10 more into attack. I hope this is okay with you.

Tagging Mew King because I think he's still doing the slates. Take your time if you need it.

Yeah, I ended up getting busy in the middle of the day, plus when combined with the late results I just told myself (and forgot to tell the rest of you) that I'm going to push voting until either tonight or tomorrow morning whatever I'm less lazy about.

Being the main point of contact for 69 students and the professor of the course plus trying to do the stuff I need to get my PhD can really take up a person's time :P

The following slate schedule is not official. It is merely a rough guideline of which Pokemon we will be covering in the near future.
9/24-9/27
Ambipom
Armaldo
Azumarill
Cacturne

9/27-9/30
Castform
Celebi
Chimecho
Cinccino

9/30-10/3
Delcatty
Drapion
Flygon
Glalie

10/3-10/6
Gorebyss+Huntail
Hariyama
Jirachi

10/6-10/9
Illumise+Volbeat
Kecleon
Lumineon

10/9-10/12
Lunatone+Solrock
Luvdisc
Magcargo

10/12-10/15
Mandibuzz
Milotic
Minun+Plusle

10/15-10/18
Raichu
Regice+Regirock+Registeel

10/18-10/21
Relicanth
Seviper
Shedinja
Swalot

10/21-10/24
Swellow
Torkoal
Tropius
Wailord

10/24-10/27
Walrein
Zangoose
Kyurem
Kyurem-Black
Landorus-I

10/27-10/30
Thundurus-I+Tornadus-I
Thundurus-T
Tornadus-T
Landorus-T
So if we stay on track (which isn't gonna happen), then we should be finished by the end of next month. I'll add this to the OP shortly.

After we're done, however, I'd like to take a look at some of the previously-created Megas. I've compiled a list of Megas I feel aren't at all viable and another of Megas I feel might be slightly too strong. We can obviously deliberate, but we should wait until we truly have Megas for all before doing so.

Last edited:
I think Lumineon's been done before. It had an X and Y and one of them had Simple+Quiver Dance, which I remember seeing recently because it stopped me from submitting a Simple Mega Beautifly.

I think Lumineon's been done before. It had an X and Y and one of them had Simple+Quiver Dance, which I remember seeing recently because it stopped me from submitting a Simple Mega Beautifly.
It also had Tail Glow, so I wanted the balancing council to discuss that before I put it in

It also had Tail Glow, so I wanted the balancing council to discuss that before I put it in
That was the main problem. There was a tie with the Simple + Quiver Dance and the Tail Glow one and if it keeps Tail Glow then the Simple one becomes broken. If it loses it, then the Tail Glow one becomes unviable. I have a feeling we should probably, after we're done vote on pairs and see if we ACTUALLY like them.

But, alas for that, it's slate time. PM your top three to nightsitter

Current Slate

Mega Beautifly
Type: Bug/Flying -> Bug/Fairy
Abilities: Swarm/Rivalry -> Proboscis (All attacks return 100% of damage dealt to the user; naturally HP-draining moves double in power)
New Moves: Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Power Gem

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 70 -> 70
Def: 50 -> 65 (+15)
SpA: 100 -> 145 (+45)
SpD: 50 -> 65 (+15)
Spe: 65 -> 90 (+25)
BST: 395 -> 495

Mega Beautifly becomes even more brilliantly colored like Xerneas' horns. Defensively, the Bug/Fairy typing keeps the 4x Fighting resistance while giving the well-known advantages of Fairy as a defensive type; offensively, the Flying typing wasn't doing it any favors since Beautifly didn't learn Air Slash or Hurricane. Giga Drain and Draining Kiss are both 150 BP after the boost. Mega Beautifly still has pitiful defenses, but chances are something will have to do 100% to it to KO thanks to all the health it can siphon off.

It will always be walled by something thanks to Fire and Steel types resisting both STABS, but Power Gem, Quiver Dance, and Hidden Power can ensure success against individual counters with proper prediction. Even then, its Draining Kiss is 90% as powerful as Xerneas' Moonblast, so frailer resists can still be overpowered.

