My first Actual OU team, please rate

I'm a beginner, and with my awesome beginner skills I made the most indestructible flawless Team. Or so I thought.
After some battles I noticed that My team does good in the beginning, but by the end I'm not feeling as confident.
That's really all my Team is. Just a bunch of pokemon just watching each other's backs with one immunity after the other.

But I come here seeking advice so please post your suggestions. Hopefully I will come out of this with a better team then I had when I came in.

CHANGE IS REPRESENTED IN RED.
POSSIBLE CHANGE IS REPRESENTED IN BLUE.

First it's this big guy playing lead. He's mainly for just setting up Sandstorm and stealth rock. His Defenses are more appealing then Hippowdons but I'm starting to wonder. His weaknesses are unattractive and usually have me switching before stealth rock when a suspicious Fighting type move carrier comes along.

If I do switch because of the fear of getting hit with a focus blast or an earthquake I switch into this. This can usually take care of things from then on.
And if you think you can pull of a slick thunderbolt on me then...

BAM! Think again. Most likely they won't be prepared for a swampert and will switch out, giving me a chance to boost. If not it can take a hit and boost once. Swampert is most reliable in-late game. When all the sweepers have been cleared off swampert can glide by the rest.
You have to love single weaknesses, it makes everything far more predictable and easier to counter.

Heatran was the replacement for my metagross, for it's greater resistance to grass and steel type. It's a perfect thing to switch in for swampert, and a decent sweeper.

The TRU dragon of the sand. I love Flygon for his immunities and speed, it makes it so much easier to switch into to play the role of Revenge killer

My favorite pokemon, yet the most unusful one in the whole team. It plays wall in all of my team. It traps pokemon for me so I can switch in for the kill! But with sandstorm going on this team it's hard to keep a good wall, and umbreon offers little coverage to support this team.
I'm thinking of replacing it.

In Depth

----------------------------
Tyranitar *Sitrus berry*leftovers
Sand stream
Calm nature*adamant
EV 252Spd/252Def/4hp*will post changes later
-Pursuit*Payback
-Stone edge*earthquake
-stealth rock
-Thunderpunch*substitute

I maximized his Defenses so that he can actually take a super-effective attack and have time for the sitrus berry to work, giving me another 2hits of durability. Other then setting up stealth rock and Sandstorm Tyranitar can also pursuit those who switch when faced with a Tyranitar, because a Tyranitar can be a scary thing. Thunderpunch is there because I honestly don't have anything else in my team to counter a water types except my Heatrans solarbeam, but heatran isn't the best thing to switch to.

Tyranitar is mainly there to just set up Sandstorm and hopefully a stealth rock, but like I explained earlier he sometimes has to switch out because of the suspicion that the opponent might hit me with a fighting attack.

Gyrados *Choice band*choice scarf
intimidate
Adamant Nature
EV 252Atk/252Spe/4spd
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Ice Fang

Gyrados plays the part of being sweeper and is usually there for Tyranitar when a suspicous Focus blast comes along. With Gyradoses naturally high special defense he can easily take a shot and counter with the corresponding move. It is also the second pokemon that is immune to ground type moves, sided with flygon which makes it easier to switch for when Tyranitar does get into trouble with an EQer.

Earthquake is to counter the lucarios that have the nerve to switch into my Tyranitar. Icefang and Waterfall is there for even more coverage and outrage is there in times of desperation.

Swampert *Chesto berry
Torrent
Impish nature
EV 252spd/252Def/4atk

-Curse
-Rest
-Hammer arm
-Avalanche

Swampert would normally switch in for Gyrados when something with a predictable thunderbolt switches into Gyrados. I'll usually just boost Swampert up with curse then sweep, if not just switch to use him in late-game to sweep. Easily just use Rest+Chesto berry to completely heal swampert of status conditions and health.
Avalanche is to put the fear in dragons who think they can just walk all over Swampert with brute force, works really well with curse. Hammer arm is to add one more coverage to my team, as well as doing 120base power damage. Overall it's one of the most reliable things to switch into to get the job done, nice and slowly.

Heatran *power herb*Life orb
Flash Fire
Modest nature*Timid nature
EV 252spA/252Def/4hp*will post changes later
-Heat wave
-Solarbeam*Hiddenpower [grass]
-Dragon pulse
-explode

Heatran is there to cover for swampert when someone tries to pull a grass type move on Swampert. Heatran also makes a bulky sweeper to get out there on the field. And when it does it's job it will simply explode in the next pokemon's face.
Although I find Heatran playing less of a role in this team then it should be, perhaps it is the fault of it's item Life orb, would a choice scarf make it more of a sweeper? Or maybe it is the teams great weakness to Fighting type. or is it just stuck having to burden Umbreons weakness to fighting types and having nothing to switch in for that other then Gyrados.

