Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Before submitting my metagame (Z - ping pong), i wanted to add a new mechainc to help teams defend against Z-moves from the opponent. The new mechanic is: Each plate will modify the ability of the pokemon holding it, pokemon cant lose their respective plate (similar to Z-crystals and mega stones).

Grass = grassy surge
Fire = drought
Water = drizzle
Ground = sand force
Flying = pressure
Bug = regenerator
Poison = Intimidate
Ghost = infiltrator
Fighting = technician
Psychic = psychic surge
Dark = prankster
Fairy = mysty surge
Dragon = mold breaker
Electric = electric surge
Rock = sand stream
Ice = snow warning
Steel = unawere

The main reason i want to add this mechanic is because i want to provide tools to fight back against Z-moves like Z-conversion, clangourus soulblaze or pokemon who can snowball easily like magearna after a shift gear boost without needing to ban them. With more pokemon with acces to prankster + haze or unawere walls, defending and reacting against Z-moves can be a bit easier. Also, infiltrator is a good way to break subs of pokemon who set them up in respond of a predicted protect (a good way to bait Z-moves). Some players will doubt to use a Z-move against a wall because they will give their opponent an extra Z-move, so i added more ways to beat stall, especially, unawere walls. The most notable is dragon plate, giving Zygrade the ability mold breaker and a 20% boost on dragon type moves.

This whole mechanic is very complicated and it can be a whole new metagame on itself. So i want to hear your opinions.

Is this new mechanic excesively complicated?
Do you believe that Z - ping pong may get rejected for complexity if i add this set of rules in addition to the previous ones?
Do you like the idea? Would you prefeer another abilities instead of the given ones?
Do you think the two mechanics are better separated as two different metagames rather than be joined as a whole?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated
Congratulations! Your OM just evolved into a pet mod!

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Before submitting my metagame (Z - ping pong), i wanted to add a new mechainc to help teams defend against Z-moves from the opponent. The new mechanic is: Each plate will modify the ability of the pokemon holding it, pokemon cant lose their respective plate (similar to Z-crystals and mega stones).

Grass = grassy surge
Fire = drought
Water = drizzle
Ground = sand force
Flying = pressure
Bug = regenerator
Poison = Intimidate
Ghost = infiltrator
Fighting = technician
Psychic = psychic surge
Dark = prankster
Fairy = mysty surge
Dragon = mold breaker
Electric = electric surge
Rock = sand stream
Ice = snow warning
Steel = unawere

The main reason i want to add this mechanic is because i want to provide tools to fight back against Z-moves like Z-conversion, clangourus soulblaze or pokemon who can snowball easily like magearna after a shift gear boost without needing to ban them. With more pokemon with acces to prankster + haze or unawere walls, defending and reacting against Z-moves can be a bit easier. Also, infiltrator is a good way to break subs of pokemon who set them up in respond of a predicted protect (a good way to bait Z-moves). Some players will doubt to use a Z-move against a wall because they will give their opponent an extra Z-move, so i added more ways to beat stall, especially, unawere walls. The most notable is dragon plate, giving Zygrade the ability mold breaker and a 20% boost on dragon type moves.

This whole mechanic is very complicated and it can be a whole new metagame on itself. So i want to hear your opinions.

Is this new mechanic excesively complicated?
Do you believe that Z - ping pong may get rejected for complexity if i add this set of rules in addition to the previous ones?
Do you like the idea? Would you prefeer another abilities instead of the given ones?
Do you think the two mechanics are better separated as two different metagames rather than be joined as a whole?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated
I don't know... It really doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the meta's idea. I'm sure there are ways of getting around Z-Conversion and whatnot that doesn't make an entire new mechanic in the meta (Or at the least, not one as disconnected from the rest of the meta as this one)

You could make some sort of clause to only allow Z-Moves that boost all stats to be used once per battle or something like that.

I don't know... It really doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the meta's idea. I'm sure there are ways of getting around Z-Conversion and whatnot that doesn't make an entire new mechanic in the meta (Or at the least, not one as disconnected from the rest of the meta as this one)

You could make some sort of clause to only allow Z-Moves that boost all stats to be used once per battle or something like that.
Yeah, that could work. I will try with a massive boost clause.

