Mexican OU Team! RMT

Let's go with my first team... well, i made a lot of teams on Shoddy but this is the best i ever built.

Excuse me for my poor grammar, i'm spanish ^^

And here we go!

Bulbapedia, copyright, images, bla bla bla

At A Glance...

In Depth...

Pablo

Smeargle@Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Trick
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Pablo is the best painter of Mexico. He is able to copy all the pictures he see, and he always wears a beautiful scarf that helps him to draw very fast.

Why this pokemon?
I needed a lead who could do everything. Faster than the other leads, able to put SR on the field... and i had to select between Azelf and Smeargle.
I prefer Smeargle cause with him i never have SR on my side. How does it works?
First turn i use trick while the opponent uses taunt or SR. If he uses taunt, i switch into another pokemon. If he uses SR the show starts!

With SR up on my side i use Spore for the pokemon which comes, usually a sweeper ^^ Then i use Rapid Spin and I destroy those damn rocks, and, with the given EV's i can survive a new attack and put my own SR.

Sorry if you don't understand my poor english :)

Oven

Rotom-H@Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitation
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spe/252 SpA
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

The sun of Mexico made this ghost, a poor oven attached with Pablo's Scarf. He is the best ghost of Pokemon World, and the nurses can't beat him, cause he tricks his beautiful scarf onto them. Only desert beasts can destroy him, but his powerful special attacks are the best choice on a mixed team.

Why this pokemon?
I wanted to have a ghost in my team cause there are a lot of suicide pokemon out there. And i needed a pokemon who could stop the powerful EQ and could outspeed powerful enemies like Starmie. And also i needed a Special Sweeper ^^

How does it work? When Pablo is dead, Rotom comes to the field. If the pokemon who comes is weak to Ghost, Electric or Fire, Rotom beats him. And if a powerful pursuit user comes (Ttar, Weavile...) i use Trick. I prefer to save my scarf for mid-game, when CM Suicune and Raikou, and Curse Snorlax can beat me; and i use trick on them, blocking their stat boots.

Yes, i'm taking English classes, but i started on September, so i speak very bad :)

Swampy

Swampert@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/52 Atk/216 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

From the mood water of the Mexico desert, a wall pokemon appeared. He was always sleeping, and snoring, but his sound was pain for all the steel guys who tried to look for food on the powerful Mexico desert.

Why this pokemon?
He is inmune to SS. I needed a Status Absorber, and a physically offensive wall. So then, Swampert appears. But i needed a recovery mode. "Black Scizor" helped me to choose the RestTalk Swampert, and it works marvels! He is the guy who receives all the hits, giving them back with a lot of power.

I have been on England! But i spoke all days in Spanish, so i didn't learn English :)

The Mexican

Infernape@Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/126 Atk/128 SpA/252 Spe
Naive nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Flamethrower
- Vacuum Wave/HP Ice
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

The fastest ape of Mexico. His flames comes from the heavy sun of the Mexico Desert. Only dragons can beat him. The rest of Pokemon can start to pray, cause The Mariachi never leaves survivors.

Why this pokemon?
Best mixed sweeper of all times. Only dragons can beat him! He is the glue that holds my team united. When all hope is gone, Infernape comes to the field and beats all weaken threats.

How does it work? Late Game Sweeper. No dragons on the field, only furious scizors, fat nurses and weaken ttars. Infernape eats them!

My girlfriend is french. That's the reason i speak in French better than in English :)

Sunabouzu

Porygon2@Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SpA
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Thunder Wave/HP Grass
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The explorer machine. He walks into the desert, looking for powerful beasts to weak them. And his battery never dies, cause he can use Recover!

Why this pokemon?
DD Gyarados is trying to kill Choco (Hippo)? Sunabouzu comes to the rescue!
Mixmence wants to finish the battle? Sunabouzu comes to the rescue!
Flygon? Heatran? Vaporeon? Sunabouzu is the answer!

I had a lot of weakness to those pokemon... but when i found Porygon2 in NU i knew i could use him in OU

In fact, my marks in English are 9! I speak English better than other guys from my class :)

Kill Me If You Can

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Guardian of the forbidden Mexico Desert. He can't be OHKO, and if you try to use walls, this killer will eat them. Only a steel mosquito, a steel bug and fighters can do something against him

Why this pokemon?
I used to have a Blissey in my team cause they rock! But i had a lack of offensive in my team, so i prefer to use a wall with offensive stats. And then the best special wall (where are all blisseys?) comes into my team.

Fighting teams are covered by Rotom, and steel guys can't beat Infernape. He is the ultimate destroyer.

Wow i never wrote a text as long as this in English :)

------------------------------

That's all, folks. I think i should change my Hippo for a bulky water, but i don't have ideas. Please RMT!

And i'm sure that Haunter will close my post with his powerful scarf... Well, see ya!

