Mugi Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Arcticblast

Mugi Mod is a major modification to the OU metagame that only makes changes that can be done using the Balanced Hackmons ruleset. This means any team that is legal for Mugi Mod is also legal for Balanced Hackmons and should be played there.

The rule set of Mugi Mod is as follows

Major Changes:

Team preview is eliminated.

Drizzle, Drought, and Sand Stream are all now banned. The Pokemon that received these abilities all receive new ones.
• Vulpix and Ninetales: Quick Feet
• Politoed: Poison Heal
• Tyranitar: Dry Skin
• Hippopotas and Hippowdon: Wonder Skin
(Note: Kyogre and Groudon may still use Drizzle and Drought respectively)

The moves listed below are now banned and may not be used on any pokemon
• Close Combat
• Outrage
• U-Turn
All Pokemon that used to learn Close Combat now learn Hi-Jump Kick.
All Pokemon that used to learn Outrage now learn Dragon Claw and Dual Chop.
All Pokemon that learn Focus Blast now learn Aura Sphere.
Additionally, you may only have one instance of the move Baton Pass on your team.

Rapid Spin now has much better distribution, the pokemon listed below now learn Rapid Spin

• Kangaskhan
• Omanyte and Omastar
• Miltank
• Dusclops and Dusknoir
• Frillish and Jellicent

The Ubers tier has been completely redone. The pokemon listed below are Uber tier and thus banned from play
Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina-O, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem-W

This means the following pokemon are unbanned and newly legal for play
Blaziken, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-N, Deoxys-S, Giratina-A, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Excadrill, Tornadus-T, Thundurus-I, Landorus-I, Genesect

Many of the newly legal pokemon have been nerfed
Blaziken is forbidden from using Protect and/or Detect
Deoxys-A is forbidden from using Psycho Boost
Deoxys-N is forbidden from using Psycho Boost
Deoxys-S is forbidden from using Spikes
Giratina-A is forbidden from using Rest
Darkrai is forbidden from using Dark Void
Shaymin-S no longer receives Serene Grace. It now receives Natural Cure instead.
Thundurus-I is forbidden from using Nasty Plot

Conversely, Genesect has now been buffed
Genesect now learns Volt Switch

All unreleased Dream World abilities are now legal
Shadow Tag is now banned

One other pokemon has been nerfed
Breloom is forbidden from using Spore. It now learns Sleep Powder.

Minor Changes:

Many pokemon have been buffed

Starmie now learns Calm Mind. It also receives Regenerator.
Tentacruel now receives Regenerator
Kangaskhan now learns Extreme Speed
Gyarados now learns Roost
Snorlax now learns Slack Off
Dragonite now learns Heal Bell with no incompatibilities. It can now use Multiscale and Heal Bell on the same moveset.
Mew now receives Levitate
Crobat now receives Intimidate. It also now learns Volt Switch.
Lanturn now learns Perish Song and Wish
Misdreavus and Mismagius now learn Recover
Miltank now learns Wish
Claydol now learns Will-O-Wisp and Recover.
Metagross now learns Fire Punch and Drain Punch. It also now receives Iron Fist.
Regigigas receives Regenerator
Registeel receives Regenerator
Regirock receives Regenerator
Regice receives Regenerator
Roserade now has no move incompatibilities.
Gastrodon now learns Spikes
Bronzong now learns Fire Blast. It also now receives Flash Fire
Dusknoir now learns Circle Throw and Recover.
Rotom-Spin receives Motor Drive
Rotom-Ghost now learns Recover
Escavalier now learns Superpower
Landorus-T now learns Volt Switch

If you want to play Mugi Mod post your Showdown name in this thread and you will be added to the player base.

Current player base:
Tsumugi Kotokobuki
Super Mario Bro

Sample Game: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons-42879070

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Unlike the two posts before this I'm trying to put a bit of substance into my post
Interesting metagame you have here, but I'd like to question some of your choices because quite honestly, they don't make much sense to me.

Firstly, you not only unbanned Genesect, but you buffed it with Volt Switch. With its excellent moveset now improved further, don't you think it's a bit broken?
You also gave Regigigas Regenerator — meaning it no longer has Slow Start. Do you plan to do anything to nerf Regigigas or is it unbroken enough to stay as it is?
Finally why would Crobat use Volt Switch lol .__.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
HI JUMP KICK TERRAKION WE ARE FUKED :]

Anyways, this is a very interesting-looking metagame, and I love the fact that most of these bans / unbans actually probably stabilize the metagame just from my OU-playing experience. Right from my point of interest in a good OU metagame, and even the fact that Terrakion is more powerful, it now gets punished hard for predicting wrong.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Unlike the two posts before this I'm trying to put a bit of substance into my post
Interesting metagame you have here, but I'd like to question some of your choices because quite honestly, they don't make much sense to me.

Firstly, you not only unbanned Genesect, but you buffed it with Volt Switch. With its excellent moveset now improved further, don't you think it's a bit broken?
You also gave Regigigas Regenerator — meaning it no longer has Slow Start. Do you plan to do anything to nerf Regigigas or is it unbroken enough to stay as it is?
Keep in mind that Genesect lost U- Turn, which nerfs its Choice sets pretty badly. As for Regigigas, it's surprisingly tame as it's ruined by all forms of status and generally can't scratch ghosts and physically bulky steels. I would personally use Kangaskhan as normal-type attacker before even considering Regi, as access to Scrappy Rapid Spin and double STAB priority give it far better utility.

Last edited:

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
U-Turn is one of those moves that a skillful metagame is better without. It eliminates the need for prediction on certain mons because nothing is immune to it, and can effectively create catch-22 scenarios with a solid VoltTurn teammate and hazards.

Finally why would Crobat use Volt Switch lol .__.
While pretty much all of what I'm gonna say has been said I still want to go over this.

Genesect lost U-Turn, so not only has it not been buffed it's been hugely nerfed. All of us know how inferior Volt Switch is, and having Volt Switch rather than U-Turn makes most Genesect entirely checked by Gastrodon and Lanturn, as well as Pink Blobs and Snorlax being able to sponge off his attacks for days. Scarfsect is really dead as a concept, having dead weight in the team if the opponent happens to role Gastrodon or Lanturn just sucks.

RP Genesect is an efficient late game sweeper, but really nothing more. He's still walled by all the same things and now requires a set-up turn as well as team support to remove many of his counters.

Regigigas sucks, sucked, and always will suck. Unlike other pokemon like Lanturn that have had the metagame purposefully conditioned for them to be good Regigigias has had the meta conditioned for him to suck. There's more viable Ghosts than ever, adding Dusknoir, Jellicent, and Giratina into the fray, and Regigigas can't touch Ghosts at all. He also struggles with some of the new and improved steel types like Registeel, Brongzong, and Skarmory.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about Crobat and Volt Switch, are you saying it doesn't make sense flavor wise, or that he wouldn't want to use it in a battle. U-Turn was one of Crobat's main moves, and since we wanted to buff the Bat it was important to keep his ability to maintain momentum (partially) in place.

HI JUMP KICK TERRAKION WE ARE FUKED :]

Anyways, this is a very interesting-looking metagame, and I love the fact that most of these bans / unbans actually probably stabilize the metagame just from my OU-playing experience. Right from my point of interest in a good OU metagame, and even the fact that Terrakion is more powerful, it now gets punished hard for predicting wrong.

Oddly enough I've been using Superpower on my Terrakion. Ghosts are fairly common here with buffed Dusknoir and Jellicent, and nothing sucks more than Hi-Jump Kicking and having an opponent reveal their Ghost (remember, no team preview).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)