Monotype Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
- Thunder Wave on Cobalion noted.

- See my above post on Mew - I just think that all the new Magic Bounce users and other ORAS threats reduce Mew's Viability, I also think its Will-o-Wisp defensive set is the most/only viable one in this meta, with a few different variations.

- As for Quagsire on Water - Generally, Water teams will want a Ground Pokemon for an Electric immunity. These same Water teams also need a stealth rock user. Swampert just ends up being better because of being able to do both. If using Quagsire, you will need another stealth rock user, putting a lot of strain on your Water team. If using both Quagsire and Swampert, a gaping Grass weakness is formed. Quagsire also fails to check many of the Pokemon that other physically defensive Pokemon like Slowbro can due to its mediocre stats, and if using it in combination your team gives up any hope of being balanced. Overall, Quagsire just can't find room on a balanced Water team anymore; if it ever sees use it is likely most viable on a stall team. For these reasons, I think it should be C Rank.

- As for Scrafty, it acts as a secondary counter to troublesome Pokemon to fighting monotypes, like Sableye, Slowbro, Jellicent, Mandibuzz, and more. It also acts as a solid status absorber, and with Fighting being so hyper offense it is very crippled by Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp, so I think Scrafty has a very big niche - enough to land it in B rank. Cobalion can most certainly not switch into any special Psychic moves as it is 2HKO'd by almost all of them, and at the end of the day if you're having a problem with Psychic moves it's going to be from something fast like Scarf Victini's Zen Headbutt, which Scrafty can prevent from being spammed.

- Psychic has way too many Hazard / Screen setters to count - Meowstic is obsolute. It has Deoxys (Speed and Defense), Mew, Lati@s, Azelf.. all who do it better while having other beneficial assets. Prankster Thunder Wave is nice, but at the end of the day Meowstic isn't worth using just because of that. You also can't compare it to Klefki in the slightest, because Klefki's typing is a million times better than Meowstic's, and Klefki has access to Hazards and a reliable way to stop setup Pokemon in Foul Play. Simply put, Meowstic is bad, and deserves D rank.
Thanks for explaining, your reasoning seems legit o3o. About Meowstic though, it does have Prankster, which means it can set screens before they attack, and no other Psychic type can set Prankster screens, giving it its niche. It also has a pretty wide support movepool consisting of status, screens, and even boosting moves if you want it to, but you're right, it is usually outclassed and on second thought D Rank is probably alright for it.
Also, Anttya you also spelled Gourgeist wrong (you said Gourgiest). Ugh, sick and bored right now :I

Last edited:
New user here, would this be an acceptable place to post my mono-type team and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve? If not could somebody point me in the right direction?

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
New user here, would this be an acceptable place to post my mono-type team and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve? If not could somebody point me in the right direction?
Welcome to Monotype; we're glad you're here. :D

If you want immediate help with your team I would recommend heading over to the Monotype Room on Pokemon Showdown.

There is an OM Rate My Team thread, but you will be competing with all the OMs on showdown.

If you want to do a bit of research yourself, this is a great thread for learning about individual Pokemon. There is a Good Cores thread to help with team synergy and you can see what is commonly used on the ladder at the Monotype Stats page.

Jirachi(Steel) for C-Rank
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Jirachi is an unfilled gimmick in Steel Mono teams. A Volt-Turn core with Scarf Magnezone works perfectly, allowing you to wish and U-Turn to Magnezone, who can soak up any Dark or Ghost moves Jirachi couldn't. I said gimmick earlier because of the other monstrous option of para-flinching. Jirachi is also the only Steel-type blessed with Wish, which can take opponents by surprise. His typing gives him the resistance of Metagross and a better ability to boot.

Drapion(Poison) for B-Rank
Drapion @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail / Cross Poison
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

Drapion is one of the prime examples of shaping a single type. Drapion's godly Psychic immunity gives him an edge over other choices like Toxicroak, Scolipede, and Nidoking. He has 13 different types in physical moves, and his 70/110/75 defenses aren't bad. His only weakness is Ground, which can be taken care of with Aqua Tail. On the other hand, his abilities are neutral at best, with Keen Eye being basically useless in the meta. He has to fight Fairies with no resistance, and has to have some form of special wall to take an Earth Power.