Flygon *Choice scarf
Levitate
adamant nature
EV 252Atk/246spd/16spA
-Dragonclaw/Outrage?
-U-turn
-Heat wave
-stone edge

Flygon is the Revenge killer of the team. It can easily outspeed any threat that isn't well boosted. I'm not sure Whether I should Replace my Outrage for Dragonclaw. Outrage can usually pick of things weakened thanks to stealth rock but it leaves my Flygon open for the next 1-2 turns. But with Dragon claw I'm not going to to able to badly hurt things that aren't affected by my other moves. so post your suggestions.
Overheat is to get rid of Skarmories and grass types for swampert.
Stone edge is to get rid gyrados and other Flying threats.
U-turn is for the easy hit and run, allows me to switch out revenge killer Flygon for something else. Maybe my swampert in late game to continue it's Curse boosts or Maybe sweeper Gyrados to make for an easy sweep.

Have a replacement for me? Post now!
umbreon *Leftovers
Synchronize
Careful nature
EV 252Def/252Spd/4hp
-mean look*Curse
-baton pass*protect
-payback
-wish

The most useless pokemon in my team sadly has to be my favorite one. Umbreon does play a valuable role in my other teams, but not in this one.
It doesn't mix with sandstorm and has to look for help from leftovers to keep it's place as a wall. It offers little coverage to the other pokemon. All in all it just feels liek the outcast of the group.

It's role is to mean look and baton pass for an easy sweep. If taunted payback is there to deal some damage. Wish is to heal and switch/baton pass to another pokemon. That's really it, It doesn't do anything else other then that.

Okay, the first thing I noticed was that you're very Specially lacking, and you have 3 Pokemon with a weakness to Fighting. Next in line, you said that you seem to be doing badly. Maybe it's that your Umbreon is just filling a space as a final slot, which is a waste of Umbreon's usability and a pokemon slot. I suggest switching it for something (Or its moves, at least). Next, with Sandstrom from T-tar's Sand Stream, having Solarbeam on LOTran is pretty useless. If anything, HP Grass would be your best best. Next, You have.. Tyranitar, which sets up SR and then gets blasted because its defenses and Sitrus berry don't mix well. *Personally, I think nothing works with Sitrus berry*. You have Gyarados, which You put a CB on to make it a bit of a revenge killer. Next, Swampert, which is an all-around great Pokemon, but you're running a Fully-physical set, which is rather nice, considering the lower speed and Avalanche's 120 BP if you've been hit. Then Heatran, which usually causes switches, you have 4 attacks, one of them being Solarbeam, which is useless on it. Flygon is your second revenge killer, which is the basic Scarfgon set. Then your worst Pokemon, by typing and your moveset, Umbreon. I love Umbreon, so seeing it being COMPLETELY useless is a little annoying to me.

```Ratings:
Diversity: 6/11
Type coverage: 7.5/11
Role coverage *Special wall, etc*: 3/11

Overall: 5.5/11, or a 50.

Corrections in a handbasket: Switch Ttar's item; Give Gyara a Scarf or LO/Leftovers and DD; Swampert's great; Heatran needs Solarbeam replaced and maybe an item change/Substitute; Flygon is great; Umbreon needs a complete workover.

Good luck, and I hope to see you in Shoddy :)

Okay, the first thing I noticed was that you're very Specially lacking, and you have 3 Pokemon with a weakness to Fighting. Next in line, you said that you seem to be doing badly. Maybe it's that your Umbreon is just filling a space as a final slot, which is a waste of Umbreon's usability and a pokemon slot. I suggest switching it for something (Or its moves, at least). Next, with Sandstrom from T-tar's Sand Stream, having Solarbeam on LOTran is pretty useless. If anything, HP Grass would be your best best. Next, You have.. Tyranitar, which sets up SR and then gets blasted because its defenses and Sitrus berry don't mix well. *Personally, I think nothing works with Sitrus berry*. You have Gyarados, which You put a CB on to make it a bit of a revenge killer. Next, Swampert, which is an all-around great Pokemon, but you're running a Fully-physical set, which is rather nice, considering the lower speed and Avalanche's 120 BP if you've been hit. Then Heatran, which usually causes switches, you have 4 attacks, one of them being Solarbeam, which is useless on it. Flygon is your second revenge killer, which is the basic Scarfgon set. Then your worst Pokemon, by typing and your moveset, Umbreon. I love Umbreon, so seeing it being COMPLETELY useless is a little annoying to me.

