Metamons - Where every generation shines

EV

Banned deucer.
With the advent of each generation, things change. Game Freak decides to make types interact with each other differently or revamps the way moves are classified. But what if we could "freeze" a Pokemon in its debut generation and see how it would interact with the rest of the metagame? If something was a dominant threat back in Generation 1, could it be one again, five generations later?

METAMONS

Every Pokemon reverts to the type chart of its debut generation.

At A Glance
  • When a Pokemon is attacking:
    • Generations 1-3 are bound by the pre-Physical/Special split.
    • Generations 4-6 are bound by the post-Physical/Special split.
  • When a Pokemon is defending:
    • Generation 1 is bound by the Gen 1 Type Chart.
    • Generations 2-5 are bound by the Gen 2-5 Type Chart.
    • Generation 6 is bound by the current Gen 6 Type Chart.
  • Defending Pokemon take precedence, so for example Gen 1 Psychics are immune to Ghost regardless of what generation the attacker comes from.
    • By extension, if a type didn't exist yet during that Pokemon's generation, it takes neutral damage from that type. For example, this means Gen 1 Pokemon take neutral damage from Dark, Steel, and Fairy attacks, which didn't exist yet.
  • All other current (Gen 6) mechanics apply, like abilities/weather/individual type mechanics like powder, etc.
  • Mega Pokemon are all currently considered Gen 6, which means you gain that type chart the same turn you mega evolve.
  • If a Pokemon was retyped, it reverts to the original typing it had at its creation. This doesn't affect anything else, like retyped moves.

Gen 1 - All Pokemon introduced this generation defend with this chart. They take neutral damage from Dark, Steel, and Fairy.

Gen 2-5 - All Pokemon introduced these generations defend with this chart. They take neutral damage from Fairy.

Gen 6 (current) - All Pokemon introduced this generation defend with this chart:

Pre-split Move Classifications - Affects Pokemon introduced Gens 1-3 when attacking:

Physical moves:
  • Normal
  • Fighting
  • Flying
  • Ground
  • Rock
  • Bug
  • Ghost
  • Poison
  • Steel
Special moves:
  • Water
  • Grass
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Electric
  • Psychic
  • Dragon
  • Dark
*Fairy doesn't fall into either category because when it was introduced, it never existed as only physical or special. It will keep its current split no matter what uses the move, e.g. Play Rough is physical and Moonblast is special, always.

Winners

Hidden Power -
60 base power coverage doesn't sound too exciting, but for Pokemon from Generations 1-3, it does grant some usefulness. Take Scizor for instance, who can now augment Hidden Power with Technician and give itself the relevant coverage it wants.

Generation 1 Psychics - You read that right: Psychic is only weak to Bug. This means they can't be Pursuit-trapped anymore and Knock Off does neutral damage. Unfortunately they lose out on hitting Dark-types SE unless they can attack with Bug or Fighting, which are physical for them.

Bulky Steels - As long as it's not from Generation 6, Steel goes back to resisting Ghost and Dark. Who's afraid of Knock Off now? Unfortunately, they also lose their resistance to Fairy and Gen 1 Pokemon take neutral damage from their STAB (Aerodactyl is smiling somewhere), but the utility they bring back to the metagame is greatly appreciated.

Better STAB - Hurricane Dragonite. Earth Power and Sludge Wave Nidoking. Focus Blast Machamp. Now these moves hit off their higher attacking stat, requiring new checks and counters or just putting more pressure on their old ones now that they hit harder.

Gen 6 Fairies - All Steel, Poison, and Fire types before Gen 6 no longer resist Fairy, which means some of their old checks are gone. As long as you run coverage for Gen 6 resists, or use a teammate to clear them, these guys might prove to be the biggest threats to the metagame.

Losers

Hidden Power - You win some, you lose some. Hidden Power coverage is split for some Pokemon, which means Ground is no longer an option on special attackers to hit Heatran for example.

Some Ghost and Dark-types
- The fact that you can't hit some Gen 1 Pokemon SE anymore with your STAB is a letdown. Plus, Gen 1-3 Ghosts need to be physical while Gen 1-3 Darks need to be special to take advantage of pre-split mechanics, and typically those roles are reversed. The reactivated NVE hits on almost every Steel-type adds insult to injury.

Wrong Side of the Split - These Pokemon have reduced or non-existent STAB to work with now. Gengar's Ghost/Poison hit physically. Crawdaunt's Dark/Water hit specially. At least Azumarill keeps physical Play Rough ... until you remember it's not Fairy anymore! They will need to adapt new roles or they will be left behind.

Retro-typed - Just when you thought your new typing was going to give you an edge in life, the rug is pulled out and you're back where you started. At least that's how Clefable, the Rotom formes, and Togekiss feel right now. Maybe they can turn things around and put that old typing back into action?