I also have a drapion strategy:

Drapion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

This drapion may not be fast, may not be strong, but he is a tank, he can resist some hits like:

252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Drapion: 266-314 (77.5 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Drapion: 272-324 (79.3 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Drapion in Sun: 267-315 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also I think that this pokémon should be A-Rank in poison because:

1.- Its high def and normal spd
2.- Its type that make him only have 1 weakness
3.- Its stats are great and them can give you more than one posibility

Last edited:

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
I'd like credit for my BD Chesnaught set All Falls Down

Simply putting "later finding out that this person used it for this purpose" isn't even close to cutting it. What you basically said was "I found it first, but i found out that qube also used it lol xdxd"

You know for a fact that if Pack didn't show you that replay of me beating Arvada Grass v Flying with this specific Chesnaught set, you wouldn't be posting this right now. Please dont take credit for something that isn't yours, by sitting on my shoulders and call yourself tall.

Last edited:

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'd like credit for my BD Chesnaught set All Falls Down

Simply putting "later finding out that this person used it for this purpose" isn't even close to cutting it. What you basically said was "I found it first, but i found out that qube also used it lol xdxd"

You know for a fact that if Pack didn't show you that replay of me beating Arvada Grass v Flying with this specific Chesnaught set, you wouldn't be posting this right now. Please dont take credit for something that isn't yours, by sitting on my shoulders and call yourself tall.
I used this set before I saw the replay. I saw it in an OU team and I saw it in the ORAS Creative Sets thread. Also, it's just a set for a Pokemon, stop getting so worked up about it. Who cares who made it? This isn't suicune ;)

I'm not even taking credit for it, I specifically stated that I found the set in a few OU matches and in the creative sets thread. If you thought of it, kudos to you, but please refrain from being so rude.

By the way, your replay is dated Mid-January, and here is this exact same set except with Brick Break over Drain Punch, dated in November (Before ORAS):

Also the exact same set here, in December:
http://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/comments/2q0j6q/the_based_beast_belly_drum_chesnaught/

PS: let's not ruin this thread with posts like these

Last edited:
I Nominate Articuno for A rank (for flying)
I would like to readdress this. I feel as though articuno has proven to be useful to the point that it is worth a great amount to flying teams regardless of the stealth rock weakness. It has given many people quite a difficult time and I feel C rank is far too little for this majestic beast. I have been seeing alot of new flying users following in my footsteps and grabbing an articuno and they seem to love the support it provides, whether it be heal bell, poison, or hazing the opposition from a potential sweep. It's usage has skyrocketed from november to december when I was using it, and though I was playing a lot less in january, it still lateraled in the usage stats. At the very least, I think this pokemon deserves a B rank, otherwise I would definitely say articuno influences the metagame and deserves A rank. I can, if necessary, post lots of replays showcasing this.

I would like to readdress this. I feel as though articuno has proven to be useful to the point that it is worth a great amount to flying teams regardless of the stealth rock weakness. It has given many people quite a difficult time and I feel C rank is far too little for this majestic beast. I have been seeing alot of new flying users following in my footsteps and grabbing an articuno and they seem to love the support it provides, whether it be heal bell, poison, or hazing the opposition from a potential sweep. It's usage has skyrocketed from november to december when I was using it, and though I was playing a lot less in january, it still lateraled in the usage stats. At the very least, I think this pokemon deserves a B rank, otherwise I would definitely say articuno influences the metagame and deserves A rank. I can, if necessary, post lots of replays showcasing this.
After seeing it being used quite successfully, I feel like it could be moved to B. However, the problem is that Kyurem-W is gone, and Greninja may be following its footsteps. Without these two, Articuno has no purpose other than being a Sp Atk absorber with Heal Bell which is outclassed by Togekiss. The only thing it offers is Freeze Dry which lets it dekt Lanturn and Swampert better. So how about this, I will move it up to B for the reasons you mentioned, but I will move it back down to C if Greninja is banned. How does that sound?