```Ratings:
Diversity: 6/11
Type coverage: 7.5/11
Role coverage *Special wall, etc*: 3/11

Overall: 5.5/11, or a 50.

Corrections in a handbasket: Switch Ttar's item; Give Gyara a Scarf or LO/Leftovers and DD; Swampert's great; Heatran needs Solarbeam replaced and maybe an item change/Substitute; Flygon is great; Umbreon needs a complete workover.

Good luck, and I hope to see you in Shoddy :)

I would really appreciate it if you don't blindly turn me into a direction such as that. Telling me to Remake my whole Umbreon will be a waste of time since at the moment I am completely lost as to how to even touch that pokemon. But at this point I'm looking for either HELPFUL advice or a whole new pokemon to take it's place. Also because it makes it so that 3 pokemon in my team are weak against Fighting.
I have another set for Umbreon, would this work?
Mean look

And Tyranitar's leftovers Rarely stand up to something to Focus blast. Atleast With Sitrus berry He could be used later in the match instead of having the haunting red life bar.

Maybe if you tried a different umbreon set it might help you a little better, the trap passer is good but I prefer this set, and actually it works pretty good, and is still effective. I hope you try it out :D

Umbreon
Nature:Sassy
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Sync
EV's 252 hp 56 def 200 SpD

Moves
-Curse
-Wish
-Payback
-Protect/Yawn

little bit of a different spread, I feel umbreon needs a fairly heavy investment into hp to be any useful at all, this set is still fairly bulky, can still effectivly wish pass, and even set up and sweep, last move is purely preffence, yawn can work well to shuffle around weakness's, protect ensures a wish. Now onto Swampert, pert has amazing HP and should definatly have some sort of investment into it curse set it nice but I prefer this one

Swampert
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Torret
EV's:252 hp 4 atk 252 def

Moves
-Roar
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake

pretty standard, and works great, might help with your fighting weakneass, also gives you a phazer, and a great tank. Also you could switch Ice beam to protect to increase his chances of survival, if you wanna stick with a curse pert I think a different spread and moveset would be a better option, as it can also effectivly take hits on both sides of the spectrum

Swampert
Nature:Impish
Item:Chestoberry/leftover
Ability:Torrent
EV's 240 hp 40 def 216 SpD

Moves
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Curse
-Rest/Avalance

well that's all I can offer, I hope you try my suggestions, and hope it helps with the team

Maybe if you tried a different umbreon set it might help you a little better, the trap passer is good but I prefer this set, and actually it works pretty good, and is still effective. I hope you try it out :D

Umbreon
Nature:Sassy
Ability:Sync
EV's 252 hp 56 def 200 SpD

Moves
-Curse
-Wish
-Payback
-Protect/Yawn

little bit of a different spread, I feel umbreon needs a fairly heavy investment into hp to be any useful at all, this set is still fairly bulky, can still effectivly wish pass, and even set up and sweep, last move is purely preffence, yawn can work well to shuffle around weakness's, protect ensures a wish. Now onto Swampert, pert has amazing HP and should definatly have some sort of investment into it curse set it nice but I prefer this one

Swampert
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Torret
EV's:252 hp 4 atk 252 def

Moves
-Roar
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake

pretty standard, and works great, might help with your fighting weakneass, also gives you a phazer, and a great tank. Also you could switch Ice beam to protect to increase his chances of survival, if you wanna stick with a curse pert I think a different spread and moveset would be a better option, as it can also effectivly take hits on both sides of the spectrum

Swampert
Nature:Impish
Item:Chestoberry/leftover
Ability:Torrent
EV's 240 hp 40 def 216 SpD

Moves
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Curse
-Rest/Avalance

well that's all I can offer, I hope you try my suggestions, and hope it helps with the team

I like the umbreon set, it really utilizes Umbreons wall defenses. I'll really try it and see how it goes.

Although I'm not sure of the swampert set. It think I'll stick with mine.

after looking over your team again I seen some other things that could also use a change. First off Heatran has quite a few weakness, and needs speed to beat them so switching from 252 def to 252 speed is a must, Lifeorb/Scarf/Specs are really good items for tran maybe this set might help you better

Heatran
Nature:Timid/Naive
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Flash Fire
Ev's 252 spec atk 252 speed 4 atk

Moves
-Fireblast
-Earthpower
-HP Grass/HP Electric/Dragon Pulse
-Taunt/Explosion/Substitute

this set works as a good revenge killer, maximizing Trans offense, if you choose explosion the 4 atk ev's plus Life orb will do a great amount of damage even if resisted.