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Here are some sets to get an idea of how strategies will play out.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Hurricane
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Roost

Dragonite appreciates being from Generation 1 because it removes its weakness to Fairy. It also gains physical Flying moves to go with its higher Attack, but loses physical Dragon moves. That's not too bad a trade-off since Flying and Ground give it nice coverage.

Alakazam @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Evs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch / Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Dazzling Gleam

Elemental Punch Alakazam is back and better than before. Since it's from Generation 1, it's only weak to Bug moves. It's also no longer Pursuit-bait for the most part. It will miss Focus Blast's raw power to hit things like Tyranitar, but the lack of a Dark weakness is a decent trade-off.

*Note, if you mega evolve, you can use Focus Blast as a special move again.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Vacuum Wave / Hidden Power Rock

Scizor changes slightly since it can't run physical Knock Off anymore. It can run the previously special moves Vacuum Wave for pseudo-Mach Punch or HP Rock to hit Flying and Fire types it would struggle to get past otherwise. If Alakazam lacks Fire Punch, Scizor can come in safely and pressure it with U-turn.

*Note, if you mega evolve, you can use Knock Off as a physical move again.

Houndoom @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Substitute / Thunder Fang / Pursuit

Houndoom has a niche as the strongest special attacker with STAB on Sucker Punch and Pursuit. While most Psychic-types usually have better special bulk, Houndoom still serves as a great trapper for Victini, Chandelure, and Gardevoir (remember no Fairy). Thunder Fang is a weak coverage move but it may help versus some Water-types.

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Flash Cannon / Taunt / Toxic

Unlike Dragons, Dark-, and Fighting-types who appreciate losing their weakness to Fairy, Heatran actually loses its x4 resistance to it, meaning it can't sponge that type like it used to. All is not lost, as Heatran goes back to tanking Ghost and Dark instead.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Evs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Fire / Ground / Bug
- Psyshock
- Wish

Spam Hyper Voice. If you see a resist, use the appropriate coverage.

Last edited:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Punch
- Wish

The return of Jirachi! With Generation 3 mechanics back in effect for it, Ice Punch is now a Special move. What's more? No more Ghost- or Dark-type weakness! Basically, this is a Calm Mind Jirachi that is able to take advantage of these changes to the full extent of their worth. Psyshock follows regular mechanics, allowing it to beat down special walls, while Ice Punch nets excellent coverage. Potentially a great threat! Jirachi as a whole is a great Pokemon in this metagame because of the great buffs it receives due to nerfing that occurred in later metagames. Losing a Fairy-type resistance is worth the trade, in my opinion.

Um...I guess I'll try doing this as well. >.<

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
nature: Jolly
- Aerial Ace
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow Ball

My thoughts: I would say I adore Crobat a lot during Gen 3 R/S/E. This was pretty much the set I used while on my quest through the Battle Frontier when I played Emerald and I simply love this set a lot. Ghost-, Fighting-, and Poison-type attacks were physical back then (I mean its coverage moves) so Shadow Ball, HP Fighting and Sludge Bomb receives a boost from Choice Band. Shadow Ball allows Crobat to check Psychic-types, HP Fighting can also check Ice-, Rock-, and Steel-types as well. Mainly because Steel-types resist most of Crobat's attacks. Quite a deadly bat to deal with.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
nature: Adamant
- Curse
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Roar

My thoughts: Yes, I'm bringing back Curse Steelix with Explosion and Roar. This set can provide excellent use in getting rid of many threats (besides Ghost-types) with the combination of increasing its stats with Curse and then go BOOM BOOM with Explosion possibly OHKOing (most likely to be exact) a threat!!! This allows an open field for you to sweep with certain Pokemon on your team. Roar can also give out passive damage in conjunction with hazards to Ghost-types that doesn't have the move Levitate (with the exception of Stealth Rock). Earthquake of course allows it to check many Fire-, Steel-, and counter Poison-types.

I'm I doing it correctly? q.q

Last edited:
Hydreigon and Scrafty seem to like this metagame, not being absolutely obliterated by fairy anymore. Excadrill seems to be op asf like it was in gen 5 if weather works the way i think it does, same for Mega Swampert. Stuff like Weavile and Gengar seem to be ripped apart.

Oh and Fun Fact: Paras/Parasect are the only mons to have 3 4x weaknesses because Poison was SE on Bug in gen 1.