Reactions: DoW
Tyrantrum in B Rank for Dragon

For those who do not know, Tyrantrum received Rock Head on Feb 17th, this has greatly increased its viability as a wallbreaker and a sweeper. Also, from the ORAS move tutors Tyrantrum received two relavent moves in Superpower and Outrage. These two moves also made Tyrantrum much more ferocious wallbreaker, providing the moveset to utilize his attack

Pros
  • Surprisingly versatile, you can run banded wallbreaker, scarf, rock polish, dragon dance, stealth rock setter, bulky band, or even assault vest
  • Very nice movepool
  • Natural physical bulk
  • Strongest recoilless Head Smash in the game
  • Devastating wallbreaker
Cons
  • Not bulky on the special side
  • Easily knocked out by priority (ice, steel, fighting)
  • Too slow to sweep effectively

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

I feel as if this is the greatest set for Tyrantrum for the Dragon type. This set makes Tyrantrum one of the best wallbreakers in the Dragon typing, if not the best. The key is that you switch into anything slower than you, or an imposing wall (which dragon often struggles with) and obilterate it usually with Head Smash or another coverage move. Tyrantrum's natural physical bulk allows it to take hits relatively well and retaliate hard. Here are some calcs:

• 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 544-640 (84.7 - 99.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 259-306 (65.7 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 219-258 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 534-630 (126.2 - 148.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 198-234 (51.8 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Superpower vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 328-388 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 219-258 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 262-310 (86.4 - 102.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 356-420 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
I think that covers most of the relevant physical walls in Monotype. As you can see, banded Tyrantrum can 2HKO, if not OHKO, some of the best physical walls in monotype. Important calcs for dragon type is OHKOing Chansey, Avalugg, and 2HKOing Skarm, all of which can give the dragon typing trouble.

an alternative set could also be this:

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

This set is for sweeping. Get a rock polish up and cure Tyrantrum's poor speed stat. x2 speed coupled with the sheer power of Head Smash can be quite effective for sweeping. My only problems with this set is that Tyrantrum cannot handle priority well, it can be hard to get up a RP, and that some scarfed pokemon can still outspeed it, despite the boost.

Good Partners
  • Druddigon (Glare and stealth rock support is nice)
  • Kyurem B (takes ice beams)
  • Dragalge (Useful for taking out faires)
  • Mega Altaria
  • Dragonite
  • Garchomp

Last edited:
Tyrantrum in B Rank for Dragon

For those who do not know, Tyrantrum received Rock Head on Feb 17th, this has greatly increased its viability as a wallbreaker and a sweeper. Also, from the ORAS move tutors Tyrantrum received two relavent moves in Superpower and Outrage. These two moves also made Tyrantrum much more ferocious wallbreaker, providing the moveset to utilize his attack

Pros
  • Surprisingly versatile, you can run banded wallbreaker, scarf, rock polish, dragon dance, stealth rock setter, bulky band, or even assault vest
  • Very nice movepool
  • Natural physical bulk
  • Strongest recoilless Head Smash in the game
  • Devastating wallbreaker
Cons
  • Not bulky on the special side
  • Easily knocked out by priority (ice, steel, fighting)
  • Too slow to sweep effectively

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

I feel as if this is the greatest set for Tyrantrum for the Dragon type. This set makes Tyrantrum one of the best wallbreakers in the Dragon typing, if not the best. The key is that you switch into anything slower than you, or an imposing wall (which dragon often struggles with) and obilterate it usually with Head Smash or another coverage move. Tyrantrum's natural physical bulk allows it to take hits relatively well and retaliate hard. Here are some calcs:

• 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 544-640 (84.7 - 99.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 259-306 (65.7 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 219-258 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 534-630 (126.2 - 148.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 198-234 (51.8 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Superpower vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 328-388 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 219-258 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 262-310 (86.4 - 102.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 356-420 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
I think that covers most of the relevant physical walls in Monotype. As you can see, banded Tyrantrum can 2HKO, if not OHKO, some of the best physical walls in monotype. Important calcs for dragon type is OHKOing Chansey, Avalugg, and 2HKOing Skarm, all of which can give the dragon typing trouble.

an alternative set could also be this:

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake

This set is for sweeping. Get a rock polish up and cure Tyrantrum's poor speed stat. x2 speed coupled with the sheer power of Head Smash can be quite effective for sweeping. My only problems with this set is that Tyrantrum cannot handle priority well, it can be hard to get up a RP, and that some scarfed pokemon can still outspeed it, despite the boost.

