ORAS OU My First RMT "DrillTar Dynamic Duo"

Yo, what's up everyone! My name is Angel The Don, or just simply, Angel. This is my first RMT as the title will tell you. I made this team a few days ago after getting back into PS after a 3 month hiatus. Let me know what you think. I am open to any input. Although I've been playing competitive for almost 3 years now I'd be foolish to think I know it all. Without further adieu: DrillTar Dynamic Duo
tyranitar.gif excadrill.gif breloom.gif azumarill.gif rotom-wash.gif thundurus.gif

To begin, I absolutely love offense. Especially Hyper offense. Although this team is not necessarily HO due to a couple of Choiced pokemon and a bulky rotom I like to think of this is a bit more a hybrid HO. Balls to the wall is my style. I read your team layout, predict your moves and proceed to wreck house. I didn't spend a ton of time making this team so I know there is definitely room for improvement and suggestions. My job requires a lot of time from me so all I've been able to do it test in a few matches here and there before I'm either off to work or off to bed to get up for work lol. Let's get this started...

tyranitar.gif

DA BAWS (Tyranitar)(M) Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Superpower
Basically when I went into team creator the first thing I thought of was "ScarfTar is pretty dope" so I went with that. This is my speedy weather setter and Lati twin Pursuit trapper since the Lati Twins can give this team problems without him. Obviously Jolly nature is needed if you want to outspeed the Lati Twins. Crunch is there for powerful STAB damage. Pursuit has already been explained to trap Lati Twins and other psychic types that are outsped by T-Tar. I currently use Stone Edge to deal with flyers such as Talonflame and Thundurus. Also deals out nice damage to fairies that switch in on it when I might not go for pursuit on something. Superpower is mainly for Bisharp, Ferrothorn and anything else that resists its STABS such as fighting types. It also helps out breloom with Talonflame by coming in on a resisted Bravebird and retaliating with a fast stone edge.

excadrill.gif
Black N Decker (Excadrill)(M) Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
This thing in sand is a freakin' monster. Basically, this savage in sand hits a speed of 604 outspeeding anything that doesn't have priority or an agility boost with a naturally higher base speed. I've won a few games simply because of this guys blazing speed. Iron Head is it's main form of attack, hitting anything that doesn't resist it for pretty damn good damage. My M-Altaria check as well as my check for just about any other fairy. Earthquake pretty much just cleans house on anything that is grounded and won't be killed by iron head. He's also my stealth rocker and rapid spinner. Although Talonflame doesn't give my team much problems due to having a choiced Ttar and a Rotom-W it is nice to make it's death a little quicker with rock up. Also, M-Charizard Y can be a problem changing the weather on me and what not so rocks are definitely nice to have to wear that thing down. I like rapid spin to get rid of hazards, mainly sticky web since I can't be having that crap on my field. However, idk if the hazard clearance is worth losing 10% of my health . I may change it to rockslide to better take on Charizard-Y in the sand and talonflame.

breloom.gif
BreDOOM (Breloom)(M) Focus sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Spore
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Tomb
Oh, what's that Mr. Lando-T? You wanna leave some rocks on my side of the field? Fuck yo rocks and take this Spore wit cha! All jokes aside, this is my lead 99.9% of the time unless I know for a fact my opponent has something like a M-Lopunny to lead with that can hurt my breloom's feelings with a fake out. Focus Sash pretty much ensures something either gets put to sleep, punched reeeally fast in the face, shot by plant babies, or gets some big ass rocks dropped on 'em. This deals with the likes of rotom-W who really pisses this team off as well as lots of other water, rock, dark, ice, and ground types. Also can eat up an EQ if it needs to be a pal and help out Excadrill and T-Tar. I've been thinking of maybe changing to a Sub-poision heal set but so far this guy has been pretty serviceable.

azumarill.gif
Something Dies (Azumarill)(M) Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP/ 252 Attack/ 16 SpDef
Nature: Adamant
-Waterfall
-Play Rough
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower
The nickname says it all. Anyone who's familiar with the metagame already knows the punch this monster packs. My dragon check, and heaven forbid i eliminate your water resists early on. I like to bring this guy in on a prediction usually and put a ton of pressure on my opponent. if my opponent has a ferrothorn I will go for superpower depending on the current matchup I have. Waterfall is it's main stab being a water type with playrough to hit anything else that doesn't resist it for massive damage. Aqua Jet is used to revenge kill something weak and sweeps late game. Really helps out excadrill and T-Tar with Lando-T and Garchomp. I've been thinking of changing to belly drum set but I haven't tested it on this team yet.

rotom-wash.gif
Scrotom (Rotom-W) Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Hp/ 228 Def/ 32 SpDef
IV: 0 attack
Nature: Bold
-Will-o-wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Pain Split
Just your standard, annoying, try-hard Rotom-W. I know, sorry. This thing walls Talonflame like no other. I like to think someone in gamefreak during the making of B/W was thinking "Ya know, in Gen 6 we should make a flaming bird and give it a ridiculously OP ability that gives all it's flying attacks +1 priority and over-centralize the hell out of the OU Tier. But for now, let's make something that'll wall the shit out of it lol". ANYWAYS, this is my physical crippler and answer to Talonflame, Maga-Swampert, Lando-T, Scizor, M-Scizor, Mamoswine, maybe Keldeo if it's scarfed. Will-o-Wisp deals with any physical attack bar fire types. Hydro pump is my strongest stab move and helps take out those annoying Spdef Talonflames that think they're slick by roosting on a predicted volt switch. Volt Switch helps keep momentum on my side. Pain Split is always nice to get some recovery while weakening the opponent. Works wonders on blissey with its enormous HP stat. Also kind of helps out with Tornadus-T but dat Hurricane confusion. Make sure you put 0 in the IVs to avoid punching yourself in the face too hard.