Mega Beautifly
Type: Bug/Flying -> Bug/Flying
Def: 50 -> 80 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 115 (+15)
SpD: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 75 (+15)
Abilities: Swarm/Rivalry -> As Called For (Moves that have a chance to change stats will always change stats, whether from Beautifly or hitting it)
New Moves: Hurricane, Ancient Power, Charge Beam

Concept: Beautifly has 1 mission: survive 2 or 3 turns of Silver Winding and proceeding to use Shadow Ball/Psychic/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball Everything into -SpD oblivion. Be careful though, said stat change moves WILL effect you as well.

Beautifly
Bug/Flying --> Bug/Flying
Ability: Swarm/Rivalry --> Tinted Lens
Stats: 60/70/50/100/50/65 --> 60/70/80(+30)/130(+30)/70(+20)/85(+20)
New Moves: +Air Slash +Focus Blast +Psyshock
Mega Beautifly is an offensively-inclined Quiver Dancer, and the only Mega one with Tinted Lens. It doesn't not need coverage as much as the others, but needs much more support with sub-par defenses and speed. It's a shame that it has all that wasted Attack unlike Dustox. :/

Mega Beautifly
Ability: Swarm/Rivalry -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Heat Wave, Moonblast

SpA: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpD: 50 -> 70 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Beautifly becomes magical, gaining the Fairy type and Magic Guard in the process. Moonblast is for STAB, and Heat Wave because practically all bad Flying types have it.

Competitive Concept: Frail sweeper that can deal surprisingly heavy damage. Moonblast/Heat Wave/Shadow Ball has perfect neutral coverage outside of Pyroar (and maybe a new Mega or two), so it can seriously nuke some shit. Quiver Dance is the BOMB.

Beautifly (Beautiflite)
Type: Bug/Flying -> Bug/Flying
Abilities: Swarm (Rivalry) -> Tinted Lens
New Moves: Air Slash, Sleep Powder

Def: 50 -> 70 (+20)
SpD: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spe: 65 -> 95 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Beautfily's wings elongate and develop sharper edges. Its eyes glow different colors depending on the angle they are viewed.

Competitive Concept: With Tinted Lens and a great 140 Special Attack, Beautfily can hit a lot of things hard and has great coverage. It makes a riskier user of Quiver Dance than Vilillon.

Typing: Bug/Flying (same)
Abilities: Swarm (Rivalry) -> Glimmer (Boosts Def and SpD by 50%, just like eviolite)
Movepool Additions: Air Slash, Earth Power

Hp: 60 -> 60
Atk: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spe: 67 -> 117 (+50)

Flavor Concept: It becomes glittery, and its colors become more fluorescent. Its eyes turn green.

Competitive: Set up sweeper. It has quiver dance and wants to use it. It has earth power for coverage and air slash for more power. Glimmer helps it set up a few, then helps it when it tries to sweep also, possibly protecting it from being OHKOed by priority.

Mega Dustox
Type: Bug/Poison -> Bug/Poison
Abilities: Shield Dust/Compound Eyes -> Toxic Cloud (automatically uses Toxic on the switch/MEvo)
New Moves: N/A

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 70 -> 115 (+45)
SpA: 50 -> 50
SpD: 90 -> 145 (+55)
Spe: 65 -> 65
BST: 385 -> 485

Dustox's radioactive eyes have irradiated the powder that surrounds it, affecting the entire battlefield. It's not worth even trying to give this an offensive presence, so Mega Dustox is all about wearing down the opponent with passive damage from Toxic and Infestation. Dustox is so bad that I'm wondering if the ability needs to be upgraded to automatically use Toxic at the end of each turn to make Mega Dustox viable.