Good Partners
  • Druddigon (Glare and stealth rock support is nice)
  • Kyurem B (takes ice beams)
  • Dragalge (Useful for taking out faires)
  • Mega Altaria
  • Dragonite
  • Garchomp
I'd include a Sash lead set. Unlike Druddigon, Tyrantum can beat common defoggers such as Mandibuzz + Zapdos. This would be the set:

Tyrantrum @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Also, for the Rock Polish set, I'd recommend slashing Lum Berry next to LO since setting up on Mew is pretty nice. I'd slash Dragon Claw next to Outrage as well since switching moves is pretty awesome.

Articuno has no purpose other than being a Sp Atk absorber with Heal Bell which is outclassed by Togekiss. The only thing it offers is Freeze Dry which lets it dekt Lanturn and Swampert better.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-monotype-1329245 (vs Ground)

In the Flying versus ground department Articuno can provide massive support in a gravity counter. Articuno can tank landorus/mamoswine's onslaught (not showcased but I learned that later on), gliscor can handle excadrill and really the rest of the team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-208609726 (vs psychic)

Not only was it nice to have an extra special wall here, but the reflects made victini hesitant to try attacking at all.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-205784525 (vs Dragon)

A potential calm mind sweep was halted because articuno knew haze.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-200617149 (vs Water)

It is very nice to be able to hit lanturn and other water ground types, but it can stop the suicune sweep as well with pressure for pressure along with haze.

I would've liked to have found replays of me hazing mega sableyes, clefables, and even mega altaria's behind screens (yes it can tank that) but alas I can't find them. In short, articuno provides a massive boost to flying's ability to handle threats regardless of whether or not the icy friends have left the station. I recently switched to using a wisp zard and once of few things are burned on an ice team, articuno can solo them. Yes if you want to try and and replace heal bell togekiss for cuno there will be overlapping, basically air slash for freeze dry with the same set. On that same note, I have seen a few prominent users find alot of success with replacing togekiss for articuno.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-211992348

To promote more discussion + rank changes (aka more work for Sae) we've decided that we'll be discussing 1 Rank per week (or more, depending on the size). Now that Kyurem-W, Mega Gallade (Psychic) + Skymin have been banned, I expect some things to lose viability, while others rise in viability. Instead of Sae and I doing all the tier shifts, we've decided to let you (the Monotype community) decide some things.

Monotype Viability Rank Change #1
Thanks to Freeroamer for giving me this idea

Now discussing: S Rank

Some things to get you started:

• Should X Pokemon be moved up? Why?
  • Should X Pokemon be moved down? Why, and to what rank?
  • Are there any patterns in this rank as a whole?
  • Anything else related to this rank such as sets, comments etc.

Last edited:
Heh, also bump Kyurem-B up to S-Class on Ice. Its wide movepool as well as great stats make it a monster on Ice, and it certainly influences the meta as it can bulk a decent hit or two and respond with massive power. Its strength as well as diversity in its movepool such as carrying Iron Head to help Ice versus Rock, it can certainly keep a battler on their toes, as well as helping Ice against Fire and Rock with its powerful Earth Power, often boosted by a Life Orb. Its speed tier isn't bad either, although getting more and more muddled. And it can also hit Steel pretty hard with Focus Blasts, as well as keep up pressure with Earth Power. It also helps Ice against neutral type matchups due to having immense power and utility, being able to throw powerful attacks at defining types such as Dark and Water.

In conclusion, Kyurem-B not only influences multiple portions of a meta as well as helps Ice against its type advantages while also not being dead weight, but can also function against neutral types pretty well.

Latias for S-Class on Dragon!
80/80/90/110/130/110
Latias is a great pokemon, being the slighter more bulky, and slightly less hard hitting monster in comparison to its brother, Latios.
Like Latios it shares the now crowded 110 speed slot, with full investment and a positive nature notching it in at 350.
Its utility that Latios doesn't have is its utility in Healing Wish, as well as being slightly bulkier, as well as other certain moves and sets, being able to utilize a bulky hard hitting set.
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/Healing Wish

All I gotta say about this is one of the most common versions of Latios, being able to bulk a decent hit and respond, as well as get rid of hazards several times, unless its a one time deal with Healing Wish, otherwise, its get to low health after fulfilling its role of getting rid of hazards and breathing life into a sweeper or other mon. Decent set, nicely used on multiple teams.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock/Stored Power
- Roost
Not much to say here, not very viable anymore unless on MegaTias, as it has more bulk, and fulfills this role much better of being a set up sweeper, because of multiple factors, such as increased bulk as well as hitting harder.

Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse/Roost/Tailwind
OR
Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- /Roost/Tailwind

Nice set, Latios has one thing on this set, being that it can actually Memento and either cripple or set back a setup sweeper. Nice pokemon, but if you're using Roost or Tailwind, do the obvious thing and push those 40 SpAtk ev's to HP and put the extra 4 into Def/SpDef. But this can give opportunities to a setup sweeper, such as Altaria-M and give it more HP as to not use/waste a move on Roost, as well as set up screens a few times.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Surf/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire
- Healing Wish/Roost
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

All I gotta say is don't run Earthquake, because Latios is a much, much better lure for Tran, and even then, its not that good of a lure tbh. That and if you run HP Fire, then it loses a speed point, notching in at 349 instead.

Latias is a great pokemon, capable of running multiple roles as well as playing them very well. It can also, Thunder Wave stuff if you really, really want to, as well as run Wish if you're desperate for a Wish mon on Dragon. Dunno why you would since Shelgon is such a great mon jk jk Anyways, read, find holes, do whatever you want to, and find what you want to take from this. Also Gen 5 sprites are the best.

Last edited:

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Only going to comment on the few ones i have experience with:
Greninja- If anybody doubts its ranking as S just ask arifeen how badly

Latias for S-Class on Dragon!
80/80/90/110/130/110
Latias is a great pokemon, being the slighter more bulky, and slightly less hard hitting monster in comparison to its brother, Latios.
Like Latios it shares the now crowded 110 speed slot, with full investment and a positive nature notching it in at 350.
Its utility that Latios doesn't have is its utility in Healing Wish, as well as being slightly bulkier, as well as other certain moves and sets, being able to utilize a bulky hard hitting set.
Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/Healing Wish

All I gotta say about this is one of the most common versions of Latios, being able to bulk a decent hit and respond, as well as get rid of hazards several times, unless its a one time deal with Healing Wish, otherwise, its get to low health after fulfilling its role of getting rid of hazards and breathing life into a sweeper or other mon. Decent set, nicely used on multiple teams.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock/Stored Power
- Roost
Not much to say here, not very viable anymore unless on MegaTias, as it has more bulk, and fulfills this role much better of being a set up sweeper, because of multiple factors, such as increased bulk as well as hitting harder.

Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse/Roost/Tailwind
OR
Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- /Roost/Tailwind

Nice set, Latios has one thing on this set, being that it can actually Memento and either cripple or set back a setup sweeper. Nice pokemon, but if you're using Roost or Tailwind, do the obvious thing and push those 40 SpAtk ev's to HP and put the extra 4 into Def/SpDef. But this can give opportunities to a setup sweeper, such as Altaria-M and give it more HP as to not use/waste a move on Roost, as well as set up screens a few times.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Surf/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire
- Healing Wish/Roost
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

All I gotta say is don't run Earthquake, because Latios is a much, much better lure for Tran, and even then, its not that good of a lure tbh. That and if you run HP Fire, then it loses a speed point, notching in at 349 instead.

Latias is a great pokemon, capable of running multiple roles as well as playing them very well. It can also, Thunder Wave stuff if you really, really want to, as well as run Wish if you're desperate for a Wish mon on Dragon. Dunno why you would since Shelgon is such a great mon jk jk Anyways, read, find holes, do whatever you want to, and find what you want to take from this. Also Gen 5 sprites are the best.

Just saying i would like you to remember the pain in the ass Cm stored power Mga latias that can destroy teams with some set up

Only going to comment on the few ones i have experience with:
Greninja- If anybody doubts its ranking as S just ask arifeen how badly

Just saying i would like you to remember the pain in the ass Cm stored power Mga latias that can destroy teams with some set up
Class 'Tias is coming back for more fun :D

Conkeldurr A Rank (Fighting)
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest

Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
Just curious why you only gave 4 SpD Evs to Conkledurr? That gives it 167 SpD which is an odd number so its 250.5 with vest gets rounded down.

Okay...here we go.

For Mono Ghost...