thundurus.gif
Thunda Buddy (thundurus) Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpAttk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
IV: 0 attack
Nature: Modest
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-U-turn
-HP Ice
This guy gives me headaches trying to get his moveset right. He suffers from 4 move syndrome more than any one else on my team. Thunder Wave is a must to get the priority paralysis on something fast. I like to lead with it when my opponent has a serperior since most like to lead with it and I can get off a first turn T-Wave to cripple it if it stays in. Having the t-wave support makes it easier for T-Tar to hit things it can't normally outspeed with CS. Also helps Azumarill deliver damage without having to take an attack first most of the time. Thunderbolt is my STAB attack that hits hard and OHKOs all Manaphy sets not running much SpDef if any. U-Turn is to have a volt-turn core that keeps momentum going. HP Ice is for pesky ground types that might switch in on Thundurus. I almost want to run Nasty Plot over HP Ice but HP Ice helps against Serperior 1on1. also thinking of throwing Knock off on it since I don't have a knock off user, but I don't know what move I would want to replace it with if I do. This thing really helps against Tornadus without taking much damage back if it survives a T-bolt.

Threat List
serperior.gif

Serperior
This thing is a problem for a lot of people I realize, but it can do some work against this team if not handled quickly. My best way of dealing with it right now is Thundurus T-waving it and HP Icing it to death. Not the best strategy right now. Excadrill outspeeds in the sand and can 2HKO with Iron head while taking one unboosted HP Fire but that's very situational. T-Tar also outspeeds and 2HKOs with either crunch or stone edges but not the best option. Breloom can't use rock tomb because of the contrary boost. Best it can do is deliver, albeit decent, damage with mach punch before dying to HP Fire.

gyarados-mega.gif
M-Gyarados
This can be a threat if given the opportunity to set up a DD or two. My only true answer to it is a mach punch from breloom before dying to an ice fang. Excadrill in sand can hit hard with an earthquake before dying to a waterfall. Azumarill can survive a +1 Earthquake at full health and kill with play rough. Rotom-W would be my answer but OH HEY THIS BASTARD GETS MOLD BREAKER! :(

lopunny.gif
M-Lopunny
I know that is a normal Lopunny but the Mega Lopunny GIF wasn't working so I went with this. This Charlie's Angel wannabe is probably the most annoying threat to my team. T-Tar doesn't out speed to kill with super Power. Breloom can't OHKO with Mach punch at full health, although when weakened it's my best check to it. It hits way too damn hard for a playboy bunny. My best bet against this thing is Twaving it with Thundurus.

gardevoir-mega.gif
I hate this fatass. It screams and something dies. I literally have no switch in to it. Excadrill doesn't appreciate a hyper voice even though it's resisted. I can outspeed with T-Tar and smack it with a stone edge and MAYBE survive a hyper voice if they don't risk the focus blast. I haven't seen one yet with this team but I eventually will.
That's it for now. I could add more but I have things to do around the house so I'll end it there and let you all take over from here. All input is welcomed and wanted :) This team right now is 10-1 the one loss coming off of a dumb ass misplay but oh well. I'm also at the bottom of the ladder since I'm using a new account on PS. Comment away! Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Yo, nice team!

Looking at the sets, I'd definitely run Knock Off or Superpower > U-Turn. While the VoltTurn core is nice, mons like Tornadus-Therian and Jirachi do that better.
Yeah, I'd run the SubPunch Breloom set. Offers more utility and has a sense of recovery going for it. You have a huge weakness to grass types, so I would suggest Mega Charizard X > Azumarill. While it does get rid of a Mega Gyara check, this monster beats Mega Lopunny (after one DDance it can outspeed and OHKO), Serperior and Mega Gardevoir for you.

That's all I have for ya! Great team and good luck in your future battles! ^_^

Yo, nice team!

Looking at the sets, I'd definitely run Knock Off or Superpower > U-Turn. While the VoltTurn core is nice, mons like Tornadus-Therian and Jirachi do that better.
Yeah, I'd run the SubPunch Breloom set. Offers more utility and has a sense of recovery going for it. You have a huge weakness to grass types, so I would suggest Mega Charizard X > Azumarill. While it does get rid of a Mega Gyara check, this monster beats Mega Lopunny (after one DDance it can outspeed and OHKO), Serperior and Mega Gardevoir for you.

That's all I have for ya! Great team and good luck in your future battles! ^_^
I appreciate your input man! I think I'll definitely run knockoff on thundrus from now on. Charizard x makes sense as well. I'll give it a try and see what happens :)

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Nice Ted reference on Thundurus lol

Yo, cool team you have there, but it could use some changes. I noticed that your team doesn't have a Mega Evolution, which is quite needed this Generation. I'm going to suggest Mega Altaria over Azumarill. This does make you weaker the Mega Gardevoir and Weavile, it gets rid of 3 of your threats which are Serperior, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Lopunny. But I think you can play around with Gardevoir and Weavile as they do have low defense, making T-Tar and Excadrill do some damage to them.
Change Thundurus's Nature to Timid to outspeed mons with 350 speed. U-Turn on Thundy isn't that good on it. I'm recommend Knock Off as this gets rid of opponents items and getting rid of Chanseys Eviolite is helpful.
I would use this EV Spread on Rotom-W EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe as it lets you outspeed opposing Azumarill letting you able to burn them with a Will-O-Wisp. I hope I helped, have a nice day ^_^

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake/Refresh/Heal Bell
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)