Scizor - Swampert can resist his bullet punch and u-turns.
Latias - If she has leftovers or specs, Ttar is the best choice. If she is a CMinder, Rotom gives her a beautiful scarf.
Ttar - Swampert can weak him, and my late game sweeper Infernape can take him down after
Metagross - I have two of the best Metagross counters in the game: Rotom and Swampert. Agiligross is walled by Rotom and Swampert can switch into a choice banded meteor mash
Gyarados - Porygon2 is in the team to destroy things like DD Gyaras. Tracing Intimidate, and killing him with Thunderbolt.
Skarmory - If Smeargle is still alive, he can put Skarmory to sleep and blow away the spikes with Rapid Spin. If the painter is dead, Rotom-H can finish the job
Heatran - Scarfed variations can be killed by Flash Fire Porygon2. Torment Tran is walled by my status absorber, Swampert ^^
Magnezone - If he carries HP Grass, only Infernape can take him down, but the monkey never OHKO this ovni :(
Rotom - Scarfed variations can say goodbye, cause Pursuit Ttar is in the town. WoW Rotoms are more difficult to counter, maybe my status absorber Swampert.
Jirachi - The typical flinchrachi for noobs is walled by Swampert. CM Jirachi is killed by the powerful Ttar EQ
Lucario - Rotom-H scarfed outspeeds him and overheat does all the job
Starmie - A very big problem if Ttar is weakened and Rotom-H is out of the field.
Azelf - Come on, Smeargle, block him to Taunt! Trick is the best choice ^^ Nasty Plot sweepers have nothing to do against Ttar
Infernape - MixApe is very difficult to counter, Rotom-H and my own MixApe need to sacrifice to stop the monkey
Blissey - Ttar doesn't care to be paralyzed. And Pursuit does the rest. Bye Bye, Nurse.
Bronzong - If Rotom is dead, Infernape can't OHKO Bronzongs... only MixPert can do anything against Heatproof Bells.
Celebi - Porygon2 traces Natural Cure, so he becomes a status absorber. Rotom-H 2HKOes him
Swampert - Surprisingly, MixApe is the best counter ^^
Roserade - If she is a lead, i trick her onto Sleep Powder and i win a focus sash. When she has enough toxic spikes i use my rapid spinner, Smeargle
Salamence - Porygon2 is made to counter this beast. Intimidating him and then using Ice Beam... Bye Bye damn dragon
Gengar - Scarfed versions are take down by Ttar and Rotom. SubPunchers can be walled by Swampert.
Suicune - Rotom gives her a Scarf and no more CM on the match ^^. Then i can use TTar or Porygon2 to finish her
Forretress - If Smeargle is still alive, i put him to sleep and blow away his spikes with rapid spin. Rotom-H and Infernape carry powerful fire attacks.
Vaporeon - Porygon2 is the best switch. He becomes a water absorber and i can finish her with thunderbolt.
Zapdos - Rotom-H can give him a Scarf if he carries leftovers. Choice versions can be walled by Ttar
Kingdra - I have a problem with this dragon! He kills always one or two important pokes from my team. DD Kingdra is a completely destroyer.
Aerodactyl - When he is a lead, i trick him onto Taunt. Smeargle is the best!
Gliscor - Porygon2 traces Sand Veil, so i take an evasion boost. Ice Beam does the rest
Mamoswine - Swampert is the answer. Or maybe a powerful CC from MixApe
Snorlax - Close Combat OHKO this fat sleeper with 1 Curse up. I can Scarf him with Rotom
Empoleon - Close Combat from MixApe is the best choice. If he is a lead, i give him a Scarf and i can destroy his rocks with rapid spin
Hippowdon - Mixpert does very well against the hippo. If i use a physical Swampert i'm in a trouble. Porygon2 could work if the hippo doesn't carry toxic.
Weavile - Infernape, Swampert and Ttar. Nothing more to say.
Jolteon - I laugh when Ttar OHKOes this guy with pursuit. Baton Passers aren't a problem
Smeargle - As a lead, i usually outspeed them. As a mid-game baton passer, Infernape uses Vacuum Wave and end of the story.
Machamp - I HAVE a terrible PROBLEM with this guy. Rotom can't 2HKO him, and i always lose a pokemon when the fighting beast comes to the field.
Cresselia - Ttar is the best Cresselia counter. I used to use her but the desert monster is a beast for her. Crunch 2HKOes the moon pokemon
Abomasnow - If he carries Wood Hammer, Infernape can beat him. If he is a Scarf Lead, Ttar comes to the rescue.

hello

I really suggest an attack move on Smeargle.
Since you made it rather bulky, maybe Endeavor is an option here.

This is a better moveset on Hippowdon if you are using it offensively:
Earthquake/ Ice Fang (Stone Edge)/ Curse/ Slack Off
With this EV's spread:
252 HP, 52 Atk, 32 Def, 172 SDef (with Impish nature and leftovers/ life orb)

--> this is a more dangerous set then the one you are using now. Curse up and destroy your opponents special wall, making a way for Rotom, mixape and maybe even Porygon2.