Mega Dustox
Abilities: Shield Dust/Compound Eyes -> Sudden Onset (Poison Moves +1 priority)
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Clear Smog, Venom Drench

Def: 70 -> 120 (+50)
SpD: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 75 (+10)

Concept: Dustox becomes the anti-Beautifly and the best Quiver-Passer there is. With Prankster, you can ensure an escape from anything. Topsy-Turvy needs no explanation, so I hope. This is the most annoying halt to hyper sweep setup you'll find. Most efficient? Maybe not, but how many can simultaneously pass Quiver Dances?

Dustox
Bug/Poison --> Bug/Poison
Ability: Shield Dust/Compoundeyes --> Filter
Stats: 60/50/70/50/90/65 --> 60/50/120(+50)/70(+20)/110(+20)/75(+10)
New Moves: +Heat Wave +Dark Pulse +Thunder Wave
Mega Dustox could function either as a bulky Quiver Dancer or as a general supporting wall. Most of the stats are dumped in Defense so that the rest of the stats that it needs can be boosted via Quiver Dance. Filter makes it tough to kill, especially since it cannot be poisoned.

Mega Dustox
Ability: Shield Dust/Compound Eyes -> Simple
New Moves: Heat Wave

SpA: 50 -> 80 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 90
Spe: 65 -> 85 (+20)

Flavor Concept: It’s just a simple moth, and it’s capable of using Heat Wave, just like most other Pokemon that can fly.

Competitive Concept: Bulky setup sweeper that’s hard to stop once it gets going. While it has very little immediate power, Mega Dustox doesn’t take long reach crazy levels of power and sweep. Moonlight is a neat tool if you prefer to go the bulky route.

Dustox (Dustoxite)
Abilities: Shield Dust (Compound Eyes) -> Regenerator
New Moves: Night Shade, Thunder Wave

Def: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpA: 50 -> 70 (+20)
SpD: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 75 (+10)
BST: 385 -> 485

Flavor Concept: Dustox's wings become the color of the moon, glowing faintly.

Competitive Concept: Dustox makes the most of its typing. It's immune to Toxi and makes great use of Regenerator with U-turn. Night Shade provides a reliable source of damage and Thunder Wave allows it to do more for the team.

Mega Dustox
Typing: Bug/Poison (same)
Abilities: Shield Dust (Compound Eyes) -> No Guard
Movepool Additions: Stun Spore, Sleep Powder

Hp: 60 -> 60
Def: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 105 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Becomes shrouded in an odd mist. Its body becomes green and its wings become purple. The antenna and eyes become red, while the legs and rings become blue.

Competitive: Has the rare ability to use a 100% accurate sleep inducing move. And it can outspeed a lot of threats. It can also paralyze pokemon and have a 100% accuracy toxic. It also now has some ok defensive stats, but not good enough hp to be counted on. Still not too useful.

Mega Ludicolo
Type: Water/Grass -> Water/Grass
Abilities: Swift Swim/Rain Dish/Own Tempo -> Swift Swim
New Moves: Weather Ball

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpD: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Spe: 70 -> 70
BST: 480 -> 580

Just a good Rain attacker that doesn't get locked in with a Choice item or worn down with LO recoil. Weather Ball can be a happy medium between Surf and Hydro Pump. The huge Special Defense makes it usable outside of its native weather as well.

Mega Ludicolo
Water/Grass -> Water/Grass
Swift Swim/Rain Dish/Own Tempo -> Drizzle
New Moves: Calm Mind

80 -> 80
70 -> 70 (+0)
70 -> 110 (+40)
90 -> 110 (+20)
100 -> 130 (+30)
70 -> 80 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Ludicolo's sombrero becomes massive. Let's give it some maracas as well. Mexican Duck Kappa, awayyy!

Competitive Concept: Water/Grass is wonderful defensive typing, and with Drizzle is gains a pseudo-resistance to Fire while still resisting Water. Its Water STAB deals fantastic damage, but its true claim to fame is 80/110/130 defenses with a typing that allows it to run Leech Seed without common Grass weaknesses to Fire and Ice. Moreover, Scald keeps passive damage going with burns while making it even bulkier. Or you've always got Ice Beam to stop birds as well as Grass types that resist both STABs and are immune to Leech Seed.