Congratulations! Your OM just evolved into a pet mod!
For the time being i will cancel the evolution and give OM an eviolite.

I have a new and fresh idea for an OM!

Perishmons
Premise:permanently active perish counter(which means every mon dies after 3 turns on the battlefield unless switching out)
Bans and rules:OU Banlist,Make a team of 6 pokemon but only bring three(just like battle spot singles)
Questions:Do you think that it's a fun idea? Does it work well with the battle spot singles format? Does this format exist already?

Perishmons
Premise:permanently active perish counter(which means every mon dies after 3 turns on the battlefield unless switching out)
Bans and rules:OU Banlist,Make a team of 6 pokemon but only bring three(just like battle spot singles)
Questions:Do you think that it's a fun idea? Does it work well with the battle spot singles format? Does this format exist already?
I'm intrigued by this idea, it's cool. One thing suggestion is to ban trapping moves (Whirlpool, Mean Look, Bind, etc.) for obvious reasons.

Perishmons
Im sorry but i think that idea is already blacklisted

Edit:
Commonly submitted rejected ideas
  • Nice Death: All Pokemon come into the field with Perish Song/Mons faint after X turns.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Move Slot Syndrome

Metagame premise:
Not sure if this idea exists yet, but it's concept is simple: Either your Pokemon's Item -or- Ability slot can act as either an Item -or- Ability, or as a 5th move. This would definitely be a metagame that could bring in a wide variety of interest and it's fairly easy to tier since some Pokemon will want a 5th move for coverage, but some Pokemon will depend on their Item/Ability that you'll have to pass up. Also, the idea is one or the other, as in either the meta will be focused around replacing Items or Abilities, not both simultaneously.

Potential bans and threats:
OU Banlist. It's hard to think of bans until we know whether or not this can be coded and which format (Item replacement or Ability replacement) would be best.

Questions for the community:
Can this be coded?
If it can be coded, should the Item slot be used for the 5th move or the Ability slot?
How can Mega Pokemon be coded if their ability is a 5th move?
How can Pokemon that change forms be coded if their ability is a 5th move?

Move Slot Syndrome

Metagame premise:
Not sure if this idea exists yet, but it's concept is simple: Either your Pokemon's Item -or- Ability slot can act as either an Item -or- Ability, or as a 5th move. This would definitely be a metagame that could bring in a wide variety of interest and it's fairly easy to tier since some Pokemon will want a 5th move for coverage, but some Pokemon will depend on their Item/Ability that you'll have to pass up. Also, the idea is one or the other, as in either the meta will be focused around replacing Items or Abilities, not both simultaneously.

OU Banlist. It's hard to think of bans until we know whether or not this can be coded and which format (Item replacement or Ability replacement) would be best.

Can this be coded?
If it can be coded, should the Item slot be used for the 5th move or the Ability slot?
Obligatory mention of Slaking, Archeops and Regigigas being way more powerful when they can change thei ability ino something useful.

As for Megas, either they lose the move, or they never gain the mage ability. Could o either way.

Leader Skills
Metagame premise: The first Pokemon in the party passes on its highest base stat and first move to the entire team.

Basically, this metagame is inspired by a game I play on mobile called Brave Frontier. It's reminiscent of Pokemon and has "squads" that are just like Pokemon teams. The main distinction is that every team has an assigned leader which passes on a Leader Skill to the entire team. In this metagame, the lead Pokemon would pass up its highest base stat and the first move in its moveset to the entire team. This means that every Pokemon will have 4 moves + the 5th one donated by the Leader Skill. For example, if the first Pokemon on my team is a Blacephalon and the first move is Fire Blast, then the entire team is blessed with 157 SpA and Fire Blast in their moveset.

How do megas work? Megas would only pass their stats before Mega Evolving. This is because of the untapped potential of megas like Beedrill and Aerodactyl proving to be overwhelming. Their increased stats just might make them centralizing choices for a Leader Skill donator.

Potential bans and threats: Nothing that stands out. Maybe potentially fast Pokemon like Tapu Koko but I'm not sure.