Edit: Weather works with the gen 6 mechanics

TFW you look at Landorus' movepool and you think it gets so many moves to abuse with its attack, but then you notice he is gen 5 ;-;

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Um...I guess I'll try doing this as well. >.<

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
- Aerial Ace
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow Ball

My thoughts: I would say I adore Crobat a lot during Gen 3 R/S/E. This was pretty much the set I used while on my quest through the Battle Frontier when I played Emerald and I simply love this set a lot. Ghost-, Fighting-, and Poison-type attacks were physical back then (I mean its coverage moves) so Shadow Ball, HP Fighting and Sludge Bomb receives a boost from Choice Band. Shadow Ball allows Crobat to check Psychic-types, HP Fighting can also check Ice-, Rock-, and Steel-types as well. Mainly because Steel-types resist most of Crobat's attacks. Quite a deadly bat to deal with.
I really like both of your sets, but wouldn't Brave Bird be better than Aerial Ace for more power? If I understand correctly, it should still get it, and it is twice as powerful for even more damage ^_^

Hydreigon and Scrafty seem to like this metagame, not being absolutely obliterated by fairy anymore. Excadrill seems to be op asf like it was in gen 5 if weather works the way i think it does, same for Mega Swampert. Stuff like Weavile and Gengar seem to be ripped apart.

Oh and Fun Fact: Paras/Parasect are the only mons to have 3 4x weaknesses because Poison was SE on Bug in gen 1.

TFW you look at Landorus' movepool and you think it gets so many moves to abuse with its attack, but then you notice he is gen 5 ;-;
Weather is run by Gen 6 mechanics:
  • All other current (Gen 6) mechanics apply, like abilities/weather/etc.

I really like both of your sets, but wouldn't Brave Bird be better than Aerial Ace for more power? If I understand correctly, it should still get it, and it is twice as powerful for even more damage ^_^

Weather is run by Gen 6 mechanics:
Oh didnt see that part, thats really good since excadrill wont steamroll through everything, thanks alot for pointing it out <3

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Oh didnt see that part, thats really good since excadrill wont steamroll through everything, thanks alot for pointing it out <3
np ^_^
Also, Pokemon such as Infernape and Heatran might be commonly paired with Gen 1 Psychics (i.e. Alakazam+Infernape offensive core or Heatran+Mew defensive core) as they 4x resist Bug, the only type SE on them.
Unfortunately, there's no Brave Bird in Gen 3 lol.
Yeah, but isn't this a gen 6 metagame, with gen 6 rules/mechanics, but just the resistances and physical/special split (for gen 1-3 pokemon) is changed? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understood it.
Also, Mega evolving shenanigans may be cool. I can't think of a good example right now, but changing your type chart makes predictions a lot more difficult for the opponent.

np ^_^
Also, Pokemon such as Infernape and Heatran might be commonly paired with Gen 1 Psychics (i.e. Alakazam+Infernape offensive core or Heatran+Mew defensive core) as they 4x resist Bug, the only type SE on them.

Yeah, but isn't this a gen 6 metagame, with gen 6 rules/mechanics, but just the resistances and physical/special split (for gen 1-3 pokemon) is changed? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understood it.
Also, Mega evolving shenanigans may be cool. I can't think of a good example right now, but changing your type chart makes predictions a lot more difficult for the opponent.
Hmm, I guess so. Then that means sense. RIP my first post. But at the same time Aerial Ace can also be an alternate move in case players would rather play safe and not risk any recoil damage if they need to save Crobat for a later game because it is Choice locked. That means it can't Roost freely from a Brave Bird.

Jynx might actually be viable here.

Jynx @ Damp Rock
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Frost Breath
- Calm Mind
- Lovely Kiss
- Rain Dance

Jynx's typing is no longer a huge detriment with Steel, Dark and Ghost weaknesses being eliminated. With only 3 weaknesses (bug, rock, fire) and 2 immunities (ghost, water), Jynx could make a good Calm Mind user and manual rain setter. Lovely Kiss can shut down switch-ins. Rain Dance gives Jynx pseudo-Fire neutrality and massive passive recovery while providing rain to other rain abusers. With Frost Breath Jynx doesn't care about any rival Calm Mind user except maybe Mega Slowbro (which probably won't be used over regular 'Bro thanks to Dark/Ghost weakness), even Unaware Clefable can be beaten with Lovely Kiss+Frost Breath. It can't do much about its horrible defense though. Still, I'd love to see how this does on a rain team.

Last edited:
I'm gonna foresee Mew is definatly going to be one hell of a metagame definer here.
One weakness and gigantic movepool to abuse makes it really hard to take down for nearly every role it usualy pulls off.
It basicly got an upgrade for all its support sets with this meta due of the defensive buff

canno

formerly The Reptile
ROTOM-N IS BACK BABY! This is probably a bad thing, but who cares? Ghost / Electric is awesome. Too bad Steel-types will resist its Ghosties, but hey.