Or, Scald can be used to boost Ludicolo's physical defense while Calm Mind boosts its Special bulk, as well as its power. A simple Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam/Calm Mind set works great in the rain, and with Mega stats, is far more viable now.

Ludicolo
Swift Swim/Rain Dish/Own Tempo -> Drought
New Moves: Fireblast, Flamethrower, Overheat

70 -> 120 (+50)
90 -> 130 (+40)
100 -> 130 (+35)
70 -> 45 (-25)

Concept: As a complete 180 from rain, this makes it the counterpart to Shiftry as a sunsetting water type. Yea, don't look too into it, it's all about playing against the type here and going against expectations.

Mega Ludicolo
Type: Water/Grass -> Water/Grass
Ability: Swift Swim/Rain Dish/Own Tempo -> Precision (See spreadsheet for description)
New Moves: Aqua Jet

Atk: 70 -> 130 (+60)
Def: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpA: 90 -> 90
SpD: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 80 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Most of Ludicolo’s Pokedex entries state that it likes to dance, so Mega Ludicolo is a very precise dancer. That should justify Precision, and Aqua Jet is added because Game Freak would definitely give it to a Water-type Precision user.

Competitive Concept: Mega Ludicolo has a plethora of hard-hitting attacks, coverage, and utility moves to keep it viable. Few Pokemon experience 4MSS to such great extents, but that just adds to its unpredictability. Aqua Jet and Bullet Seed are absolute must-haves, as they strike with enormous power. Other viable moves include Substitute, Leech Seed, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Zen Headbutt, Power-Up Punch, and Fake Out.

Revenge Killing:
252+ Atk Precision Mega Ludicolo Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 96-114 (23.7 - 28.2%)
252+ Atk Precision Mega Ludicolo Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 144-171 (35.6 - 42.3%)

Wallbreaking/Sweeping:
+2 252+ Atk Precision Mega Ludicolo Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 163-193 (48.8 - 57.7%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Mega Ludicolo Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 428-508 (121.5 - 144.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ludicolo (Ludicolonite)
Type: Grass/Water -> Grass/Water
Abilities: Swift Swim, Rain Dish (Own Tempo) -> Serene Grace
New Moves: Muddy Water

Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Spe: 70 -> 100 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Ludicolo is a graceful dancer. Not sure about design

Competitive Concept: Another abuser of Serence Grace, using Scald to improve bulk with burns and otherwise fooling around with Body Slam to paralyze and Muddy Water to lower accuracy.

Typing: Water/Grass (Same)
Abilities: Rain Dish/Swift Swim (Own Tempo) -> Dancer (When hit by a sound based move, it does not affect you, and you gain a SpA boost.)
Movepool Additions: Agility, Calm Mind

Hp: 80 -> 80
Def: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpD: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Spe: 70 -> 90 (+20)

Flavor Concept: When around music, it supposedly becomes more powerful. It now has a mustache and a tux. Also, it carries around a watermelon.

Competitive: Don't you just hate bug buzz, boom burst, and hyper voice spam? Now you can be immune to all sound based moves, making choiced users think twice before using them. You can get spA boosts, a free turn while they switch, and boosts in bulk or speed on that free turn. Or you can just burn whatever is coming in with scald. Either way, if hit by a bug buzz, it grants you lots of opportunities to sweep.

Mega Shiftry
Type: Grass/Dark -> Grass/Dark
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Early Bird/Pickpocket -> Chlorophyll
New Moves: Weather Ball

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 80

A rare Chlorophyll sweeper that isn't necessarily bird food thanks to a fast Sucker Punch in the Sun. If this thing gets a Growth boost, watch out. Weather Ball is a welcome improvement over HP Fire; it can OHKO Ferrothorn in the Sun without requiring any Special Attack EVs.