Since you are using a Naive nature on Infernape, maybe you could replace Vaccuum Wave with Hidden Power (Ice). This way DD-mence couldn't set up on you with ease.

Why a Naive nature on Porygon2? Bold is better! On him you could consider Discharge over Thunderbolt and Toxic over Thunder Wave. Simple because you could be able to weaken walls who you otherwise can't touch (Swampert, Cresselia, Blissey,...) while you still keep you chance of paralysis with Discharge.

Stone Edge is the preffered option on Tyranitar.

--------

You are very weak to water pokemon and even more to Mixape. I want to insert a counter to them both: Vaporeon. Most likely over Hippowdon since that will reduce your Water weakness but not increase your Grass weakness.

Vaporeon @ leftovers/ bold/ water absorb
188 HP, 252 Def, 68 Spe

- Surf
- Ice Beam/ Heal Bell/ Roar
- Wish
- Protect

--> This walls mixape and most water types. Moveset makes it a perfect team player. There is no need for HP electric since Rotom could take on DD-Gyarados.

Hope this helped!

PS. IMAO I think that Ludicolo is the most Mexican of all pokemon ^^

Wrong nature on Porygon2, i had Timid instead of Naive (i copied Infernape's text ^^), but i'm gonna try Bold. TWave is for Heatran, and i'm thinking about adding more special attack EV's.

I wanted to use Vaporeon, but i need a physical and offensive wall. I mean, Vaporeon has excellent HP stats, but only 60 in defense... and i need something to take u-turn scizors. I used Swampert, but he lacks of a recovery move...

Testing HP Ice on MixApe ^^

Stone Edge in TTar works marvels :)

Thanks!!

PS: In fact, i had a Ludicolo in my team, but he was walled by a lot of pokemon :(

I wanted to use Vaporeon, but i need a physical and offensive wall. I mean, Vaporeon has excellent HP stats, but only 60 in defense... and i need something to take u-turn scizors. I used Swampert, but he lacks of a recovery move...
You could try a Rest Talk Swampert so you have a recovery move and a status absorber.

Swampert @ leftovers/ impish/ torrent
240 HP, 52 Atk, 216 Def

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Avalache

--> Like I said, status absorber and now Swampert has a solid recovery move. Sleep Talk is needed on this set so that Swampert isn't used a set-up bait. Earthquake is logical and STAB'ed. Avalache is your best choice against Salamence.

I might suggest a mixed rest-ralk pert. With ice beam instead of avalanche to hit on both sides of the spectrum. You should switch your hippowdon with a suicune. You could use a calm mind shuffle suicune with surf, calm mind, roar, and HP electric to deal with vaporeons or a crocune if you want a recovery move, but it lacks a counter against vaporeon.

I'm gonna try the Rest-Talk Swampy instead of Hippowdon. But... what are the best Ev's for a MixPert?
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def @ relaxed
is what the site suggests for mixpert.

So maybe for a rest-talking mixpert:

Swampert @ leftovers/ relaxed/ torrent
240 HP, 12 Atk, 244 Def

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- ice beam

Ok thank you guys for the help. RestTalk MixPert is a great pokemon for my team, but i still have a lot of water and grass weakness.

I don't know how to counter Starmie, Kingdra and MixApe at the same time, and they are the bane of my team's existence. They always carry powerful grass/water attacks and i usually switch in Rotom-H, who is OHKOed by these guys...

Help!

Thank you for RMT! ^^

For those threats you could try a Latias over Porygon 2. On the plus side, she can take Water attacks like a pro and she can likely manage to take a Grass move. Her Dragon attacks make short work of Kingdra and I'm thinking she can severely dent Machamp with a Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse after a Calm Mind or two, though I have yet to try that out. Starmie would fall easily to Thunderbolt.

Latias - Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd

Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Surf

If you want a more defensive Pokemon you could switch some Sp Atk EV's into HP and add Recover over Thunderbolt and HP Fire, Light Screen or Reflect over Surf.

I'm looking at your team and I really don't see why you have Tyranitar as a Physical sweeper when Scizor can do the job without damaging your teammates with a sandstorm. Lucario could also work well.

I'm testing Latias with this moveset:

Latias - Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd

Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse
HP Fire

A couple of questions with Latias:
1) What is better, a scarfed Latias or a bulky Latias? If i lose Swampert, i haven't got a counter for DDMence... cause Latias doesn't outspeed him, IIRC
2) Is Latias 2HKOed by Kingdra, and Starmie, under rain?

I use TTar cause he is the best pursuit user of the game, and i hate those damn nurses. And if i use Lucario i'm walled by ghosts... if i haven't got my Porygon2. Scizor can do the job, but i wanted to have a Rotom counter, and a good special wall.

Thank you for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)