ORAS OU Most OP OU Team - Rip Pokemon Showdown

This is one of the best Pokemon Showdown Teams I have made, this team is just Busted on Pokemon showdown! I play Pokemon Showdown from time to time and build some pretty crazy teams to battle with. It has been a while since I have done a Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Team Building guide so I might as well make one about this crazy Pokemon Showdown team. The way this team works in Wifi Battles or Pokemon Shodown OU is by using a super supportive tank core to put Mega Sableye and Clafable into a super sweep and potentially 6-0 battle situation.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp

So my experience with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire has been; Sableye wins. That by playing Sableye just right, removing Sableye's threats, understanding where the strengths of this pokemon are, you pretty much just kind of win a lot of battles, because you come in, you Calm Mind, and if they don't have any kind of Fire Pokemon that are heavy physical, or Fairy type Pokemon, Sableye just wins. It's that simple. I was thinking what if I build a team around Sableye. So the thing I really wanted to focus on was Fairy killing.
This time I'm running a Snarl variant, mostly because I'm just going for a little bit less damage, but I'm also trying to shut down other Calm Mind strategies. Overall this is what it's all about, you use Prankster Will o Wisp, then you reflect back status or entry hazards and then you just kind of win when Sableye gets its full setup.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

To super back up Sableye is Clefable. It's just one of the strongest pokemon in the game to use for a setup. What you do with Clefable is you go Bold nature you fully invest hitpoints, fully invest defense, 1 point in special defense big whoop. And then you just kind of play it like an un-killable tank. Now normally on Clefable you'll see something like Magic Guard. The reason why I'm running Unaware is because of Sableye; if I feel a strong status is coming my way, I can switch into Sableye, have him like bounce back the status or something. And one of the biggest problems to the team is if a pokemon is trying to set up really quick, like a Swords Dance Talonflame, any kind of Swords Dance or Dragon Dance Pokemon. Sometimes it takes them a turn to realize I might be Unaware so they go for what they think is a free stat boost and they don't do any damage and then I can get free setup and a lot of other cool stuff.

Now the great thing about Clefable is that it covers for itself because it gets Flamethrower; you set up one Calm Mind and then you predict like a Scizor and that thing is gone. Any kind of Steel type that's trying to answer to you, you can do really well against, and most of the time you can just endure a super effective physical hit like an Iron Head or something like that, because you have so much defensive bulk. And Clefable's just filthy like that. Now the only drawback is Moonlight, but Moonlight is like the most legitimate way of running Clefable, because Softboiled is like some generation 3 almost impossible thing to get. I have two heavy win conditions in Sableye and Clefable and that's really what the team revolves around. The rest is just kind of switching around until my opponent loses the thing that can stop my win con and then I just kind of win.

Scizor Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Sp Def
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Defog

This is the next pokemon I want to address. I threw him in because it's a quick answer to Fairy type pokemon. I like him as a Defogger because if I'm doing so much switching getting some Stealth Rock damage could be a little annoying over time. I have Lum Berry so I don't get statused and then pretty much what I do with Scizor is I set up as many Swords Dances as I'm comfortable with and I start throwing out Bullet Punches. Since I'm not running Knock Off because I want to be more utility Scizor instead of like a hard carry Scizor, it's just Bullet Punch that I can get resisted, there's a lot of physical walls in the game. It doesn't come through reliably but it's still a strong pokemon.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Ok so I have Regenerator on Amoonguss, pretty much I bring in Amoonguss, I Spore a Pokemon. If this was Battle Spot this would be way more unforgiving to battle against. So with Amoonguss I did go for Calm Nature more special defense, with some good defensive bulk, that way I just kind of come in tank up everything. Black Sludge Regenerator is super broken, you get way too much health back. So pretty much I Spore, Sludge Bomb, I chip away some damage, I can Synthesis, I can switch out when it's bad, switch into Heatran or some kind of other monstrous tank. Everyone knows what Amoonguss does, it comes in there tries to put a pokemon to sleep, turns into setup and then it just becomes unkillable throughout the course of a battle.