Mega Shiftry
Grass/Dark -> Grass/Flying
Chlorophyll/Early Bird/Pickpocket -> Drought
New Moves: Leaf Blade, Air Slash, Heat Wave

90 -> 90
100 -> 100 (+0)
60 -> 80 (+20)
90 -> 110 (+20)
60 -> 80 (+20)
80 -> 120 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Gains acorn-like armor from its days as Seedot, and a shogun helmet to boot. Those fan arms become out-and-out wings.

Competitive Concept: Goes from a x4 Bug weakness and a Fighting weakness to a Bug neutrality and a Fighting resistance. That x4 Ice weakness sucks, but generally, Grass/Flying is a better defensive type.

While it can easily run mixed with the new Leaf Blade at its side, Shiftry's real claim to fame is Nasty Plot, which lets it run Solar Beam off Drought, Heat Wave with the Sun-boost, and Air Slash for great STAB with a flinch chance off that nice 120 speed; Grass/Fire/Flying coverage is resisted only by Mega Ampharos, Rotom-H, Heatran, and Zekrom. 90/80/80 defenses aren't terrific, but certainly let Shiftry actually take a hit or two.

Shiftry
Grass/Dark -> Grass/Dark
Chlorophyll/Early Bird/Pickpocket -> Drizzle
New Moves: Surf, Waterfall, Hurricane

90 -> 90
100 -> 120 (+20)
60 -> 80 (+20)
90 -> 115 (+25)
60 -> 80 (+20)
80 -> 95 (+15)

Concept: Shiftry has a shift...ry and goes from sun to rain, just like that. It becomes a rain setter who resists thunder and grass. There's little more to it other than the new coverage moves.

Shiftry
Grass/Dark --> Grass/Dark
Ability: Chlorophyll/Early Bird/Pickpocket --> Fan Blades (Auto-Tailwind)
Stats: 90/100/60/90/60/80 --> 90/140(+40)/75(+15)/110(+20)/75(+15)/90(+10)
New Moves: +Air Slash +Hurricane +Leaf Blade (Sucker Punch is now a level-up move)
Fan Blades speaks to the flavor of Shiftry and makes it a pretty effective offensive defogger. It is mostly designed as a physical attacker, but it is capable of using Leaf Storm, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast or Air Slash/Hurricane to attack on both sides.

Mega Shiftry
Type: Grass/Dark -> Grass/Fairy
Ability: Cholorphyll/Early Bird/Pickpocket -> Pixilate
New Moves: None

Atk: 100 -> 130 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 110 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Shiftry takes a turn for the good and joins the Fairy side, gaining Pixilate along the way.

Competitive Concept: Physical Pixilate sweeper with even more 4MSS. Return, Quick Attack, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Fake Out, Rock Slide, Bullet Seed, and even Explosion deserve shouts as viable moves. Don’t let this guy set up a SD. It’ll be painful.

Shiftry (Shiftrynite)
Abilities: Chlorophyll, Early Bird (Pickpocket) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Air Slash, Crunch

SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 110 (+30)

Flavor Concept: To create a parallel to Ludicolo (being version exclusives, based around rain/sun, etc.), Shiftry has Sheer Force, which does the opposite of Serene Grace by removing effects.

Competitive Concept: Shiftry packs a lot of power on both sides, can set up on either, and is one of few users of defog that's not weak to Stealth Rock.

Typing: Grass/Dark -> Grass/Flying
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Early Bird (Pickpocket) -> Speed Boost
Movepool Additions: Brave Bird, Wood Hammer, Hurricane

Hp: 90 -> 90
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Its arms grow long leaves, effectively making them wings. Its feet grow talons on the ends as well.

Competitive: STAB Brave Bird and Wood Hammer hit really hard, as do some of his other moves. Speed boost to make it fast, and Hurricane in case you want to have mixed or special. It can be used as a set up sweeper, with nasty plot/swords dance and speed boost. Its defensive stats might be able to take a hit or two, but not many hits.