Questions for the community: How should the banlist be handled? Should Leaders and the rest of the team be tiered differently? If Tapu Koko is broken as a leader, should it just be banned from leading or banned in general? I feel like they should just be banned globally for the sake of simplicity.

I feel like cloyster could be really cool in this meta, donating its 180 Def and for first move Shell smash every Pokémon has more opportunity to set up thanks to the boosted def also 6 mons with Shell smash sounds op, smeargle could also be cool as it donated geomancy but all its stats sucks so I'm not sure it's worth...
EDIT: Also how does it work with mon like shuckle which has 230 both in Def and spdef? What stat is passes? If both than that could really be op as it donates Shell smash and seeiously 230 in both Defense with decent hp is nothing to laugh
It’d be based on the order of the stats. Because defense goes before special defense, the team will receive 230 Defense, not both. Shuckle might still be worth looking at though.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Move Slot Syndrome

Metagame premise:

Can this be coded?
I think something like this had been submited here already, and it seems as if it cannot be coded.

Leader Skills
Metagame premise: The first Pokemon in the party passes on its highest base stat and first move to the entire team.

Basically, this metagame is inspired by a game I play on mobile called Brave Frontier. It's reminiscent of Pokemon and has "squads" that are just like Pokemon teams. The main distinction is that every team has an assigned leader which passes on a Leader Skill to the entire team. In this metagame, the lead Pokemon would pass up its highest base stat and the first move in its moveset to the entire team. This means that every Pokemon will have 4 moves + the 5th one donated by the Leader Skill. For example, if the first Pokemon on my team is a Blacephalon and the first move is Fire Blast, then the entire team is blessed with 157 SpA and Fire Blast in their moveset.

How do megas work? Megas would only pass their stats before Mega Evolving. This is because of the untapped potential of megas like Beedrill and Aerodactyl proving to be overwhelming. Their increased stats just might make them centralizing choices for a Leader Skill donator.

Potential bans and threats: Nothing that stands out. Maybe potentially fast Pokemon like Tapu Koko but I'm not sure.

Questions for the community: How should the banlist be handled? Should Leaders and the rest of the team be tiered differently? If Tapu Koko is broken as a leader, should it just be banned from leading or banned in general? I feel like they should just be banned globally for the sake of simplicity.
Chansey is stupid. 250 HP + Soft Boiled to anything (Incluiding any Final Gambit mons, and Innards Out Pyukumuku), and on the other hand things can give it an actual defense stat. Kartana + a team with any Huge / Pure Power mon is also pretty broken. As is Victini giving anything it wants V-Create (Like, for an instance, Mega Zard X).

Cool idea fora meta tho. I think banned mons should just be banned, but the tiering should be done in a separate way. One tier / rank for the good Leads and one from mons who can benefit from others easly

So I’ve made a little watchlist of Pokemon that should probably be banned early in this meta:

Despite a very lackluster Speed stat of 75, Smeargle can donate literally any move to the entire team. The one that appears most dangerous to me is Geomancy, as giving anything the ability to Z-Geomancy is definitely overpowering in this meta. It might be a better idea to ban Geomancy, but we will see.

Chansey and maybe even Blissey may be overwhelming in this metagame due to their ability to patch up their horrid defense thanks to a lead like Steelix. 250/200/105 defenses in tandem with Eviolite is just too much, as well as an added move.

Tapu Koko is great both as a leader and receiver. As a leader, it provides 130 Speed and access to U-turn or Thunderbolt for the entire team. As a receiver, Tapu Koko can patch up its lackluster SpA to become a truly terrifying wallbreaker. For example, with Blacephalon as a lead, Tapu Koko receives 151 SpA, 130 Speed, and Fire Blast coverage to nail would-be walls such as Ferrothorn.

Now here are some Pokemon that probably aren’t broken but are still going to shine heavily in this metagame:

Not much to say. Can patch up its Speed to become an incredibly dangerous sweeper, and can even gain higher Attack to become a fiersome Pokemon on Trick Room teams.

Kartana is great both as a leader and receiver. It donates a massive 181 Attack, and despite having sufficient moves to donate, Sacred Sword can be decent. As a receiver, Kartana can opt for higher Speed making it an amazing sweeper in tandem with Swords Dance. Kartana also gets coverage to fix its shallow movepool.

