Project Metagame Workshop

Ok, I have sooo many questions.
  • Do all the abilities of each mon activate?
  • Do you get all of the moves of each mon?
  • What's the limit of characters?
  • Is this a 1v1?
  • Not a question, but National Dex Formats are not allowed (I saw a Charizard on a Sample Team with Hidden Power Ice)
  • Why are there illegal moves on some of the sample teams? Charizard obviously does not get Blue Flare.
That's it for the questions. However, if your able to give Charizard Blue Flare, then this just seems like 1v1 Balanced Hackmons with a little extra flare to it. I could potentially see this working out but this also seems very advanced as well.
Wdym? The Mons ability can be either any of it's own abilities or any of the abilities of the Mon who's name is spelled

There is no character limit longer names means more mons for however forms are not counted as different Mons so keldeo includes keldeo resolute IE no naming things dudunsparce three segment for more mons

Blue flare comes from victini which is what that team spells although not that team is invalid because naganadel is Ubers dunno how they forgot that

You can use any move or ability from the Mon who's name is spelled excluding banned moves af course each Mon can get as many moves from the spelled Mon as it wants, you are also not forced to run the Mon who's name is spelled on the team IE just because you spelled baltoy doesn't mean you have to run it but you can use it's ability or movement on your team members

How many more? Most Pokemon have 6, 7, 8, or 9 characters. How will you determine the limit?
There is no limit so some Mons may get banned for having long names I the future currently we're considering banning blacephalon because of that along side other reasons
Wdym? The Mons ability can be either any of it's own abilities or any of the abilities of the Mon who's name is spelled

There is no character limit longer names means more mons for however forms are not counted as different Mons so keldeo includes keldeo resolute IE no naming things dudunsparce three segment for more mons

Blue flare comes from victini which is what that team spells although not that team is invalid because naganadel is Ubers dunno how they forgot that

You can use any move or ability from the Mon who's name is spelled excluding banned moves af course each Mon can get as many moves from the spelled Mon as it wants, you are also not forced to run the Mon who's name is spelled on the team IE just because you spelled baltoy doesn't mean you have to run it but you can use it's ability or movement on your team members
Also every Mon on a team can use the ability or moves of the spelt Mon

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Spelling cup by thebobatea

# **SPELLING CUP RULES AND GUIDE**

# **HOW IT WORKS**
By selecting mons,you will spell out names and create new mons; if that sounds confusing,I will give an example. By having a team of dondozo,iron hands,Ting lu,terapagos and oinkologne,you will spell out "ditto" making it so all of your mons can have the moves and abilities of ditto. It will only count one pokemon when spelled and you can inly use mons to spellother mons. By spelling a mon,you get acess to their forms' abilities and moves. The meta will be taking place in custom game as you can have more than six party members

# SPELLING CUP BANS & RESTRICTS

**Banned Abilities**
Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Speed Boost, Stench, Wonder Guard, Contrary, Magic Guard

**Restricted Abilities**
Chlorophyll, Magnet Pull, Neutralising Gas, Regenerator, Swift Swim, Unburden, Armor Tail, Comatose, Contrary, Dazzling, Fur Coat, Gale Wings, Good As Gold, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker, Multiscale, Poison Heal, Prankster, Protosynthesis, Pure Power, Purifying Salt, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Quick Feet, Sand Rush, Simple, Slush Rush, Stakeout, Stamina, Sturdy, Surge Surfer, Tinted Lens, Triage, Unaware

All Pokemons in Ubers are not allowed

**Banned Pokemon**
Smeargle, Shedinja

**Restricted Pokemon (spelling)**
Ditto, Ogerpon

**Restricted Pokemon (recievers)**
Regigigas, Slaking

**Banned Moves**
Baton Pass, Last Respects, Shed Tail,Bolt Beak,Fisheous Rend,No Retreat,Clangerous Soul

Tera is also banned

There's also a server if anybody is interested
https://discord.com/invite/txHXKaHe

# SAMPLE TEAMS

[Victini Sun Offense (feat. Toxapex)]
https://pokepast.es/f9952d8225bc928e by rightclicker

[Quarked up lesbians]
https://pokepast.es/b3b0701afcf354dc by tentacultistry

[Merciless Balance]
https://pokepast.es/dedae3b4d9b06786 by rightclicker
Our formats don't use National Dex, you would be limited to moves and abilities each Pokémon can get in the current generation.
The format seems very similar to Inheritance and Convergence in concept, but with enough freedom to end closer to Balanced Hackmons, we don't need more formats like those, we prioritize more original ideas.
You also need more posts in the section if you want to lead a format, check out the existing OMs to get a better idea of how things work here.