Also, neither Lumineon is on the doc.

Lumineon: 69/69/76/69/86/91
Lumineon X: Lightning Rod, 69/69/96/115/86/125
Lumineon Y: Simple, 69/69/116/99/116/91

Lumineon Y has a special Belly Drum thanks to Simple. This actually doesn't seem that broken. Azumarill is way stronger (436 Atk before BD compared to 326 SpA), has STAB priority, and has better bulk (100/80/80 compared to 69/116/116). Sure, it doesn't cost health like BD, but M-Lumineon can't hold an item either. BD Azu often holds a Sitrus Berry which means after a boost, it still can depend on its bulk.

I'm actually more scared of X with its Water/Electric typing and far better speed to make use of Tail Glow or Quiver Dance.

If we keep going dex order, Swellow, Pelipper, Masquerain, and Breloom are next but I'm fine with nightsitter's order since it makes sure some similar Pokemon are in the same slate when they may be cut off from one another if going in dex order.

I just wrote the slate in that order because it was easiest to put together. I mixed some up alphabetically in order to put similar ones together like Illumise and Volbeat. Also, I don't see why it's important to do it either way, so I say we just keep it as it is. Let's at least make the next slate Ambipom, Armaldo, Azumarill, and Cacturne.

For Ambipom, I like the idea of a powerful Fake Out abuser as a hit-and-run attacker/revenge killer.

IDK about you guys, but Armaldo just screams Tough Claws wallbreaker to me.

We'll need to be VERY careful with the stats we give to Azumarill. It's already S-ranked in the OU viability rankings, unlike Megacham before it got 100 base Attack and Speed. I'd actually like to see some defensive Azumarill submissions, as long as they don't include reliable recovery.

Scarecrow Cacturne is inevitable. It can be the physical counterpart to Maractus.

Definitely calling Precision Ambipom, as the creator of Precision. Already have it written out. It's an incredible hit-and-runner. Precision STAB Fake Out has 120 BP, and Precision STAB Double Hit deals a whopping 210 BP. And coverage? 80 BP Power-Up Punch and 80 BP Pursuit. You still have to choose which of these moves to swap out for U-Turn if you want to hit and run, but still, holy crow.

Armaldo's getting Sniper and Focus Energy, as well as (and this may seem like stretch, but bear with me) Crabhammer. With Focus Energy and Gen VI's mechanics, every high-crit move will crit 100% of the time, and with Sniper, those crits deal even more damage, and moreover, damage that ignores the user's Attack drops or the opponents Defense buffs. And look at that, Armaldo's two best STABs are the high-crit X-Scissor and Stone Edge! It also gets Cross Poison, but what it would love is Crabhammer, which matches its water-based flavor and gives excellent coverage.

Azumarill's getting a Special-based Fur Coat (Smeargle already has it, and it's called Paint Shield, but that can be changed) to take a different, bulkier role, using its special movepool for offense.

Scarecrow Cacturne indeed is inevitable, and I like it, so I'm not gonna submit one for this.

Last edited:
I just wrote the slate in that order because it was easiest to put together. I mixed some up alphabetically in order to put similar ones together like Illumise and Volbeat. Also, I don't see why it's important to do it either way, so I say we just keep it as it is. Let's at least make the next slate Ambipom, Armaldo, Azumarill, and Cacturne.

For Ambipom, I like the idea of a powerful Fake Out abuser as a hit-and-run attacker/revenge killer.

IDK about you guys, but Armaldo just screams Tough Claws wallbreaker to me.

We'll need to be VERY careful with the stats we give to Azumarill. It's already S-ranked in the OU viability rankings, unlike Megacham before it got 100 base Attack and Speed. I'd actually like to see some defensive Azumarill submissions, as long as they don't include reliable recovery.

Scarecrow Cacturne is inevitable. It can be the physical counterpart to Maractus.
I was actually considering going for special Azumarill and as such it'll have a lot of mindgames about whether it's physical regular or special mega.