Landorus-T shines mostly as a great receiver. It can patch up either it’s average Speed or Defense stat depending on what the team needs. For example, the popular Landorus-T and Tapu Koko core can prove even more dangerous here as Lando-T is now receiving its 130 Spe.

There are obviously a lot more possibilities than this in the metagame, but this is just what I came up with!

Chansey is stupid. 250 HP + Soft Boiled to anything
I’m really sorry for not saying this earlier, but HP does not pass for leaders. If your HP is your highest stat, your second highest stat will pass instead. I still think Chansey is stupid though!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
For Leader Skills:

Stall in general seems like it does very well, since access to a quick fix for whatever defensive stat they need and potentially passed down reliable recovery is amazing.

Toxapex lead passes down its absurd 152 base Defense and Recover to every teammate, and Toxapex is still useful on its own unlike some other donators. Paired with Snorlax you now have absolutely amazing 160/152/110 defenses which it can buff still further and unlike ChanBliss it can actually do damage outside Seismic Toss. Nihilego also gets in on the action with its somewhat lower but still very good 109/152/131 defenses and newfound recovery. Then of course there's the absolutely stupid Chansey and Blissey with 250/152/105 with eviolite and 255/152/135 defenses respectively.

A high special defense lead like Blissey or Mantine is pretty good as well, giving pokemon like Steelix-Mega and Aggron-Mega recovery and very good special defense to pair with their already great physical defense. A little more unothodox of a choice is Kartana, who actually gets decent 59/131/140(135) defenses, making it somewhat harder to take down without touching its already good offensive power.

Quagsire benefits immensely from either a physical or specially defensive lead depending on what you need, unaware paired with great special or physical defense being amazing. Clefable's in the same boat, but it also appreciates non-Wish recovery for Unaware sets.

On the offensive side, Volcarona can turn pretty much every member of the team into a setup sweeper with 135 base SpA and passing down Quiver Dance. Alternatively, you can use Ribombee if you want to pass down Speed instead.

Meanwhile in gimmick-town, Komala+hazards=priolu the second coming. Lead Crobat with Whirlwind, scarf Komala with sleep talk and the passed down Whirlwind, set up hazards and go to town for a dozen turns. Priority spam can take it down but still seems really, really dumb to try and fight, and while Whirlwind isn't exactly the most thrilling thing to pass to the rest of your team 130 speed is still a nice thing to inherit.

There's a bunch more interesting things but those are my initial thoughts on it.

Last edited:
leader skills sounds like godly gift or what ever the new name is but it could just be me

Teamism: All pokemon on the team gain ether the move, item, or ability of the respective pokemon within its slots following this order as well as its own stuff

1.) first move slot
2.) second move slot
3.) third move slot
4.) fourth move slot
5.) ability
6.) item

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 4 SpA / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 16 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

in this case every pokemon has volt switch from koko fusion bolt from kyruem-b defog from latios, synthesis from venasaur intimidate from landours-t and assault vest from magearna.

possible bans:
smeargle: geomancy, judgement(maybe), dragon accent(maybe), sun steel strike, etc.

thoughts on this meta?
is this to similar to any other metas?
is it to unoriginal for it to be a meta?
is it to complicated to be a meta game?
a less wordy sentence to explain it?
any possible bans?

What about when the mega isn't in the first slot? If a Scizor is donated 100 base speed, and then mega evolves, will its base speed drop to 75, or would it stay 100?

Xurkitree looks like it would work well as both a donator and a receiver. As a donator, it passes down its gargantuan 173 special attack, as well as access to Tail Glow. Being a receiver allows Xurkitree to remedy its mediocre speed, though unfortunately only Ninjask is fast enough to let Xurkitree get speed from Beast Boost without holding back on special attack investment.

Now for a core of donator and reciever:

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Volcarona @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Electric]

Diancie helps Volcarona in three ways. Firstly, Magic Bounce helps keep away the entry hazards Volc is allergic to. Secondly, Earth Power gives Volcarona a way to hit it both of its nemeses (Heatran and Toxapex) at once, and the fact that it doesn't take up a move slot frees up space for even more coverage. Thirdly, Diancie's donated 150 defense fixes Volcarona's physical frailty, granting it much more opportunities to set up.