There is no limit so some Mons may get banned for having long names I the future currently we're considering banning blacephalon because of that along side other reasons

Also every Mon on a team can use the ability or moves of the spelt Mon
Our formats don't use National Dex, you would be limited to moves and abilities each Pokémon can get in the current generation.
The format seems very similar to Inheritance and Convergence in concept, but with enough freedom to end closer to Balanced Hackmons, we don't need more formats like those, we prioritize more original ideas.
You also need more posts in the section if you want to lead a format, check out the existing OMs to get a better idea of how things work here.

Hmm alright I see then well thanks for the feedback!

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
Spelling cup by thebobatea

# **SPELLING CUP RULES AND GUIDE**

# **HOW IT WORKS**
By selecting mons,you will spell out names and create new mons; if that sounds confusing,I will give an example. By having a team of dondozo,iron hands,Ting lu,terapagos and oinkologne,you will spell out "ditto" making it so all of your mons can have the moves and abilities of ditto. It will only count one pokemon when spelled and you can inly use mons to spellother mons. By spelling a mon,you get acess to their forms' abilities and moves. The meta will be taking place in custom game as you can have more than six party members

# SPELLING CUP BANS & RESTRICTS

**Banned Abilities**
Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Speed Boost, Stench, Wonder Guard, Contrary, Magic Guard

**Restricted Abilities**
Chlorophyll, Magnet Pull, Neutralising Gas, Regenerator, Swift Swim, Unburden, Armor Tail, Comatose, Contrary, Dazzling, Fur Coat, Gale Wings, Good As Gold, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker, Multiscale, Poison Heal, Prankster, Protosynthesis, Pure Power, Purifying Salt, Queenly Majesty, Quick Draw, Quick Feet, Sand Rush, Simple, Slush Rush, Stakeout, Stamina, Sturdy, Surge Surfer, Tinted Lens, Triage, Unaware

All Pokemons in Ubers are not allowed

**Banned Pokemon**
Smeargle, Shedinja

Smeargle, Shedinja

**Restricted Pokemon (spelling)**
Ditto, Ogerpon

**Restricted Pokemon (recievers)**
Regigigas, Slaking

**Banned Moves**
Baton Pass, Last Respects, Shed Tail,Bolt Beak,Fisheous Rend,No Retreat,Clangerous Soul

Tera is also banned

There's also a server if anybody is interested
https://discord.com/invite/txHXKaHe

# SAMPLE TEAMS

[Victini Sun Offense (feat. Toxapex)]
https://pokepast.es/f9952d8225bc928e by rightclicker

[Quarked up lesbians]
https://pokepast.es/b3b0701afcf354dc by tentacultistry

[Merciless Balance]
https://pokepast.es/dedae3b4d9b06786 by rightclicker
This seems very limited? Like how many Pokemon can you spell with 1-6 letters?
**Banned Pokemon**
Smeargle, Shedinja
Also, Shedinja isn't even in SV, what is this based around? There's a lot of restrictions off the bat too, seems a bit hasty. I don't know, I wouldn't play this...

You missed this line:
The meta will be taking place in custom game as you can have more than six party members
The real restriction is not the number of Pokemon you can spell but the number that have long enough names to be worth using; for instance Clefable and Tauros are great donors in Inheritance but here would be at a massive disadvantage against a Crabominable team because they would start out 4 or 6 mons down.
Having a maximum of 6 Pokemon would actually make it less restrictive: there are 161 Pokemon with 6 characters in their name as opposed to only 3 with 12 characters and 21 with 11 characters, assuming the info here is accurate.

Also, Shedinja isn't even in SV, what is this based around? There's a lot of restrictions off the bat too, seems a bit hasty. I don't know, I wouldn't play this...
Natdex, we didn't have many bans at first but then I made a hail team where everything had boltbeak and we ended up kinda borrowing the shared power ban list

Gastro Acid only disables the ability in the ability slot...right?
By default for Mold Breaker, Neutralising Gas and Gastro Acid the simulator will try to disable anything with an effect type of Ability. There are some caveats in that primal weather won't turn off by default and Gastro Acid will have no effect if the main ability is immune to it, which I can imagine would be coded around, but I can't envisage it being coded to only disable to main Ability.

lmao, time to walk up with my "Gouging Fire" sun team which is a good 11 mons long and beats everything with sheer brute force.