Also Psychics look pretty good if they're from Gen 1. They still need to deal with Dark- and Steel-types since the Defensive stat takes up first (RIP Gen 1 Normal-types ;_;) and they don't actually have the tools to have it. Well, most of them. There's our boy Mew, who can run Superpower and U-Turn and stuff thanks to its decent 100 base attack. It also has a good defensive typing, only having a single weakness to Bug is nice.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hmm, I guess so. Then that means sense. RIP my first post. But at the same time Aerial Ace can also be an alternate move in case players would rather play safe and not risk any recoil damage if they need to save Crobat for a later game because it is Choice locked. That means it can't Roost freely from a Brave Bird.
No, you're first post is still good, just Brave Bird hits harder for more KOs, but Aerial Ace is still a viable option, like you said, for no recoil. Also, just noticed you forgot 6 EVs on Steelix and natures on both lol. Also, maybe Crobat would be good with Wish/Healing Wish support--Brave Bird and wreck stuff, switch out, then get fully healed later.

Also, Gardevoir gets pure Psychic typing (gen 3 tho :[) but then Mega evolves into Mega Garde to lose the Bug/Dark weaknesses, but giving it Steel/Poison weaknesses right? That might be cool to play around with, but Fairy STAB only hits gen 6 Pokemon for SE damage. It does have the advantage of hitting every gen 1-5 Pokemon (including stuff like Heatran, Excadrill, and Moltres) neutrally with Pixilate Hyper Voice--you might need to run a good special wall or a gen 6 Fire/Steel type to help with that, and Fairy types in general--they do seem like a great offensive type in this metagame, as pretty much everything is neutral to them.

Here are some lists of the Pokémon that fall into each category (pre-/post-split and for each category of defensive mechanics):
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
BURD JEEZUS
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran (F)
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran (M)
Nidorino
Nidoking
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Lakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Ponyta
Rapidash
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Onix
Hypno
Drowzee
Krabby
Kingler
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Lickitung
Koffing
Weezing
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
DA MIMEZ
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
EEVEE!!!
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Porygon
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew

Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Crobat
Chinchou
Lanturn
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Togepi
Togetic
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Bellossom
Marill
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Yanma
Wooper
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Murkrow
Slowking
Misdreavus
Unown
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Gligar
Steelix
Snubbull
Granbull
Qwilfish
Scizor
Shuckle
Heracross
Sneasel
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Swinub
Piloswine
Corsola
Remoraid
Octillery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndour
Houndoom
Kingdra
Phanpy
Donphan
Porygon2
Stantler
Smeargle
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Taillow
Swellow
Wingull
Pelipper
Ralts
Kirlia
Gardevoir
SURSKIT
Masquerain
Shroomish
Breloom
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Makuhita
Hariyama
Azurill
Nosepass
Skitty
Delcatty
Sableye
Mawile
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Meditite
Medicham
Electrike
Manectric
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Roselia
Gulpin
Swalot
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Torkoal
Spoink
Grumpig
Spinda
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Cacnea
Cacturne
Swablu
Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Barboach
Whiscash
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Baltoy
Claydol
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Feebas
Milotic
Castform
Kecleon
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
TROPIUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Chimecho
Absol
Wynaut
Snorunt
Glalie
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Bagon
Shellgon
Salamence
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
INFERNAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Budew
Roserade
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Combee
Vespiquen
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel
Cherubi
Cherrim
Shellos
Gastrodon
Ambipom
Drifloon
Drifblim
Buneary
Lopunny
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Stunky
Skuntank
Bronzor
Bronzong
Bonsly
Baby Mimez
Happiny
Chatot
Spiritomb
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp
Munchlax
Riolu
Lucario
Hippopotas
Hippowdon
Skorupi
Drapion
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Carnivine
Finneon
Lumineon
MONOTYKE!!!
Snover
Abomasnow
Weavile
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Tangrowth
Electivire
Magmortar
Togekiss
Yanmega
Leafeon
Glaceon
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Porygon-Z
Gallade
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass
Rotom
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

Victini
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Patrat
Watchog
Lillipup
Herdier
Stoutland
Purrloin
Liepard
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Munna
Musharna
Pidove
Tranquil
Unfezant
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Roggenrola
Boldore
Gigalith
Woobat
Swoobat
Drilbur
Excadrill
Audino
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Throh
Sawk
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Venipede
Whirlipede
Scolipede
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Petilil
Lilligant
Basculin
Sandile
Krokorok
Krookodile
Darumaka
Darmanitan
Maractus
Dwebble
Crustle
Scraggy
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Yamask
Cofagrigus
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Trubbish
Garbodor
Zorua
Zoroark
Minccino
Cinccino
Gothita
Gothorita
Gothitelle
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Ducklett
Swanna
Vanillite
Vanillish
Vanilluxe
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Emolga
Karrablast
Escavalier
Foongus
Amoonguss
Frillish
Jellicent
Alomomola
Joltik
Galvantula
Ferroseed
Ferrothorn
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Tynamo
Eelektrik
Eelektross
Elgyem
Beheeyem
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Axew
Fraxure
Haxorus
Cubchoo
Beartic
Cryogonal
Shelmet
Accelgor
Stunfisk
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Druddigon
Golett
Golurk
Pawniard
Bisharp
Bouffalant
Rufflet
Braviary
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Durant
Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon
Larvesta
Volcarona
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Landorus
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Fennekin
Braixen
Delphox
Froakie
Frogadier
Greninja
Bunnelby
Diggersby
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivillion
Litleo
Pyroar
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Skiddo
Gogoat
Pancham
Pangoro
Furfrou
Espurr
Meowstic
Honedge
Doublade
Aegislash
Spritzee
Aromatisse
Swirlix
Slurpuff
Inkay
Malamar
Binacle
Barbaracle
Skrelp
Dragalge
Clauncher
Clawitzer
Helioptile
Heliolisk
Tyrunt
Tyrantrum
Amaura
Aurorus
Sylveon
Hawlucha
Dedenne
Carbink
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Klefki
Phantump
Trevenant
Pumpkaboo
Gourgeist
Bergmite
Avalugg
Noibat
Noivern
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie
ALL MEGAS

