Murder Most Foul; Peaked #40

Hello, this is my first RMT after lurking for a long time, so please bear with me. I've been trying out multitudes of teams, enough so that I am at my 37th alt. This is my first (and only, as of yet) slightly successful team. I, right now, am hovering around 40-44 (You can see me as 'Yuttt again'). I apologize in advance for the excessive use of commas; I have lots of thoughts and not enough fingers.

Murder Most Foul
My team is named Murder Most Foul after a line in Hamlet in which the Ghost speaks, which I associate with Shedinja.

Teambuilding Process

I figured that, to build a moderately good team, I would need a win condition. So I picked Shedinja (yes, only one 'n'), as it could wall specific threats easily.

Next, I knew I would be in need of Rapid Spinning support, so, naturally, I picked Blastoise, the best spinner in the tier, and a turtle (which is always a plus).

Here I had a brilliant idea, in which I Baton Pass a Substitute to Shedinja, further increasing its time to set up, and protecting it from status. I decided to use Umbreon, on of the premier Special walls.

Next, I needed another sweeper, for situations in which Shedinja fails. I chose Nidoqueen, as she can take a hit or two.

I also needed a Physical sweeper, and I've always incorporated Mienshao into my teams when given the chance, as he's so good.

I figured that I would need a tank to take hits aimed at Shedinja, so I used Snorlax for that purpose.

After testing for a short length of time, I seemed to be unable to se Snorlax efficiently, so I scrapped him for Zoroark, who worked awesomely well disguised as Shedinja.

However, Nidoqueen was the weak link, and GenXXZ suggested Rhyperior, who has worked wonders for this team.

And so there you have it, the (basic) origins of Murder Most Foul. Before I go in-depth with the movesets and details, I'd like to remind the readers that the specific strategy used is to get Shedinja a Sub, nab a Swords Dance or 3 and sweep. Remember, when testing this team, switch out Shedinja if he's in danger, as an alive(?) Shedinja is far better off than a dead(?) one.

Movesets, Details, and the Such

Murder Most Foul (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

My favorite walking win condition. Shedinja walls so many common sets, such as all Raikous (I think), Roserade, Kingdra, Azumarill, and so on. If he gets Baton Passed a Sub, he basically gets 2 free SDs, and can sweep from there. The nature and IVs are for giving Porygons the Atk boost, and EVs give max Atk and Spe, and the rest in HP 'cause it increases the survivability just that much more. He has 2 forms of priority, to get over his base 40 Spe, and X-scissor to deal a bunch of damage, albeit slowly. He's a very underrated poke, and you'd be surprised at how many people try to use an Ice-type move on him.

Umbrella (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Moonlight
- Foul Play

Ok, here's a rather icky set. A huge case of 4-moveslot syndrome. BP and Sub are for passing to Shedinja, and Moonlight provides reliable recovery, something the Steel types in this tier would die for. Foul Play is awesome, it gets those Physical attackers as they switch in. Belive it or don't, I once swept a team with Foul Play on Umbreon. The EVs give him good SpD, which works well with Blastoise as the defensive 'mons on my team. I, unfortunately, cannot fit Heal bell and Wish, which sucks.

Chelonian (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Rain Dance

Yes, it's Blastoise. He has maxed out Def and HP, in order to mime the other Physically bulky water types. I use Rain Dance on the off chance that I face a Hail team, so Shedinja doesn't become utterly dead weight. I sacked Foresight, as I found myself (or rather didn't) not using it. Roar is just there, in case someone sets up, I guess? I dunno.

Boo! (Zoroark) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Extrasensory

Zoroark is really fun to use disguised as Shedinja. I always, ALWAYS lead with him, and can usually et a quick KO, or just maim something. The moves are for nailing common leads, such as Ambipom (why do people still use that?), Mienshao, Froslass, or Crobat. My main concern is the item, it's hard to bluff as a Life Orb Shedinja. But then again, it's hard to disguise as a Special Shedinja either. In all seriosity though, should I use Specs or Life orb or something?

Rhynocerous (Rhyperior) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 16 Atk / 244 HP / 248 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Stealth Rock

Rhyperior is a powerhouse. Even though he's almost completely invested in Defenses, he hits like a cement truck. He threatens Flying types, which my team used to be weak to, and just sits there and takes hits all day. He can set up SR if I need to, which is always handy. He is just a great team player. Thanks GenXXZ!

Mienshal Arts (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The scourge of UU, Mienshao! Mienshao is one of the biggest threats in the Metagame right now, and that's why I've gotta use it. Max Spe and Atk, and HJK, SE, and HP Ice for coverage. U-turn is for scouting, and dealing damage. HJK gets boosted by Reckless to ridiculous power, which can decimate even sturdy walls, like Suicune. Again, a backup Physical attacker, which is always nice. I'm open to suggestions like using a Scarf, and stuff like that for Mienshao, as he isn't preforming a niche role on my team.

Conclusion
Note: I skipped the 'Threat List' section, as I feel like it all depends on the scenario and stuff. However, Shaymin and Roserade are hard to beat with this team.

Well, that was a lot of typing! Please rate, and test, this team. Tell me if I can make this more aesthetically pleasing, and I'll gladly do it. Thanks for reading it all (or not), and good luck laddering!
Murder Most Foul (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Lonely Nature
IVs: NaN Def
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Umbrella (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Moonlight
- Foul Play

Chelonian (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Rain Dance

Boo! (Zoroark) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Extrasensory

Woman's Rights (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Mienshal Arts (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I haven't battled a shedinja team since like... 4th gen. So it's really interesting to see one here in UU. You did a pretty good job too!

Let's talk about Shedinja for a minute, because running him requires a LOT of team support and I'd like you to take a second look at what you're running.

From what it looks like, you're covering every shedinja weakness except flying. Specifically Honchcrow, that thing will absolutely blow through this team with Sucker Punch, Brave Bird, and Superpower like it's nobody's business. Bisharp also seems to give you problems, like you briefly stated in your RMT. So, how do we counter such Pokemon? Well first off I'd start off by replacing Nidoqueen with Rhyperior. You'll have a direct flying counter this way and you'll still be able to set up stealth rocks and even keep offensive presence if you want to run the Choice Band set. Heck, even the tank set hits pretty hard. Also, if you're worried about Bisharp and Honchcrow's fighting coverage moves hitting Rhyperior, don't worry. Life Orb Honchcrow Superpower barely 2HKOs and Low Kick Bisharp 3HKOs.

Also this is just a personal preference of mine but I would run Reckless instead of Regenerater on the LO Mienshao. Since you're not running a choice item and you have pretty good coverage, you're not going to be switching a whole bunch, making Reckless more useful in my opinion. You're also running the Hidden Power, which is fine, but the nature is definitely making you a lot frailer so the Regenerator healing seems even less valuable.

Also it took me a while to realize that you were joking when you said "The 4 HP EVs increase Shedinja's survivability" but when I figured it out I laughed. :D

Awesome team, keep going with it!

Thanks for the rate! I've been muddling around with Qwilfish and such on this team, but it isn't really sticking. I'll try the Rhyperior, thanks! My only fear is that my weakness to Fighting is enlarged, but I'll try it in practice. Maybe with Qwilfish? Hmm...

And yeah, I had no place to put the remaining 4 EVs on Shedinja, so I put them in HP, just to have fun.

Edit: Edited the OP with the changes. Thanks!
That's right, an edit about an edit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)