My interesting team.

I have tested this team, and while it does do well, I know it could do better.
The main idea for this team is to set up with pineco, then go into Xatu, Cofag, or Machamp. If they get hurt, I just heal them up with Umbreon. I used to have a smeargle w/ spore, shell smash, and baton pass, but I didn't want to waste a slot.

1. Pineco-Hazards

Lvl 1, Ability: Sturdy, Item: Berry juice, Nature: any
Pain Split, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Spikes
No EV's, No IV's. I use this Pineco to almost 100% of the time put up some entry hazards. It has been my experience that I can very easily set up hazards with this guy. If I decide not to start with him, or he survives somehow, he is very good at stopping sweepers with pain split.

2. Sableye-Physical Wall/Will-O-Wisp
Lvl 100, Ability: Prankster, Item: Leftovers, Nature: Bold
Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, Foul Play
Max EV's in Defense and HP. If I don't start with Pineco, I usually start with this guy. His priority burn and taunt are excellent, and his defenses are stellar. Foul play is useful for defeating pokemon like kingdra who try to set up on me.

3. Xatu-Magic Bounce/Sp. Sweeper
Lvl 100, Ability: Magic Bounce, Item: Life Orb, Nature: Modest
Roost, Heat Wave, Grass Knot, Psychic
Max EV's in speed and sp. at. I use Xatu for sweeping purposes, as well as a HUGE supporter of Pineco and my team in general if I can predict status moves (i.e. taunt to pineco can be bounced). Sometimes I start with Xatu to counter the opponent's opener as well.

4. Cofagrigus-Bulky Special Sweeper
Lvl 100, Ability: Munny, Item: Leftovers, Nature: Quiet
Trick Room, Hidden Power Fighting, Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot
EV's in Defense and spA. IV's: 2 atk, 30 def, 30 spA, 30 spD, 2 spd. I use Cofagrigus to absorb predicted physical moves on the switch(eq's do 10%) as well as give them my ability. I often use a turn to trick room, then nasty plot into a sweep. I can do serious damage with cofagrigus if I play him right, such as switch into rapid spin/trick room on switch/nasty plot/sweep.

5.Hitmonlee- Physical Sweeper (Machamp)
Lvl100, Ability: Unburden, Item: Normal Gem, Nature: Adamamt
Fake Out, Close Combat, Stone Edge, EQ
EV's in Attack and Speed. I use Hitmonlee for physical sweeping. Fake out is very useful, and after unburden I will commonly be able to outspeed anything (even a choice scarfed raikou!). He is valuable since he is my only strong physical attacker (unless the opponent has a high attack, then I use foul play). I have had a lot of fun with hitmonlee. I have also used machamp, but I prefer a higher speed.

6. Umbreon- Cleric
Lvl 100, Ability: Synchronize, Item: Leftovers, Nature: Calm
Wish, Protect, Heal Bell, Foul Play/Toxic
EV's in spD and HP. Umbreon is my ultimate special wall and healer. He wishpasses to some hurt sweepers and heal bell's my team if status is becoming an issue. Foul Play gives umbreon an option for attack, while I can toxic stall exremely well.

I most commonly have trouble with strong special sweepers, but since many are psychic umbreon can handle them. I also have trouble against fire-type physical attackers since will-o-wisp does nothing. Pineco can usually pain split a troublesome sweeper down enough to be 1hko'd by fake out.

I have considered replacing sableye with a defensive roar blastoise to complement pineco, but i am not confident in this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)