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
BURD JEEZUS
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran (F)
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran (M)
Nidorino
Nidoking
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Lakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Ponyta
Rapidash
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Onix
Hypno
Drowzee
Krabby
Kingler
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Lickitung
Koffing
Weezing
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
DA MIMEZ
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
EEVEE!!!
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Porygon
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew

Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Crobat
Chinchou
Lanturn
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Togepi
Togetic
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Bellossom
Marill
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Yanma
Wooper
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Murkrow
Slowking
Misdreavus
Unown
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Gligar
Steelix
Snubbull
Granbull
Qwilfish
Scizor
Shuckle
Heracross
Sneasel
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Swinub
Piloswine
Corsola
Remoraid
Octillery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndour
Houndoom
Kingdra
Phanpy
Donphan
Porygon2
Stantler
Smeargle
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Taillow
Swellow
Wingull
Pelipper
Ralts
Kirlia
Gardevoir
SURSKIT
Masquerain
Shroomish
Breloom
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Makuhita
Hariyama
Azurill
Nosepass
Skitty
Delcatty
Sableye
Mawile
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Meditite
Medicham
Electrike
Manectric
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Roselia
Gulpin
Swalot
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Torkoal
Spoink
Grumpig
Spinda
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Cacnea
Cacturne
Swablu
Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Barboach
Whiscash
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Baltoy
Claydol
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Feebas
Milotic
Castform
Kecleon
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
TROPIUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Chimecho
Absol
Wynaut
Snorunt
Glalie
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Bagon
Shellgon
Salamence
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
INFERNAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Budew
Roserade
Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Combee
Vespiquen
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel
Cherubi
Cherrim
Shellos
Gastrodon
Ambipom
Drifloon
Drifblim
Buneary
Lopunny
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Stunky
Skuntank
Bronzor
Bronzong
Bonsly
Baby Mimez
Happiny
Chatot
Spiritomb
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp
Munchlax
Riolu
Lucario
Hippopotas
Hippowdon
Skorupi
Drapion
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Carnivine
Finneon
Lumineon
MONOTYKE!!!
Snover
Abomasnow
Weavile
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Tangrowth
Electivire
Magmortar
Togekiss
Yanmega
Leafeon
Glaceon
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Porygon-Z
Gallade
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass
Rotom
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

Victini
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Patrat
Watchog
Lillipup
Herdier
Stoutland
Purrloin
Liepard
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Munna
Musharna
Pidove
Tranquil
Unfezant
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Roggenrola
Boldore
Gigalith
Woobat
Swoobat
Drilbur
Excadrill
Audino
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Throh
Sawk
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Venipede
Whirlipede
Scolipede
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Petilil
Lilligant
Basculin
Sandile
Krokorok
Krookodile
Darumaka
Darmanitan
Maractus
Dwebble
Crustle
Scraggy
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Yamask
Cofagrigus
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Trubbish
Garbodor
Zorua
Zoroark
Minccino
Cinccino
Gothita
Gothorita
Gothitelle
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Ducklett
Swanna
Vanillite
Vanillish
Vanilluxe
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Emolga
Karrablast
Escavalier
Foongus
Amoonguss
Frillish
Jellicent
Alomomola
Joltik
Galvantula
Ferroseed
Ferrothorn
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Tynamo
Eelektrik
Eelektross
Elgyem
Beheeyem
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Axew
Fraxure
Haxorus
Cubchoo
Beartic
Cryogonal
Shelmet
Accelgor
Stunfisk
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Druddigon
Golett
Golurk
Pawniard
Bisharp
Bouffalant
Rufflet
Braviary
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Durant
Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon
Larvesta
Volcarona
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Landorus
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Fennekin
Braixen
Delphox
Froakie
Frogadier
Greninja
Bunnelby
Diggersby
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivillion
Litleo
Pyroar
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Skiddo
Gogoat
Pancham
Pangoro
Furfrou
Espurr
Meowstic
Honedge
Doublade
Aegislash
Spritzee
Aromatisse
Swirlix
Slurpuff
Inkay
Malamar
Binacle
Barbaracle
Skrelp
Dragalge
Clauncher
Clawitzer
Helioptile
Heliolisk
Tyrunt
Tyrantrum
Amaura
Aurorus
Sylveon
Hawlucha
Dedenne
Carbink
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Klefki
Phantump
Trevenant
Pumpkaboo
Gourgeist
Bergmite
Avalugg
Noibat
Noivern
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie
ALL MEGAS