What about when the mega isn't in the first slot? If a Scizor is donated 100 base speed, and then mega evolves, will its base speed drop to 75, or would it stay 100?
It wouldn't raise nor lower. If Mega Scizor was donated 100 Speed, then it'd have 100 Speed before and after Mega Evolving.

Diancie helps Volcarona in three ways. Firstly, Magic Bounce helps keep away the entry hazards Volc is allergic to. Secondly, Earth Power gives Volcarona a way to hit it both of its nemeses (Heatran and Toxapex) at once, and the fact that it doesn't take up a move slot frees up space for even more coverage. Thirdly, Diancie's donated 150 defense fixes Volcarona's physical frailty, granting it much more opportunities to set up.
I like it! This core definitely showcases the mechanic of the metagame. I wanted to add my own:

Quiver Dance might need to get banned. The fact that Ribombee gives off a really good 124 Speed in tandem with it is just ridiculous. Hoopa-U can run a good Z-Move set in tandem with Quiver Dance. It's already threatening with 170 SpA, and a great Speed stat would just push it.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Some other efficient things:

Yay for Shell Smash with 80 / 180 / 130 defs and 160 / 170 / 80 offenses? As a bonus you steal the foe's item after your White Herb is consumed

oh no

Other interesting leads:
- Gorebyss is the only Shell Smash user to not give Defense, giving 114 Sp. Atk instead
- Kartana, Shuckle, Xurkitree, Regice and Ninjask are the highest non-mega leads of, respectivelly, Atk/ Def / Sp. Atk / Sp. Def / Speed.
- Palossand is an interesting choice for Sand Teams. Not fantastic, but worth a quick mention

Other interesting recievers:
- Greninja (And Kecleon) can have a fifth move to mess with Protean
- Mimikyu sets up even more than before

Now it's time for dumb but efficient sets:

Hello, Light Ball.

Volcarona donates 135 Sp. Atk and Quiver Dance to a mon with Simple and STAB Stored Power. The bat thing can ditch Calm Mind off it's set now, allowing for more coverage options (Probably something like Stored Power / Heat Wave / Hidden Power / Filler).

I don't even know what kind of move Kartana would give to any of them, but that's not the point. They hit 912 Attack with a neutral nature.

On the other hand, we have these... things.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

I don't even know what kind of move Kartana would give to any of them, but that's not the point. They hit 912 Attack with a neutral nature.

On the other hand, we have these... things.
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Kartana-Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle-Blissey: 637-751 (89.2 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Kartana-Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Shuckle-Chansey: 424-501 (60.2 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

lol

If you manage to get the drum off, everything that either doesn't resist water, is crazy bulky, and pretty fast just kinda drops.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Kartana-Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 219-258 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Meanwhile, on Fur Coat.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Kartana-Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Shuckle-Furfrou: 319-376 (90.1 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

That is only slightly more damage than Shuckle-Blissey was taking.

On the subject of funny gimmicks though, Ninjask passes down pretty much the highest base speed and can give Final Gambit. It doesn't let you win, but it sure as hell lets you take out a few Pokemon with your supersonic final gambit Wailord and friends.

The physical cousin to Volcarona's QD inheritance is Klinklang and Shift Gear - while it doesn't turn literally everything into a competent special attacker, 115 base defense means that setting up the sweep is a hell of a lot easier.

The other physical cousin to QD inheritance is Belly Drum Darmanitan - passing down 140 base attack also turns everything into a competent sweeper once the drum goes off. Pair with priority users - Suicune is particularly hilarious due to good defenses making setup easier and access to Extremespeed and an extant (if admittedly shallow) physical movepool. Forced Relaxed is mediocre though.

Tapu Koko is great both as a leader and receiver. As a leader, it provides 130 Speed and access to U-turn or Thunderbolt for the entire team. As a receiver, Tapu Koko can patch up its lackluster SpA to become a truly terrifying wallbreaker. For example, with Blacephalon as a lead, Tapu Koko receives 151 SpA, 130 Speed, and Fire Blast coverage to nail would-be walls such as Ferrothorn.

