Meowstic: Double Battle Strategy

How did I do?

• Fantastic overall.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There's a few hiccups here that should be fixed. (Please Comment.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first ever strategy I'm posting on Smogon. If you found it, please critique me on what can and should be fixed! What works? What doesn't? Please let me know. I came here to become better. Thank you so much!

BASIC INFO
Name:
Meowstic
Type: Psychic
Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator
Hidden-Prankster (Male)/Competitive (Female)

STATS: HP-74, Atk-48, Def-76, SpA-83, SpD-81, Spe-104

Say hello to Meowstic, a very interesting Psychic-Type Pokemon introduced in Generation VI. Although it may have sub-par stats, Meowstic is not a Pokemon to be overlooked, as it has an advantage in Double Battles. With the male being supportive and the female being aggressive, plus a very interesting movepool, Meowstic can have a chance to shine in the lower tiers, as well as late-game.

STRATEGY: LATE GAME DOUBLE BATTLE

MALE-SUPPORT

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def/4 HP/252 SpD
Helping Hand/Miracle Eye
Quick Guard
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

FEMALE-AGRESSION
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 SpA/4 Def/252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Signal Beam/Disarming Voice
Dream Eater
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This set takes advantage of each Meowstic's capabilities while also including coverage for their mediocre stats and weaknesses. Meowstic♂ should take advantage of Prankster's +1 priority in status-problem moves by using Hypnosis right off the bat, to incapacitate the opponent as quickly as possible as well as give Meowstic♀ time to set up Calm Mind a bunch of times. Make sure he stays on top of the opponent in terms of sleepiness. He should also use Helping Hand to let Meowstic♀ deal even more damage, but Miracle Eye will give them an edge when fighting Dark-Types, which is their nemesis. If Meowstic♂ takes a lot of damage during it's setup time, it can use Dream Eater to get it's HP back.

As for Meowstic♀, her only goal is to destroy everything. Signal Beam is an efficient way to take out Dark-Types, but Disarming Voice is tempting as well because of it's priority. Shadow Ball provides coverage against Ghost-Types, and Dream Eater will take out Ghost/Poison-Types like Gengar as well as get her HP back. And, as stated before, Calm Mind should be utilized when Meowstic♂ puts the opponent to sleep, so she doesn't waste a turn.

OTHER OPTIONS

If Meowstic is used in a Triple Battle with a Pokemon that can cover for them, Meowstic an be incredibly reliable, supporting both Pokemon and attacking in force. If one Meowstic is replaced in a Double Battle, life could be easier as well.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS

Unfortunately, Meowstic is very frail and can easily be OHKOed by anything that's very powerful. Bug-Types like Durant and Scizor can lay the smack down on Meowstic with X-Scissor. Meowstic has little to no coverage against Dark-Types, and it can be an absolute disaster when the opponent heavily relies on them. Ghosts-Types aren't too bad because of Meowstic♀'s Shadow Ball, but a good attacker and defender like Gengar would probably be 2HKOed and OHKO Meowstic with a Ghost-Type move. All in all, Meowstic is a glass cannon and should be used with caution.

A couple thoughts...
- Seeing how Meowstic is frail, Leftovers aren't the best option for it. (I say this as someone running a fully defensive Meowstic) It might be more prudent to cover a type weakness with a berry.
- Why does the female have Dream Eater but no sleep move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)