Last edited:
Reactions: EV

EV

Banned deucer.
No, you're first post is still good, just Brave Bird hits harder for more KOs, but Aerial Ace is still a viable option, like you said, for no recoil. Also, just noticed you forgot 6 EVs on Steelix and natures on both lol. Also, maybe Crobat would be good with Wish/Healing Wish support--Brave Bird and wreck stuff, switch out, then get fully healed later.

Also, Gardevoir gets pure Psychic typing (gen 3 tho :[) but then Mega evolves into Mega Garde to lose the Bug/Dark weaknesses, but giving it Steel/Psychic weaknesses right? That might be cool to play around with, but Fairy STAB only hits gen 6 Pokemon for SE damage. It does have the advantage of hitting every gen 1-5 Pokemon (including stuff like Heatran, Excadrill, and Moltres) neutrally with Pixilate Hyper Voice--you might need to run a good special wall or a gen 6 Fire/Steel type to help with that, and Fairy types in general--they do seem like a great offensive type in this metagame, as pretty much everything is neutral to them.
*Steel/Poison weakness.

Yeah Gardevoir's Pixilate Hyper Voice (and Fairy in general) is only resisted by Aegislash, Delphox, Klefki, Pyroar, and Talonflame, one of which is Uber and three of which are offensively orientated, leaving Klefki as the only current viable answer. O.o
EDIT: Forgot the megas. Now we have Venusaur, Charizard-Y, Scizor, Aggron, Beedrill, Steelix, Camerupt, and Metagross to help.

Substitute Hyper Voice for Slurpuff's +6 Play Rough ... Well we might have a serious problem with Gen 6 Fairies. Sure, they don't get SE hits very often, but they don't get resisted hits often either.

Funnily enough, some bulky Dragons might be a nice answer to Fairies. Hydreigon for instance takes neutral damage from Gardevoir's Hyper Voice, is immune to Psyshock, and resists Hidden Power Fire, leaving Focus Blast as the best way to hit. Latias is an even better option, sharing the same resists to Psychic and Fire while also adding Fighting to that as well. Sadly they don't hit back with any SE damage themselves (bar Flash Cannon on Hydreigon). In terms of better type matchup, Dark/Poison might work, as it is immune to Psychic while being neutral to the other attacks and this time packs SE STAB.

Regardless, I would put Gardevoir near the top of threats along with Mew.

Also I think I'll edit the OP to try and clear up the "type mechanics" bit. I can see how that would mislead people to think Grass types aren't immune to Spore Gens 1-5 for example. They might be possible to code but I think it would make too complicated. I'd rather stick with just type matchups.

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
*Steel/Poison weakness.

Yeah Gardevoir's Pixilate Hyper Voice (and Fairy in general) is only resisted by Aegislash, Delphox, Klefki, Pyroar, and Talonflame, one of which is Uber and three of which are offensively orientated, leaving Klefki as the only current viable answer. O.o

Substitute Hyper Voice for Slurpuff's +6 Play Rough ... Well we might have a serious problem with Gen 6 Fairies. Sure, they don't get SE hits very often, but they don't get resisted hits often either.

Funnily enough, some bulky Dragons might be a nice answer to Fairies. Hydreigon for instance takes neutral damage from Gardevoir's Hyper Voice, is immune to Psyshock, and resists Hidden Power Fire, leaving Focus Blast as the best way to hit. Latias is an even better option, sharing the same resists to Psychic and Fire while also adding Fighting to that as well. Sadly they don't hit back with any SE damage themselves (bar Flash Cannon on Hydreigon). In terms of better type matchup, Dark/Poison might work, as it is immune to Psychic while being neutral to the other attacks and this time packs SE STAB.