So, your TTar really needs a better spread, either a switch to a DD Ttar, or a actual lead, I'm assuming cause of Sitrus and Max Defenses, the lead version would be more of what you're looking for

Tyranitar
Nature:Adamant
Item:Lum Berry/Leftover
Ability:Sand Stream
Ev's 252 hp 32 atk 226 SpD

Moves
-Stone Edge
-Payback
-Earthquake/Substitute
-Steath Rock

This set takes advantage of Ttars massive HP stat, and SpD boost in the sand, still has steath rock, and with the atk ev's and adamant nature packs a fairly decent punch while still holding a massive amount of bulk, I feel it would better suit you as a lead. I hope you take these changes into consideration as I really think they will help your team alot. other than that I really have nothing else to add exept: good luck with the team, and I hope it works out for you.

Heatran is staying with Heat wave.

after looking over your team again I seen some other things that could also use a change. First off Heatran has quite a few weakness, and needs speed to beat them so switching from 252 def to 252 speed is a must, Lifeorb/Scarf/Specs are really good items for tran maybe this set might help you better

Heatran
Nature:Timid/Naive
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Flash Fire
Ev's 252 spec atk 252 speed 4 atk

Moves
-Fireblast
-Earthpower
-HP Grass/HP Electric/Dragon Pulse
-Taunt/Explosion/Substitute

this set works as a good revenge killer, maximizing Trans offense, if you choose explosion the 4 atk ev's plus Life orb will do a great amount of damage even if resisted.

So, your TTar really needs a better spread, either a switch to a DD Ttar, or a actual lead, I'm assuming cause of Sitrus and Max Defenses, the lead version would be more of what you're looking for

Tyranitar
Nature:Adamant
Item:Lum Berry/Leftover
Ability:Sand Stream
Ev's 252 hp 32 atk 226 SpD

Moves
-Stone Edge
-Payback
-Earthquake/Substitute
-Steath Rock

This set takes advantage of Ttars massive HP stat, and SpD boost in the sand, still has steath rock, and with the atk ev's and adamant nature packs a fairly decent punch while still holding a massive amount of bulk, I feel it would better suit you as a lead. I hope you take these changes into consideration as I really think they will help your team alot. other than that I really have nothing else to add exept: good luck with the team, and I hope it works out for you.
I added HPgrass and switched it's item to Life orb and rearranged his EVs so that he is more Speed suited, but I don't think I will be letting go of heat wave any time soon. Earthpower is good but I already Have that covered with Gyrados, I'd prefer Dragon pulse for when I switch into a dragon locked on outrage or when I switch to Heatran to take Dragon hits.

I'll consider Tyranitar
It would be hard letting go of pursuit though because it does get the job done now and then and has aided me more then hurt me. It does a nifty job at 1KOing psychics that retreat at the sight of Tyranitar.
But I see what your set is getting at.

Pursuit, or Payback. they both work and Ttar gets stab from each of them, but the ev spread change is a must. from what I can see and mind you I have very limited amount of expierance too, you're team is pretty good, you just had weird ev spreads and movesets that didn't use most of them to their full potential, also it would be good to put the 16 spec atk evs on flygon into speed, and switch heatwave to earthquake. As flygon is part ground he gets stab from it, which will take out most steel pokes, and stone edge should do a nice chunk to skarm. I think it would be safe to ditch heatwave, also earthquake helps take out those annoying fighting types that really hurt your team

Pursuit, or Payback. they both work and Ttar gets stab from each of them, but the ev spread change is a must. from what I can see and mind you I have very limited amount of expierance too, you're team is pretty good, you just had weird ev spreads and movesets that didn't use most of them to their full potential, also it would be good to put the 16 spec atk evs on flygon into speed, and switch heatwave to earthquake. As flygon is part ground he gets stab from it, which will take out most steel pokes, and stone edge should do a nice chunk to skarm. I think it would be safe to ditch heatwave, also earthquake helps take out those annoying fighting types that really hurt your team
Stone edge wouldn't do much to a skarmory, and if I replaced heat wave with stone edge that would leave me with no choice but to switch on a skarmory to Heatran.

And by annoying fighting types I hope you mean Infernape and Lucario, since fighting types aren't weak against Ground type moves. But Lucario is also weak against Heatwave.

I'm considering the payback. Overall I think it would be a good thing on Lead Tyranitar. It would be much easier to stealth rock, substitute and payback like no tomorrow ( of course with earthquake thrown in there ).

Edit: But I have noticed that no one has suggested any new pokemon.
No suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)