Definitely calling Precision Ambipom, as the creator of Precision. Already have it written out. It's an incredible hit-and-runner. Precision STAB Fake Out has 120 BP, and Precision STAB Double Hit deals a whopping 210 BP. And coverage? 80 BP Power-Up Punch and 80 BP Pursuit. You still have to choose which of these moves to swap out for U-Turn if you want to hit and run, but still, holy crow.

Armaldo's getting Sniper and Focus Energy, as well as (and this may seem like stretch, but bear with me) Crabhammer. With Focus Energy and Gen VI's mechanics, every high-crit move will crit 100% of the time, and with Sniper, those crits deal even more damage, and moreover, damage that ignores the user's Attack drops or the opponents Defense buffs. And look at that, Armaldo's two best STABs are the high-crit X-Scissor and Stone Edge! It also gets Cross Poison, but what it would love is Crabhammer, which matches its water-based flavor and gives excellent coverage.

Azumarill's getting a Special-based Fur Coat (Smeargle already has it, and it's called Paint Shield, but that can be changed) to take a different, bulkier role, using its special movepool for offense.

Scarecrow Cacturne indeed is inevitable, and I like it, so I'm not gonna submit one for this.
X-Scissor isn't high-crit

X-Scissor isn't high-crit
Wow. Three gens of X-Scissor existing and I always just assumed, I mean it's a slashing move and everything.

Welp, this is why we have discussion periods. Too bad, Armaldo, you're no Sniper after all! Instead I'll go for a Water-clone of Flash Fire, that not only gives Armaldo a sweet Water immunity, but boosts its Aqua Jet (or Aqua Tail) and, again, totally fits with its aquatic flavor.

Fun fact: the only non-Water types to learn Water Gun are Azurill (which evolves into a Water type), Castform (which can become Water type), Dragalge (which evolved from a Water type), Stunfisk (which is a fish), and Anorith/Armaldo. Not to mention Aqua Jet, whose only non-Water learners besides Clan Armaldo are Masquerain, Beartic and the Dratini line.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but for Darmanitan Y, will Overheat lower its attack instead of its special attack? Because otherwise you may just have a problem on your hand.

A lot of new voters contributed this week; that's what I like to see!

Beautifly: nightsitter
Mega Beautifly
Ability: Swarm/Rivalry -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Heat Wave, Moonblast

SpD: 50 -> 70 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Beautifly becomes magical, gaining the Fairy type and Magic Guard in the process. Moonblast is for STAB, and Heat Wave because practically all bad Flying types have it.

Competitive Concept: Frail sweeper that can deal surprisingly heavy damage. Moonblast/Heat Wave/Shadow Ball has perfect neutral coverage outside of Pyroar (and maybe a new Mega or two), so it can seriously nuke some shit. Quiver Dance is the BOMB.

Dustox: nightsitter
Mega Dustox
Ability: Shield Dust/Compound Eyes -> Simple
New Moves: Heat Wave

SpA: 50 -> 80 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 90
Spe: 65 -> 85 (+20)

Flavor Concept: It’s just a simple moth, and it’s capable of using Heat Wave, just like most other Pokemon that can fly.

Competitive Concept: Bulky setup sweeper that’s hard to stop once it gets going. While it has very little immediate power, Mega Dustox doesn’t take long reach crazy levels of power and sweep. Moonlight is a neat tool if you prefer to go the bulky route.

Ludicolo: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Ludicolo
Swift Swim/Rain Dish/Own Tempo -> Drizzle
New Moves: Calm Mind

80 -> 80
70 -> 70 (+0)
70 -> 110 (+40)
90 -> 110 (+20)
100 -> 130 (+30)
70 -> 80 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Ludicolo's sombrero becomes massive. Let's give it some maracas as well. Mexican Duck Kappa, awayyy!