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran is unusual but here's the thing; I don't need a hyper tank stall Toxic Roar phaze whatever Heatran. My idea of this Heatran is running Modest, with some speed investment and hitpoints, it's just full speed full hitpoints that way I'm getting outspeeds. Modest with Choice Specs means I'm getting the most out of my stats, and this is one of the most unusual things that has worked so well because people don't expect a Heatran to outspeed like that. Right now, super tank Garchomp is a thing. This outspeeds that Garchomp. I've been outspeeding Garchomps and throwing out the Hidden Power Ice. Or if it's a Swords Dance Garchomp or Stealth Rocks, what happens is I bring in Heatran on the revenge and Garchomp comes in and I just throw out the Hidden Power Ice.
The rest of it is coverage, Flash Cannon, I come in, I resist a Fairy type attack super hard, throw out a Flash Cannon and if they switch they get a tonne of damage because Stab Choice Specs. Earth Power covers pretty well and Lava Plume for Scizor Ferrothorn. This is the ultimate staple pokemon right here that, between dancing around with Amoonguss and stuff it's like, I bring in Heatran and time to soften up their team so I can really go for the sweep. And this unusual Heatran has been one of the strongest things I've been using.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Facade
- Iron Head

This is Adamant Scarfed Excadrill. I'm not going for super ridiculous amounts of speed, but I'm looking to at least outspeed high base speed pokemon, or slower scarf pokemon, but its mostly just about the power. I'm coming in, I'm going with a 135 attack, I'm just going to lock into that Earthquake, and I'm going to try do what I can. Also Excadrill's natural hitpoint bulk makes it easy as like a switch in pokemon. So I can bring it in, set up into like an Earthquake, Iron Head or Rock Slide. So it's just extra Fairy killing or just high damage Earthquake support. It just comes in, has ridiculous amounts of Earthquake damage, which is why I run the Adamant nature, and also it's just really nice that if the opponent has slower pokemon or I'm just trying to look for a really good cleanup in the mid to late game, I bring in Excadrill, I chip in some damage, it eventually goes down but by then enough threats have been removed that i go back into Heatran Amoonguss Sableye or Clefable, and then I kind of win.​
Overview

This team forces a lot of switches, but personally I'm not an entry hazards kind of battler. I just come in, I sit in there, and eventually my pokemon are going to win out just from not budging and having too much setup. So I don't really put too much stress on that when I could rather use that turn for a Calm Mind or at least getting some health back.
My core is super great, it's just Heatran Amoonguss. The Heatran Amoonguss covers for Sableye Clefable so well it's just absurd. This team has not too many stall aspects if any at all. The funny thing about Amoonguss is it's regarded as a stall pokemon, but the way I run it just as just this really hard stop to anything weakens up Sableye or Clefable (Poison type attacks, Fairy type attacks), Amoonguss has got that covered. So it's more of a catalyst, that I scare off their pokemon, go into Heatran, blow up a pokemon that threatens me, and then I go into Sableye or Clefable. I don't sit in for a million turns with Amoonguss just trying to draw out the battle because I've already lost. No, he actually speeds up my win condition, so this Amoonguss doesn't really make the team any more stall.
It's not an easy team to pick up and go play with, you need to understand what your opponent's going to do, but you just need to stick to your win condition. Try to identify your opponent's win condition because they might say "alright I'm going to keep my Fairy type safe so I beat out the Sableye," or "I'm going to keep my Clefable counter safe so I can beat out the Clefable". But if you just get that one outplay where your win condition trumps theirs because you made the correct switch or you just got that one in that you needed before they did, then it's a really easy team to win with.

My win rate is pretty ridiculous right now; I think it's like 24 or something. i just come in, I win, and cool things happen. It's a really hard team to get around, and unless you fully understand what it's going to do, it's easy to just slip up and lose to it really quickly, which is why all those ragequits happen.

I'm not going to be greedy with this team, I feel I could have kept it hidden and secretly laddered, but I'd rather show you this is what I'm up to. This is the team I pull out if I want to win and I don't feel like having fun and playing pokemon in a very lighthearted way.

Hidden and secretly laddered? This is pretty much verlisify's team with some set changes.
Your overview says that the team has almost no stall aspects, which is incorrect.
A few changes I can suggest is switch facade on drill to rapid spin. Then change defog on scizor to baton pass. I would suggest a lead or stall breaker heatran but if you want your current set then it's much better to go max special attack. IMO scarf heatran is better than specs.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hidden and secretly laddered? This is pretty much verlisify's team with some set changes.
Your overview says that the team has almost no stall aspects, which is incorrect.
A few changes I can suggest is switch facade on drill to rapid spin. Then change defog on scizor to baton pass. I would suggest a lead or stall breaker heatran but if you want your current set then it's much better to go max special attack. IMO scarf heatran is better than specs.
Dude this is a joke lmao he just watched Verlisify's video about this team and put it into a RMT, allof these paragraphs are Verlis' own words about his team lol some people just don't get sarcasm

This
Dude this is a joke lmao he just watched Verlisify's video about this team and put it into a RMT, allof these paragraphs are Verlis' own words about his team lol some people just don't get sarcasm
I thought so. But that's not what this forum is supposed to be (IMO)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)