Landorus-T shines mostly as a great receiver. It can patch up either it’s average Speed or Defense stat depending on what the team needs. For example, the popular Landorus-T and Tapu Koko core can prove even more dangerous here as Lando-T is now receiving its 130 Spe.
I also want to add that, with brave bird koko can pass a useful flying type move, which is not very common even in flying types mons. Lando , for example, can obtain a perfect coverage with dual stab and 130 base speed without a z crystal. Lando also can pass koko eq and 145 base attack.

I like the idea but i believe that set up moves in general should be banned, even dragon dance dance can be crazy on the right hands (just imagine a hoopa-u with dd and boosted physical defense). My suggestion is pass the first attack and not the first move, I know recovery moves are nice to pass, but there are a lot of utility moves that could be super annoying to play against, like block, encore or taunt.

A clause like this can be used to make the metagame a bit more balanced by preventing things like shuckle passing a superb defense without killing the metagame spirit.
Power clause: pokemon cannot increase one base stat more than double. For example: Chansey will just get 5 extra defense from shuckle and hoopa-u will have a respectable 120 base defense but not a broken 230 one.

With this restrictions, i think a lot of bans can be avoided, like shuckle, cloyster or ninjask.

I think that huge power has to be quickbanned because of how difficult to stop it is. Aquaranid and serperior look very threatening too. Shuckle itself can be a deadly receiver with a move like overheat and high special attack (without power clause).

Speed Reversal

A simple metagame where all the Pokemon's speed stats are taken from 160 because Ninjask is currently the fastest non-Uber Pokemon. For example, Mega Beedrill's speed would be 160-145, making it 15. On the other hand, Conkeldurr's speed would be 160-45, making it 115. Priority moves would still function normally, since inverting them would make the game unenjoyable.

Rules / Bans: OU Banlist, Evasion Abilities Clause

Preliminary Threatlist: Tryranitar/Tyranitar-Mega, Mega Swampert, Mega Aggron, Wishiwashi (School Form), Mega Steelix, Mega Ampharos, Diancie, Magearna, Metagross, Volcanion, Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross, Mega Abomasnow, Mega Slowbro, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Stakataka, Mega Camerupt, Snorlax, Mega Audino

This sounds like a metagame I have heard of before, but I can't figure out what it was called.

Speed Reversal

A simple metagame where all the Pokemon's speed stats are taken from 160 because Ninjask is currently the fastest non-Uber Pokemon. For example, Mega Beedrill's speed would be 160-145, making it 15. On the other hand, Conkeldurr's speed would be 160-45, making it 115. Priority moves would still function normally, since inverting them would make the game unenjoyable.

Rules / Bans: OU Banlist, Evasion Abilities Clause

Preliminary Threatlist: Tryranitar/Tyranitar-Mega, Mega Swampert, Mega Aggron, Wishiwashi (School Form), Mega Steelix, Mega Ampharos, Diancie, Magearna, Metagross, Volcanion, Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross, Mega Abomasnow, Mega Slowbro, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Stakataka, Mega Camerupt, Snorlax, Mega Audino

This sounds like a metagame I have heard of before, but I can't figure out what it was called.
Metagame index should tell you
Link

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I had an idea for an OM.

Name: The 5th Move
Premise: Each Pokémon gains access to the move in the last teammate's first slot in addition to the 4 moves it already has.
Example:

With this team, Magearna would gain Magma Storm, Heracross would gain Shift Gear, Tapu Bulu would gain Close Combat, Kartana would gain Wood Hammer, Landorus-T would gain Defog and Heatran would gain U-turn.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Substitute

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Nature's Madness
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Banlist: OU Banlist & Clauses
Extra bans: Smeargle
Unbans: Nothing

Q&A

If a Pokemon goes down will it still donate the move?
Yes.

Will Shift Gear, Shell Smash and Quiver Dance be broken?
Honestly hard to say. I would rather test first.

What gains viability here?
Mew has a plethora of good moves it can donate; Dragonite can give Extreme Speed; Salamence and Gyarados can donate Dragon Dance and in turn appreciate having a good physical Flying STAB. Victini can donate any of V-create, Bolt Strike or Celebrate and in turn likes having Ground or Fighting coverage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)