No, this OM is silly
Ninetales and torkoal don't have a g and gouging fire doesn't have an n or a T so gouging fire sun teams, also most people's teams tend to range from 9 to 12 mons so it's not like You're gonna have the numerical advantage everytime also most trams with fewer mons tend to quite strong since you need a good incentive to give up having a lot of mons also proto is restricted so gfire wouldn't be passsing it down

Last edited:
Ninetales and torkoal don't have a g and gouging fire doesn't have an n or a T so gouging fire sun teams, also most people's teams tend to range from 9 to 12 mons so it's not like You're gonna have the numerical advantage everytime also most trams with fewer mons tend to quite strong since you need a good incentive to give up having a lot of mons also proto is restricted so gfire wouldn't be passsing it down
GougiNg Fire

I still do not know how you are going to balance out the number of Pokemon per team. It seems way too unbalanced right now.
One way to balance it would be to not require every mon on the team to be part of the spelling. Have a set maximum number of mons (probably 12 would be best if you want to allow inheriting from mons with long names), and everything inherits from whatever mon is spelled (for instance a CLEFABLEDHTG team would have all 12 mons inherit from Clefable).
Alternatively, have a maximum number of mons and have each mon inherit from whatever name it is part of spelling (so a CLEFABLEMEWZ team would have the first 8 mons inherit from Clefable and the next 3 from Mew while the last mon does not inherit from anything).

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Full Arsenal
Metagame premise:
Gain access to all Physical/Special moves based on your higher Attack or Special Attack (respectively). Pokémon with the same offensive stats (example: Mew) will get access to both.

Example: Kingambit would get access to every Physical attack, since it’s Attack stat is the higher than it’s SpAttack.

OU Based
-Species Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Evasion Items Clause
-Evasion Moves Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Moody Clause
-Endless Battle Clause
-Tera Clause (no Terastelizing)

Potential bans and threats:
Kingambit
Lokix

Boomburst
Gigaton Hammer

Magic Guard
Water Spout/Eruption/Dragon Energy
Contrary/Enamorous
Diamond Storm
Serene Grace
Electro Drift/Collision Course
Sacred Fire
Extreme Speed
Last Respects
Rage Fist
Population Bomb
Quiver Dance

Questions for the community:

Should Status moves be accounted for in this theoretical metagame? Maybe if it was based on HP or Speed being the highest?

This metagame is Moves-focused, so I made the threat/banlist on broken moves and less broken Pokemon/Abilities, but I wonder:
Would Contrary be too much for this metagame?
What about Magic Guard? There’s only 2 or so Pokemon that actually get it, and they’re managable if I remember correctly.

What are your thoughts on Kingambit or Lokix?

Full Arsenal
Metagame premise:
Gain access to all Physical/Special moves based on your higher Attack or Special Attack (respectively). Pokémon with the same offensive stats (example: Mew) will get access to both.

Example: Kingambit would get access to every Physical attack, since it’s Attack stat is the higher than it’s SpAttack.

OU Based
-Species Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Evasion Items Clause
-Evasion Moves Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Moody Clause
-Endless Battle Clause
-Tera Clause (no Terastelizing)

Potential bans and threats:
Kingambit
Lokix

Boomburst
Gigaton Hammer

Magic Guard
Water Spout/Eruption/Dragon Energy
Contrary/Enamorous
Diamond Storm
Serene Grace
Electro Drift/Collision Course
Sacred Fire
Extreme Speed
Last Respects
Rage Fist
Population Bomb
Quiver Dance

Questions for the community:

Should Status moves be accounted for in this theoretical metagame? Maybe if it was based on HP or Speed being the highest?

This metagame is Moves-focused, so I made the threat/banlist on broken moves and less broken Pokemon/Abilities, but I wonder:
Would Contrary be too much for this metagame?
What about Magic Guard? There’s only 2 or so Pokemon that actually get it, and they’re managable if I remember correctly.

Seems a bit unbalanced as you'll have to consider that mons like Kingambit now can use Sunsteel Strike, Knock Off, Bullet Punch, etc. Also, to shorten the list of clauses, use "Standard OMs". This metagame will probably be similar to OMs like Stabmons (because stuff like Kingambit is just gonna use strong stab moves + EQ) and Sketchmons (because every mon is gonna use moves not previously useable).