Also I think I'll edit the OP to try and clear up the "type mechanics" bit. I can see how that would mislead people to think Grass types aren't immune to Spore Gens 1-5 for example. They might be possible to code but I think it would make too complicated. I'd rather stick with just type matchups.
Thanks, I meant Poison >.<
Yeah, I think Gen 6 Fairies will be a huge threat--they have almost unresisted coverage JUST BY ONE MOVE (which is also their STAB) allowing them to potentially run other support moves, and most Fairies have huge support movepools. For example, Wish/Heal Bell/Hyper Voice/Calm Mind Mega Gardevoir gives it healing, power, bulk, and acts as a cleric, all while having almost unresisted coverage, letting it last longer. Eviolite Doublade may be another answer to Fairies, as it resists Psychic and Fairy and is immune to Fighting (so HP Fire is the only way to hit it). Also, Gunk Shot Protean Eviolite Frogadier :^) Fast, powerful Steel/Poison types will probably be necessary to stop Fairy spam.

Scizor changes slightly since it can't run physical Knock Off anymore. It can run the previously special moves Vacuum Wave for pseudo-Mach Punch or HP Rock to hit Flying and Fire types it would struggle to get past otherwise. If Alakazam lacks Fire Punch, Scizor can come in safely and pressure it with U-turn.
I just want to point out that Scizor also has a plethora of options to run for STAB. Bug Buzz is now physical AND it gets past subs, so it'll probably be an invaluable tool. Or if you want to get really gimmicky, run Silver Wind (which is just as strong with Technician) and pray for that occasional boost.

Some other thoughts:

- Machamp. NO GUARD PHYSICAL FOCUS BLAST YEAH BOI
- Bronzong looks like it'll have a chance to retain its former glory, now that it takes neutral damage from Dark and Ghost again. It still loses its Fairy resistance, but I think it'll still have some use.
- This is just an idea, but for Gen I mons, will crits be based on speed? It'd be kind of neat to see Persian make a comeback here.
- Poor, poor Gengar.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
something im wondering, is if say, eviolite is used by chansey, when chansey attacks will it have the eviolite boost added on (due to it affecting special defense which means when its attacking, since "special" is one stat, eviolite technically boosts special) or will you make it so stuff like choice specs doesn't boost defending, and eviolite doesn't for offense. regardless, chansey is probably going to be a monster due to having not shitty offenses now. however, this meta actually gives a powerful niche to blissey over chansey, in that it gets a very decent 135 spc attack, which is insanely good. too bad its forced to lack stab. but in return it gains boltbeam to abuse alongside calm mind and softboiled.

tbh, i think retaining the special boost for eviolite and specs could be a cool niche 1-3rd gen could have, mainly since gen 4-6 had such a rediculous power creep compared to the other 3 gens, but idk it might be a bit broken if that was the case.

If I'm reading this correctly, then anything pre-Gen-6 can.
Nope.
  • All other current (Gen 6) mechanics apply, like abilities/weather/etc.
Actually, the description would imply you need to be a Gen VI Electric type to be immune to Paralysis and a Gen VI Grass type to be immune to spore and powder moves and a Gen VI Ghost type to be immune to trapping.

Eevee General's response indicates that's not the intent, but that's the implication of the description as it stands.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Punch
- Wish

The return of Jirachi! With Generation 3 mechanics back in effect for it, Ice Punch is now a Special move. What's more? No more Ghost- or Dark-type weakness! Basically, this is a Calm Mind Jirachi that is able to take advantage of these changes to the full extent of their worth. Psyshock follows regular mechanics, allowing it to beat down special walls, while Ice Punch nets excellent coverage. Potentially a great threat! Jirachi as a whole is a great Pokemon in this metagame because of the great buffs it receives due to nerfing that occurred in later metagames. Losing a Fairy-type resistance is worth the trade, in my opinion.
The flinch-hax Jirachi sets suffer because the flinch moves are now split across two different stats, Calm Mind Doom Desire is no longer a thing... that set in specific is of course taking full advantage of the benefits, but Jirachi takes some hits beyond just losing Fairy resistance.

*Steel/Poison weakness.

EDIT: Forgot the megas. Now we have Venusaur, Charizard-Y, Scizor, Aggron, Beedrill, Steelix, Camerupt, and Metagross to help.

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (Normal-typed) Hydreigon: 250-295 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This seems a bad plan.

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (Normal-typed) Latias: 183-216 (60.7 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is not much better, and Mega Gardevoir resists one of your STABs and is immune to the other.

Run the latter as fully Specially Defensive and it becomes a 3HKO, giving you time to Roost, Calm Mind, etc, but Hydreigon stays within 2HKO range when Specially Defensive. Gardevoir also gets Taunt, so it can potentially shut down Latias on the way in or in the middle of attempting to Calm Mind up. Gardevoir also gets Thunder Wave for winning Speed no matter what you do and potentially Fully Paralyzing you, and since almost nothing resists Fairy Mega Gardevoir can afford to run as a mono-attacker with its teammates dealing with other Megas etc, and therefore carry these tools.

Neither of these is a viable answer to an intelligent Mega Gardevoir set.

Meanwhile, Dark/Poison...