Golurk for B Rank

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

I think a better set for Golurk is:

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch

Ghost teams struggle with fire teams so stuff like Charizard are going to beat it. 100% accuracy Stone Edge is very important to have. Dynamic Punch is good against Dark types and has the added bonus of Confusion. The Sash makes it much more likely to get up its Rocks.

Togekiss for S-Rank for flying

Togekiss can play a wide variety of roles for the flying type. It can act as a cleric and status spreader and cripple walls while doubling as on offensive pressence, depending on your spread.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick
- Heal Bell

A choice scarf allows Togekiss to become an effective revenge killer while still giving it the ability to cripple walls. Heal Bell is used to support teammates, while the choice scarf allows it to sucessfully use the move as a last ditch effort before dying most of the time.
The set itself abuses Serene Grace, and a fully invested Air Slash hurts, especially when you counter in the hax that happens most of the time. It can clean up very nicely late game.
Alternatively, you can give Togekiss a wide arrange of coverage moves, such as Fire Blast or Aura Sphere.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def/SpD / 8 Spe
Bold/Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Heal Bell

This set bulks Togekiss up as much as you can. Depending on your team, you can turn it into a mixed wall by maximizing its physical defense, or you can turn it into a full out special wall to cripple certain threats, such as Greninja, Lati@s, or Hydreigon, while risking the possibility of taking a physical hit from anything thats mixed or a stray Psyshock.
Thunder Wave serves as speed control, and Togekiss can hax them to death if they decide to stay in. Roost is for recovery and Heal Bell to continue to support the team and to protect itself from stray Toxics.
Alternatively, a choice scarfe and Trick is also viable here, but youll have to sacrifice one of your support moves or Roost, which isn't reccomended.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spe SpD / 8 Spa
Timid Nature

OR

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature

- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash

Maximum bulk investment allows you safely cripple a target and heal off the damage while boosting your offense with Nasty Plot. Maximum speed can be used to hax out threats that wouldn't let you cripple them due to the fact that they can provide a high amount of damage and may or may not offer priority.

Relaxed Dedenne

I COULD BE BANNED!
I am Nomanating Noctowl for D rank in normal

Hedwig (Noctowl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Night Shade

This is pretty much Staraptor's Special Defencive Brother and it is made to do the same job It can take Special Hits Decently with 100/96 Defences this might seem wierd but Night Shade is for constent damage on pokemon so you have a way to hurt things (besides normal) this thing is bad against normal but it has a tiny thing of being the only SpDiv Defogger on Normal

truedrew

Banned deucer.
I am Nomanating Noctowl for D rank in normal

Hedwig (Noctowl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Night Shade

This is pretty much Staraptor's Special Defencive Brother and it is made to do the same job It can take Special Hits Decently with 100/96 Defences this might seem wierd but Night Shade is for constent damage on pokemon so you have a way to hurt things (besides normal) this thing is bad against normal but it has a tiny thing of being the only SpDiv Defogger on Normal
Noctowl is completely outclassed by chansey in the role of special wall and staraptor is used due to its amazing ability to check the most dangerous fighting types that can demolish normal if not running mega audino. he only niche that noctowl could ever serve is as a breloom switch in as spore fucks up normal types due to it giving breloom a free turn to demolish something

Relaxed Dedenne

I COULD BE BANNED!
I VOTE SUNFLORA for D in Grass:toast:

EFFORT (Sunflora) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball
- Sunny Day
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set is Great on sun teams with sunflora's decent SpA and it finally has speed so it can do a decent amount i tried this and this set is pretty decent So i think it should be D rank (Hope for the best)

Regarding the S ranks... most of them look good, some types are heavily represented by just their S+A ranked mons, but others can mix it up more.

I think mega altaria for dragon should be S rank at this point, since it has risen to define the dragon metagame, and I see many people afraid to use a dragon team without it. Despite this it has lower visibility than you'd expect, since there's no clear cut best set to run.

Thundurus-Incarnate for flying should fall to A rank imo. It's incredibly good at what it does, but, when teambuilding, I don't think in terms of "let's build around thundy" and I find that he only crops up in people's minds as a kind of glue, which is represented by his lower usage than the mainstays of flying. You COULD base your team around, it, but the same goes for deoxys, and I could never call that metagame defining, despite how much I like to use it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)