Metagame Idea: League of Pokemons

Concept: you build a team of 6 mons as usual, ou banlist etc etc. However, each mon can only use the first two moves in their moveslot and they start with 0 'Level Up (LU)' counter. At the end of each turn, all mons out on the field gains +1 LU counter, up to a maximum of 4. Each LU counter is permanent and lasts for the rest of the game. It grants +7.5% extra damage received and damage dealt. This only affects direct damage. Once a mon reaches 2 and 4 LU counters respectively, they will unlock their 3rd and 4th moveslots.

Example: I'm running a headlong/cc/rocks/spin great tusk. When I send it out on turn 1, it only has headlong and cc. I stay in and click cc. At the end of that turn, I get 1 LU counter, and my great tusk now deals 7.5% extra damage and takes 7.5% less damage. I stay in and click cc again. At the end if the turn, the great tusk gains another LU stack and unlocks stealth rocks, so now it can set up rocks. I switch the tusk out for goldengo. The tusk keeps the 2 LU stacks for the rest of the game but does not gain another this turn since I switched it out. Instead, the gholdengo gains 1 LU stack. If I switch my tusk back in, it retains the 2 LU stacks it had gotten and gains another at the end of that turn.

Metagame Idea: League of Pokemons

Concept: you build a team of 6 mons as usual, ou banlist etc etc. However, each mon can only use the first two moves in their moveslot and they start with 0 'Level Up (LU)' counter. At the end of each turn, all mons out on the field gains +1 LU counter, up to a maximum of 4. Each LU counter is permanent and lasts for the rest of the game. It grants +7.5% extra damage received and damage dealt. This only affects direct damage. Once a mon reaches 2 and 4 LU counters respectively, they will unlock their 3rd and 4th moveslots.

Example: I'm running a headlong/cc/rocks/spin great tusk. When I send it out on turn 1, it only has headlong and cc. I stay in and click cc. At the end of that turn, I get 1 LU counter, and my great tusk now deals 7.5% extra damage and takes 7.5% less damage. I stay in and click cc again. At the end if the turn, the great tusk gains another LU stack and unlocks stealth rocks, so now it can set up rocks. I switch the tusk out for goldengo. The tusk keeps the 2 LU stacks for the rest of the game but does not gain another this turn since I switched it out. Instead, the gholdengo gains 1 LU stack. If I switch my tusk back in, it retains the 2 LU stacks it had gotten and gains another at the end of that turn.
Its pretty restricting to prevent mons from not having access to all their moves, and its pretty clear at this point that any format that is restrictive in any sort of way will likely not be accepted.

Been awhile since I've done one of these, so here we are.

:scream tail:Boostermons:iron bundle:

In Generation 9, Gamefreak introduced us with an ability unique to Paradox Pokemon that allowed these Pokemon to have their highest stat boosted if holding the Booster Energy. So, what if all mons could use this ability?

Rules:

Mechanic:
If a Pokemon is holding the Booster Energy Item, then their highest stat gets boosted by x1.3 or x1.5 if the Speed Stat is the highest stat.
Example:
Gholdengo @ Booster Energy
Ability: Good as Gold
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
Stat Spread: 315/112/225/365/219/293
Since Gholdengo's highest stat is its Special Attack stat, that stat is boosted by x1.3.
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Clause Mod, Terastal Clause
Banlist:
Banned Pokemon:
:calyrex-shadow:Calyrex-Shadow
:annihilape:Annihilape
:arceus:Arceus(All Forms)
:baxcalibur:Baxcalibur
:calyrex-ice:Calyrex-Ice
:chien-pao:Chien-Pao
:chi-yu:Chi-Yu
:deoxys:Deoxys
:deoxys-attack:Deoxys-Attack
:dialga:Dialga(Base+Origin)
:espathra:Espathra
:eternatus:Eternatus
:flutter mane:Flutter Mane
:giratina:Giratina(Base+Origin)
:groudon:Groudon
:ho-oh:Ho-oh
:koraidon:Koraidon
:kyogre:Kyogre
:kyurem-black:Kyurem-B
:kyurem-white:Kyurem-W
:landorus:Landorus-I
:lugia:Lugia
:lunala:Lunala
:magearna-original:Magearna
:mewtwo:Mewtwo
:miraidon:Miraidon
:necrozma-dawn-wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
:necrozma-dusk-mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:palafin-hero:Palafin
:palkia:Palkia(Base+Origin)
:rayquaza:Rayquaza
:reshiram:Reshiram
:shaymin-sky:Shaymin-Sky
:solgaleo:Solgaleo
:spectrier:Spectrier
:terapagos-stellar:Terapagos
:ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Blood
:urshifu:Urshifu(Single+Rapid)
:zacian-crowned:Zacian(Base+Crown)
:zamazenta-crowned:Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom:Zekrom
Banned Moves:
:sceptile:Shed Tail
:houndstone:Last Respects
:clefable:Baton Pass
:sneasler:Dire Claw
Banned Abilities:
:smeargle:Moody
:gengar-mega:Shadow Tag
:dugtrio:Arena Trap
:garchomp:Sand Veil
:mamoswine:Snow Cloak
Banned Items:
:politoed:King’s Rock
:weavile:Razor Fang

