More transparency regarding bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic I made got me redirected to here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103302

Basically, it's too hard for people not heavily ingrained into the website to track down why certain things are banned. I think you can only find it on the forums, which are HUGE. I know for a fact there are many competitive players on other websites and especially people looking to adopt a solid ruleset are kind of at a loss as to how it came about. Smogon is a name of authority, but there's too much speculation about the rationale behind rules and that's a shame.

My suggestion is to have articles on bans/recommended rules on the main page for all gens featured. Explain how the bans came about and why. For Gen V this will probably be a WIP with frequent updates, but it's still better than nothing.

All discussions related to bans, as well as the votes that result in those bans, can be found in the Policy Review forum and its subforums. It's pretty easy to figure everything out without having to dig too deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)