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 222-262 (54.1 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Drapion: 198-234 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

... is iffy. Note that Skuntank and Drapion are slower than Mega Gardevoir and hate being Will O Wisped. They also lack recovery. They also don't clearly gain anything substantive from the meta, and arguably suffer notably -bunches of Steel types have gone back to resisting their Dark STAB. And they're not exactly top-tier threats in Standard. Meanwhile, the ability to hit some Gen I Bugs super effective with Poison is lame, because Gen I Bugs are lame. Also now Clefable is neutral to Poison, meaning Unaware Clefable can laugh at Swords Dance Drapion.

Thanks, I meant Poison >.<
Yeah, I think Gen 6 Fairies will be a huge threat--they have almost unresisted coverage JUST BY ONE MOVE (which is also their STAB) allowing them to potentially run other support moves, and most Fairies have huge support movepools. For example, Wish/Heal Bell/Hyper Voice/Calm Mind Mega Gardevoir gives it healing, power, bulk, and acts as a cleric, all while having almost unresisted coverage, letting it last longer. Eviolite Doublade may be another answer to Fairies, as it resists Psychic and Fairy and is immune to Fighting (so HP Fire is the only way to hit it). Also, Gunk Shot Protean Eviolite Frogadier :^) Fast, powerful Steel/Poison types will probably be necessary to stop Fairy spam.
Gen VI Fairies: Slurpuff, Mega Gardevoir, Florges, Xerneas, Aromatisse, Sylveon, Mega Altaria (!!), Mega Mawile, Dedenne, Carbink, Klefki, Diancie.

Gardevoir doesn't really have the HP to run Wish adequately. It makes far more sense to run Will O Wisp, Thunder Wave, Taunt.... it also is questionable to run Calm Mind on Mega Gardevoir (Possible, but questionable) since its Physical bulk is so awful you don't need super effective hits to kill it. (Banded Talonflame has good odds of one-shotting it with max HP EVs) You're better off trying to get damage in and switch out where necessary.

Fast, powerful Steel types from Gen VI: Mega Metagross, Mega Lucario

Fast, powerful Poison types from Gen VI: Mega Beedrill, Mega Gengar, arguably Mega Venusaur

Good luck with that scenario. Now, of course I'm assuming you're looking from the perspective of just going first and KOing the Fairy, but...

Fast powerful Steel types before Gen VI: Jirachi is the only Steel type that is so much as 100 Speed base. Scarves help, but are risky.

Fast powerful Poison types before Gen VI: Crobat, Gengar (Good luck with that 65 Attack), Scolipede, Tentacruel (?), some Sun-supported Grass types. (eg Victreebell)

... is only slightly helpful.

You're probably better off trying to get a solid Special wall they can't pick on (Hi Chansey!) and take them down that way. (Plus an answer to Slurpuff)

On the plus side, Sylveon, Diancie and Slurpuff are the only non-Mega Gen VI Fairy types (Other than Xerneas in Ubers) that are already offensively relevant. Mind, Florges might become viable entirely because it's a Gen VI Fairy and isn't complete crap...

- Poor, poor Gengar.
...? it's now neutral to Sucker Punch and Knock Off/Dark in general, it has plenty of support utility it can run (Will O Wisp, Pain Split, Taunt, the list goes on), and is a lightning fast Ghost. It loses its hilarious offensive presence, mostly, but it can still zap things with Thunderbolt and in general has upsides.

something im wondering, is if say, eviolite is used by chansey, when chansey attacks will it have the eviolite boost added on (due to it affecting special defense which means when its attacking, since "special" is one stat, eviolite technically boosts special) or will you make it so stuff like choice specs doesn't boost defending, and eviolite doesn't for offense. regardless, chansey is probably going to be a monster due to having not shitty offenses now. however, this meta actually gives a powerful niche to blissey over chansey, in that it gets a very decent 135 spc attack, which is insanely good. too bad its forced to lack stab. but in return it gains boltbeam to abuse alongside calm mind and softboiled.

tbh, i think retaining the special boost for eviolite and specs could be a cool niche 1-3rd gen could have, mainly since gen 4-6 had such a rediculous power creep compared to the other 3 gens, but idk it might be a bit broken if that was the case.
Gen I Pokemon don't have a Special Stat.

They just use the Gen I type chart and the "Electric is Special and Normal is Physical" rules.

I think it would be better to have the type chart based on the attacking Pokemon's generation than the defending Pokemon's type chart. This would make things more consistent since the physical/special split is based off of the attacker's generation, and it would reduce the possibility of Fairy spam. Gen I Psychic types (and most Gen I Pokemon period since Steel didn't exist then) would become more powerful, but they would be be weak to any Gen 2+ Bug and Dark type attacks as a trade-off.

Edit: This set might be fun to use.

Swellow @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / [Ground]
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)