Strategy:

Increased Viability:

:kingambit: Mons like Kingambit that don't typically worry about their item during battle could now take advantage of a Boost in the Attack stat. With the combo of Supreme Overlord and Booster Energy, it will be tough to prevent this mon from Sucker Punch sweeping your entire team.

Decreased Viability:
:iron valiant: Knock Off users like Iron Valiant won't have anything to Knock Off if the Booster Energy has already been used, so it will be interesting to see a metagame without Knock Off being strong.
:gliscor: Those that rely on items for something such as their ability won't be able to use the Booster Energy as Gliscor is much more likely to use the Toxic Orb for Poison Heal than the Booster Energy for a boost in Defense or Attack.

Q&A:

Q: Do I need to set my ability to Protosynthesis or Quark Drive to receive the Booster Energy boost?
A: No, this metagame will hopefully be coded so that you receive the Booster Energy boost regardless of ability.

Q: Does Sun or Electric Terrain trigger the boost?
A: No, only the Booster Energy does.

Q: Can the HP stat be boosted?
A: No.

Please ask if you have any other questions.

Resources:

Playability:
This format isn’t currently playable.

Council:
:iron bundle: Gambit_Gamin (Leader)

Ban History: Nothing yet.

Questions for the Community:

Question: Do you think that this OM is too similar to Standard Play?

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Been awhile since I've done one of these, so here we are.

:scream tail:Boostermons:iron bundle:

In Generation 9, Gamefreak introduced us with an ability unique to Paradox Pokemon that allowed these Pokemon to have their highest stat boosted if holding the Booster Energy. So, what if all mons could use this ability?

Rules:

Mechanic:
If a Pokemon is holding the Booster Energy Item, then their highest stat gets boosted by x1.3 or x1.5 if the Speed Stat is the highest stat.
Example:
Gholdengo @ Booster Energy
Ability: Good as Gold
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
Stat Spread: 315/112/225/365/219/293
Since Gholdengo's highest stat is its Special Attack stat, that stat is boosted by x1.3.
Clauses: Standard OMs, Sleep Clause Mod, Terastal Clause
Banlist:
Banned Pokemon:
:calyrex-shadow:Calyrex-Shadow
:annihilape:Annihilape
:arceus:Arceus(All Forms)
:baxcalibur:Baxcalibur
:calyrex-ice:Calyrex-Ice
:chien-pao:Chien-Pao
:chi-yu:Chi-Yu
:deoxys:Deoxys
:deoxys-attack:Deoxys-Attack
:dialga:Dialga(Base+Origin)
:espathra:Espathra
:eternatus:Eternatus
:flutter mane:Flutter Mane
:giratina:Giratina(Base+Origin)
:groudon:Groudon
:ho-oh:Ho-oh
:koraidon:Koraidon
:kyogre:Kyogre
:kyurem-black:Kyurem-B
:kyurem-white:Kyurem-W
:landorus:Landorus-I
:lugia:Lugia
:lunala:Lunala
:magearna-original:Magearna
:mewtwo:Mewtwo
:miraidon:Miraidon
:necrozma-dawn-wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
:necrozma-dusk-mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:palafin-hero:Palafin
:palkia:Palkia(Base+Origin)
:rayquaza:Rayquaza
:reshiram:Reshiram
:shaymin-sky:Shaymin-Sky
:solgaleo:Solgaleo
:spectrier:Spectrier
:terapagos-stellar:Terapagos
:ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Blood
:urshifu:Urshifu(Single+Rapid)
:zacian-crowned:Zacian(Base+Crown)
:zamazenta-crowned:Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom:Zekrom
Banned Moves:
:sceptile:Shed Tail
:houndstone:Last Respects
:clefable:Baton Pass
:sneasler:Dire Claw
Banned Abilities:
:smeargle:Moody
:gengar-mega:Shadow Tag
:dugtrio:Arena Trap
:garchomp:Sand Veil
:mamoswine:Snow Cloak
Banned Items:
:politoed:King’s Rock
:weavile:Razor Fang

Strategy:

Increased Viability:

:kingambit: Mons like Kingambit that don't typically worry about their item during battle could now take advantage of a Boost in the Attack stat. With the combo of Supreme Overlord and Booster Energy, it will be tough to prevent this mon from Sucker Punch sweeping your entire team.

