Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I haven't heard about that +11 thing before, and I'm sure I've done abuse by opening the Journal from the bag and doing the normal amount of flips (ie not subtracting 11). Can anyone confirm either way?
+11 thing is only in the Distortion world and with Giratina, anywhere else it doesn't get the +11.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4
Notes1 When attempting to capture Giratina in the Distortion World, there are some important differences in RNG advancement that should be taken into consideration. Each time the Distortion World map is loaded, the RNG will advance by 11 frames. This is the reason that Giratina appears on frame 12 when you immediately capture it at game start. This would not pose a problem, but most people will end up loading the map twice — once at game start, before verifying their initial seed with coin flips, and again after cancelling the journal to capture Giratina. In this scenario, the RNG would have been advanced 22 times, excluding advances made by journal flips. The simplest way to deal with this anomaly is to consider the starting frame of Giratina to be 23 in cases where you will enter the game world, bring up the journal manually, and then cancel the journal before capture.

hey, ive just downloaded the RNG reporter, and I'd like to reed god pokemons, but i dont really understand what the frame is even after the long explanations, also, is there on the rng repoter an option to give a date, and a spread of IVs, and it gives you the exact minute and second?

I've been trying to rng abuse for good IVS on a Piplup.
I've hit my delay, seconds and target time as well as done the journal flips. And I used the coin trick and the flips matched what was shown in the time finder. However when I go to check the IVS of the Piplup it does not match what my output should have been. What am I doing wrong?

Ahh cheers Destiny, I caught Giratina in Turnback Cave so I didn't have to contest with that extra call to the RNG. Good to know if I decide to another run-through and capture it there though.

@pastel - RNG reporter can do a lot of things to help you, although pairing it up with PokeRNG to help you search for spreads faster is more efficient. I'd also suggest re-reading over the first few posts, maybe using Ctrl-F to find the parts you are specifically looking for. All the information you need to get started is there, you just need to spend some time finding, reading and comprehending it.

@Jigglez - Chances are the NPCs around Solaceon Town moved between you entering the game and collecting your egg. Have another go, and if you are still off with the IVs then try making another save while the ones you can see aren't moving. Unfortunately there are a couple more offscreen that you can't account for and just have to hope fot the best. Best of luck!

Chances are the NPCs around Solaceon Town moved between you entering the game and collecting your egg.
But if they moved, wouldn't that mess up the coin flips? And the flip I got matched the output in the time finder.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But if they moved, wouldn't that mess up the coin flips? And the flip I got matched the output in the time finder.
no moving NPCs do not mess with it so your coin flips will match the seed/spread produced by the time finder

I have a question about HG/SS RNG abuse. I realize that with DPPt you need to be on the fifth app on the pokétch. I was wondering, does HG/SS come with a pokétch? or do the apps come on your pokégear? If you don't get pokétch, then is there anything different I need to do when RNGing for things on my HG cartridge?

in rng manipulation of bred pokemon in emerald how precise should one be with his timing? For example if i want to hit a spread at 0.30.00 and eventually i hit the spread at 0.29.95 will i get the ivs of the 0.30.00 spread? In other words should i hit the exact time to get the ivs i want?because we are humans hitting the right time is very difficult and i wonder if there is another way. thanks.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
in rng manipulation of bred pokemon in emerald how precise should one be with his timing? For example if i want to hit a spread at 0.30.00 and eventually i hit the spread at 0.29.95 will i get the ivs of the 0.30.00 spread? In other words should i hit the exact time to get the ivs i want?because we are humans hitting the right time is very difficult and i wonder if there is another way. thanks.
you have to be exact no other way around it

I have a question about HG/SS RNG abuse. I realize that with DPPt you need to be on the fifth app on the pokétch. I was wondering, does HG/SS come with a pokétch? or do the apps come on your pokégear? If you don't get pokétch, then is there anything different I need to do when RNGing for things on my HG cartridge?
reposting question.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
reposting question.
Ha! It's pretty different than RNGing in DPPt...

• No coinflip app to check seed
  • no journal to consistently advance the frame
  • walking/turning in wild patches advances by inconsistent amounts (0-3 or more)
  • The radio advances the frame inconsistently
  • Talking to your poke advances the frame inconsistently
  • You "seemingly" randomly get phone calls that advance your frame (by one so far)
  • etc, etc...

Regarding what I was asking on a few pages before, would just catching a Giratina in Turnback cave be the best option? I got an Action Replay today and im trying to my my delay range. But im still learning about all this RNG mumbo jumbo so should I just kill it when I can?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Regarding what I was asking on a few pages before, would just catching a Giratina in Turnback cave be the best option? I got an Action Replay today and im trying to my my delay range. But im still learning about all this RNG mumbo jumbo so should I just kill it when I can?
??? why kill it???

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Because it's easier dealing with it in Turnback Cave than Distortion World.

You can also run from Giratina. That's be easier.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Makes total sense. Yeah, doesn't like closing the menu/journal like advance your frame by 12 or something ridiculous in the Distortion world??? Because the screen has to reload or something weird there...

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
i would say kill it since it respawns later in turn back cave and by then you'll have the team necessary to capture it or if your going to use a masterball, i recently went through the same thing and RNGed my giratina in turn back cave. I would only recommend catching it in distortion world if you have a high frame number because then you could continually reload the distortion world map by going in and out of the journal to advance your frames by 11 each time, so it will go by more quickly.

EDIT: ignore this

Hi!

I found a seed for RNGing a shiny starter in Soul Silver. . .plus it's on frame 1 so that makes it even better . .but. .whenever I reset the game and hit the time the pokemon's meant to appear, it doesn't come up as shiny . .I checked the delay of this seed and it's 430 . . .is that too small a delay for HGSS?

in rng manipulation of bred pokemon in emerald i am locked into the egg(adamand beldum) and i start resetting. i get an egg and i save the game. If the egg has not the ivs i wanted will i still be locked to the egg?(adamand beldum). thanks.

in rng manipulation of bred pokemon in emerald i am locked into the egg(adamand beldum) and i start resetting. i get an egg and i save the game. If the egg has not the ivs i wanted will i still be locked to the egg?(adamand beldum). thanks.
Unless Emerald mechanics are different from DPPt, the IV's should be locked in as soon as you receive it.

Unless Emerald mechanics are different from DPPt, the IV's should be locked in as soon as you receive it.
Thats right. But after i hatch the egg i want to save the game before i give the pokemon rare candies to check its ivs. So if i save the game should i do the whole procedure again(locking into an egg with the right nature)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)