Competitive Concept: Water/Grass is wonderful defensive typing, and with Drizzle is gains a pseudo-resistance to Fire while still resisting Water. Its Water STAB deals fantastic damage, but its true claim to fame is 80/110/130 defenses with a typing that allows it to run Leech Seed without common Grass weaknesses to Fire and Ice. Moreover, Scald keeps passive damage going with burns while making it even bulkier. Or you've always got Ice Beam to stop birds as well as Grass types that resist both STABs and are immune to Leech Seed.

Or, Scald can be used to boost Ludicolo's physical defense while Calm Mind boosts its Special bulk, as well as its power. A simple Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam/Calm Mind set works great in the rain, and with Mega stats, is far more viable now.

Shiftry: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Shiftry
Grass/Dark -> Grass/Flying
Chlorophyll/Early Bird/Pickpocket -> Drought
New Moves: Leaf Blade, Air Slash, Heat Wave

90 -> 90
100 -> 100 (+0)
60 -> 80 (+20)
90 -> 110 (+20)
60 -> 80 (+20)
80 -> 120 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Gains acorn-like armor from its days as Seedot, and a shogun helmet to boot. Those fan arms become out-and-out wings.

Competitive Concept: Goes from a x4 Bug weakness and a Fighting weakness to a Bug neutrality and a Fighting resistance. That x4 Ice weakness sucks, but generally, Grass/Flying is a better defensive type.

While it can easily run mixed with the new Leaf Blade at its side, Shiftry's real claim to fame is Nasty Plot, which lets it run Solar Beam off Drought, Heat Wave with the Sun-boost, and Air Slash for great STAB with a flinch chance off that nice 120 speed; Grass/Fire/Flying coverage is resisted only by Mega Ampharos, Rotom-H, Heatran, and Zekrom. 90/80/80 defenses aren't terrific, but certainly let Shiftry actually take a hit or two.

This opens the submission period for Ambipom, Armaldo, Azumarill, and Cacturne. Let's see some quality submissions!

Alright, second time submitting things :D
Mega Armaldo
Type: Rock/Bug -> Rock/Bug
Abilities: Battle Armour/Swift Swim -> Semi-Aquatic (Immunity to water type moves. Water type moves have their power increased by 1.5 times)
New Moves: Crabhammer

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 125 -> 160 (+35)
Def: 100 ->130 (+30)
SpA: 70 -> 70 (+0)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 45 -> 60 (+15)
BST: 495 -> 595

Mega Armaldo returns to its ancient roots as an aquatic bug, thus its ability changes its weakness to water into an immunity and grants it pseudo-STAB. The stat spread enables it to be a bulky swords dancer. Crabhammer was added for water pseudo-stab and because its somewhat crabby looking (and the ancient animal its based off of is not so distantly related to crabs). Appearance-wise, Armaldo changes to be more hydrodynamic with bigger, bulkier plating, larger swimmy things, and sleeker longer claws (think kind of along the lines of mega swampert, but with less protein powder).

Mega Cacturne
Abilities: Sand Veil/Water Absorb -> Scarecrow
New Moves: Knock Off

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 115 -> 140 (+25)
Def: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpA: 115 -> 140 (+25)
SpD: 60 -> 60 (+0)
Spe: 55 -> 105 (+50)
BST: 475 -> 575

Mega Azumarill
Type: Water/Fairy -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Thick Fat/Huge Power/ Sap Sipper -> Unaware
New Moves: Acid Armour

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 50 -> 70
Def: 80 -> 120
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 80 -> 120
Spe: 50 -> 50
BST: 420 -> 520

Thanks to those who answered my questions! And for the clarification on the rules in regards to type changing.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Also I have a couple questions, how on earth do you put things in spoiler tags, I don't forum much and I haven't been able to figure it out? Also if I have more submissions for this slate, do i make a new post with them in it, or edit them into this one?
[HIDE}Blahblah{/HIDE] Replace the curly brackets with the appropriate square ones and you get:
Blahblah

Add an =Name before the first right bracket and you're good to go (HIDE=Potato Maximum) As for submissions, you edit them into your most recent post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)