Decreased Viability:
:iron valiant: Knock Off users like Iron Valiant won't have anything to Knock Off if the Booster Energy has already been used, so it will be interesting to see a metagame without Knock Off being strong.
:gliscor: Those that rely on items for something such as their ability won't be able to use the Booster Energy as Gliscor is much more likely to use the Toxic Orb for Poison Heal than the Booster Energy for a boost in Defense or Attack.

Q&A:

Q: Do I need to set my ability to Protosynthesis or Quark Drive to receive the Booster Energy boost?
A: No, this metagame will hopefully be coded so that you receive the Booster Energy boost regardless of ability.

Q: Does Sun or Electric Terrain trigger the boost?
A: No, only the Booster Energy does.

Q: Can the HP stat be boosted?
A: No.

Please ask if you have any other questions.

Resources:

Playability:
This format isn’t currently playable.

Council:
:iron bundle: Gambit_Gamin (Leader)

Ban History: Nothing yet.

Questions for the Community:

Question: Do you think that this OM is too similar to Standard Play?
To answer your question, yes, I think it’s way too close to standard play. Even if it were to be without Booster Energy, it just doesn’t seem drastic enough. It’s basically just giving everything a free stat boost and that’s it.

Any metagame where lokix is viable is a good metagame.
That being said, I really struggle to see why lokix would be so broken as to deserve a watchlist mention. As a Lokix Enthusiast™, Lokix has all the moves it really wants. Leech Life, Fimp, Sucker, Knock, U-turn, Swords Dance, Agility, and Axe Kick. The only thing I can think of to give it is megahorn, which is a nice buff and helps make up for its low base attack, but it doesn't fix the issues of being slow, item-dependent with a rocks weakness, and having a bad offensive type even after Tinted Lens. And reminder, this takes place in a meta where moves like Sacred Fire, Diamond Storm, and Eruption are going to be EVERYWHERE, and I'm willing to bet that Population Bomb is going to make Rocky Helmets omnipresent as well. I love my lil guy, but if anything I think it's worse here than OU, and certainly a far cry from banworthy.

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Any metagame where lokix is viable is a good metagame.
That being said, I really struggle to see why lokix would be so broken as to deserve a watchlist mention. As a Lokix Enthusiast™, Lokix has all the moves it really wants. Leech Life, Fimp, Sucker, Knock, U-turn, Swords Dance, Agility, and Axe Kick. The only thing I can think of to give it is megahorn, which is a nice buff and helps make up for its low base attack, but it doesn't fix the issues of being slow, item-dependent with a rocks weakness, and having a bad offensive type even after Tinted Lens. And reminder, this takes place in a meta where moves like Sacred Fire, Diamond Storm, and Eruption are going to be EVERYWHERE, and I'm willing to bet that Population Bomb is going to make Rocky Helmets omnipresent as well. I love my lil guy, but if anything I think it's worse here than OU, and certainly a far cry from banworthy.
I had put Population Bomb and the likes on there, but honestly the moves are more like moves I’d quickban rather than see if they’re too much or not.

Lokix just seemed slightly more absurd with access to Gigaton Hammer (if it stayed legal), Headlong Rush, Darkest Lariat, etc. Especially with Tinted Lens boosting its offense, it just seemed like an issue because it could just click something and watch things take heavy damage.

Hello everyone, I didn't post in a while but I see that some of you seriously racked their brain to expose potential OMs, so I'm amazed. Let me follow your example (I'm always grateful for your comments, even the harsh words. I did many drafts but none of them convinced me enough to put in suggestion) :

BOUND
maillon_boundEffect.jpg
EFFECT

Premise : Pokémons share secondary effects from moves of the same type than their teammates'.

Rules :

Single battle 6v6. When a statut move is used, all effects from the team's same type statut moves will be added, and so respectively with offensive ones. The effects follow according to how many active pokémon are left in the team, yet their probability of happening (for offensive moves) and the accuracy of the matched moves are taken into account.

Here is a team of 6 pokémons

1704555239891.png
[Crunch/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Facade]
1704555321843.png
[Stone Axe/X-Scissor/Endure/Night Slash]
1704555398625.png
[Slack Off/Whirlwind/Bulldoze/Ice Fang]
1704555511583.png
[Knock Off/Gigaton Hammer/Smack Down/Encore]
1704555639762.png
[Rapid Spin/Sword Dance/Brick Break/Earthquake]
1704555800805.png
[U-Turn/Scorching Sand/Focus Blast/Sludge Bomb]

So whenever Crunch is used, and as long as teammates are in good shape, it will potentially reduce Defense, make a critical hit, and remove an item.
Same for X-Scissor which'd let Kleavor switch out of field, or Endure which enables it to whistand next hit, recover HP, then boost its Attack (Whirlwind would also activate although its priority is negative) - and so on. The additionnal effects vanish for each Pokémon fainted.

Clauses :

Endless Battle Clause ;
Evasion Clause : moves that increase evasion or reduce accuracy are forbidden ;
Freeze Clause : only one pokémon can freeze ;
Heal Clause : only one healing move user per team allowed ;
OHKO Clause ;
Same Move Clause : if two pokémons or more possess the same moves, or moves of the same type with same effects, their effects toggle only once per turn ;
Sleep Clause : moves that induce sleep are forbidden ;
Species Clause.

Bans :

Arena Trap
Contrary
Moody
Sand Veil
Sand Force
Shadow Tag
Slush Rush
Snow Cloack
Speed Boost
Bright Powder
King's Rock
Loaded Dice
Baton Pass
Copycat
Clangorous Soul
Fillet Away
Flower Trick
Last Respects
Metronome
Power Trip
Rage Fist
Shed Tail
Shell Smash
Shift Gear
Stored Power
Surging Strike
Tail Glow
Tidy Up
Wicked Blow
Wish
Arceus (all forms)
Baxcalibur
Calyrex-Ice
Calyrex-Shadow
Chi-Yu
Chien-Pao
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga (both forms)
Ethernatus
Flutter Mane
Giratina (both forms)
Groudon
Ho-oh
Hoopa-Unbound
Iron Bundle
Koraidon
Kyogre
Kyurem Black + White
Landorus
Lugia
Lunala
Magearna (both forms)
Mewtwo
Miraidon
Necrozma Dusk Mane + Dawn Wings
Ogerpon
Palafin (both forms)
Palkia (both forms)
Rayquaza
Regieleki
Reshiram
Shaymin-Sky
Spectrier
Terapagos (all forms)
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon
Zacian (both forms)
Zamazenta-Crowned
Zekrom

Restricted Bans :

First Impression + U-turn (Teammate)
Any normal type multi-hit moves + Fake Out (Teammate)
Beat Up + Assurance (Teammate)
Protect + Roar/Whirlwind (Teammate)
Protect + Substitute (Teammate)
Any priority water type move + Flip Turn (Teammate)
Thunderclap + Volt Switch (Teammate)

Watchlist :

Opportunist
Prankster
Serene Grace
Unaware
Clear Amulet
Terastallization
Assist
Belly Drum
No Retreat
Parting Shot
Shift Gear
Tri Attack
Paint Split + Recover/Slack Off/Milk Drink (Teammate)
Protect+ Wish (Teammate)
Substitute + Wish (Teammate)
Gholdengo
Kingambit
Urshifu (both forms)
Volcarona

Noticeable Increased Viability :

Dragonite
1704554239878.png
takes even more advantage of Extreme Speed when supported by Rapid Spin
1704554364832.png
and Hyper Drill
1704554434193.png
, as it can bypass Protect users, remove hazards and still be faster. Its wide coverage plus its ability to place itself on the field thanks to Multiscale and the Heavy-duty Boots, make it a huge threat as a sweeper.

Noticeable Decreased Viability :

Glimmora
1704554497072.png
lose in practicality as its main lead role being reversed by any normal type users, because of the potential Rapid Spin effect. It lack of speed would be compensated by its access to Rock Polish ; then, its Toxic + Corrosion combo and its access to Spiky Shield, supported by Leech Seed
1704554576326.png
, would certainly make it a good cancer. Yet, it would still be cornered by most of steel type Pokémons, such as Iron Treads
1704554669658.png
, Gholdengo
1704554836331.png
or Corviknight
1704554897642.png

Q&A :

Q1 :
Does Pixilate (or equivalent) give effects of fairy type moves to the user ?
A1 : No, this OM's rules prevail any mechanics, so any Pixilate user will get effects from normal type moves.

Q2 : Do n-turns moves benefit effects from the regular ones ?
A2+N : Yes, but only with 2-turns moves : the effects would happen at the second turn. Note : in case a Pokémon use a normal-type statut move and one of its teammates has Wish, it'd get healed next turn.

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Hello everyone, I didn't post in a while but I see that some of you seriously racked their brain to expose potential OMs, so I'm amazed. Let me follow your example (I'm always grateful for your comments, even the harsh words. I did many drafts but none of them convinced me enough to put in suggestion) :

BOUND View attachment 588571 EFFECT

Premise : A Pokémon share same type moves effects with its teammates'.

Rules :

Single battle 6v6. When a statut move is used, all effects from the team's same type statut moves will be added, and so respectively with offensive ones. The effects follow according to how many active pokémon are left in the team, yet their probability of happening (for offensive moves) and the accuracy of the matched moves are taken into account.

Clauses :

Endless Battle Clause
Evasion Clause : moves that increase evasion or reduce accuracy are banned
Freeze Clause : only one pokémon can freeze
Heal Clause : only one healing move user per team allowed
OHKO Clause
Same Move Clause : if two pokémons or more possess the same moves, their effect toggle only once per turn.
Sleep Clause : moves that induce sleep are banned
Species Clause

Bans :

Abilities :
Arena Trap, Contrary, Moody, Sand Veil, Sand Force, Shadow Tag, Slush Rush, Snow Cloack, Speed Boost
Items : Bright Powder, King's Rock
Moves : Baton Pass, Copycat, Clangorous Soul, Fillet Away, Flower Trick, Last Respects, Metronome, Power Trip, Rage Fist, Shed Tail, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Stored Power, Surging Strike, Tail Glow, Tidy Up, Wicked Blow, Wish.
Pokémons : Arceus (all forms), Baxcalibur, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Chi-Yu, Chien-Pao, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga (both forms), Ethernatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina (both forms), Groudon, Ho-oh, Hoopa-Unbound,
Iron Bundle, Koraidon, Kyogre, Kyurem Black + White, Landorus, Lugia, Lunala, Magearna (both forms), Mewtwo, Miraidon, Necrozma Dusk Mane + Dawn Wings, Ogerpon, Palafin (both forms), Palkia (both forms),
Rayquaza, Regieleki, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Spectrier, Terapagos (all forms), Zacian (both forms), Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom

Restricted Bans :

First Impression + U-turn (Teammate)
Any normal type multi-hit moves + Fake Out (Teammate)
Beat Up + Assurance (Teammate)
Protect + Substitute (Teammate)
Any priority water type move + Flip Turn (Teammate)
Thunderclap + Volt Switch (Teammate)

Watchlist :

Abilities :
Opportunist, Prankster, Serene Grace, Unaware
Items : Loaded Dice, Clear Amulet
Mechanic : Terastallization
Moves : Assist, Belly Drum, No Retreat, Parting Shot, Shift Gear, Tri Attack
Moves Combo : Substitute + Wish (Teammate), Any Protect-like + Wish (Teammate)
Pokémons : Gholdengo, Kingambit, Urshifu (both forms), Volcarona

Noticeable Increased Viability :

Dragonite takes even more advantage of Extreme Speed when supported by Rapid Spin and Hyper Drill, as it can bypass Protect users, remove hazards and still be faster. Its wide coverage plus its ability to place itself on the field thanks to Multiscale and the Heavy-duty Boots, make it a huge threat as a sweeper.

Noticeable Decreased Viability :

Glimmora lose in practicality as its main lead role being reversed by any normal type users, because of the potential Rapid Spin effect. It lack of speed would be compensated by its access to Rock Polish ; then, its Toxic + Corrosion combo and its access to Spiky Shield, supported by Leech Seed, would certainly make it a good cancer. Yet, it would still be cornered by most of steel type Pokémons, such as Iron Treads, Bronzong or Corviknight.

Q&A :

Q1 :
Does Pixilate (or equivalent) give effects of fairy type moves to the user ?
A1 : No, this OM's rules prevail any mechanics, so any Pixilate user will get effects from normal type moves.

Q2 : Do n-turns moves benefit effects from the regular ones ?
A2+N : Yes, but only with 2-turns moves : the effects would happen at the second turn. Note : in case a Pokémon use a normal-type statut move and one of its teammates has Wish, it'd get healed next turn.
I don’t get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)